Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th October 2015, 17:53   #5191
BHPian

I have a 85 PS 2013 variant of RXL (Option) with the media NAV. It has been 2.5 years and the blue tooth connectivity has been working as unpredictable as the weather. Infact Renault even replaced the unit about a year or so back to no avail. I have tried with most of the popular phones and it connects at times and doesnt most of the times. Infact the pairing works just fine, only there is no functionality(:() viz. no dialling, no media play, etc. In short both ends - phone and the media nav just show connected but nothing beyond that. Recently, out of sheer frustration, I even put it out on social media and the Renault folks came running, inspection by an engineer, etc. Its all silence later. Is this issue specific to me only? I don't see any posts or concerns on this topic ? I have another BT car phone from Jabra and it works flawlessly with the same set of mobile phones. That was also demonstrated to Renault.

I am at my wits end. Renault however does not seem too concerned. Any clue what may be the crux of the issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by C300 View Post
Thanks for the update. Is it available as an accessory and have you fitted it on your AWD? Do share your experience.
I had constant creaky noises and after several followup and escalations, they finally replaced my 2013 model with the upgraded beading. The dealers dont do it willingly. They dont do it unless advised by the OEM. The earlier one was swede sort of material which was difficult to clean; the upgraded one is of rubber, much better to clean and maintain too.

Last edited by ampere : 24th October 2015 at 20:18. Reason: Back to back posts merged
Old 25th October 2015, 21:43   #5192
Senior - BHPian

Re: Renault Duster : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
The next-gen Renault Duster is scheduled to arrive in India sometime in 2018.

More importantly, it could come with a 7-seater option in a 5+2 seating arrangement.

IAB
Considering its launch way back in 2012(more than 3 years now), I was expecting Renault to revamp duster by 2016(max early 2017).

In 2018, current duster will be a six year old product. Looks like Renault is following Honda's time frame to introduce a completely revamped product.

I am putting Duster in my shopping list for next car. But Renault, Please don't make your prospective customers wait so long till 2018!
bluevolt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2015, 14:27   #5193
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny13 View Post
I have a 85 PS 2013 variant of RXL (Option) with the media NAV. It has been 2.5 years and the blue tooth connectivity has been working as unpredictable as the weather. Infact Renault even replaced the unit about a year or so back to no avail. I have tried with most of the popular phones and it connects at times and doesnt most of the times. Infact the pairing works just fine, only there is no functionality(:() viz. no dialling, no media play, etc. In short both ends - phone and the media nav just show connected but nothing beyond that. Recently, out of sheer frustration, I even put it out on social media and the Renault folks came running, inspection by an engineer, etc. Its all silence later. Is this issue specific to me only? I don't see any posts or concerns on this topic ? I have another BT car phone from Jabra and it works flawlessly with the same set of mobile phones. That was also demonstrated to Renault.
My only troubles with the MediaNav is the arbit appearance and disappearance of AlbumArt of songs. This is not so frequent that it becomes irritating. But it does behave erratically.
Shanmd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2015, 19:04   #5194
BHPian

Duster owners from Cochin, I have a question. My friend is considering the Duster as a replacement for his ageing (or should I say aged) 2002 Esteem. His family likes the seating and the convenience of walking in as opposed to crouching to get in and the comfort on offer.
The only stumbling block being the relatively poor reputation Renault has earned for A.S.S. What is the opinion on the Renault dealerships in Cochin as far as the sales and after sales experience goes.

Note: Maruti levels of satisfaction are desirable, but as long as they look after your car and you properly he's gonna be happy.
Old 26th October 2015, 22:05   #5195
BHPian

I bought a chrome exhaust tip for my Terrano, but after fixing it I realized it is suitable for exhausts which have a small bent at the end. Since I have fixed it for Terrano's straight exhaust, almost half of the exhaust opening seem to be blocked. Should I remove and fix a straight one? Pls advise.

Here is the picture of chrome exhaust tip.
Attached Thumbnails
Renault Duster : Official Review-exhausttip.jpg  

Old 27th October 2015, 15:20   #5196
BHPian

A DIY attempt to soundproof a 2012 duster. More details can be found at:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post3834848

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post3834856
::CMS:: is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th November 2015, 14:52   #5197
BHPian

Hi Folks

I just booked a Renault Duster 110PS Explore Edition at Renault Mt. Road, Chennai with booking amount of 50K. Delivery due on 25/11.

I have some questions regarding my test drive and the dealer's pricing:

1) GEAR ROD JERK ISSUE: I test drove the "2015 updated" Duster 110PS RXZ and 85PS RXZ. I found the car fantastic to drive and good handling/suspension. My ONLY concern was every time I am at a LOW RPM (1200 maybe) on any gear and applied/release the throttleI felt a jerk on the GEAR ROD (as in stop go traffic/highway acceleration but dodging traffic). This is NOT a jerk on the vehicle/engine, this jerk is on the gear knob and could be distinctly felt on my palm placed on the rod every time I apply OR release throttle at a low RPM as in the torque engaging/diengaging. At higher RPMs this fades away (maybe after turbo engaged?), just smooth shifts. I felt the same on both 85 and 110 and highlighted it to the demo guys but they just shushed it off telling, "this is a demo vehicle saaarr".
The demo vehicle had 360Kms on the ODO, TC board and spanking new.
Is this a common occurrence with all dusters or is there an issue on the production model? Should I be concerned on my new booking? Owners, thoughts please!!

2) CHARGES FOR RTO/Regn:
OTR : 13.68L
Ex Showroom: 11.30L
Insurance: 42K
RTO/Warranty/Other: 1.95L
Insurance is a no-brainer, Im taking directly which the dealer kindly agreed to and all is well. TAIG comes to 28K, saving a whopping 14K which is 50% of actual! This is exactly why you have to read the Buying a new car guide.
But this brought a question trying to find out how much the dealer is damaging me on Regn./Other charges of 1.95L, so this is the split up he had to give:
Chennai LTT @ 15%: 1.70L (very accurate)
Split up for Balance for 25,000:
Road Safety: 2600 (whatever that is?)

Flat Charges: 600 (RTO Fees is 400 for new LMV)

TCR Insurance: 1800 (He says there is an insurance to be applied for Trade certificate vehicle to be taken on the road to RTO/Showroom, True?)

Extended Warranty: 11800 (2 more years - total to 4 years)

RTO: 2800 (Bribes?)

Loading Unloading: 1500 (Wut?)
That brings the amount to 1.9L, the additional 5K he offered to me as a discount!
But considering he is giving me around 10K worth of accessories like mud flaps, 3M coating etc. should i go to RTO myself or is it not worth the hassle in this case. (I am hoping I can save some money here and get a "choice" number for that money). So what amount of BS am I looking at?

3) TEMP CHARGES: If I am going to RTO myself I know I need to get a Temp, his price list mentions that Temp Charges are 10,000 , Should I take it seriously, Temp charges as per RTO website is 40 Rs and done in a day. Seriously?

Other duster buyers/owners, please help me on these questions since I will be getting loan process done next week and I dont want to do it if I am at a disadvantage.
Old 7th November 2015, 17:42   #5198
BHPian

The gear shift shake is standard in Duster as well as the Terrano; the rest, I'll let domeone else answer
epijay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2015, 21:20   #5199
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmenon View Post
Duster owners from Cochin, I have a question. My friend is considering the Duster as a replacement for his ageing (or should I say aged) 2002 Esteem. His family likes the seating and the convenience of walking in as opposed to crouching to get in and the comfort on offer.
The only stumbling block being the relatively poor reputation Renault has earned for A.S.S. What is the opinion on the Renault dealerships in Cochin as far as the sales and after sales experience goes.

Note: Maruti levels of satisfaction are desirable, but as long as they look after your car and you properly he's gonna be happy.
My view - After sales from Renault is just average and at time may frustrate you. Not to be blame the dealers, I think it the principal to blame more than anything else. I have some recurrent issues such as body noises, bluetooth issues, etc. which do not seem to ever get resolved. Otherwise, it is a good and robust car.
Old 8th November 2015, 22:10   #5200
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny13 View Post
My view - After sales from Renault is just average and at time may frustrate you. Not to be blame the dealers, I think it the principal to blame more than anything else. I have some recurrent issues such as body noises, bluetooth issues, etc. which do not seem to ever get resolved. Otherwise, it is a good and robust car.
I quite agree with sunny13; the service agents are dreadful; they think nothing of wasting time when sequential things could have been done in parallel..it took 6 hours to change 4 tyres.. *shudder* The car is great, however. I've put on 30K Kms in 10 months- handles speedbreakers and potholes with ease. The 110 PS engine is a bit too noisy for my liking.
epijay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2015, 21:03   #5201
BHPian

Visited Parambikkulam tiger reserve last weekend. Driven the Duster extensively (around 100kms) inside the sanctuary through some of the worst possible roads and also did a bit of off-roading through unpaved roads.
The car performed amazingly well and did not face any issues. No under body hits or rattles during/after the trip. Most importantly, the passengers were very comfortable during the journey and did not face any tiredness/sickness. Kudos to Duster
DieselLover is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th November 2015, 18:24   #5202
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by artrocious View Post
Hi Folks

I just booked a Renault Duster 110PS Explore Edition at Renault Mt. Road, Chennai with booking amount of 5
Hi,
Few things like road safety etc are absurd charges.
But you should have bargained hard, in my case they waved off insurance that too Zero dept. Mine is 85ps RXL Diesel 2015 model and it costs me 11.20 + 2k (bribe to RTO for choice number) on road.
You can also ask for free extended warranty which will save you additional 10k. But now i doubt they will entertain your demands as you have already booked your car.
And i will suggest let them do the RTO thing until unless you are looking for choice number.
divyankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th November 2015, 19:11   #5203
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Folks

I just booked a Renault Duster 110PS Explore Edition at Renault Mt. Road, Chennai with booking amount of 50K. Delivery due on 25/11.
Congratulations! I had my Lodgy delivered through them.

Quote:
1) GEAR ROD JERK ISSUE: I test drove the "2015 updated" Duster 110PS RXZ and 85PS RXZ. I found the car fantastic to drive and good handling/suspension. My ONLY concern was every time I am at a LOW RPM (1200 maybe) on any gear and applied/release the throttleI felt a jerk on the GEAR ROD (as in stop go traffic/highway acceleration but dodging traffic). This is NOT a jerk on the vehicle/engine, this jerk is on the gear knob and could be distinctly felt on my palm placed on the rod every time I apply OR release throttle at a low RPM as in the torque engaging/diengaging. At higher RPMs this fades away (maybe after turbo engaged?), just smooth shifts. I felt the same on both 85 and 110 and highlighted it to the demo guys but they just shushed it off telling, "this is a demo vehicle saaarr".
The demo vehicle had 360Kms on the ODO, TC board and spanking new.
Is this a common occurrence with all dusters or is there an issue on the production model? Should I be concerned on my new booking? Owners, thoughts please!!
I do drive a Lodgy but given that the mechanicals are almost identical I can tell you that I've felt the gear lever movement exactly as you mention on my Lodgy. But a couple of thousand kilometres later, it has disappeared. I'm around the 12k mark now and I don't feel that mild jolt on the gear lever anymore.

Quote:
But considering he is giving me around 10K worth of accessories like mud flaps, 3M coating etc. should i go to RTO myself or is it not worth the hassle in this case. (I am hoping I can save some money here and get a "choice" number for that money). So what amount of BS am I looking at?
They won't let you take the car to the RTO on your own as it's against the law in TN. The owner cannot drive the car with TC plates on them and only the authorised dealer is allowed to do so. If you're interested in a fancy number, you need to be at the RTO on the same day the vehicle goes for registration. Again, it's the dealer's driver who'll bring your vehicle for RTO process.
swiftdiesel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th November 2015, 19:22   #5204
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftdiesel View Post
I do drive a Lodgy but given that the mechanicals are almost identical I can tell you that I've felt the gear lever movement exactly as you mention on my Lodgy. But a couple of thousand kilometres later, it has disappeared. I'm around the 12k mark now and I don't feel that mild jolt on the gear lever anymore.
Thank you for the reply. I felt it on the Lodgy too!
Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftdiesel View Post
They won't let you take the car to the RTO on your own as it's against the law in TN. The owner cannot drive the car with TC plates on them and only the authorised dealer is allowed to do so. If you're interested in a fancy number, you need to be at the RTO on the same day the vehicle goes for registration. Again, it's the dealer's driver who'll bring your vehicle for RTO process.
Yup, I would have to put it on TEMP regn. for which they want to charge 10,000 when in reality it should be around 2% of LTT i.e around 3.4K plus Rs.40
But is it worth the hassle?
artrocious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th November 2015, 22:18   #5205
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thank you for the reply. I felt it on the Lodgy too!

Yup, I would have to put it on TEMP regn. for which they want to charge 10,000 when in reality it should be around 2% of LTT i.e around 3.4K plus Rs.40
But is it worth the hassle?
I don't think its worth the hassle. I would suggest you just let them finish off with the formalities. Also, they would give your car a good wash and a polish and have it spanking clean for delivery. The RTO office is a mess usually and these guys are better off at doing this job since they are there nearly everyday and everything goes like clockwork. I know it's hard to let someone drive our brand new baby but yeah, it's an unavoidable ritual.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks