Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th November 2018, 04:54   #5896
BHPian

Re: Renault Duster : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNayak View Post
I’ve a 2016 model Duster and off-late I see that gear gets stuck in 1st and need to put some additional force or continue in 1st gear a bit for the shift to happen to 2nd.
I had the same issue in my Verna and my clutch master cylinder went kaput after sometime. Infact, when it failed I used to put the car in second gear (in switched off postion)) and start the car and drive it as I could not change gears went to service station that way.
DWind is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2018, 19:43   #5897
BHPian

Hi All, My 2014 Duster AWD warranty is getting expired this month (2+2 years). Has anyone tried the Renault Anytime Warranty? It comes to 17k for two years. Is this worth it? I have done 36K kilometers and the car hasn't developed any issues till now. It is driving like a dream for now. I am worried that if it's waiting the warranty to get over
Old 22nd November 2018, 08:36   #5898
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swift View Post
I am worried that if it's waiting the warranty to get over
Any extended warranty should be taken as chances of things going kaput increases with time. The stress on components rises and few things have a shelf life. I myself got an year's extended warranty for 17K on my Scorpio 4WD and my Scorpio too has proven to be as reliable as Japs in its 4 years and 70,000 kms.
Sheel is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2018, 12:25   #5899
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swift View Post
Hi All, My 2014 Duster AWD warranty is getting expired this month (2+2 years). It is driving like a dream for now. I am worried that if it's waiting the warranty to get over
Please buy the extended warranty, you have driven very less in 4 years, but it does not guarantee any less service expenses in future.
deehunk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2018, 15:29   #5900
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deehunk View Post
Please buy the extended warranty, you have driven very less in 4 years, but it does not guarantee any less service expenses in future.
I went ahead and extended it today. It actually came to 18k for 1 year. That much for some peace of mind! The service adviser was not very keen on selling the warranty. He kept on saying that the vehicle would be fine if you do the maintenance on time etc. Not sure if it was a genuine concern or a clever business foresight.
Swift is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2018, 15:29   #5901
BHPian

BHPians, I got another problem, but this time with the My Renault India App.

The app was working fine, but when I logged after some days, the message popped up saying that my registered mobile number is changed to some other number. As the other number first 5 digits were masked I could not get whose number has this been updated to.

I called one of the service centers where I got my Dusty serviced (Renault Whitefield), but they confirmed that my number is same as previous one (my original number) and there is no change.

I tried uninstalling and installing the app, but it shows me the same message. Has anybody faced that issue?

Cheers!
Old 29th November 2018, 23:32   #5902
BHPian

Quote:
I’ve a 2016 model Duster and off-late I see that gear gets stuck in 1st and need to put some additional force or continue in 1st gear a bit for the shift to happen to 2nd.

Checked with SA in the last service and they told it would be resolved with service but the problem still persists. It’s very random and difficult to reproduce. Also I’ve a bit of shuddering effect in 1st gear and that also is random.

The car has run around 30k and mostly in Bangalore traffic.

Anybody faced the same issue and have pointer ?
30k is too less for clutch wear, gear getting stuck is either synchroniser ring or master clutch cylinder. If gear is stuck vehicle switched off then it's definately master clutch cylinder, I changed mine a few days back for 6.3k (rs 5.85k genuine Renault replacement part +Rs 500 labour) at my FNG.
Old 30th November 2018, 15:20   #5903
BHPian

Year-end discounts on Renault cars and SUVs

Quote:
Renault dealerships are officially offering significant benefits and discounts on the Kwid, Duster, Lodgy and Captur models.

Renault Kwid
Save up to Rs 40,000

Renault Duster
Save up to Rs 1.05 lakh
The rugged Duster now has even more value for money with dealers offering cash benefits of up to Rs 60,000, free insurance for the first year and an additional Rs 5,000 discount for corporate buyers. However, these benefits can only be availed on the more powerful 110hp diesel version of the Duster that comes with a either a 6-speed manual or a 6-speed AMT. The rival to the Maruti Suzuki S-cross and Nissan Terrano is also available with a 106hp, 1.5-litre petrol engine (with 5-speed manual and CVT options) and an 85hp, 1.5-litre diesel motor.

Renault Captur
Save up to Rs 2 lakh

Renault Lodgy
Save up to Rs 1.55 lakh
Source Autocar
Old 2nd December 2018, 10:43   #5904
Senior - BHPian

Hello, my AWD is finishing 4 years soon and has run only 29k. I went for the service yesterday and the SA was recommending me to go for the 5th year extended warranty (its called any time warranty?). Any warranty extension makes a lot of sense but whats covered and what isnt? He wasnt very forthcoming on this. Has anybody taken this?
thanks!
Old 2nd December 2018, 21:15   #5905
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mh09ad5578 View Post
30k is too less for clutch wear, gear getting stuck is either synchroniser ring or master clutch cylinder. If gear is stuck vehicle switched off then it's definately master clutch cylinder, I changed mine a few days back for 6.3k (rs 5.85k genuine Renault replacement part +Rs 500 labour) at my FNG.
I am also not very sure if this has to be clutch issue. The problem is it’s very random and I am not seeing the issue now . Drove last week in Bangalore in bumper to bumper traffic and never had this issue. But had the gear getting stuck to 1st gear two three times during a recent trip to Kerala. So I am planning to wait for some more time and if the issue persists, then will give Ito service centre.
SNayak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2018, 13:08   #5906
BHPian

Equus, it is advisable to go for the fifth year extended warranty. The big advantage is free roadside assistance and some of the parts are covered; however the clutch, shocks, glass items are not covered.
SajiNSalin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2018, 15:01   #5907
BHPian

My duster rear door lock knob at the bottom of the door keeps falling off leading to a door open warning and boot light being on all the time, Is there are way to permanently fix this?
Old 4th December 2018, 11:51   #5908
Tgo
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by werfish View Post
My duster rear door lock knob at the bottom of the door keeps falling off leading to a door open warning and boot light being on all the time, Is there are way to permanently fix this?
Can you please explain with the help of a picture. I had a problem with a stuck door latch which was solved quickly.
Old 4th December 2018, 12:01   #5909
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equus View Post
Hello, my AWD is finishing 4 years soon and has run only 29k. I went for the service yesterday and the SA was recommending me to go for the 5th year extended warranty (its called any time warranty?). Any warranty extension makes a lot of sense but whats covered and what isnt? He wasnt very forthcoming on this. Has anybody taken this?
thanks!
In your case it will be the Anytime Warranty that is only available on a per year basis (1 year or 20,000 KM) and can be renewed yearly upto 7 years or upto 1 Lac Kilometers , whichever is earlier. The warranty is transferable to a new owner on resale.

What is covered can be found here, while the prices can be found here.
DriveTrain is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2018, 21:14   #5910
BHPian

Quote:
So I am planning to wait for some more time and if the issue persists, then will give Ito service centre.
During a recent drive I again found the gear getting stuck in 1st. I have a trip planned during year end to Kerala so to be on safer side, I gave the car to Renault service centre in Silk Board. Initially they did some road test and said this might be the clutch issue because of shuddering and they need to open the gear box to confirm on the same.

I insisted them to check on the master slave cylinder or the synchroniser as this is common issue in 85PS duster. Today I got a call saying the clutch kit needs to be replaced. They have sent the pics as well of the clutch. I could see that there is some wear out on the surface as seen in the below picture. So looking at the pics, does it look like a clutch plate wear out and do I go ahead with replacing the same ?

Renault Duster : Official Review-48c11f6f0d6f4213874aaf23bcc5d88f.jpeg

Renault Duster : Official Review-2c59263eb22d458f815f8d6dbcf8f3d4.jpeg

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks