Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th April 2014, 18:39   #3886
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudipto-S-Team View Post

I took delivery on 15th April. Mine came with Apollo tyres, not MRF. I don't know if they have one more vendor now or they have changed their lone supplier from MRF to Apollo. I know they have just one supplier for batteries, which is Exide. Clueless about tyres.
Upgrade the tyres then. Check for yokohoma geolander AT. I did this on my thar the very next day and got a deal of Rs 700/- per tyre. I am sure you can get it even cheaper as mine had traveled 300kms by then.
You though have to check if stock size is available.

Last edited by himadrimondal : 17th April 2014 at 18:47.
Old 17th April 2014, 18:50   #3887
BHPian

Re: Renault Duster : Official Review

Off topic- I will rather prefer 90 HP Punto as I like cars to be as small as possible so long as it is close to Verna in terms of refinement, power & features.
Old 17th April 2014, 21:54   #3888
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himadrimondal View Post
Upgrade the tyres then. Check for yokohoma geolander AT. I did this on my thar the very next day and got a deal of Rs 700/- per tyre. I am sure you can get it even cheaper as mine had traveled 300kms by then.
You though have to check if stock size is available.
"Paisa nei" in Bengali. "Paisa chhai na" in Nepali. "Paisa nehi hai" in Hindi. "Dabbu ledu" in Telugu. "No money" in English :-) I just bought a 5D, unfortunately. So new tyres will have to wait till these become old.
Old 18th April 2014, 10:18   #3889
BHPian

Quick update on my Duster ownership!

In just 5 1/2 months, the car has covered 12500 kms, but still gives me the same zing every time I crank it up!

Had it's 2nd/10000km service a couple of weeks back and the regular procedures were carried out.

Some doubts I have as of now:

1) The car doesn't really smoothen out small bumps. Maybe I have started expecting too much, but of late, I have observed that even on mildly bumpy roads, the car doesn't offer as smooth a ride, as people speak of here.

2) The AC is disappointing to say the least. It's not even peak summers in here in Delhi, but I already need to use the AC at 2/3. I can't imagine how will it hold up in May / June when the temperature is above 40, even 45 at times.

Other than that, got a few modifications done as well. Got chrome scuff plates and a rear leg guard. I wasn't really keen on the rear guard, bug my father insisted on it and hence, had to get it!

Will try and post a few pictures soon!
Old 18th April 2014, 10:25   #3890
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abh1nav View Post
1) The car doesn't really smoothen out small bumps. Maybe I have started expecting too much, but of late, I have observed that even on mildly bumpy roads, the car doesn't offer as smooth a ride, as people speak of here.
It should. What is the tyre pressure you maintain? I think that should make the difference. Another post which I read on the forum and which was so apt was: In our expectation that it would eat all the bad roads, we may tend to slightly abuse the car (I was also guilty on that count. I realised and I retracted). If you are a tad fast on bad roads, slow down a bit, and I am sure you would be rewarded. I am seeing fruits even now and its beyond 30K on the odo.

Quote:
2) The AC is disappointing to say the least. It's not even peak summers in here in Delhi, but I already need to use the AC at 2/3. I can't imagine how will it hold up in May / June when the temperature is above 40, even 45 at times.
This is surely the biggest let down. I sincerely hope Renault does something for the face lifted version. By now they should have had enough feedback on this front.
Old 18th April 2014, 10:35   #3891
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
It should. What is the tyre pressure you maintain? I think that should make the difference. Another post which I read on the forum and which was so apt was: In our expectation that it would eat all the bad roads, we may tend to slightly abuse the car (I was also guilty on that count. I realised and I retracted). If you are a tad fast on bad roads, slow down a bit, and I am sure you would be rewarded. I am seeing fruits even now and its beyond 30K on the odo.

Last time I checked, the tyre pressure was 30. Even though my dad takes the car to office daily, I have told him to make sure its at 30 everytime he gets it done.

I usually go slow on bad roads, still, it doesn't feel as smooth. Weirdly, the two test drive vehicles I had driven (both 85 and 110) before buying my Duster, too behaved in a similar manner.
Old 18th April 2014, 14:33   #3892
BHPian

Hi All,
I am interested in one of the items sold with Duster Adventure.
Renault Duster : Official Review-renaultdusterlospumasedition.jpg

Main purpose is to provide that adventure look, but more practically,
a place to mount aux lamps.
The help/advice i need is:
- do the lamps seen in the image come as part of this guard?
- if yes, how effective are they?
(they only look slightly bigger than the fog lamps)
- if not, is that space practical enough to install an Hella or Neolight?

Please let me know if you have installed this or own a Duster Adventure.
sumeshmani is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th April 2014, 15:47   #3893
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeshmani View Post
Hi All,
Attachment 1231310

Yes, they do come part of this guard

Haven't seen them illuminate at night, so no comments

Comments in bold above. The guard in the Adventure series certainly looks very nice and I was told by SA that Renault is selling them as accessories.
Old 19th April 2014, 13:31   #3894
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeshmani View Post
Hi All,
Attachment 1231310

Quote:
Originally Posted by geotracks View Post
Comments in bold above. The guard in the Adventure series certainly looks very nice and I was told by SA that Renault is selling them as accessories.
The Renault website has very minimal info..
Name:  Untitled.png
Views: 3664
Size:  382.3 KB

I am hoping to get feedback from Duster Adventure owners.
I have found the high beam lacking during rains and for general night driving at speeds of 100-110
I am sure all Duster owners have had the same feedback.

Soon I'll try to go to the service center and find the costs involved and if possible the specs of the fog lamps.

Any Duster adventure owners out there....please respond

Last edited by sumeshmani : 19th April 2014 at 13:33.
Old 19th April 2014, 15:56   #3895
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abh1nav View Post
Quick update on my Duster ownership!

Iam assuming that by smoothening out bumps you mean that a lot more steering feedback is necessary and the vehicle is markedly more uncomfortable to drive.Interestingly, if you are a passenger, the vehicle seems more comfortable. I am also guessing here that in your 12500 kms covered, you are guilty of rough riding over manholes at higher than normal speeds. If that is the case, you are not alone In the last few posts, I have been complaining about wheel shake and suspension clatter. Anyways. I took my Duster to the service center and told them to sort out my issues. As an attempt, they removed the entire suspension assembly and refitted it and now the vehicle rides like new.So I would suggest that you get down to your service center and insist that all suspension bolt nuts are properly torqued and you will feel the difference.
Regarding the AC, I have a high speed air blower which I use to clean the radiator and the inter cooler every 1000 kms. It is more like point and shoot at the radiator fins and the inter cooler fins.You will be surprised at the increase in cooling of the AC and the reduction in fan vibration after cleaning.Still, the AC cooling leaves a lot to be desired.

Last edited by Neil Roy : 19th April 2014 at 15:57.
Old 19th April 2014, 17:26   #3896
BHPian

On non-effectiveness of aircon in Duster, the zero sun control film rule is hurts.
In extreme weather stations the owners need to fix removable shades for windows and windshields while parking vehicles in open spots and also leave 1 CM or so gap in the window glasses during summers to reduce greenhouse effect. Also while starting the aircon, lower the window glasses fully, leave the fan at full blast for say 5 minutes with aircon at the highest and then raise glasses, lower the fan/chill ness to desired level. I found these practices help me when I travel to warmer places like Chennai or Kochi compared to Bangalore. Cheers
Old 20th April 2014, 08:59   #3897
BHPian

Recently published NDTV article that says, 2014 Renault Duster soon coming:

http://auto.ndtv.com/news/2014-renau...source=taboola

Would be interesting to see what upgrades the Indian customers get.
Old 21st April 2014, 21:09   #3898
BHPian

When I fill up the tank of my diesel Duster at the bunk after a while, the fill pipe backs up and the fuel starts to over flow. When this starts to happen, the tank is nowhere close to being full. I can usually pump in another 12 liters before the tank is really full. Do other Duster owners experience the same? If so, is there a way to speed up the process "full tank" proceed by avoiding the fill pipe back up? Right now, the guys at the bunk have to pump really slow during the last 10 minutes to prevent iverflow.

Last edited by bdman : 21st April 2014 at 21:17.
Old 21st April 2014, 21:40   #3899
BHPian

Renault Duster : Official Review

Not able to relate to your situation. For auto cutoff fill, I don't think it takes more than 2 mins to fill tank from empty.
Old 22nd April 2014, 07:41   #3900
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by austere_sly View Post
Not able to relate to your situation. For auto cutoff fill, I don't think it takes more than 2 mins to fill tank from empty.
I notice that I can still fill about 12 litres more after the auto cutoff. Which is premature due to fuel backing up in the fill tube.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks