Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd August 2015, 22:39   #5041
BHPian

Re: Renault Duster : Official Review

Got the advanced paint sealant program done from 3m Banasawadi. This had to be done as I currently don't have a parking space for the car and I have to park it outside. Impressed with the result and the workmanship was up to the mark.

Renault Duster : Official Review-image.jpg

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 5th August 2015 at 08:50. Reason: Rotating image and uploading.
soumen.blore is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2015, 00:14   #5042
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by soumen.blore View Post
Got the advanced paint sealant program done from 3m Banasawadi. This had to be done as I currently don't have a parking space for the car and I have to park it outside. Impressed with the result and the workmanship was up to the mark.
Great soumen. .. I am also planning for the same..can you please share the pricing...
Old 3rd August 2015, 00:31   #5043
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by divyankar View Post
Great soumen. .. I am also planning for the same..can you please share the pricing...
It cost me 7k . There is the essential program which is 5k but went for the advanced one to get rid of the swirl marks.
Old 5th August 2015, 08:19   #5044
BHPian

Just finished a 1350kms West coast to East coast trip. Mumbai to Chennai.

Fantastic roads (except the last 80kms, which was more like a patchwork quilt). To be more precise, I saw it like that. Barely felt it inside the duster..

Took me a little over 21hrs of driving , over two days, each and every moment of bliss. Stuck to around 100-110kmph @2200-2400rpm, only on empty highways.

More details in a few days..
Attached Thumbnails
Renault Duster : Official Review-screen-shot-20150805-8.04.00-am.jpg  

Shanmd is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th August 2015, 10:02   #5045
Distinguished - BHPian

August offers out. Nothing radical, they need to do MORE!

https://www.renault.co.in/Offers/renault-duster.html

10 Lucky winners selected by Renault India panel will qualify for a trip to South Africa and 20 lucky winners will qualify for a trip to Gir National park in India after booking and taking delivery of the car. Detailed terms and conditions regarding the offer are available here.

Below mentioned offers are available in NCR, Haryana, Rajasthan, UP, Uttarakhand, Maharashtra, Goa, Chattisgarh, Gujarat, MP, Karnataka, TN, AP, Telangana, West Bengal (Kolkata), Bihar, Jharkhand, HP, Orissa (Bhubneshwar), Assam (Guwhati).
•Benefits upto Rs. 51,000'

'Benefits upto 51,000 include Rs. 30,000 Discount + Rs. 15,000 Exchange / Loyalty Bonus + Rs. 6,000 Corporate bonus.
•Diesel Range Special Price Starts from 8.96 Lacs.*

*Price mentioned above is for Duster RxE 85 PS - Ex. Showroom Delhi as a special limited period offer.Corporate/PSU scheme is applicable for Renault approved list of corporate and PSUs Either one of Loyalty Bonus OR Exchange Bonus can be availed. Both cannot be availed togehter. Loyalty Bonus appicable for self and family members namely Parents, Spouse, Siblings, and Children.Test drive and win exciting prices.
•Test drive and win exciting prices**

**Test Drive gifts will vary across showrooms and are at the sole discretion of the dealer.
Old 6th August 2015, 07:48   #5046
BHPian

The vehicle will not be used for 2 weeks, will there be any issue in starting the vehicle after 2 weeks. Also can the hand brake be used during that 2 weeks time.
TIA
Old 6th August 2015, 09:20   #5047
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by couswheels View Post
The vehicle will not be used for 2 weeks, will there be any issue in starting the vehicle after 2 weeks. Also can the hand brake be used during that 2 weeks time.
TIA
2 weeks is nothing. Avoid handbrake use if possible.
Old 6th August 2015, 10:04   #5048
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
2 weeks is nothing. Avoid handbrake use if possible.
What's with the hand Brake? I could not understand the context the answer was given as well as the question asked? Could you elaborate?
Old 6th August 2015, 10:34   #5049
Distinguished - BHPian

couswheels asked (post#5046) whether it's okay to leave his Duster for 2 weeks plus any issue is the handbrake is engaged during this time.

My answers were:

Firstly, leaving a modern vehicle like the Duster unattended for 2 weeks is no issue at all. I have left my 2000 model Tata Indica petrol unattended for up to 2 months at a time and it always used to start in one go.

Secondly, handbrake use, i.e. keeping it engaged for lengthy periods of time is not recommended especially for certain cars like the Polo and the Cruze. The drum/discs tend to 'stick' together causing 'locked' brakes. In many cases, Polo owners have been unable to even move their cars and been forced to call the roadside assistance team.
itwasntme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2015, 11:33   #5050
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Secondly, handbrake use, i.e. keeping it engaged for lengthy periods of time is not recommended especially for certain cars like the Polo and the Cruze. The drum/discs tend to 'stick' together causing 'locked' brakes. In many cases, Polo owners have been unable to even move their cars and been forced to call the roadside assistance team.
Thank you for the elaboration. So what's the alternative to keep the car from rolling off during extended parking?

Using the old school method of putting stones in front of tyres?
Old 6th August 2015, 11:50   #5051
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbaddy View Post
Thank you for the elaboration. So what's the alternative to keep the car from rolling off during extended parking?

Using the old school method of putting stones in front of tyres?
The handbrake/parking brake getting stuck is a real issue - have faced it in my Santro a couple of times. In my Verna this is even worse, even a two day parking in the monsoon season gets the rotors stuck - makes a 'thuck' noise when moving the vehicle from standstill.

As for the solution, you can just leave the vehicle slotted in gear. That should be enough.
Rodie09 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2015, 05:37   #5052
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by soumen.blore View Post
It cost me 7k . There is the essential program which is 5k but went for the advanced one to get rid of the swirl marks.
I can also see swirl marks on my duster. Its just 3 months old.
I am not sure whats causing them. Is there any other way to get rid of swirl marks other than 3M treatment? I mean cheaper way.
Old 7th August 2015, 08:18   #5053
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I am not sure whats causing them. Is there any other way to get rid of swirl marks other than 3M treatment? I mean cheaper way.

Not sure if this can be discussed on this thread. However if the swirl marks are in plenty, would advise you to get the 3M treatment done before it's too late and then follow
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=164767
Old 7th August 2015, 11:42   #5054
BHPian

Quote:
You can get it done once to get rid of them and then maintain it yourself and if you can then avoid getting the car washed by your apartment security guard and if you wash it in your own then use microfibre cloth and avoid circular motions while cleaning .

Paint sealant is fine once every 6-8 months to maintain the shine you can get the UV treatment from 3m done which would cost 1.5k once in 3 months . And there is a dedicated thread which has all the information to maintain the car on your own . Hope this helps
soumen.blore is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2015, 11:46   #5055
BHPian

Hi All

I have couple of questions

1. What is ideal pressure to maintain , currently running with 32psi and find the ride a little bit bumpy .

2.My car is due for free checkup next week , what are the things I should be checking

Cheers
Soumen

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks