Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd June 2018, 21:32   #5836
Tgo
Senior - BHPian

Re: Renault Duster : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by psmenon View Post
I am taken, but would be a cautious decision since I am still in warranty.
Just make sure you're in the same city as the tuner so if you need to go for updates or issues its not a long journey. I think you should go for a customizable map rather than a fixed map. That way you can have the kind of driveability you need rather than acclimatizing to a pre-determined map.
Old 25th June 2018, 17:52   #5837
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tgo View Post
Just make sure you're in the same city as the tuner so if you need to go for updates or issues its not a long journey. I think you should go for a customizable map rather than a fixed map. That way you can have the kind of driveability you need rather than acclimatizing to a pre-determined map.
Thanks for the response Tgo, I am planning to go with petes(read: Head over wheels, Whitefield) so that I can run back to them if there is some issues with the remap/ car. I would surely check the feasibility of a customized map for duster.

Thanks.
Old 26th June 2018, 15:41   #5838
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repsol View Post
I remember the SA told me that you need to get that activated from the service center, and they charge for the same. But honestly, I don't even use that in-built navgation. GMaps is way better.
Thanks for this, and I have checked the SA during my first service visit (Renault Whitefield) and he said its not possible. Though he hinted that I can get after market uploads from some car garages . I am not sure how true it is. But as of now, I don't want to play with the stock settings.
Old 26th June 2018, 15:59   #5839
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by invictus View Post
With regards to Clutch replacement..Presently my Duster 85PS (2013) has clocked 73K and for the last 3 weeks clutch was too hard to operate in MUMBAI' bumper to bumper traffic.
That's surprising that the ASC agreed to perform the tasks as per your instructions. Usually they do the standard tasks and would have done the clutch over-haul or change!

Last edited by ampere : 16th July 2018 at 21:58. Reason: Compacted quoted post
Old 26th June 2018, 17:58   #5840
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBeast View Post
Thanks for this, and I have checked the SA during my first service visit (Renault Whitefield) and he said its not possible. Though he hinted that I can get after market uploads from some car garages . I am not sure how true it is. But as of now, I don't want to play with the stock settings.
I just checked with my SA @ Renault Silk Board, and he confirmed that Renault has removed that option now. I was offered this option of software update to the MediaNav when I was about to purchase my Dusty in June 2017, but then I went ahead with RXZ finally.

On a separate note, I am sure that there might be hacks available in online forums to get this enabled, as this does not require any hardware change.
Old 2nd July 2018, 15:53   #5841
BHPian

BhPians need your inputs!

I came back from a trip with my fuel indicator showing a range of approx. 60 kms (assuming 4l of fuel remaining with the current average). My brother had to go out for something, so he took my duster and went to the fuel station (HP) straight away. He asked the pump operator for a tank full.
Now my duster has a 50l fuel tank, but to my surprise the fuel which was pumped in was 53l. My brother was sure that the meter started from zero. Assuming 53l is the correct fuel which was pumped in, adding to remaining fuel of <= 4l, it makes the tank capacity of close to 56l. Is it correct?
Few points -
1. The fuel pump was not on auto cut off. The fuel operator kept on filling till a few drops came out.
2. My brother confronted the petrol pump's manager, and checked the online records, and it also showed that 53l was pumped in.

Now the question, is the petrol pump doing the fraud or duster actually has a capacity of close to 56L when filled up-to the brim.

Please advise!

((Moderator please move this to the correct thread if it does not fit here))
Old 2nd July 2018, 17:28   #5842
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by psmenon View Post
Hi, anyone here have done a remap on their duster 110ps. I have a duster 110ps and planning for remap, opinions are welcome.

Spoke to petes and they have informed that the remap would help get rid of the turbo lag and better turbo ratios. I am taken, but would be a cautious decision since I am still in warranty.
I ve been running Petes remap. no issues so far. 2013 RXL 110. done 61k so far.

Dulled response till about 10mm of throttle for city lugging and fly from there on. Bye bye turbo lag. yes better ratios, more turbo kick, not noticed any great impact on FE. mayb 1-2 km but I rarely check unless i see a drastic drop.
Joe-Ker is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2018, 19:18   #5843
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe-Ker View Post
I have been running Petes remap. no issues so far. 2013 RXL 110. done 61k so far.

Thanks for the information @joe-ker. I would be going for the remap once the second service at 10k is completed.

Would get back to you for info if needed.

Last edited by ampere : 16th July 2018 at 21:59. Reason: Compacted quoted post
psmenon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2018, 19:35   #5844
BHPian

The Airbag warning light on my Duster AWD is continuously on from last night. I was driving the car at 70km/hr and the light came on suddenly and has not turned off. I tried turning off the ignition multiple times. Every time the ignition is turned on the airbag warning comes immediately.

There has never been accident with my car. Is there a fix for this or is there a way to reset the warning.

I called the Renault service center and informed them about this issue. Their first query was if I installed an additional horn. I had a roots vibrosonic horn fit 3 years back. The service guy says because of the additional horn the airbag sensor could have become faulty and has to be replaced. It will cost around Rs. 10,000. They do not have in stock and will order it from Chennai if I agree to pay this. The car is still under extended warranty.

I had fits roots horn on my other cars but never faced this issue. What is the relation between fixing an additional horn and airbag warning? If there is a relation, it should have come immediately after fixing the horn not after three years. What should I do now? I'm confused.
Old 16th July 2018, 12:08   #5845
Tgo
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Now the question, is the petrol pump doing the fraud or duster actually has a capacity of close to 56L when filled up-to the brim.
Some people claim to have pumped in upto 60-65 ltrs. Don't know how true it is but it is highly NOT recommended under any circumstances.

Last edited by ampere : 16th July 2018 at 21:57. Reason: Compacted quoted post
Old 16th July 2018, 14:51   #5846
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repsol View Post

On a separate note, I am sure that there might be hacks available in online forums to get this enabled, as this does not require any hardware change.
Hey Repsol,

I was able to enable to navigation on my MediaNav system. All without hacks. I registered my MediaNav on the website for upgrading my firmware from 8.x to 9.x and also was searching for map options to find out Renault provides the option of downloading the maps provided by it. Its all legal I guess.
I took a chance and downloaded the maps and tried uploading on my MediaNav system and viola it worked.It took overall 1-1.5 hour, but its working perfectly fine.

I got the India maps in 80 USD (original cost $ 105, got a discount for something on that day) from Renault's website and followed the normal process of updating the software version for any MediaNav.

I am pretty sure, that service center guys or even the sales executives doesn't want to let us know about this feature, as they only offer maps on the higher variant.

Cheers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tgo View Post
Some people claim to have pumped in upto 60-65 ltrs. Don't know how true it is but it is highly NOT recommended under any circumstances.
Agreed, the fuel MUST not be filled above the prescribed limit. But 60-65 Litres, it quite a lot!

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 16th July 2018 at 14:55. Reason: Smileys = 2 per post. Please go through the rules of the board.
DBeast is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2018, 18:24   #5847
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nazeer_ahamed View Post
The Airbag warning light on my Duster AWD is continuously on from last night. ....I'm confused.
Did you check the battery? Please check the battery, I have experienced "Airbag failure" in both my Fiat Puntos before and on both occasions, a weakened battery was the culprit.
sandeepmdas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2018, 22:23   #5848
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmdas View Post
Did you check the battery? Please check the battery, I have experienced "Airbag failure" in both my Fiat Puntos before and on both occasions, a weakened battery was the culprit.
Incidentally, I had replaced a new battery one month back. However, I will disconnect the battery, check and update you.
Old 20th July 2018, 12:20   #5849
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nazeer_ahamed View Post
Incidentally, I had replaced a new battery one month back. However, I will disconnect the battery, check and update you.
I connected the battery after one day. The airbag warning did not go. Decided to take the car to service center next week.
Old 20th July 2018, 18:26   #5850
BHPian

Quote:
BhPians need your inputs!

((Moderator please move this to the correct thread if it does not fit here))
50 L is the safe filling capacity. This is not just the case of Duster. Every car takes in an additional 5-10 based on the tank size. be at ease. The petrol pump guys has not cheated you.
nettooran is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks