Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th March 2016, 11:57   #5311

Re: Renault Duster : Official Review

Quite like the new duster. Looks pretty impressive with the reworked front as well as the new alloys. I Wish they had a turbo petrol on the offering..would have loved to take that up with a manual tranny.
Old 5th March 2016, 13:27   #5312
BHPian

My Renault Duster's 3rd service is due and am looking forward to getting it serviced at the Rama Road service station in Delhi. If anyone could:

a) suggest if I should go for synthetic oil rather than the mineral oil. I am leaning towards synthetic oil. And, if synthetic oil is recommended, should I go in for 5W30 or 5W40 oil?

b) what is the likely cost factor for this service? I saw one invoice copy that showed close to Rs. 11,000/- being the cost of third service with synthetic oil

c) Any other advice or expert suggestions are welcome.

Last edited by rdhawan15 : 5th March 2016 at 13:34.
Old 5th March 2016, 16:50   #5313
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdhawan15 View Post
My Renault Duster's 3rd service is due and am looking forward to getting it serviced at the Rama Road service station in Delhi. If anyone could:

a) suggest if I should go for synthetic oil rather than the mineral oil. I am leaning towards synthetic oil. And, if synthetic oil is recommended, should I go in for 5W30 or 5W40 oil?

b) what is the likely cost factor for this service? I saw one invoice copy that showed close to Rs. 11,000/- being the cost of third service with synthetic oil

Hi,

I assume this is the 20k Kms service you are asking about, my suggestions:

A- Stick to the recommended mineral oil (Elf Prestigrade 15W40). First, even if you use synthetic oil, you will have to get is replaced at the next service (after 10,000 kms) for warranty purposes &
second, IMHO synthetic oil offers very negligible improvement in terms of NVH & performance under normal/sedate driving conditions.

If you still wish to go the synthetic way, 5W40 is the one to go for.

B- The likely cost for this service should be around Rs 5k if you stick to the basics, i.e. mineral oil & 4 filters (oil, air, ac & diesel), the labor if free for the 3rd/20k service.

C- Don't opt for any extra services like engine coating/flushing or ac disinfecting etc, they are completely unnecessary & offer very little or no value most of the time. I would even suggest you to get the alignment & balancing done outside at any competent place, they will almost always do a better job at half the price.

Also, a couple of members here have posted something about a complimentary anti rust treatment for dusters by Renault, do ask for it.

P.S. - I own a July 2014 Duster 85ps, done 46k kms.
lancerlover is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th March 2016, 09:55   #5314
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carwatcher View Post
OMG, am I missing something here.

There is not a single reply on the news of AMT Duster launch which I believe is a reasonably big and important news as I feel the Duster us much loved car on T-BHP.

I think 6-Speed AMT DIESEL at 11.7 Lac is a seriously VFM proposition.
I think all the discussions are going on in this thread - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...-2016-a-5.html
Old 7th March 2016, 16:31   #5315
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancerlover View Post
Hi,

I assume this is the 20k Kms service you are asking about, my suggestions:

A- Stick to the recommended mineral oil (Elf Prestigrade 15W40). First, even if you use synthetic oil, you will have to get is replaced at the next service (after 10,000 kms) for warranty purposes &
second, IMHO synthetic oil offers very negligible improvement in terms of NVH & performance under normal/sedate driving conditions.

If you still wish to go the synthetic way, 5W40 is the one to go for.

B- The likely cost for this service should be around Rs 5k if you stick to the basics, i.e. mineral oil & 4 filters (oil, air, ac & diesel), the labor if free for the 3rd/20k service.

C- Don't opt for any extra services like engine coating/flushing or ac disinfecting etc, they are completely unnecessary & offer very little or no value most of the time. I would even suggest you to get the alignment & balancing done outside at any competent place, they will almost always do a better job at half the price.

Also, a couple of members here have posted something about a complimentary anti rust treatment for dusters by Renault, do ask for it.

P.S. - I own a July 2014 Duster 85ps, done 46k kms.
Thanks for your suggestions. I will stick to the basics when I schedule my 20,000 Km service.
Old 8th March 2016, 08:59   #5316

Hi all

A dealer in Mumbai is offering a cash discount of 1 lac on the Duster 85PS Explore edition. It is a 2015 model definitely and the discounts are mostly since a new model is just 3 months down the road.
Do you think it's a good deal ?
Old 8th March 2016, 10:06   #5317
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swap2909 View Post
Hi all

A dealer in Mumbai is offering a cash discount of 1 lac on the Duster 85PS Explore edition. It is a 2015 model definitely and the discounts are mostly since a new model is just 3 months down the road.
Do you think it's a good deal ?
I don't think so. During year end in Hyderabad, discounts were running up to 85 thousand for most of the models. Considering that it is already March, discount should be higher, also considering the fact that facelift is launched. Try barganing for more. Also check with other dealers as most of them might be having stock.
mrbaddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2016, 11:16   #5318

Thanks Buddy. This helps. What should be a good discount to target ?
Is going for old version (with discount) v/s waiting for new (with higher prices) a good decision ?
Old 8th March 2016, 11:27   #5319
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swap2909 View Post
Thanks Buddy. This helps. What should be a good discount to target ?
Is going for old version (with discount) v/s waiting for new (with higher prices) a good decision ?
If you intend to use the car for long and are OK to ignore the new design elements and minor improvements them buying the older version with discount makes more sense.
soumen.blore is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2016, 11:31   #5320

Quote:
Originally Posted by soumen.blore View Post
If you intend to use the car for long and are OK to ignore the new design elements and minor improvements them buying the older version with discount makes more sense.
That's why i am asking - what should be a good discount that i should target ?

Also - Change in Duster is mostly only design. I am assuming that in case i get bored by design - i can always get the grille/tail lamps etc changed couple of years later from aftermarket. Right ?
Old 9th March 2016, 10:42   #5321
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdhawan15 View Post

Finished my vehicle's 20k service yesterday. A little over a year old. Stuck to the basic oil and Fuel/AC/Air filter changes. Insisted on mineral oil. Some consumables (top-ups) added. Corrosion check done. Some minor things corrected. Billed 5,284/-.
Wheel balancing and alignment to be done outside.
Hope this is of help to you.
Shanmd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th March 2016, 12:25   #5322
BHPian

Indeed, this is very helpful.
Old 11th March 2016, 10:32   #5323
Senior - BHPian

What does six speed mean? 5 forward and one reverse? Isn't it the same for all other AMTs available here? The newspaper advertisement says 'first 6 speed AMT'.
Old 11th March 2016, 10:52   #5324
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinojohnt View Post
What does six speed mean? 5 forward and one reverse? Isn't it the same for all other AMTs available here? The newspaper advertisement says 'first 6 speed AMT'.
Six speed AMT means 6 forward and one reverse. All other AMT's available now are 5 speed ones (5 forward + 1 reverse).
Geo_Ipe is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2016, 13:58   #5325
BHPian

Renault Duster 35000 km done

Hi, my RXE, purchased in July 2013 has completed 35000 kms now, and after my recent trip from Bangalore to Durgapur (WB) I realized that the power has come down considerably. It also tends to be a little jerky in city traffic and I have to mostly use the first gear. I also found a little bit of black smoke while accelerating from zero. On moving to second gear, the smoke disappears.

Any suggestions? Is it the clutch? Am in Bangalore and am planning a trip to Leh in May (if weather permits and if the roads are not blocked by snow, agitators, or terrorists), and want to get a thorough service done. But before the service center guys try to fleece me, I wanted some advice from the experts.

These are some pics of the Duster at various places in India.

Renault Duster : Official Review-img_20150516_1707032.jpg

Renault Duster : Official Review-1264909_10151704988797828_548875067_o.jpg

Renault Duster : Official Review-12105921_10153214572362828_3487453195594455042_n.jpg

Renault Duster : Official Review-12109217_10153218535802828_1986396922636603057_n.jpg
Oreen is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks