Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th May 2013, 14:31   #2386
BHPian

Re: Renault Duster : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameerg001 View Post
Can you post a pic, if possible please.
Please see the attached images. The encircled areas show (a) how the radiator unit has come off the mount points and has fallen down to rest on other parts/chassis, (b) coolant spillages.
Attached Thumbnails
Renault Duster : Official Review-img_0638.jpg  

Renault Duster : Official Review-img_0639.jpg  

Renault Duster : Official Review-img_0640.jpg  

Renault Duster : Official Review-img_0642.jpg  

Renault Duster : Official Review-img_0646.jpg  

Renault Duster : Official Review-img_0647.jpg  

Renault Duster : Official Review-img_0648.jpg  

Renault Duster : Official Review-img_0649.jpg  

snkjr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2013, 16:26   #2387
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitdan View Post
I am a duster 110 owner.
These are interesting in terms of deal breakers. Maybe I do not see the need of having an intermittent setting, as it does not rain that much in Hyderabad. I am sure you have sound reasons for your decisions, but these seem to be a bit harsh for the vehicle. Were there other things you might not have liked in the package with these last two turning out to be the deal breakers?
Was the dealer experience bad and what else did you not like in the car?
There were niggling ergonomics issues and I had decided to forget them as compensation to brilliant drivability of RXz85. With recent Supreme Court Ban on films Lack of Tinted glasses are a deal breaker when the traffic police is over zealous on implementation. Ahmedabad has poor monsoon but most of the rains are in the form of drizzles. I have driven Two Maruti Gypsies without intermittent vipers and I know the pain of night driving with one finger on the viper stalk. For me that was the last straw that broke the camel's back.

Still miss duster, waiting for Renault to see light
Old 13th May 2013, 21:58   #2388
BHPian

I will be giving my duster for 10000km service tomorrow. I have few issues with door rattling and other minor ones. Should I ask for 5 wheel rotation at this service or is it done only at 20,000 km ? Other duster owners please advise. I also have a 2500 km trip to Mumbai coming up later this week

Thanks in advance
Old 14th May 2013, 06:19   #2389
Distinguished - BHPian

5 wheel rotation can be done. Will help keep tyre wear more even than if done at 20k
condor is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 14th May 2013, 08:00   #2390
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead1981 View Post
I will be giving my duster for 10000km service tomorrow. I have few issues with door rattling and other minor ones. Should I ask for 5 wheel rotation at this service or is it done only at 20,000 km ? Other duster owners please advise. I also have a 2500 km trip to Mumbai coming up later this week
The door is a known issue and Renault guys were fixing it at the 2K service itself. Is it something which experienced much later ?

And as @condor said rotation of wheels is a good practice.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th May 2013, 08:07   #2391
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post

The door is a known issue and Renault guys were fixing it at the 2K service itself. Is it something which experienced much later ?

And as @condor said rotation of wheels is a good practice.
Do we have references who can substantiate that the door rattle went away positively during their first service. The reason I ask is because my door rattle came in immediately post the first service, and also from reading a couple of posts my impression is that the door rattle, if fixed during the services, come back after a couple of days.

If what you say is true, then I should be on my way to the service station.
Old 14th May 2013, 08:14   #2392
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitdan View Post
If what you say is true, then I should be on my way to the service station.
Ask me ! I got it fixed in my 2K service. Now I am at 13K and have not got it again. But as per Renault, the rattle was seen on the front driver side door (This is what the SA told me). I did not have one there, but on the front passenger side one. That's the one which I got it fixed.

Last edited by ampere : 14th May 2013 at 08:16.
Old 14th May 2013, 08:53   #2393
BHPian

Is the Duster supplied with a service booklet and/or service coupons?

A friend has a month-old Duster cannot find any reference to the service schedule in the Owner's Manual. There also seems to be some confusion about whether or not free services are offered by Renault.

A call to the service center revealed that services are due at 2000/10000/20000 km in 1 month/1 year/2 years.

This is odd, the Renault showroom people claim there is no service booklet supplied with the vehicle.
Old 14th May 2013, 09:49   #2394
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Ask me ! I got it fixed in my 2K service. Now I am at 13K and have not got it again. But as per Renault, the rattle was seen on the front driver side door (This is what the SA told me). I did not have one there, but on the front passenger side one. That's the one which I got it fixed.
Got the duster delivered some few days back. Have got no door rattles, but I have faint plastic clatter in the rear which I can not seem to locate it. This slight clatter comes when there is an uneven stretch of road or when you leave clutch at low speed on a higher gear is when the whole vehicle shudders.
My guess is it comes from the foldable cover given at the rear which covers the dickey.
Any similar experiences ?? any idea what it could be??
niket.dhirai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th May 2013, 10:30   #2395
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead1981 View Post

Thanks in advance
A 5 wheel rotation will be easier if all five are alloy/steel wheels. Thus in such a case, its better you do it.

The big question is for people with 4 alloy wheels and a steel wheel for the spare. What should they do?
Other question is, should we even wait for the 10k service. Will 5k intervals be better for wheel rotation to keep the wear in check?
Please comment on this dear members.

Last edited by sumeshmani : 14th May 2013 at 10:32.
Old 14th May 2013, 11:35   #2396
KPS
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeshmani View Post
The big question is for people with 4 alloy wheels and a steel wheel for the spare. What should they do?
Other question is, should we even wait for the 10k service. Will 5k intervals be better for wheel rotation to keep the wear in check?
Please comment on this dear members.

It would be ideal to rotate the wheels every 10K or when you give for service, which every is earlier.

If you have four alloys wheels then rotate these four wheels only. Keep the steel wheel for emergencies and fit back the repaired alloy wheel.

Cheers

KPS
Old 14th May 2013, 12:00   #2397
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by niket.dhirai View Post
No idea. Have not experienced anything like that. Something to do with the boot?
Old 14th May 2013, 14:00   #2398
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by niket.dhirai

Got the duster delivered some few days back. Have got no door rattles, but I have faint plastic clatter in the rear which I can not seem to locate it. This slight clatter comes when there is an uneven stretch of road or when you leave clutch at low speed on a higher gear is when the whole vehicle shudders.
My guess is it comes from the foldable cover given at the rear which covers the dickey.
Hi
I had a similar experience and this was localised to loose jack in the side panel of the boot. Once this got fixed the issue resolved
Old 14th May 2013, 14:08   #2399
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by niket.dhirai View Post
Pl. get the rear bumper checked and its screws tightened up.
If it is loose (as was in my case) , you will get that faint plastic "rubbing" noise.
Old 14th May 2013, 14:47   #2400
BHPian

I have given my beast for service today, the issues I raised were

1. Door rattles
The service guy took a combined TD with me over some uneven surface and the rattle was much more than what I thought was present possibly because rarely I drive without music on. He said it was related to bearings and lubrication. This should get sorted, I have got my fingers crossed

2. Spongy brakes
The brakes have always had a grinding noise from day one, I had raised this issue during the first service for which they said they cleaned the brake pads. Issue recurred soon after but brakes always had the bite. Last thousand kilometres or so they feel very spongy and do not inspire any confidence in high speed, curiously though the sound seems to have disappeared now

3. Broken lumbar support adjuster
This got broken while got seat covers done outside, service guy says will replace subject to availability

4. Falling average
I used to get a constant of 16-17 while cruising at 100-110 in four lane but over last two thousand kilometres or so been getting only 14.-14.5.

5. Wheel rotation
Service guy said their policy is four wheel rotation only but since I insisted and as mine is from the initial 3 months it comes with 5 alloys he consented

He said cost of service would be around 3000 including oil change which I thought was lower than expected. I will be taking delivery in the evening so will update what was fixed and what not.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks