Search this Thread
Old 6th October 2016, 14:22   #5431
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Re: Renault Duster : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by deehunk View Post
Update from today's meeting.
There was no job card created for the inspection done and no gate pass issued.
Strange. These guys seem to want to keep it under wraps. Just keep getting pictures/videos from you mobile, so that you have some evidence .
4x4addict is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2016, 20:47   #5432
BHPian

Hi. Can any friends please guide me to active ownership thread of duster awd. If someone can please post links I would be highly obliged as I am using the mobile app of the forum and I am unable to search. Mods please excuse if it's not the appropriate thread for such post. Thanks.
Old 9th October 2016, 09:17   #5433
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajamuneeb View Post
Hi. Can any friends please guide me to active ownership thread of duster awd. If someone can please post links I would be highly obliged as I am using the mobile app of the forum and I am unable to search. Mods please excuse if it's not the appropriate thread for such post. Thanks.
Not many active AWD threads. I could find this one but dont think its active.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...uster-awd.html

The official review is comprehensive. If you go through the below thread, most of your questions should get answered.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...al-review.html

Last edited by C300 : 9th October 2016 at 09:19. Reason: Additional details added
Old 9th October 2016, 12:33   #5434
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by C300 View Post
Not many active AWD threads. I could find this one but dont think its active.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...uster-awd.html
Thank you C300. During the initial launch it was raining Dusters on the forum but I guess that now not many of our friends are buying duster anymore. Sales have also taken a dip. I wonder if it is due to Creta and Brezza. Though XUV500 is the nearest rival when it comes to AWD avatar.

Last edited by Vid6639 : 10th October 2016 at 17:07. Reason: fixing the quote tags. thanks.
Old 9th October 2016, 18:28   #5435

"I guess that now not many of our friends are buying duster anymore. Sales have also taken a dip."

Yep, Duster sales are much lower than the new competition. According to autoportal.com, Aug 2016 sales for the peer group is as follows:

Renault Duster = 1658 units
Tata Safari Storme = 589
Ford EcoSport = 5148
Nissan Terrano = 353
Hyundai Creta = 8450
Mahindra TUV300 = 2279
Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza = 9554

The link below has past sales trends as well: https://autoportal.com/newcars/renau...es-statistics/
Old 9th October 2016, 22:59   #5436
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pvkm View Post

Yep, Duster sales are much lower than the new competition. According to autoportal.com, Aug 2016 sales for the peer group is as follows:
Personally, I am 80% satisfied with my duster 4WD. However, it doesn't surprise me that Duster is getting creamed by the competition. It's interiors are a real let down, without even space to keep a phone in the cabin. When I mentioned this earlier, some Duster fans chewed me out.

The ride and handling (especially of the 4WD) is brilliant and that's what I like most about the car. However, the interiors are a BIG/HUGE let down for a car that costs 16 Lakhs on the road. I am sure when people spend 14 to 16 lakhs on the road, the expect nicer interiors.

Anyway too late for renault now. They can continue to make gimmick editions and try to stay relevant or they can go back to the drawing board and redesign the dash/center console etc...
Old 9th October 2016, 23:48   #5437
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
Personally, I am 80% satisfied with my duster 4WD. However, it doesn't surprise me that Duster is getting creamed by the competition. It's interiors are a real let down, without even space to keep a phone in the cabin. When I mentioned this earlier, some Duster fans chewed me out.

The ride and handling (especially of the 4WD) is brilliant and that's what I like most about the car. However, the interiors are a BIG/HUGE let down for a car that costs 16 Lakhs on the road. I am sure when people spend 14 to 16 lakhs on the road, the expect nicer interiors.

Anyway too late for renault now. They can continue to make gimmick editions and try to stay relevant or they can go back to the drawing board and redesign the dash/center console etc...
Thanks 4x4addict. The reason I am asking for duster awd is that I am looking for a awd vehicle. Until now I had almost zeroed in on a pre owned XUV500 AWD not older than two years one for a budget of maximum 12L. But I have been looking at the duster awd as well and a brand new one is under my budget as I can extend it by a couple of lacs more. For me awd atleast is a must and I am planning to keep the vehicle for 3+ years. XUV despite being a great product is giving me second thoughts as I have seen the niggles thread. So I am in a dilemma whether I should go for a pre owned XUV or a brand new duster as I intend to keep the vehicle for long term. I am not a big fan of too many gizmos but reliability is a factor for me and also long term maintainer costs. Also I assume the refreshed duster comes with basic safety and convenience features. Please advise. Mods please excuse if I have posted it in the wrong thread and kindly move it to the appropriate thread. Thanks.
Old 10th October 2016, 14:09   #5438
BHPian

Quote:

Couldn't agree more. While the mechanicals are spot on, the interiors and the dash needs good refresh.

Quote:
Thanks 4x4addict. The reason I am asking for duster awd is that I am looking for a awd vehicle. Until now I had almost zeroed in on a pre owned XUV500 AWD not older than two years one for a budget of maximum 12L. But I have been looking at the duster awd as well and a brand new one is under my budget as I can extend it by a couple of lacs more. For me awd atleast is a must and I am planning to keep the vehicle for 3+ years. XUV despite being a great product is giving me second thoughts as I have seen the niggles thread. So I am in a dilemma whether I should go for a pre owned XUV or a brand new duster as I intend to keep the vehicle for long term. I am not a big fan of too many gizmos but reliability is a factor for me and also long term maintainer costs. Also I assume the refreshed duster comes with basic safety and convenience features. Please advise. Mods please excuse if I have posted it in the wrong thread and kindly move it to the appropriate thread. Thanks.
Depends on your need. XUV can accommodate bigger families with three rows of seating. Duster has two rows.
For smaller families I would anyday chose a brand new Dusty AWD over used XUV.
The K9K engine is proven workhorse and mechanicals are sorted. The cost of ownership is also low. I am not sure whats the cost of ownership for XUV.
Old 10th October 2016, 14:53   #5439
BHPian

Quote:
Couldn't agree more. While the mechanicals are spot on, the interiors and the dash needs good refresh.

Depends on your need. XUV can accommodate bigger families with three rows of seating. Duster has two rows.
For smaller families I would anyday chose a brand new Dusty AWD over used XUV.
The K9K engine is proven workhorse and mechanicals are sorted. The cost of ownership is also low. I am not sure whats the cost of ownership for XUV.
Thanks C300. We are family of two and half so the basic requirement is just for 3 to 4 people accommodated comfortably. I am an avid traveller and I need a horse which is reliable as my thirst for long drives is unending. And no one can give me a better feedback of the vehicle than the owners themselves. I am planning to get a new vehicle in next 15 days so need to end my confused state of mind. Any feedback would be highly appreciated. Thanks.

Last edited by rajamuneeb : 10th October 2016 at 14:54.
Old 10th October 2016, 18:41   #5440
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks 4x4addict. The reason I am asking for duster awd is that I am looking for a awd vehicle.
XUV is a larger 7 Seater with much more spacious interiors. If you area okay with the space in the Duster, I would pick the Duster 4WD. I have used it in many places with hardly any road and it takes it in it's stride. Once you are on tarmac, you can drive it like almost like a sports car. Don't worry too much about the niggles as it is the exception than the rule. There are more than 4 dusters within my immediate family and friends and my brother in law's 85 ps has clocked over 1.25 lakh kms in the mountains.

The maintenance is reasonably and comparable to Scorpio/Safari etc...

Basis safety features such as ABS/Air Bags are available. The 4WD also has Traction Control and Electronic Skid Protection.

As I mentioned earlier, if you are okay with the interiors and space, and am planning to get the 4WD, just go for it. If you are planning to get 2WD, get the Creta instead.
Old 10th October 2016, 20:43   #5441
BHPian

Quote:
XUV is a larger 7 Seater with much more spacious interiors.
Thanks a lot brother. As I have mentioned earlier I am quite happy with the space and also the refreshed duster has decent list of gizmos as well. I am not a big fan of bling interiors I can easily overlook it's plane jane inside appearance over it's robust performance. I just sold my 8 month old Safari Storme as I just couldn't live with its small niggles and it's after sales. Storme is a great product but it's after sales network is a big miss. Your suggestions have helped me to clear my mind. I might be finalizing and booking in another 15 days. Will keep updating about it. Thanks

Last edited by ampere : 12th October 2016 at 22:19. Reason: Reduced quoted content
rajamuneeb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2016, 14:33   #5442
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks a lot brother. As I have mentioned earlier I am quite happy with the space and also the refreshed duster has decent list of gizmos as well. I am not a big fan of bling interiors I can easily overlook it's plane jane inside appearance over it's robust performance. I just sold my 8 month old Safari Storme as I just couldn't live with its small niggles and it's after sales. Storme is a great product but it's after sales network is a big miss. Your suggestions have helped me to clear my mind. I might be finalizing and booking in another 15 days. Will keep updating about it. Thanks
Check out the new adventure edition. Looks cool in Amazon Green.
Also make sure you do a thorough TD before booking.
Old 11th October 2016, 17:56   #5443
BHPian

Quote:
Check out the new adventure edition. Looks cool in Amazon Green.
Also make sure you do a thorough TD before booking.
I did but there is a confusion regarding the awd model. While the official site mentions it but there is no mention of it in price list. Yes will be doing a detailed TD before booking it
Old 12th October 2016, 22:15   #5444
BHPian

I raised a query to Renault India fb page regarding duster awd adventure variant today and got a prompt call back. It indeed is available in all colours and the price they quoted me was 14.10lacs ex-showroom Srinagar. Discount offered is up-to 80,000 which I need to negotiate with the dealer. They will arrange a test drive through the dealer here. Waiting for the dealer to call me up. Sounds like a good deal so far with a huge discount. Will keep you friends posted. Mods sorry for back to back posts but it clears the confusion.
Old 13th October 2016, 17:51   #5445
BHPian

I have enquired from various dealers in Bangalore (actually various branches, since there is only one dealer) and everyone said that there is no discount on offer for any of the Adventure edition vehicles. If you are being offered discounts, please share your experience on this form.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks