Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th June 2016, 18:57   #5371

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waxeloquent View Post
(2) Ctrack's new nudge guard is a much better protection and does not block the exhaust!
Can you please tell us the model number and if this is available in Bangalore? Thanks.

Mine is a 85 PS RXL O NAV , with close to 12K Kms on the odometer. Yesterday, I had a problem shifting from 1st Gear to 2nd Gear. After being on the road for 45 minutes or so in free flowing traffic, after stopping for a traffic light, the car would not get out of 1st Gear... It took a good few seconds and it was very hard to change to 2nd Gear. This happened twice yesterday night. Took my Duster to Service Center this morning, and they said it is a common problem for 85 PS Dusters.... and that they need to get the Clutch Assembly replaced.... Did any of you face a similar issue? Thanks.

Last edited by ampere : 20th June 2016 at 19:31. Reason: Back to back posts merged
Old 20th June 2016, 22:58   #5372
BHPian

Re: Renault Duster : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by dusterman View Post
Mine is a 85 PS RXL O NAV , with close to 12K Kms on the odometer. Yesterday, I had a problem shifting from 1st Gear to 2nd Gear. After being on the road for 45 minutes or so in free flowing traffic, after stopping for a traffic light, the car would not get out of 1st Gear... It took a good few seconds and it was very hard to change to 2nd Gear. This happened twice yesterday night. Took my Duster to Service Center this morning, and they said it is a common problem for 85 PS Dusters.... and that they need to get the Clutch Assembly replaced.... Did any of you face a similar issue? Thanks.
My 85 PS duster has run 27k KMS. I stared facing this problem about 500 KMS ago but is very intermittent.
The service person said he could not reproduce it. As a precaution he has bled the clutch fluid.
I am not sure if this is really an issue or just me not having pressed the clutch all the way donw. Please do keep us updated on this issue.
Old 21st June 2016, 06:12   #5373
Senior - BHPian

This seems to be common. I got this within 5k km & Renault claimed that they replaced the entire transmission!

Getting it again, at around 55k.

I believe it is not serious. Had a similar issue in the Innova & it turned out to be due to a bad clutch.

Must be the issue here too; will go away once you change the clutch.

In the meantime, when it happens, just release the clutch fully & try again. Used to work for me on the Duster.

Also don't let them tell you otherwise - leave the car with them for a day if necessary
Old 1st July 2016, 00:09   #5374
BHPian

Guys,

What kind of a discount can I expect on a MY 2015 (pre-facelift) Duster RXZ, and on the Duster Explore Edition (85 PS)? Prices quoted are 12.2 lacs for the RXZ and 11.2 lacs for the Explore Edition. How much of a discount can I demand?

For comparison, the Nissan dealer informed me that they had sold the last of their 2015 Terranos two months back in May, at a discount of 1.3 lacs. I've seen the Dusters in the yard and they aren't even dusty or muddy.

Nissan was also offering a MY2015 top of the line Sunny XV Safety edition (12.06 lacs new) for 10.4 lacs. The Sunny is their display car, but the dealer started it in my presence, and it is absolutely pristine inside and out, with negligible distance on the odo.
Old 3rd July 2016, 18:00   #5375
BHPian

Hello Friends,

I was about to book 2016 RXL 85 ps today but then read the reviews here and a few things starting bothering me so though of asking here
  • Steering column rust
  • Air condition not effective
  • Rust and paint bubbles in other parts of the panel

I currently own a 2011 SX4 VDi and its aircon is pretty effective, it is to such an extent that on highway runs one cannot keep the blower at "2" coz of its chilling effect. Can the current owners comment on this?

Also need feedback on rusting on panels (cast iron parts tend to rust and are not the subject of concern)

Sole reason for zeroing in on Duster is due to its suspension and ground clearance. While there are other cars with better ground clearance (Honda BRV) but so far I have not seen a better suspension setup on any car at this price point and cost of ownership. Another reason was crash ratings of 4 for Duster (safety was another major selection criteria).
Old 5th July 2016, 15:19   #5376
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajatsingh78 View Post
Hello Friends,

I was about to book 2016 RXL 85 ps today but then read the reviews here and a few things starting bothering me so though of asking here
  • Steering column rust
  • Air condition not effective
  • Rust and paint bubbles in other parts of the panel

I currently own a 2011 SX4 VDi and its aircon is pretty effective, it is to such an extent that on highway runs one cannot keep the blower at "2" coz of its chilling effect. Can the current owners comment on this?

Also need feedback on rusting on panels (cast iron parts tend to rust and are not the subject of concern)

Sole reason for zeroing in on Duster is due to its suspension and ground clearance. While there are other cars with better ground clearance (Honda BRV) but so far I have not seen a better suspension setup on any car at this price point and cost of ownership. Another reason was crash ratings of 4 for Duster (safety was another major selection criteria).
My 85ps RXL is 20 months old now and I am based at Kochi. I haven't faced any rusting issues till now. As far as A/C is concerned it is just about average or slightly below average. It was struggling in the last Kerala summer (I have installed sun film in all glasses including windshield) where I have to constantly keep the blower at "3" or sometimes even "4" when rear seat is occupied. My colleague has a AWD version and he was also struggling with A/C during summer.

Suspension/Ride quality - No comments. It is just outstanding
Old 5th July 2016, 16:10   #5377
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselLover View Post
As far as A/C is concerned it is just about average or slightly below average. It was struggling in the last Kerala summer (I have installed sun film in all glasses including windshield) where I have to constantly keep the blower at "3" or sometimes even "4" when rear seat is occupied.
Had the same issue. No cooling even at 3 or 4.

Check/ change the AC filter (it is a 500 rupee part & takes 5 minutes to replace). There is a sea change after that; handled the Madras heat last week with aplomb & was more than sufficient at 2.
Old 5th July 2016, 17:01   #5378
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhu View Post
Had the same issue. No cooling even at 3 or 4.

Check/ change the AC filter (it is a 500 rupee part & takes 5 minutes to replace). There is a sea change after that; handled the Madras heat last week with aplomb & was more than sufficient at 2.
Thanks. Do you know what is the normal replacement interval for AC filter?

Can this be cleaned by us? I used to do it myself in my Swift.

ODO is at 25500 now and 30K service will take at least another 3 months.
Old 5th July 2016, 17:20   #5379
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselLover View Post
Thanks. Do you know what is the normal replacement interval for AC filter?

Can this be cleaned by us? I used to do it myself in my Swift.

ODO is at 25500 now and 30K service will take at least another 3 months.
Easily done DIY... basically it is a cartridge in the driverside footweel. 3 screws. Take it out; clean/ replace; screw it back. THat is all.

I have a question too:

How does one remove & re-seat the rear seat bench in the Duster?

Basically, it is loose on one side & all the rear seat buckles have got caught inside. Want to reseat it.

TIA

Last edited by sridhu : 5th July 2016 at 17:24.
sridhu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2016, 11:35   #5380
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

How does one remove & re-seat the rear seat bench in the Duster?

TIA
Never mind; did it.

Basically, you reach into the back of the seat (Where it meets the backrest) & pull upwards & forwards.

The front has a couple of tabs that go into corresponding holes in the monocoque body and the cushion just pivots outward on this.

In my case, one of the tabs (LHS) had come out of the hole. (Guess this & hiding the rear seat belt buckles are some of the 'services' that Renault did for the 50k service) That is the reason I thought that there was a latch at the back of the seat too.

Apparently in the Euro spec Dacia Duster, this is a real bolt & nut hinge. This tongue & groove type join looks awfully basic to me. Dont know safe it is.

See the attachment, pg 76A-1: Duster Trim & Upholstery Manual.pdf

I have also attached the electrical manual that I found.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Electrical Repair Manual_Reparatii_Duster.pdf (3.42 MB, 1245 views)
sridhu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2016, 18:02   #5381
BHPian

In my Duster RxZ 110 diesel, odo is 33k. At 30k servicing at Bangalore i was advised to replace the brakepads (cost around Rs3.8k) after another 3k km or so. Does it sound (distance and price) reasonable? Thanks, Cheers
Old 8th July 2016, 05:20   #5382
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
In my Duster RxZ 110 diesel, odo is 33k. At 30k servicing at Bangalore i was advised to replace the brakepads (cost around Rs3.8k) after another 3k km or so. Does it sound (distance and price) reasonable? Thanks, Cheers
Seems about alright. My brake pads were also changed in the 40k service.

Apparently the ABS wears out the pads faster. Surprising. I have never had to change brake pads before 65k before.
Old 8th July 2016, 07:24   #5383
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Quote:

Apparently the ABS wears out the pads faster. Surprising. I have never had to change brake pads before 65k before.
Mine has crossed 70K and I changed brake pads at 30 and 60K respectively. More than ABS I think bigger tyres may contribute to the wear and tear.
Old 8th July 2016, 07:36   #5384

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Mine has crossed 70K and I changed brake pads at 30 and 60K respectively. More than ABS I think bigger tyres may contribute to the wear and tear.
I got my 30k service done last week. The SA advised to change the brake pads(Rs.3800), shocker dust covers(Rs.1800), and air filter mounts(Rs.600).

I have owned several other cars but never they required change of brake pads and others mentioned such early in life normally all brake pads would last more than 50k kms i can only relate this too poor quality of spares from renault.

Secondly the prices of spares are really high like for innova set of brake pads cost around Rs.1600 and civic for around Rs.2000 for a set. Not only the brake pads but other normal consumable like oil filter and other spares are also expensive according to the cost of the car.
Seems like renault is fleecing the customers with poor quality and high priced spares.
Old 9th July 2016, 07:46   #5385
BHPian

I'm up for a 30K visit myself in another 1500kms. I have not been experiencing any visible lack of bite or the screeching sounds that imply wear and tear of the pads. Is there any other way to determine this without taking off the wheels?
I also had a query about the oil becoming totally black on the dipstick, but the posts here have explained that to be the norm. Nothing rough in the way the engine reacts.. just some extra vibrations while idling. Have noticed much better pickups or maybe I have started loosening up with the pedals. The AC worked well for a full load of people and bags through three separate long trips this year, over 43˚C areas. Short bursts at setting 3, and left at 2. The First and second gear slotting is what really bothers me. Its not pushing back or slipping, just a little notchy and a bit hard to slot than the rest. Overall, a very satisfied customer. Touchwood.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks