Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd June 2015, 10:45   #4966
BHPian

Re: Renault Duster : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by divyankar View Post
Okay..
I felt that stock bulbs are inadequate so I upgraded low beams to HIDs, but after yesterday's drive in heavy rain I feel that I need to upgrade high beam as well.
Also according to me wind noise and door thud has been drastically improved in 2015 Model. What’s your take on this?
I have never driven the pre 2015 model duster so won't be able to compare .
Although the door feels sturdy but compared to a vento (the other car I had in my mind ) feels flimsy .

About the stock bulb upgrade which one you are using and are those easy to install .
Old 23rd June 2015, 20:16   #4967
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by soumen.blore View Post
I have never driven the pre 2015 model duster so won't be able to compare .
Although the door feels sturdy but compared to a vento (the other car I had in my mind ) feels flimsy .

About the stock bulb upgrade which one you are using and are those easy to install .
I have upgraded my low beam with xenon, don't remember the brand but it has a year long warranty. It costs me around 7000 INR but I will suggest you to go for philips HIDs.
You can also opt Philips X-treme Vision +130% for both low beams and high beams. It is much cheaper than HIDs and equally effective.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xjosephjacob View Post
Yes there is an overall improvement in the NVH due to better sound insulating materials used, but nothing drastic . For example, check the sound insulating material used inside the fenders through the gap when you open front door next time, they're different for AWD (from 2014) and 2015 (2wd) models. The wind noise however stays the same. The better sounding door thud probably comes from a tighter door lock/latch system. The quality of metal remains the same.
Ohh is the wind noise same..
I still have to check that, not able to go for a highway ride.
Although last weekend I drove down to lonavla but it was raining soo heavily that there already was so much noise.
Did you plan any mods for your duster?

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 28th June 2015 at 20:49. Reason: Back-to-back posts merged Please edit your post within the 30 min edit window to add to/edit your posts.
divyankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2015, 12:05   #4968
BHPian

Prashant Kamat in our Renault Duster Owners India FB Group has upgraded the Stock with Osram H3 55W 12V for Low Beam and Osram H7 55W 12V for High Beam.

Total Cost is around 3.5K for all 4. Available via Amazon and Snapdeal
As mentioned by the Prashant, he is pretty satisfied of the outcome.

So you may consider the same as it goes in place of the stock bulbs without any other modification.
Old 24th June 2015, 17:19   #4969
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by soumobakshi View Post
Prashant Kamat in our Renault Duster Owners India FB Group has upgraded the Stock with Osram H3 55W 12V for Low Beam and Osram H7 55W 12V for High Beam.

So you may consider the same as it goes in place of the stock bulbs without any other modification.
Thinking of adding Philips xtremevision h4 as low beam and Osram H7 Night Breaker Unlimited as high beam replacements . Can you please let me know
If they are a good choice considering they come up to 3500 in total . Getting them through Amazon and will they affect the warranty .
Old 24th June 2015, 20:01   #4970
BHPian

Hello,
Does the current Duster (85 bhp and 110bhp) get the refreshed meters and steering wheel found in the AWD Duster?
Old 24th June 2015, 20:32   #4971
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puffdamgcdragon View Post
Hello,
Does the current Duster (85 bhp and 110bhp) get the refreshed meters and steering wheel found in the AWD Duster?
yes, meters have been refreshed but controls on steering is still not there in 85 PS RXL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soumobakshi View Post

Hi Soumo,
The low beam for duster 2015 is H7, so can we fit H3 in to it?
please advise.

Quote:
Thinking of adding Philips xtremevision h4 as low beam and Osram H7 Night Breaker Unlimited as high beam replacements . Can you please let me know
If they are a good choice considering they come up to 3500 in total . Getting them through Amazon and will they affect the warranty .
Hi Soumen,
You can not fit H4 in low beams. H4 is both low and high beam in one bulb.
Stock for low beams is Osram H7 please double check it once you order online.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 28th June 2015 at 20:50. Reason: Back-to-back posts merged Please edit your post within the 30 min edit window to add to/edit your posts.
divyankar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th June 2015, 01:08   #4972
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Soumen,
You can not fit H4 in low beams. H4 is both low and high beam in one bulb.
Stock for low beams is Osram H7 please double check it once you order online.
What is the safest option for low beam then .I am finding lot of negative reviews about Osram night breaker .Checked with renault dealer about the bulbs upgrade - he suggested osram night breaker h1 for low beam and h7 for high and gave a quote of 6k for both . I am thinking of changing only the low beam as of now .
Old 25th June 2015, 21:53   #4973
BHPian

Quote:
What is the safest option for low beam then .I am finding lot of negative reviews about Osram night breaker .Checked with renault dealer about the bulbs upgrade - he suggested osram night breaker h1 for low beam and h7 for high and gave a quote of 6k for both . I am thinking of changing only the low beam as of now .
I have also heard same thing about osram nb, that's why I am more inclined towards philips.
Both H1 and H7 will cost you around 4k.
And low beam is H7 and high is H1.
You can also try powerbulbs.com for your purchase.
divyankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2015, 22:56   #4974
BHPian

Quote:
I have also heard same thing about osram nb, that's why I am more inclined towards philips.
Both H1 and H7 will cost you around 4k.
And low beam is H7 and high is H1.
You can also try powerbulbs.com for your purchase.
When you say h1 / h7 Philips - is it xtremevision or diamondvision .
I have got a quote of 2400 for 4 diamond vision bulbs .
Will try to get a quote for the xtremevision ones . This I am getting from an authorised dealer from my hometown Orissa
Old 26th June 2015, 18:43   #4975
BHPian

Quote:
When you say h1 / h7 Philips - is it xtremevision or diamondvision .
I have got a quote of 2400 for 4 diamond vision bulbs .
Will try to get a quote for the xtremevision ones . This I am getting from an authorised dealer from my hometown Orissa
Hi Soumen,
My bad the high beam for duster is H3, still you double check it from your end.
And which ever bulb you choose just make sure that it should be below 3500k, for better visibility.
And there is a 25% discount on powerbulbs.com you can compare prices there as well.

Note: I am not affiliated to powerbulbs.
Old 28th June 2015, 20:26   #4976
BHPian

Returned from 1100 km road trip. This is the first long drive post Code6 remap. Here are my observations:

1. Excellent mid range and top end. The running out of power feel in the stock 85ps at around 110kmph is gone now.
2. No turbo lag - better than stock inside city.
3. No change in FE. Got an overall FE of 19.2 for the entire trip. I was consistently doing 100-110 on the 4 lane roads with few high speed over takings.

Overall I am satisfied with the remap.

Last edited by DieselLover : 28th June 2015 at 20:28. Reason: spelling check
DieselLover is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2015, 20:47   #4977
Team-BHP Support

Any member from Kerala doing Bihar/Jharkhand yesterday? Spotted a silver colored KL registered Duster yesterday.
Old 28th June 2015, 20:49   #4978
BHPian

Reposting here to get some response

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/showpost.php?p=3741027
Old 29th June 2015, 11:53   #4979
BHPian

Back from a Bangalore - vellore - chennai - Bangalore trip . Impressed with the driving and handling of the car absolute breeze to drive . Very comfortable for the whole family . Maintained a speed 80-90 on the highways as the car is still in run in period . Overall mileage achieved is 19 with 100% a/c on .

Bad thing low beam insufficient for night driving and getting used to the light stalk .

Quote:
Hi Soumen,
My bad the high beam for duster is H3, still you double check it from your end.
And which ever bulb you choose just make sure that it should be below 3500k, for better visibility.
And there is a 25% discount on powerbulbs.com you can compare prices there as well.

Note: I am not affiliated to powerbulbs.
I have got myself Philips white vision h7 for the low beam will fit them asap as the low beam was really useless during my recent night highway drive . Went through the manual and remember seeing the high beam as h1 will double check that when getting the low beam fixed . I plan to order the xtremevision from powerbulbs once I know the exact fit

Moderator's Note: Do not make back to back posts. Use the Multiquote option to respond to multiple people.

All the back to back posts have been merged.

Last edited by Zappo : 29th June 2015 at 17:06. Reason: Back to back posts edited
Old 29th June 2015, 14:05   #4980
BHPian

I had been to Unique Renault , Kolhapur to get my running board replaced and came across this nice duster modification. The dealers do it themselves and the SA said that they are generally doing this to the 2012 vehicles, for owners who want something new.
They have packages for the same and have brochure too, have scanned the same. I loved the matt paint texture and the alloys and wheels. Would love to plan something like this on my duster 8 years down the line.

P.S.- I have no affiliation with Unique Renault. Actually i thought they were thugs! They told me that the top piece of the running board was Rs 1800/- on the phone. After i went there and it was fixed they told that they had goofed up and actually it was Rs 4000/-. They asked for 2% extra card charges! (Who charges extra for card these days?) and when i enquired about the same in Trident Renault Bangalore they told me that the part was Rs 2000/- for unpainted and Rs 4000/- for Silver painted one! Needless to say they literally robbed me of Rs 2k/- in broad daylight. I'm not based in Kolhapur these days and don't have time to take this up with either them or Renault. But I've decided that my car is never going there for service again.
Attached Thumbnails
Renault Duster : Official Review-20150506_095933.jpg  

Renault Duster : Official Review-20150506_095946.jpg  

Renault Duster : Official Review-20150506_100010.jpg  

Renault Duster : Official Review-duster-04.jpg  

Renault Duster : Official Review-duster-01.jpg  

Renault Duster : Official Review-duster-03.jpg  

Renault Duster : Official Review-duster-02.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks