Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th July 2014, 20:13   #4216
BHPian

Re: Renault Duster : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepeshh View Post
Could someone clarify the following doubt of mine.

The MID shows distance to empty while the last block on the fuel gauge is on display. Once the last block vanishes the distance to empty becomes just dotted lines and no Km displayed. This makes it practically impossible to calculate mileage from the MID's perspective. This could definitely be a safety measure so that the driver doesn't get stranded for lack of fuel.

What I mean is for instance, if the last block is displayed in the fuel gauge and the distance to empty is displayed as 100 Km, thereafter just by running another 10-15 odd km, the last block vanishes and you are not able to see any Km to empty figure.

Does anyone know approximately how much liters of diesel will be left once the low fuel symbol arrives?
Around 8 Liters ! Actually there is a way to check exact same amount of fuel remaining.This was shown to me by sales adviser at the time of delivery.He also advised me not to use it as if I accidently set something wrong ,things may go wrong .
I forgot the exact steps,it was something like after switching on ignition switch ,press the knob near speedo dial ,twice or thrice! He said its a service code.
Old 16th July 2014, 20:17   #4217
BHPian

Hi sridhu,
I also was looking for that.But renault India is offering the one I bought with two sided sticker type.You may try that as its of very good quality and comes with detailed instruction manual for perfect fitment .
Attached Thumbnails
Renault Duster : Official Review-dsc_00142.jpg  

Last edited by anilntny : 16th July 2014 at 20:18.
Old 16th July 2014, 20:50   #4218
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xjosephjacob View Post
I see a lot of discussions going on here over wind deflectors or rather door visors. I got them (Genuine, that's what the dealership says) installed from the dealership itself when I bought the car. Been living with it for like 15,000 km. Purpose was not to cut out the wind noise; I sometimes love to drive with windows slightly open when it rains.

In my opinion visors doesn't bring any noticeable improvement in the acoustics. Well I don't quite remember how bad is Duster's wind noise without visors, but I can say that with visors on I'm thoroughly unhappy with the wind noise in my car especially at high speeds. I might take them off after the Monsoon.

Needless to say, any foreign objects stuck on the exterior of the car affects the aerodynamics and amplifies turbulence. Do note that Visors thickens the A pillar, and adversely affect the visibility.

That said, I don't know how good the latest visors are, however I would think twice before investing on visors again.

I think if we go by logic,wind deflector might be helpful.Airflow/ wind hitting the side glass might be the reason for wind noise inside cabin.Wind deflectors are said to be useful in decreasing the wind turbulence especially with glass down.So even with glass rolled up it might helping in deflecting the wind away from glass .So it might be useful.

In my personal experience,with wind deflectors applied the wind noise is tolerable.

Found some interesting articles http://www.independent.co.ug/society...wind-deflector

Last edited by anilntny : 16th July 2014 at 20:57.
Old 17th July 2014, 13:00   #4219
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys any latest update on the Duster facelift launch date ?
Old 17th July 2014, 14:30   #4220
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilntny View Post
I think if we go by logic.. Airflow/ wind hitting the side glass might be the reason for wind noise inside cabin. Wind deflectors.. useful in decreasing the wind turbulence especially with glass down.So even with glass rolled up it might helping in deflecting the wind away from glass..

In my personal experience,with wind deflectors applied the wind noise is tolerable.

Found some interesting articles..
I disagree with you; Anything you add to the exterior is only going to amplify the wind noise. The car manufacturers invest millions in wind tunnels sorting out the aerodynamics and minimizing the noise. Whichever way you look at it, these visors alter the path of the airflow and provides more resistance.

Just take a look at the Dusters door beading's after a long drive through a dusty environment and you'll notice that the dust particles only just stops short of entering the cabin- the vehicle screams I'm fitted with poor (and insufficient) weatherstrips. . The wind noise is a byproduct of many design elements, not just the door or glass. Duster simply isn't well equipped to filter it out, something that's totally unacceptable in an overpriced million rupee car.

I'm glad that Nissan has done something in the right direction by equipping the Terrano with additional weatherstrips on the door.
xjosephjacob is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2014, 15:00   #4221

Quote:
The wind noise is a byproduct of many design elements, not just the door or glass. Duster simply isn't well equipped to filter it out, ...
Is there no solution at all to fix this wind noise?
Sometimes I find it really annoying at higher speeds.
Old 17th July 2014, 15:33   #4222
BHPian

From my understanding the wind noise is due to the design of the doors and the door seal. Till the door seal from the door shell there is a big empty space, all might have observed where the dust get accumulated, which makes the wind noise so amplified. I had an instance, which makes me think this as the reason, where I didnt close the door properly (half locked) and driven ~50mts and noticed it due to the unusual wind noise. I think its in the design itself and we have to live with that.

But its for sure that any extra fitting will only increase the sound or @Anilntny, can you check whether the rain shield is somehow covering the gap b/n the door and the frame, if so, that may be the reason for reduced noise, if any.

Edit: @xjosephjacob, is also pointing to the same reason.

Last edited by ::CMS:: : 17th July 2014 at 15:37.
Old 17th July 2014, 15:58   #4223
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagendra_11 View Post
Is there no solution at all to fix this wind noise?
Sometimes I find it really annoying at higher speeds.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ::CMS:: View Post
From my understanding the wind noise is due to the design of the doors and the door seal.
Quote:
Duster simply isn't well equipped to filter it out, something that's totally unacceptable in an overpriced million rupee car.
Not related to Duster, but sharing a similar issue. I have a Palio and it was super quite for a very long time. Then recently I started getting wind noise at high speeds. After a long research I found the culprit - a disintegrated "anti wind noise rubber strip" that filled the gap between the front and rear door frame, in the "B-pillar". Shown in the picture below as "Anti noise gasket". It is stuck to the back side of the rear door "B-pillar" frame and extends to close the gap.
Renault Duster : Official Review-door_seals_rear_right_palio.jpg

Some of you could experiment by closing the "B-piller" gap with a masking tape and taking a ride. (need help from someone standing outside)

Last edited by bejoy : 17th July 2014 at 15:59.
bejoy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th July 2014, 17:51   #4224
BHPian

Failure of Mod Clutch Pedal - 109 ps Duster

ALERT FOR 110 Duster owners with mod clutch pedals
I just had a failure of the modified clutch pedal in my 110 Duster. Facts as under:-
  • Its a year 2012 110 model. Done just about 14,000 km.
  • Absolutely no issues with the clutch till now. Flawless except for the somewhat heavier pedal force.
  • The clutch pedal pedal was changed four days ago at Renault Whitefield to the new modified pedal with helper spring to reduce pedal force.
  • It worked okay for the past 4 days - I must have driven about 50 km in the past four days.
  • When I pressed the clutch pedal today prior to starting the vehicle, I heard a distinct 'Thak' sound and the pedal stayed depressed to the floor.
  • I can pull the pedal up with my finger, however it then depresses back to the floor.
  • I understand the 110 Duster has a combined reservoir for the brake & clutch. The clutch itself is hydraulic with a slave & a master cylinder.
  • The symptoms seem to be some sort of failure / improper fitment of the clutch pedal. Does not seem to be any failure of the slave cylinder (which usually manifests gradually).
  • Did not start the vehicle. Called the folks at Renault Whitefield to look it up.
  • Will keep you all updated on the findings & rectification - tomorrow.
  • Explanatory pics attached.
Attached Thumbnails
Renault Duster : Official Review-20140717_155627r.jpg  

Renault Duster : Official Review-20140717_155706-r.jpg  

Rigid Rotor is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th July 2014, 13:30   #4225
BHPian

Re: Mod Clutch Pedal Failure

Refer my post below.
The mechanic came from Renault Whitefield and traced the problem to incorrect fitment of the clutch pedal assembly itself, by the previous mechanic.
He re-installed it within 30 min.
He stated that there are two attachment clip points on the firewall within the engine bay area, where a portion of the assembly is affixed. One of the clip points had not been inserted by the mechanic.
Its providence the pedal assembly came loose in benign circumstances (in my office parking shed) and not in the middle of rush-hour or during a long distance drive.
Also, its a bit of a relief that there was no failure of any component.
I am taking the matter up further with the work supervisor.
Rigid Rotor is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th July 2014, 13:54   #4226
BHPian

Thanks Rigid Rotor! I get my Duster serviced at the same place and so will be more alert.

Cheers
Old 18th July 2014, 15:16   #4227
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rigid Rotor View Post
I just had a failure of the modified clutch pedal in my 110 Duster. Facts as under:-
Do you see a noticable improvement reduced effort with the new clutch pedal assembly?
Old 18th July 2014, 20:08   #4228
BHPian

Saw a RxE adventure edition with dealer ,the colour is green.But it looks woodland brown in picture.May be it was because of poor lighting.

See the decals on B and D pillars.Also head light is smoked.

No alloys ,No claddings or front armour.

But interior has lime green treatment.Its no way close to RxZ adventure edition.
Attached Thumbnails
Renault Duster : Official Review-dsc_0053.jpg  

Last edited by anilntny : 18th July 2014 at 20:10.
Old 18th July 2014, 21:59   #4229
BHPian

Folks, this is one of those last minute question, after a lot of back and forth, I was planning to buy the 85 PS in a few months. The impending launch of the Mobilio is now an additional factor I need to consider.

I had zeroed in on the Duster primarily for its ride quality. Has anyone here driven the Mobilio and if they have how does to compare to the Duster in ride quality, especially on bumpy roads, and handling? Any other comparison would also help.

At some stage I will need to go myself to a Honda showroom, obviously, but thanks in advance.
Old 19th July 2014, 14:14   #4230
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by C'estlavie View Post
Folks, this is one of those last minute question, after a lot of back and forth, I was planning to buy the 85 PS in a few months. The impending launch of the Mobilio is now an additional factor I need to consider.

I had zeroed in on the Duster primarily for its ride quality. Has anyone here driven the Mobilio and if they have how does to compare to the Duster in ride quality, especially on bumpy roads, and handling? Any other comparison would also help.

At some stage I will need to go myself to a Honda showroom, obviously, but thanks in advance.
Both are entirely different vehicles . Honda mobilio is a mpv,where as duster is a mini suv.
They are not comparable in any aspect.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks