Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th August 2013, 10:23   #2926
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUXX View Post
One issue with the Galeo Chrome kit that I had installed. It has started rusting up. I would not recommend this. Get the handles painted on your first service. Thats a lasting solution i guess.

On the ICE upgrade: I got the JBL 5.25" speakers added - cost me 5K fo rthe 4 speakers. But seriously, its not much of an upgrade. I would also advise against getting these speakers. They are pretty much the same as the stock ones ! and I'm 5K lighter.
please clarify about the duster skid plates price mentioned and if bought will they fit rxe model perfectly or will need any modifications
Old 26th August 2013, 11:32   #2927
Senior - BHPian

Re: Renault Duster : Official Review

Can anyone confirm if those roof rails are functional or just for show? If they are functional what kind of load bearing capacity does the roof of the Duster/Terrano have?
Old 26th August 2013, 12:33   #2928
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9thsphinx View Post
Can anyone confirm if those roof rails are functional or just for show? If they are functional what kind of load bearing capacity does the roof of the Duster/Terrano have?
It's functional metal rails. Loading bearing 100kg.
Old 26th August 2013, 16:43   #2929
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HillMan View Post
The sales guys had mentioned the Duster has factory fitted Kenwood speakers. Can anyone verify that please.

I am not a music enthusiast myself. Whatever plays is good. I find the sound quality pretty decent.
Its not marked anywhere as Kenwood but they are "Made in EU"
Not completely cheapo speakers. Infact, I find the replacement JBL a bit shrilly !

@ashwinvardhan: I got it for 6K for both Front/Rear. they are fibre and fit directly. The price may have been a fluke since the same SA quoted someone 12K a few days after delivery !
BUXX is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th August 2013, 17:17   #2930
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUXX View Post
Infact, I find the replacement JBL a bit shrilly !
That is because of the HU, which produces little or negligible bass.
You can though reduce the treble and increase bass in the HU but the audio would go flat, I guess.
You need an amplifier some where down the line.
Old 27th August 2013, 19:46   #2931
BHPian

Completed one month with my Renault Duster 85PS. Here are few of my observations:

Goods -
1. Milegae of 15 kmpl for first thousand KMs. Mostly driven in crazy Bangalore traffic. Expecting to see the mileage at 17-18 kmpl after 2k KMs.
2. Excellent ride quality. It sails over potholes and speed-breakers.
3. Low NVH and great drivability. Drives like a petrol engine. Vehicle feels most comfortable at 1800-2200 RPM. (Have not gone beyond 2200 RPMs till now)
4. AC works like a charm. Never had to move the fan speed beyond the first level. It chills the cabin in seconds in Bangalore weather. No impact on the pick-up either when AC is switched ON.

Bads -
1. My foot touches the steering column whenever I press the clutch fully. This may be due to the fact that I am used to my old vehicle.
2. No place to store water bottles on the rear seats.
3. Dust accumulation under panel gaps. My watchman cleans the car every morning and I need to come down open all the doors to have it cleaned properly. This is perhaps due to absence of rubber beading.
4. Seats could have better shape and stuffing. It is bare minimum for a million+ rupee segment car.
Old 27th August 2013, 22:36   #2932
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by pahwa View Post
4. Seats could have better shape and stuffing. It is bare minimum for a million+ rupee segment car.
If you have some good budget to spare, I would suggest a good leather drape for the seats. It makes the seat much more firmer and absolutely fatigue free even real long drives.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2013, 23:00   #2933
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
If you have some good budget to spare, I would suggest a good leather drape for the seats. It makes the seat much more firmer and absolutely fatigue free even real long drives.
+1 to that. It is easier to clean as well.
Avoid ball pen marks, the stain of which is the toughest. Just a caution because this is something that is found in pockets of passengers and glove box of your car
HillMan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2013, 23:35   #2934
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post

Thanks Ampere! I wish I could go for leather ones but noting great seems available under 20k+ here in Bangalore. Will go for Imperial leather's art leather suggested and being used by Hillman
Old 27th August 2013, 23:37   #2935
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by pahwa View Post
Thanks Ampere! I wish I could go for leather ones but noting great seems available under 20k+ here in Bangalore. Will go for Imperial leather's art leather suggested and being used by Hillman
That is true. Karlsson is good quality/price. But for the full car he would easily go near 40K which is double your budget.
Old 28th August 2013, 10:14   #2936
BHPian

RXZ -110 BHP. 9K km done.
Last week end , I took my beast to Mysore (from Bangalore) and back.(300 odd kms)
Consciously kept the speed below 100 and drove mostly in 5th and 6th gear.
Mileage - 20.4
Started with Full tank , reset all the counters.
I felt excited seeing the result on 110 BHP machine.
pradeepkm is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th August 2013, 11:01   #2937
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pradeepkm View Post
Mileage - 20.4
That is incredible mileage. But unfortunately we don't have much roads like the one you experienced. I always count Bangalore-Mysore road as one of the best roads present in India now.
Old 28th August 2013, 12:23   #2938
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxTorque View Post
That is incredible mileage. But unfortunately we don't have much roads like the one you experienced. I always count Bangalore-Mysore road as one of the best roads present in India now.
The road though is good, its way too crowded with all kinds of people. I think any decent SH with lower traffic where your speeds are restricted under 3-digits would yield good FE. Thats mostly 2-lane roads give you much higher FE as you cant go fast as against 4-lane roads where you can push way higher.

But yes 20.4 for the 110 is definitely good. Most 110 owners have not seen such figures !
Old 28th August 2013, 13:29   #2939
BHPian

Quote:
RXZ -110 BHP. 9K km done.
Last week end , I took my beast to Mysore (from Bangalore) and back.(300 odd kms)
Mileage - 20.4
Did you drive in off timings or night? I also went to Mysore last weekend and I could hardly reach 100 kmph speed consistently for more than say 5 min. The condition of Bangalore-Mysore stretch is pathetic now as compared to what it used to be some 4-5 years back.

I also have 110 BHP and done around 7K km, but the best mileage which I have got till now was on yashwantrao chavan expressway between Mumbai-Pune, when I was always in the range of 80-100 till I reached Powai from Pune, all on AC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxTorque View Post
Probably you have not seen the condition of this road recently, otherwise you wouldn't be saying this. It doesn't look like a highway anymore, rather it looks like you are driving within city limits. Its all piled up till Mysore from Bangalore.

I initially used to like NH-7 much better when I used to go beyond Hosur, until I discovered the NH-4, which is just awesome till Belgaum as its 6 lane all the way till belgaum, with some minor issues in between. So, till now for me, if I'm going just for a drive out of bangalore I would go on NH-4.
Old 28th August 2013, 15:11   #2940
BHPian

Quote:
Mileage - 20.4
Wow! That's a real good mileage. My feeler is the best mileage comes between 2000 and 2500rpm in top gear. What do you say?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks