Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th October 2015, 09:08   #5176
BHPian

Re: Renault Duster : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
The AWD variant takes the Duster to ~15L OTR, don't think the AT will be cheaper. AT + AWD combo might take the Duster to ~17L OTR at few places.
It's already at 17 otr in Bangalore for the top end . When I got my car 3-4 months back I was told only top end is available which was way out of budget . At+Awd combo to price it competitively they might introduce the rxl+ model again apart from rxz .
Old 13th October 2015, 09:15   #5177
Team-BHP Support

I still think the AT option will only make it to the non-AWD versions. Renault may not launch it with the AWD variant. The reason primarily arising from the fact most urban users will queue up for AT version, and who may not look at AWD option.
Old 13th October 2015, 10:22   #5178

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
The AWD variant takes the Duster to ~15L OTR, don't think the AT will be cheaper. AT + AWD combo might take the Duster to ~17L OTR at few places.
Renault India has more reasons to be happy with the Creta pricing. So, if Duster AT is positioned properly (12-13 lacs otr), then all the urban folks will be pretty excited. Need to wait and watch how Renault will cash this. There is less or no argument with Duster's ride quality compared to any SUV in its price range and even with Creta or XUV500 which are pricier than Duster. Waiting eagerly for Duster facelift + AT. I too don't think AWD + AT is a proportion for urban. Even if they offer that combo, it cannot be the only option for AT.
Old 14th October 2015, 20:21   #5179
Distinguished - BHPian

The next-gen Renault Duster is scheduled to arrive in India sometime in 2018.

More importantly, it could come with a 7-seater option in a 5+2 seating arrangement.

Quote:
According to an earlier report, Renault has finalized the design direction of the next generation Duster.

The Renault Design Central Europe (RDCE) in Bucharest is working on the model with the support of Renault Technologie Roumanie.

According to reports, the next generation Duster could sport an extended wheelbase and offer seating for 7 occupants in a 5+2 fashion.
IAB
RavenAvi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2015, 12:55   #5180
BHPian

I already posted this info in our Duster AWD review. Sharing it here too for our fellow members' benefit.

There is one cause of concern though especially for initial owners of Duster. The High speed relay for Radiator/ AC fan is rated at 40 Amps and it is not sufficient for Indian conditions. All Renault service stations are informed to replace this relay with 70 Amps rating within warranty "should the relay fail". Unluckily for me, the relay started short circuiting and was found only at my 1 Lakh Kms service and I am poorer by Rs7500/-
Hence I request all our forum members to pressurise your service centers to replace the relay within warranty.
Neil Roy is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 15th October 2015, 13:02   #5181
BANNED

Neil,

Is there any communication from Renault on changing the Radiator/AC Relay to 70 Amps as I've not received any message from Trident Renault.

Mine if Duster AWD.
Old 15th October 2015, 13:31   #5182
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil Roy View Post
Unluckily for me, the relay started short circuiting and was found only at my 1 Lakh Kms service and I am poorer by Rs7500/-
Awesome to hear the 1L crossover point! Have not seen any major updates on your thread. Would be good see your expenses over the course of your ownership. I am at ~60K now, while some have already gone past.
Old 15th October 2015, 15:30   #5183
BHPian

Hello Neil and Ampere, nice to hear from you guys. We were the first few guys to own the Duster after its launch. You guys have continued enjoying the beautiful ride but I parted ways a week back. Sold my Duster as I was rarely using it. The only times it was put good use was during my Kolkata to Delhi road trips. Else, it was only the Thar. Congratulations to Neil for completing 1Lakh kilometres on the Duster.

Last edited by himadrimondal : 15th October 2015 at 15:32.
himadrimondal is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th October 2015, 01:20   #5184
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil Roy View Post
I already posted this info in our Duster AWD review. Sharing it here too for our fellow members' benefit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Awesome to hear the 1L crossover point! Have not seen any major updates on your thread..
Quote:
Originally Posted by himadrimondal View Post
Hello Neil and Ampere, nice to hear from you guys. We were the first few guys to own the Duster after its launch..
And I'm one who have closely followed your posts before taking a purchase decision Himadri, your travelogues and pics were awesome.

That said, team there's a small update that Renault has given to the Duster. The new Dusters have 'full length' weatherstrips (or beadings) on the door frame (My AWD has only partial weatherstripping on the door frame). Though the implementation is far from perfect, it should work well and we can no more complain that Renault's has skimped on door weatherstrips.

This can be fitted directly on AWD/ New Dusters, but not on old Dusters.

Renault Duster : Official Review-20151015_104517.jpg
xjosephjacob is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 16th October 2015, 10:43   #5185
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xjosephjacob View Post
That said, team there's a small update that Renault has given to the Duster. The new Dusters have 'full length' weatherstrips (or beadings) on the door frame (My AWD has only partial weatherstripping on the door frame). Though the implementation is far from perfect, it should work well and we can no more complain that Renault's has skimped on door weatherstrips.

Attachment 1427850
Thanks for the update. Is it available as an accessory and have you fitted it on your AWD? Do share your experience.
Old 16th October 2015, 11:10   #5186
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by C300 View Post
Thanks for the update. Is it available as an accessory and have you fitted it on your AWD? Do share your experience.
It comes under parts. When I enquired, they said they don't have it in stock. Should be readily available in service centers in big cities.
xjosephjacob is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2015, 12:19   #5187
BHPian

Is it possible to paid iphone with the media nav for music? I am not able to do so with my iphone 6. My samsung S4 is pairing fine, but not the iphone. Could somebody who has experience revert.
Thanks in advance.
Old 23rd October 2015, 13:14   #5188
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xjosephjacob View Post
And I'm one who have closely followed your posts before taking a purchase decision Himadri, your travelogues and pics were awesome.

Attachment 1427850
Thanks Joseph for the kind words. Lovely DIY and I am sure it will be as good as the new ones. Duster has truly come a long way since the model it initially launched. There was no attention to small fine detail in the initial models. Neither did they spend any money on advertisements during or after launch, but we still ran to their showrooms to buy a logo(Renault) that was considered dead in India until the Duster arrived. I wish Renault could have shown some gratitude towards the old customers. Even surprising is the resale value of the car. Renault in Kolkata gave me a 6L exchange offer where as Mahindra game me 7L straight away plus the exchange bonus. Hence I booked a S10 4WD scorpio.
Old 23rd October 2015, 13:53   #5189
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepeshh View Post
Is it possible to paid iphone with the media nav for music? I am not able to do so with my iphone 6. My samsung S4 is pairing fine, but not the iphone. Could somebody who has experience revert.
Thanks in advance.
Works fine with my Iphone 5S. I did not experience any difficulties in pairing.
reverse_gear is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2015, 19:08   #5190
Senior - BHPian

I took a test drive of the Duster yesterday (22nd oct). Firstly, I need to mention that the SA at Renault, Baner, Pune was extremely friendly and knowledgeable person. We took two very long test drives. He also took us to a horrible patch of road and suggested us to get the feel of Duster's real character.

I am mighty impressed with the vehicle. But I am also quite disappointed with the kind of feature list given at 12 lakhs on-road price point. If not anything else, the RXL variant should have at least had ABS+EBD and two airbags as standard. Just to get the basic safety features, I will have to stretch my budget by another 2 lakhs.

Let us see how things go, but just because of this one sore point, I will have to let Duster go out of my list. But nevertheless, a fabulous product !!!
ajay_satpute is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks