Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st October 2013, 17:48   #3136
BHPian

Re: Renault Duster : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kartik Kumar View Post
I'm wondering how much the alloys would cost even if the same were to be bought from Renault
Its not just the alloys. There are many subtle differences between the models, mostly to do with styling. It depends on what appeals to you.

http://www.renault.co.in/cars/Duster/equipment.html
http://www.renault.co.in/cars/Duster...fications.html

On safety features only driver seat belt reminder is additional on RxZ
Old 21st October 2013, 17:50   #3137
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
So what does the 110 RxZ get over the 110 RxL? The only thing of consequence I can think of is alloy wheels.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abh1nav View Post
The RXZ variant gets some minor upgrades over the RXL, apart from the allow wheels, like silver ORVMs, Silver Roof Rails, Silver door handles, etc. Also, the seat fabric design is a bit different in RXZ.
All the above + Airbags.

RXL has ABS but no airbags.
Old 21st October 2013, 17:58   #3138
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
All the above + Airbags.

There have been some changes recently. Here is a screen shot from the Renault site.

Renault Duster : Official Review-renault-equipment-mozilla-firefox_20131021_175509.jpg
Old 21st October 2013, 18:02   #3139
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by HillMan View Post
There have been some changes recently. Here is a screen shot from the Renault site.

Attachment 1155420
Wow! When did that happen? They should have done this long back.
Many RXL owners may feel let down. But if there is a price difference, may be that should compensate it for the same.
Old 21st October 2013, 18:33   #3140
BHPian

Quote:
But if there is a price difference, may be that should compensate it for the same.
Yes, prices went a little northwards to accommodate the changes. This is only with 110 variant.
Old 21st October 2013, 18:45   #3141
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, prices went a little northwards to accommodate the changes. This is only with 110 variant.
Yes, prices for 110 RxL did go up. I have two different price sheets from the dealer maybe a couple of months apart. Only 110 RxL prices have gone up substantially, other prices have only a minor revision or are the same (only speaking about 110 PS trims).

So if one is not interested in the cosmetic changes, 110 RxL might make more sense unless alloys cost close to 60K or so.

Oh I almost forgot - seat height adjustment and lumbar support adjustment are also present only in the RxZ and not RxL. Wonder how much of a difference the lumbar support adjustment makes and how one goes about changing it.
Old 21st October 2013, 23:54   #3142
BHPian

Quote:
I'm wondering how much the alloys would cost even if the same were to be bought from Renault. There is a 60K difference in price and alloys would come to perhaps 40K out of that.

Does anybody have the options/accessories price list?
Quote:
All the above + Airbags.

Quote:
Here's the new price list :

Renault Duster : Official Review-duster-price.gif

Here's the price list for accessories as provided by the dealer:

Renault Duster : Official Review-acc-price.gif
Abh1nav is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2013, 09:50   #3143
BHPian

9K for giving two airbags. Damn, these things are cheap !

Really cheap-ad of manufacturers to skimp on such an essential low cost safety feature
Old 22nd October 2013, 10:18   #3144
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Renault has upgraded the 110 RXL variant and now, it does come with with dual-airbags. This has been done over the past couple of months, because when I went to TD the Duster in August, the RXL 110 (with ABS and NO Airbags) was priced a bit lower than the 85 RXL (O), but now, the RXL 110 is priced a bit higher and comes with dual-Airbags.
Thanks, I did not know this. My January model RXL does not have airbags.

Quote:
Wow! When did that happen? They should have done this long back.
Many RXL owners may feel let down. But if there is a price difference, may be that should compensate it for the same.
I definitely feel let down. If there was a marginal difference amount to be paid for Airbags, I would have gladly paid for it. When I bought my Duster, there was RXZ (O). If there was an RXL (O) with all features at that time, I would have definitely taken that.

Last edited by addyhemmige : 22nd October 2013 at 10:19.
Old 22nd October 2013, 10:23   #3145
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by addyhemmige View Post
Thanks, I did not know this. My January model RXL does not have airbags.
But see what is the quoted price of the RXL versus what you paid. If its near same, then yes, its a bad feeling.
If the price was hiked and its steep, then I guess its OK. If its marginal increase over what you paid for your version of RXL, then again its bad.

Last edited by ampere : 22nd October 2013 at 10:38.
Old 22nd October 2013, 11:59   #3146
BHPian

The Sales Consultant at the dealer I went to insists that 110 RxL does not have dual airbags and that the company is mistaken :-) I asked him to confirm and he said that he would do it in 5 minutes and get back to me, its been over an hour and he's missing in action :-)

I talked to Renault Customer Care and they confirmed it has airbags. I have also sent them an email and waiting for their response so that I have it in writing though I doubt it very much that they will reply.

There is a 91 thousand rupee difference between 110 RxL and 110 RxZ in Bangalore compared to the 60 thousand rupee difference in the New Delhi based on the scan in the post above so that's another discrepancy.
Old 22nd October 2013, 12:08   #3147
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
There is a 91 thousand rupee difference between 110 RxL and 110 RxZ in Bangalore compared to the 60 thousand rupee difference in the New Delhi based on the scan in the post above so that's another discrepancy.
Would you mind posting the Ex-showroom & On road prices for both RXL & RXZ here as I see you are located in Bangalore. I wanted to see how much the price difference is now compared to what I paid in January.
Old 22nd October 2013, 12:33   #3148
BHPian

Quote:
The Sales Consultant at the dealer I went to insists that 110 RxL does not have dual airbags and that the company is mistaken :-)
Here in New Delhi, a dealer is selling both the RXL 110 variants, i.e. with and without the Airbags. AFAIK, the airbags are now a standard in the 110 RXL and some dealers are just clearing the old stock (sans the Airbags) that they might have.
Old 22nd October 2013, 13:31   #3149
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by addyhemmige View Post
Would you mind posting the Ex-showroom & On road prices for both RXL & RXZ here as I see you are located in Bangalore. I wanted to see how much the price difference is now compared to what I paid in January.
110 RxL - 1085000
110 RxZ - 1176000

"Price List with effect from 01.09.2013" is mentioned in the price list.

Quote:
Here in New Delhi, a dealer is selling both the RXL 110 variants, i.e. with and without the Airbags. AFAIK, the airbags are now a standard in the 110 RXL and some dealers are just clearing the old stock (sans the Airbags) that they might have.
That might explain the dealer sales consultant's confusion.

Edited to add: Now my sales consultant claims that the company created the 110 RxL for just a few weeks and then withdrew the model after some problems were found. So now 110 RxL is not available with dual airbags is what he says. Company customer care has confirmed that it has dual airbags. Will see if I get official confirmation via email but I doubt it. Something very strange is going on.

Last edited by Kartik Kumar : 22nd October 2013 at 13:36. Reason: Additional information added
Kartik Kumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2013, 12:55   #3150
BHPian

So finally, I have booked my White Duster 85 RXL (O) from Renault Faridabad and the final on-road price is 11.87 lakhs. Though I was more inclined towards the brown color, but my parents insisted on white! So White it is!

Also, the white was in stock and hence, I'd be taking the delivery next week on Friday, November 1. I'd like to thank you guys, who helped me with my doubts over the car.

Quite excited and just can't wait for next week. Will be asking for the VIN number and do a PDI soon!
Abh1nav is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks