Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th May 2014, 13:51   #3991

Re: Renault Duster : Official Review

Hello All,

There seem to be a strange display issue in the kms reading in the instrument panel. And it happens with both trip and odo readings.
For eg: If the reading is supposed to be 89. it is displayed as 39. And this happens only with the second digit. Car is still under 100kms. So dont know if other digits too will have this problem.
Haven’t had time to take it to the service center yet. Just checking here if anyone came across a similar issue ?
Old 15th May 2014, 15:49   #3992
BHPian

Came across this nice Duster ad recently. Got any clue what car (the one with oblong shaped rear bumper reflectors) is shown in the picture ?

Mods: if inappropriate, please delete/move it to the right section .

Renault Duster : Official Review-dust.jpg
Old 15th May 2014, 16:24   #3993
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pahwa View Post
every morning I see 2-3 mosquitoes sneaked in and troubling me.
I don't think it is related to insulation. I too had faced this issue, later found out that they were sneaking in when I open the door in the previous day to get out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xjosephjacob View Post
Came across this nice Duster ad recently. Got any clue what car
I too was thinking the same. My guess it is Daewoo Matiz, I guess the logo which is visible on wheel cover is of Daewoo's.
Old 15th May 2014, 16:27   #3994
BHPian

I am going in for the 2nd service @10k Kms this weekend for my 85 PS (O). Any advise or suggestions on reducing body/door noise. I also notice a lot of dashboard vibration. Can I also expect better FE post servicing? I also am unable to use the Bluetooth phone reliably and it is as predictable as the "weather" despite having replaced the entire unit. Suggestions/pointers on any other areas would be really useful beforehand.
Old 15th May 2014, 17:29   #3995

Quote:
Originally Posted by xjosephjacob View Post
Came across this nice Duster ad recently. Got any clue what car (the one with oblong shaped rear bumper reflectors) is shown in the picture ?

Mods: if inappropriate, please delete/move it to the right section .

Attachment 1241002
That's gotta be a Hyundai Getz [Model Year 2003 -2005]
somjith_nair is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2014, 10:37   #3996
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagendra_11 View Post
Hello All,

There seem to be a strange display issue in the kms reading in the instrument panel. And it happens with both trip and odo readings.
For eg: If the reading is supposed to be 89. it is displayed as 39. And this happens only with the second digit. Car is still under 100kms. So dont know if other digits too will have this problem.
Haven’t had time to take it to the service center yet. Just checking here if anyone came across a similar issue ?
Seems to me that part of the matrix in the display is gone bad/faulty. The numbers are displayed but that part isnt lighting up. I'm guessing it also shows errors on displaying 2,4,5,6,8,9 and 0. Should demand a replacement of the display I think. Should be under warranty.
RideRanger is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2014, 13:32   #3997

Yep. It happens with all numbers except '1'. Will take it to the service center. Thanks.
Old 16th May 2014, 14:17   #3998
Senior - BHPian

Just got a call from Renault - the girl claimed that the autolock feature is only for 'certain models' and not applicable to to India.

When I pointed out that that is not mentioned int the manual for this feature while it is mentioned for some other features (like the rear foot wheel blower vents. Seriously, why would they knock it off for India?), she hung up!
Old 19th May 2014, 16:18   #3999
BHPian

This auto lock feature is seriously bugging me now. Got a chance to spend time with the Terrano 110PS last evening, a good couple of hours. First thing I did was to check the auto lock. Turned on the ignition and pressed the central lock button for about 5 seconds when I heard a beep sound. Slot the car into first gear and within a few meters of travelling, the central lock activates. Why does this not happen in the Duster, I am sure if the technical person at the workshop tries connecting the OBD Port to a laptop and explores, the option should be enabled. Even GTO somewhere in the beginning of this thread mentioned it to be a two minutes job at the workshop.
The other major difference between the Terrano and the Duster is the idling speed.
Mine, 110PS Duster engine idles around 550 rpm where as the Terrano idles around the 800 rpm mark. This explains why the turbo lag seems to be slightly lesser in the Terrano 110PS.
Old 19th May 2014, 17:23   #4000
BHPian

^^ GTO only mentioned that its a potential "unlock" feature.
Entirely upto Renault to action upon this...

Regarding idling? is that with AC on or off? 110 or 85?
with Ac on- Duster idles at 800rpm. (on the 85ps)
Old 19th May 2014, 18:13   #4001
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhu View Post
Just got a call from Renault - the girl claimed that the autolock feature is only for 'certain models' and not applicable to to India.
Exactly the same response that I got when I had a chat with the Renault Customer Care. Checked out a few Dusters in the service centre when I went to take back my vehicle after the service. Some cars didn't produce the beep sound when I pressed the door lock button for 5 seconds, whereas the cars that sport the media-nav system does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by himadrimondal View Post
..Got a chance to spend time with the Terrano 110PS last evening..First thing I did was to check the auto lock. ..I am sure if the technical person at the workshop tries connecting the OBD Port to a laptop and explores, the option should be enabled. Even GTO somewhere in the beginning of this thread mentioned it to be a two minutes job at the workshop.
I haven't played around with the ECU in any car. I also believe that the RAID feature is present (Dacia forums say that the beep sound is a confirmation) in the Duster but is disabled through the ECU. Can someone who's experience in this area please pitch in ?

Quote:
Mine, 110PS Duster engine idles around 550 rpm where as the Terrano idles around the 800 rpm mark. This explains why the turbo lag seems to be slightly lesser in the Terrano 110PS.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BUXX View Post
Regarding idling? is that with AC on or off? 110 or 85?
with Ac on- Duster idles at 800rpm. (on the 85ps)
I'm not sure, however I think on a cold start I've noticed that my Duster 85 idles at around 600 rpm.
Old 20th May 2014, 09:43   #4002
BHPian

Some more pictures of Duster.
Attached Thumbnails
Renault Duster : Official Review-dsc_7887.jpg  

Renault Duster : Official Review-dsc_8006.jpg  

Renault Duster : Official Review-dsc_8007.jpg  

Renault Duster : Official Review-dsc_8008.jpg  

Renault Duster : Official Review-dsc_8018.jpg  

jaisha8 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th May 2014, 12:58   #4003
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himadrimondal View Post
The other major difference between the Terrano and the Duster is the idling speed.
Are you sure about the idling RPM difference? A 250 RPM difference works out at closer to 50% difference and that can wreak havoc on the daily city mileage on bumper to bumper traffic for the terrano. Maybe Terrano owners can confirm city peak traffic mileage.
Old 20th May 2014, 13:30   #4004
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
himadrimondal : Mine, 110PS Duster engine idles around 550 rpm where as the Terrano idles around the 800 rpm mark. .
Neil Roy : Are you sure about the idling RPM difference? A 250 RPM difference works out at closer to 50% difference and that can wreak havoc on the daily city mileage ...
Neil is correct - the difference should not be so much.

A low idling rpm causes a lot stress on the engine too. Please get it set to the correct values
Old 20th May 2014, 14:09   #4005
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil Roy View Post
Are you sure about the idling RPM difference? A 250 RPM difference works out at closer to 50% difference and that can wreak havoc on the daily city mileage on bumper to bumper traffic for the terrano. Maybe Terrano owners can confirm city peak traffic mileage.
My Duster surely idles around the 550 rpm mark and I have always felt the drawbacks of it. The biggest drawback of it is starting from stationary where I have to hold the clutch a few seconds more. Even a sudden release of the clutch without pressing the accelerator would make the engine stall.
But again if this car is compared to a car idling at higher RMP, when both the cars are moving, mileage obtained should be more or less the same. IF stationary for a long time like what you have pointed, bumper to bumper, there should be a difference in mileage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Neil is correct - the difference should not be so much.
A low idling rpm causes a lot stress on the engine too. Please get it set to the correct values
I always felt the same but never got the momentum to do it. With all this discussion and when you are suggesting it, I should get it corrected as quickly as possible. The good point still is my car does not stall or gives an impression of stalling even on cold starts and with the AC on, no vibrations what so ever.
Thanks.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks