Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th October 2016, 21:13   #5446
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit73 View Post
I have enquired from various dealers in Bangalore (actually various branches, since there is only one dealer) and everyone said that there is no discount on offer for any of the Adventure edition vehicles. If you are being offered discounts, please share your experience on this form.
Strange. The customer service guy clearly told me about the discount offered. I suggest you get in touch with Renault customer care directly get confirmation and then approach the dealer again. In the meantime once I get a call from my dealer I will reconfirm the discount offered to me as well.
Old 14th October 2016, 17:35   #5447
BHPian

Quote:
I have enquired from various dealers in Bangalore (actually various branches, since there is only one dealer) and everyone said that there is no discount on offer for any of the Adventure edition vehicles. If you are being offered discounts, please share your experience on this form.
I spoke to one dealer today. Was offered a 40k cash discount plus two gold coins on the adventure edition. Didn't negotiate at all from my side as I am waiting for another dealer to make an offer as well. But what shocked me was the two and a half month of waiting period on any duster. Wonder what's going on with Renault. Mods sorry again for back to back posts.
Old 14th October 2016, 18:12   #5448
BHPian

Speaking of discounts, I just received two texts from dealer.

''Renault Diwali offer. Get 2 Gram Gold coin on booking of Duster with Lowest Finance of just 2.99 % or offer of Rs 80000 Renault Karnavati 9377771122''

''Now get Renault Duster Automatic at Price of Manual Gear. Price at just Rs.10.99Lac offer of 1Lac. Hyundai Creta at Rs.14.82Lac. Renault Karnavati 9377771122''

PS: I booked a duster in March earlier this year and canceled later hence they have my number.
Old 14th October 2016, 23:18   #5449
BHPian

@Amit73 I think the dealer is trying to play smart. You should confront him by quoting Renault and even after that he denies it you should directly contact Renault India. That way you can call out on his bluff. Keep us posted though.
Old 15th October 2016, 05:41   #5450
Senior - BHPian

Re: Renault Duster : Official Review

Sorry for getting back late -- I own an AWD and boy its so fun to drive! Top end RXZ has ESP & traction control, as well. Never experienced any turbo lag either. The only let down (big one) is the interiors quality.
Anybody has spruced up the interiors? Would love to look and copy
Equus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2016, 20:54   #5451
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajamuneeb View Post
@Amit73 I think the dealer is trying to play smart. You should confront him by quoting Renault and even after that he denies it you should directly contact Renault India. That way you can call out on his bluff. Keep us posted though.
I got the follow up calls from some dealers but they were still adamant that no discount is on offer. I have anyways dropped the idea of buying a Duster and am pursuing other options.
Old 15th October 2016, 22:22   #5452
BHPian

Quote:
I got the follow up calls from some dealers but they were still adamant that no discount is on offer. I have anyways dropped the idea of buying a Duster and am pursuing other options.
Best of luck for your new buy. Keep us updated on the option you finalize. Hope dealers learn to honor companies discount strategies. I faced a similar issue couple of years back with mahindra dealers in my city.
Old 20th October 2016, 08:41   #5453
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
Strange. These guys seem to want to keep it under wraps. Just keep getting pictures/videos from you mobile, so that you have some evidence .
The issues have been addressed and vehicle feels better to drive now. The scanner could not read the remap but now I have reverted back to stock map.
Old 20th October 2016, 14:24   #5454
BHPian

The CLIP at the service center cannot detect any change in the checksum files, it will comeup only if the owner say himself or when there is a big claim where the renault engineers are involved and analysing the pattern deeply. In normal cases it cannot be detected by any service centers (same for all manufacturers)
Old 23rd October 2016, 20:59   #5455
Senior - BHPian

Does any one know the dia of the stock brake disks of the Duster 110 ?

Has anyone upgraded the brakes on their dusters ?

Please kindly post feedback on this thread.

Last edited by cooldude1988765 : 23rd October 2016 at 21:02.
Old 3rd November 2016, 21:20   #5456
Senior - BHPian

Has anyone overhauled the clutch assembly of Duster? My friend's Duster clutch gave up after 82k on odo. The service center gave him the estimate of 45000 for the job.
Old 3rd November 2016, 22:46   #5457
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourabhzen View Post
Has anyone overhauled the clutch assembly of Duster? My friend's Duster clutch gave up after 82k on odo. The service center gave him the estimate of 45000 for the job.
Not a Duster owner but please check if it is clutch plus flywheel or only clutch. If the former, then it's expensive. If the latter, then it's outrageous!

82k km is a very respectable mileage on an OEM clutch. I am assuming it's a 4x2 as well.
Old 4th November 2016, 12:39   #5458
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Not a Duster owner but please check if it is clutch plus flywheel or only clutch. If the former, then it's expensive. If the latter, then it's outrageous!
Following is the estimate given-

Clutch plate 15k
Flywheel 17900
Cylinder 3800
Master cylinder 3800
Labour 5800

It seems too high. Please advise
Old 5th November 2016, 14:48   #5459
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourabhzen View Post
My two friends who own 110 bhp duster has been dealt with the same body blow from Renault. The first time it happened, I thought the dealership was taking my friend from a ride as generally we never change fly wheel at 60K odd kilometers. Only the clutch assembly and related components need to be changed. However, on investigating further and talking to the Head of Service, I find that the design requires you to change both.

Unfortunately, all 110 owners should prepare themselves to spend about 50K Ruppees sometime between 70K and 90K kilometers. The sad thing is that the clutch just packs up completely without warning. In come cases you will feel the jerking when it slips as you start moving from stopping.

Apparently the 85ps version and the 110 4WD version,k doesn't have this design/problem where the fly wheel has to changed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
82k km is a very respectable mileage on an OEM clutch. I am assuming it's a 4x2 as well.
82K is respectable for Clutch. However, the problem is that all Duster 110 requires flywheel to be changed along with clutch. We generally don't have to do this for most vehicles. That is why the cost is outrageous.

Last edited by 4x4addict : 5th November 2016 at 14:51.
4x4addict is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2016, 22:44   #5460
Senior - BHPian

Renault is losing its credibility, as I have found out in the last 2 months, there is so much of difference in design and parts quality between 85 PS and 110 PS. My brother in law's 110 PS has a 50AH battery and mine has a 60AH battery, there was an oil leak from turbo within first 2500 km. His vehicle has severe smoke issue while my vehicle does not have these problems. Plastic components are exposed without sufficient insulation inside the engine bay in 85 PS version, ABS kit is completely juggard in 85 PS quality wise. Renault is not willing to accept its mistakes and asking us to contact dealers. I told Arun Nair, Renault Sales Manager for Karnataka that in future I will try to fix the problems on my own and won't approach Renault for any issues. It is just a matter of time before Renault will go GM way due to its arrogant attitude.

Last edited by deehunk : 5th November 2016 at 22:45.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks