Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th January 2019, 09:36   #5926
BHPian

Re: Renault Duster : Official Review

Off late I am noticing some whistling noise while braking. This particular noise is not there all the time. It only comes during the first 10 mins of the drive in morning. After a few kms, the sound vanishes and everything is back to normal.

Is anyone else facing any such noise issue from brakes?

By the way, this is for my Jun 2017 RXZ model which has done 18500 kms.
Old 19th January 2019, 19:38   #5927
BANNED

AWD of mine has done 37000 KMs. I have upgraded the engine oil with Wurth 5 W 40 fully synthetic instead of ELF. I bought the spares from JC road and oil from Wurth company representative directly. Replaced air filter and diesel filter at my premises itself, as last time I was taken for a ride at authorised stealership. After replacing oil I have done 1200 KMS I don't see any significant changes in the performance or mileage.
I would like to know any one has replaced ELF with pure synthetic and performance of the vehicle after upgradation.
Old 22nd January 2019, 22:37   #5928
BHPian

Renault Duster 2012 RXZ cost of ownership

The Renault Duster is a brilliant product with a fantastic engine, gearbox and suspension. There is often talk about its frugal mileage and therefore the low running cost. The long term cost of ownership is a nightmare due to exorbitant cost of parts. Magazines and websites publish the clutch cost of the 80ps model as 15k approx. The 110ps model is prone to hydraulic failure and shuddering at around 75k kilometers and that replacement costs ₹65000/-!! My cooling fan failed and that cost ₹22000/-. The AC coil failed and that cost ₹10k. The shock absorbers leaked and each wheel cost around ₹9k. The fuel pump failed recently and that cost ₹75000/-. My car has run only 95000km and in Chennai city going only to the best fuel stations. This is definitely not a cheap car to own. I must also express my frustration with the way dusters are marketed now at ₹7.99 lakh bata pricing. When I bought my car it was a premium SUV and I paid ₹14.3 lakhs for the top end model with the safety pack. Now it is equated with the 7.99 price tag and has a pathetic resale value. I was passionate about Renault - they had a technologically superior product line. Now it's the Quid and Captur without an automatic. They have unfortunately lost the plot in India being complacent with a once success story in the Duster.
noelravin is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2019, 18:24   #5929
BANNED

I would like to know, whether you carried out all the replacements at authorised service center. Cost of repairing at authorised service centers are very high when compared with local trusted garages.

For an oil change and filter replacement and 30 point check up (nothing was carried out) I was fleeced with a labor of 1800K. The activity was carried out in less than an hour, however to generate bill and release the vehicle took 2.5 hours at authorised service center last time. This forced me to carry out the activity by my self at a garage this time. Drawbacks are there I was provided with a diesel filter that was an old version at local spare parts retailer, I got the actual one (new version) from Bangalore JC road by showing photo of my filter which takes your time. However I feel its an investment that can reap benefits, subsequent maintenance can be done at lesser time as we know where to procure spare and how to get it replaced.

The cost of maintenance drastically comes down when we maintain in local garages, only drawback is our personal attention is required by spending our valuable time ensuring the work is carried out properly.

During yesterday trip, while returning from Chennai to my native, I crossed 38 K Kms, I observed reduced engine noise, hope that engine is getting settled with fully synthetic environment.
accentgiri is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th January 2019, 00:50   #5930
BHPian

Re: Renault Duster 2012 RXZ cost of ownership

Quote:
Originally Posted by noelravin View Post
The Renault Duster is a brilliant product with a fantastic engine, gearbox and suspension. There is often talk about its frugal mileage and therefore the low running cost. The long term cost of ownership is a nightmare.Now it is equated with the 7.99 price tag and has a pathetic resale valuer.
True on all the above points, but if you maintain it at a good FNG , running costs are very reasonable. I've had a fairly reliable run(touch wood) and my car is at 175k kms in 44 months of abuse. I love it but wanted to exchange as I see resale prices will plummet further once an all new duster model is launched. But the offers I'm getting I dropped the idea if selling it totally. About the car I can't be happier about it's performance and reliability. Top notch.
mh09ad5578 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th January 2019, 19:42   #5931

Hi All,
My Duster has done around 50K recently and I noticed that the gear shifting (especially in the first and 2nd gears) is getting difficult. Its beginning to give me aches in my shoulders.

Is there an serious problem that i need to be worried about?
Old 29th January 2019, 12:40   #5932
BHPian

Did you complete the 50K service? If not, ask Renault ASS to check it out during the service. In any case let them give their opinion about the problem, then you can take a call.
I have completed 52K on my AWD and have not faced this problem. It has been smooth driving for the last one year. Changed the battery recently to Amaron after the original Exide died on the road.
SajiNSalin is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th January 2019, 13:57   #5933
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SajiNSalin View Post
Did you complete the 50K service? If not, ask Renault ASS to check it out during the service. In any case let them give their opinion about the problem, then you can take a call.
I have completed 52K on my AWD and have not faced this problem. It has been smooth driving for the last one year. Changed the battery recently to Amaron after the original Exide died on the road.
Did you change the battery at ASS or outside? Any particular reason to go for Amaron. I have completed 51k and ASS advised to change the battery during 50k service.
Old 29th January 2019, 15:31   #5934
BHPian

C300, ASS offered an Exide battery, which I did not want. I had used Amaron earlier in my Maruti 800 and Dzire and was quite satisfied with this brand. I bought it from an Amaron Pitstop outlet.

The stock Exide battery lasted just 3 years and it failed suddenly without any warning that 2 cells were kaput. Usually there will be some starting trouble and dimming of lights to indicate that the battery needs replacement.
SajiNSalin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2019, 17:27   #5935
BHPian

Quote:
C300, ASS offered an Exide battery, which I did not want. I had used Amaron earlier in my Maruti 800 and Dzire and was quite satisfied with this brand. I bought it from an Amaron Pitstop outlet.

The stock Exide battery lasted just 3 years and it failed suddenly without any warning that 2 cells were kaput. Usually there will be some starting trouble and dimming of lights to indicate that the battery needs replacement.
Thanks. The stock exide is 3.5 yrs old now. I haven't noticed such issues. Will check with the Amaron dealer here.
Old 3rd February 2019, 17:35   #5936
Senior - BHPian

I was trying from a week to get an appointment in Bangalore for the 3rd free service of my Duster, the dates offered by ASS was not convenient for me. I tried to contact the dealer in Mysore; he too did not have a slot for Friday. I called up Trident Renault in Tumkur on Friday morning around 8:20am, luckily they asked me to come with the vehicle. I reached their place by 10:45am and vehicle was taken in for the service. The replacement of all filters and engine oil was completed before lunch and washing was carried out after lunch. I also got fitted couple a jump seat and wheel arch claddings during this time. Most of the guys have been transferred from Whitefield service center. These guys have ample time when compared to the people in Bangalore and work quality is very good. The total bill for service was Rs.8242 plus another 10k for the accessories.

The service center is located on Tumkur-Gubbi road behind SSIT, directions to this place is shared below,
https://www.google.com/maps/dir//ren...9RcwAHoECAEQCQ
Attached Thumbnails
Renault Duster : Official Review-img_0956.jpeg  

Renault Duster : Official Review-img_0957.jpeg  

Renault Duster : Official Review-img_0958.jpeg  

Renault Duster : Official Review-img_0963.jpeg  

Renault Duster : Official Review-img_0966.jpeg  

Renault Duster : Official Review-img_0968.jpeg  

Last edited by deehunk : 3rd February 2019 at 18:01.
deehunk is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2019, 17:59   #5937
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by deehunk View Post
wheel arch claddings during this time.10k for the accessories.
Wheel arch claddings, I am looking for my Duster, can you please share few photos and cost of claddings alone.
accentgiri is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2019, 18:05   #5938
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by accentgiri View Post
Wheel arch claddings, I am looking for my Duster, can you please share few photos and cost of claddings alone.
Last I checked locally in Bangalore, they mentioned it was a part of the overall cosmetic package. But I hope now they provide this as a separate part to the customer. Even I was interested then (I think this when the explorer edition was released).

Quote:
I was trying from a week to get an appointment in Bangalore for the 3rd free service of my Duster, the dates offered by ASS was not convenient for me. I tried to contact the dealer in Mysore; he too did not have a slot for Friday.
Quite surprised. I usually never had issues with dates here in Bangalore.

Last edited by ampere : 3rd February 2019 at 18:07.
Old 4th February 2019, 04:31   #5939
Senior - BHPian

I work from home on Friday, so try to get the service done on the same day. This makes it difficult for me to get a slot in Bangalore. I have shared the photo of my Duster with wheel arch claddings, it is now sold separately and costs you Rs.4400.
Attached Thumbnails
Renault Duster : Official Review-img_20190203_180820min.jpg  

deehunk is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th February 2019, 18:11   #5940

Quote:
Not Yet Saji, the service is due at 53k. Guess I will have to take it to the service station a little earlier.

Quote:
I work from home on Friday, so try to get the service done on the same day. This makes it difficult for me to get a slot in Bangalore. I have shared the photo of my Duster with wheel arch claddings, it is now sold separately and costs you Rs.4400.
Looks great! Are these cladding solid? I already have my right-rear arches scratched. Is it ok to put these claddings over the scratched portions? Thanks in advance!

Last edited by aah78 : 4th February 2019 at 18:26. Reason: Posts merged. Please use QUOTE+/MULTI-QUOTE when responding to multiple posts. Thanks!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks