Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd November 2012, 01:25   #1471
AWD
BHPian

Re: Renault Duster : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by h.s.r View Post
85 RXE base model does not have Trip computer, but i fear dealer would take booking of RXE variant,here in Delhi dealer is not taking bookings of RXE variant
Does the Trip Comp. show FE ?

Think dealer is taking booking for RXe variant but quotes a waiting of 9 months! Also says that Company is producing RXe variant in lesser numbers. Guess the advent of Eco-Sport could see Renault pushing more base models.

ARAI website is a mess, visited to check Duster's FE but could not find the right link!
Old 22nd November 2012, 01:39   #1472
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWD View Post
Does the Trip Comp. show FE ?

Think dealer is taking booking for RXe variant but quotes a waiting of 9 months! Also says that Company is producing RXe variant in lesser numbers. Guess the advent of Eco-Sport could see Renault pushing more base models.

ARAI website is a mess, visited to check Duster's FE but could not find the right link!
Nope FE feature is not available in RXE base model.
It does not have stereo & dashboard is also grey & black.
No glossy finish on central console.
Black ORVM's
No defogger or rear wiper.
No steering mounted audio controls.
Few things which are not available in base model.
Old 22nd November 2012, 05:11   #1473
BHPian

Btw my mileage of 12.8 is the worst of the 110 on the forum so far, other folks here are getting 15-16 on their 110. It could be my driving style, and I have been pushing and testing the car so speeds have been high. I have not been driving for mileage.

Today I reset the trip meter and it's showing 16.1 after 240km, out of which 170km is highway.

The 110 has 6 gears so it's not strained at any rpm compared to the 85 so the mileage in real world shoul be similar. It's the same engine in the Logan, Sunny, Duster and Fluence in different tunes. It's used in most Renault cars from Clio to Megane to Scenic in 110 tune.

This is a heavily used and tested engine so there should be little concern about reliability. Ultimately if the budget is available the 110 should be preferred, not only for the 25bhp which is useful in all sorts of conditions but also the 6 speed. The 85 I'd adequate, the 110 in my opinion is better. The nasty turbo lag seen in a lot of early test cars is not there in the production variants.

In my own experience after 1000 and now 2000km the engine has really smoothened out and pulls cleanly in gears 1,2,3 from 1000rpm. The car idles at 600rpm. The engine response is nearly fluid and it's feels peppy.

The VIN number is given by the dealer, but typically Renault will call you and inform you the car is allotted, at which point you should get in touch with the dealer.

Last edited by raul : 22nd November 2012 at 05:14.
Old 22nd November 2012, 08:17   #1474
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWD View Post
This is taken from Renault's site.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raul View Post
The VIN number is given by the dealer, but typically Renault will call you and inform you the car is allotted, at which point you should get in touch with the dealer.
In this time of cheating dealerships, I just can't stop liking this idea of VIN being allotted and informed by the manufacturer. Renault.

I've also read that a part of the VIN contains your name. Is this engraved on the vehicle somewhere? Can anyone post a snap of such a VIN with their name after hiding a few digits?
Old 22nd November 2012, 08:49   #1475

km
Quote:
Btw my mileage of 12.8 is the worst of the 110 on the forum so far, other folks here are getting 15-16 on their 110. It could be my driving style, and I have been pushing and testing the car so speeds have been high. I have not been driving for mileage.
-----

In my own experience after 1000 and now 2000km the engine has really smoothened out and pulls cleanly in gears 1,2,3 from 1000rpm. The car idles at 600rpm. The engine response is nearly fluid and it's feels peppy.

Raul,

I had also experianced same problem for 1st 500 kms but after it has started gradually going up but still at 14 kmpl with 70-30 mix if city and highway. One thing which i have discovered recently is that the RMP of engine plays a key role and mileage goes up if you are maintaining around 2000 rpm with gear shifts.

Also one problem i am concerned is that post starting the car all the indicator lights go off immediately apart from OIL indicator which is lit for about 1-2 sec more. I have checked the Oil level and it is between Min and Max. Are other Duster Owners facing the same issue or is there potential problem with my vehicle. Thanks in Advance.
deltadriver is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2012, 12:36   #1476
BHPian

Folks, I got an FE of 21.2 KM/L, (Hold your ), This was over a 70 KM run on a highway with min braking and steady 2000 rpm run. But on an average I am getting 16.2 - 16.5 which is as per MID and also cross checked manually.

I agree with the observations posted above that it does give a better mileage at 2000 rpm, but I have been pushing the tacho a bit after I crossed the run in period. Need to become more sedate now i guess.
Attached Thumbnails
Renault Duster : Official Review-fe.jpg  

engrohit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2012, 12:48   #1477
BHPian

Quote:
Raul. Be happy you are crossing 12.8 buddy.
I am not crossing 12 at all. If it is pure city driving, i get 11.x
Mixing city with long drive (like I went to Bangalore and back) for this week put me at 14-15
Guess, I am still having a heavy foot. Anyways, I am happy with what I am getting as previously I was driving a Fiat Adventure with its 1.6L petrol engine whose fuel economy was not so great
I change gear at around 2000 rpm. May be that is why.
I also have a question to others at what RPMs you shift gears.
I read that the turbo spools at around 1700 or 1750 RPM and if you don't use the turbo at all, you may end up with engine trouble. Right?
Old 22nd November 2012, 13:37   #1478
AWD
BHPian

Dear members, its a request whenever you are stating anything about your vehicle, any figures, updates, etc. please do mention the model & variant.

I have another important question, most of the buyers must have pondered on it before making a purchase. Is Renault's a.s.s. & spares prices/availability going to remain OK in times to come or would the vehicle turn out to be a White elephant to maintain some years down the line ?

I intend to retain the vehicle for atleast 5 yrs. after the purchase & need top notch Service/spares support. The Service should also not turn out to be a costly affair.

Also what's the owners take on reliability of the vehicle, any niggling issues faced so far?
Old 22nd November 2012, 14:25   #1479
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thalavoy View Post
Raul. Be happy you are crossing 12.8 buddy.
I am not crossing 12 at all. If it is pure city driving, i get 11.x
Mixing city with long drive (like I went to Bangalore and back) for this week put me at 14-15
I have a 110, and there were times I have got FE of 22,21,20,19,18 etc. The first 3 being > ARAI figures for 110. But they were all over short stretches in highway with no traffic, no AC, no revving. However I dont feel appropriate to consider them at all. On an average I get 13-14 if you mix city and highway. And I am not exactly a sedate driver, friends tell me. More details on my ownership report, going live tomorrow
Old 22nd November 2012, 14:46   #1480
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deltadriver View Post
Also one problem i am concerned is that post starting the car all the indicator lights go off immediately apart from OIL indicator which is lit for about 1-2 sec more. I have checked the Oil level and it is between Min and Max. Are other Duster Owners facing the same issue or is there potential problem with my vehicle. Thanks in Advance.
Wow, incidentally, I started facing this issue on my Tucson recently!
The oil level warning lamp started behaving similar to the Airbag warning lamp (which stays ON for 1 or 2 seconds after the engine is started). My oil level is also between MIN and MAX. I am going to debug this for sure - will go to service center if I can't find any other info. Can you keep me in the loop on this so we can share the info?

Thanks!
Old 22nd November 2012, 14:54   #1481
BHPian

Thelavoy - can I suggest you reset your mid. Also according to Renault the engine will settle down at 6000km, so the mileage should increase till then. Most online duster forums report a mileage of 6-8/100km for the 110 and the 90bhp. Faster driving takes it to 8/100km and those who drive for mileage are reporting 6 and some even 5/100km. It should settle down to that.

I have just completed 2000 km and I did keep it below 2000rpm for the first 1000km. I have been taking it to 3-4rpm to open up the engine after run in.

Btw the India Duster variant 110 turbo spools at 2200 rpm. The newer versions of the 110 with DPF and support for ESP spools lower at 1800rpm. The newer Fluence has this version as do the Dusters abroad probably.

Thoma - the original system was the owners name would be on the car along with the vin but it this is not being followed.

Also guys going in for 2k or 10k service please insist on synthetic elf oil for topup and oil change. Apparently there is a mineral version also offered which is cheaper, this is unconfirmed but I have read about it here from some Duster owners, but I would suggest stick to the synthetic elf.

Last edited by raul : 22nd November 2012 at 15:03.
Old 22nd November 2012, 15:27   #1482
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye View Post
Wow, incidentally, I started facing this issue on my Tucson recently!
The oil level warning lamp started behaving similar to the Airbag warning lamp (which stays ON for 1 or 2 seconds after the engine is started). My oil level is also between MIN and MAX. I am going to debug this for sure - will go to service center if I can't find any other info. Can you keep me in the loop on this so we can share the info?
Thanks!
Actually I am getting the same thing in my Scorpio even though the oil is at the top mark, same is the case with the Battery indicator (but I think it is time to replace the battery now)
Old 22nd November 2012, 16:10   #1483
gemi_kk

Quote:
Originally Posted by thalavoy View Post
I also have a question to others at what RPMs you shift gears.
I read that the turbo spools at around 1700 or 1750 RPM and if you don't use the turbo at all, you may end up with engine trouble. Right?
That shouldnt cause any problem. The turbo will give you more power and increses FE. You need not rev the engine to 2K rpm in every gear. Depending on the situation and the amount of power you need, you need to rev accordingly.

Old 22nd November 2012, 16:57   #1484
BHPian

I get only 11.6 in my citi driving on the 100 and this is between the Tin Factory- ITPL stretch where you never find even a empty 10 meter stretch
Old 22nd November 2012, 22:47   #1485
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by engrohit View Post
Great news Suchit, thanks. This BT issue is really limiting my BT usage due to other party not very comfortable with it. Can you also help me with my issue reg ipod connectivity which I have posted couple of pages ago. Thanks.
I got a chance to check the iPod connectivity, worked fine without any issues. First it said iPod detected and started playing songs automatically. Then I removed that and connected via Aux which worked. Then I removed the Aux and connected via USB again, it not only worked fine it picked up the song from where I had left it. Another thing I noticed in the USB mode is that the iPod reported a message like "Accessory Connected" and all controls were disabled in the iPod, so everything had to be controlled from the HU.

I would suggest wait until they find a resolution of the BT echo issue, they are going to upgrade the firmware anyways, chances are high it will resolve the issue.
suchit23 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks