Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th September 2013, 14:19   #3016
BHPian

Re: Renault Duster : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by HillMan View Post
None of them In Renault India official list of accessories as of now. If you see them at ASS, it's sourced from others. Most likely you will find a better deal at an automotive shop.

I was talking of wheel cladding /covers earlier.
That's what i am talking about.Renault claims that all accessories are available at their dealerships,but truth is dealers are just selling duplicates of the original accessories.
They charge you for original one's but what they provide you is cheap quality products.
Renault are you listening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
Friend of mine sourced it from Renault dealer in Dubai and had it send through some local courier service.
Hi,
Can you provide few details like name of dealership,price,duty etc.

BTW guys, LED tail lamps for Duster are available at Retroraps.
Price quoted to me is Rs 15500

I was searching for armrest,found this video on youtube
Neat and useful, i would say, i am looking for similar armrest for my duster.

Last edited by h.s.r : 12th September 2013 at 14:27. Reason: Details Added
Old 14th September 2013, 23:41   #3017
BHPian

I am facing an issue with seat-belt of my month old Duster. The driver side seat belt locker (where the belt inserts and locks) seems to be stuck and not moving or accepting the lock. Therefore, I am unable to wear seatbelt. Since I am used to buckling up everytime before I start the car, I feel a bit uncomfortable. Will take it to service centre as first thing Monday morning.

Meanwhile, if any BHPian has some DIY solution for this, please share.

ps. Would the service centre look at repairing or simply make some quick bucks replacing this?
Old 15th September 2013, 00:04   #3018
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pahwa View Post
ps. Would the service centre look at repairing or simply make some quick bucks replacing this?
I don't believe the SC will charge for fixing the issue. If there is no physical damage, they will replace it for free.
HillMan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2013, 19:59   #3019
BHPian

Did I miss it or was there no review of the petrol engine of the renault duster?
Old 15th September 2013, 22:04   #3020
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorquePeedo View Post
Did I miss it or was there no review of the petrol engine of the renault duster?
At today's petrol price are you seriously looking for Petrol Duster?
Petrol Dusters are not sold much. However, they are exported a lot.

I haven't seen a review either. But if the engine is same as the Logan, it's not bad. The absence of torque at low rpm might steal the feel of power.

But with it's claimed mileage and price difference in variants, the Diesel breaks even in 4 years against petrol. That includes the premium paid for Diesel and the higher maintenance and Insurance costs.
Calculated at 10,000km/yr drive.
Old 16th September 2013, 09:30   #3021
BHPian

there is one Petrol review at another forum. Can I post the name of the forum here?
Old 16th September 2013, 10:02   #3022
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gurha View Post
Has anyone seen this before and thought of doing it this way? If there is any suggestion about that will be really helpful.

Though it looks smashing, I have a strong feel that Aero dynamics will take a hit. I may be wrong but the round lights on top are just going to increase the drag on highways
rajshenoy is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2013, 12:52   #3023
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUXX View Post
there is one Petrol review at another forum. Can I post the name of the forum here?
Guess you can post the link.

As long as appropriate credits are given, we should be fine.
Old 17th September 2013, 07:00   #3024
BHPian

Hi, Guys I am back from an 8500K trip to LEH in my Duster RXL(o)85bhp from Chennai the car behaved superbly without not even an hitch all the way.

The windscreen had an mild crack on its own may be an manufacturing defective and the service station has promised to replace it once its available.

I have finished the 10K service everything is fine except the door rattling noise which the service guys says there is an upgrade available from Renault in the coming months which is the only solution I hope they provide it soon.

I had upgraded my headlights to 100/90 Philips Rally using an cutout and also the horn to Hella red grill, installed an DLR from Philips and an center universal driver armrest console.
sathyaprakash is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th September 2013, 07:42   #3025
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathyaprakash View Post
Hi, Guys I am back from an 8500K trip to LEH in my Duster RXL(o)85bhp from Chennai the car behaved superbly without not even an hitch all the way.

I had upgraded my headlights to 100/90 Philips Rally using an cutout and also the horn to Hella red grill, installed an DLR from Philips and an center universal driver armrest console.
Sathyaprakash, congratulations for your awesome drive, in sure you would have enjoyed every bit of it as going to Leh is a dream of every person.

I'm also glad to know that the car behaved perfectly for the entire trip, did you went to Leh before completing 10k on ODO?

I'm also planning to upgrade my lights but few people told me that it's not possible to do that in duster, if you have got it done can you please share some information how this can be done?
gurha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th September 2013, 08:07   #3026
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathyaprakash View Post
Congratulations!!!

Wow! That's a long drive, southern tip to northern. Hope you are putting together a travelogue with lots of pics. You must have a lot to tell

Hope to see some info on road behavior, FE etc.
HillMan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th September 2013, 10:15   #3027
BHPian

@sathyaprakash : Can you pls tell what was done in the 10K service? Thx!
Old 17th September 2013, 16:24   #3028

Does Anyone know how much the Duster Wheel Arch cladding (Plastic Black) cost in the Showroom and at Accessory shops?

Any clue about the K&N Filter for the Duster?
Old 17th September 2013, 20:38   #3029
BHPian

Has anyone faced a niggle with the horn?

My horn stopped responding at around 2800kms. Everything is factory fitted, no alterations yet. First it felt the horn response was random. Felt like a lose connection.

I was out of station so called Whitefield Renault, they suspected rat bite (which is not the case for sure). I park in a closed garage and we don't have rodent issues around.

Anyway, the horn started working after I turned the steering all the way left and then right couple of times.
Old 17th September 2013, 21:44   #3030
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by HillMan View Post
Anyway, the horn started working after I turned the steering all the way left and then right couple of times.
To me it looks like a lose connection some where. You should check that aspect.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks