Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th November 2012, 10:08   #1396
BHPian

Re: Renault Duster : Official Review

I think they are trying to solve the long waiting period atleast for some models which yields them good Margin
I booked 110RXL woodland Brown from Kochi and got in less than two months.At the time of booking, waiting period given was three months and that was December 10th. One of my neighbour got RXL option pack 85 - white in 35 days!

But some models like RXE diesel and petrol models, its only in paper just to show media that "Duster starts at 7.19L"
They never deliver these models and waiting period for these is still 5-6 months. So some showrooms wont even accept booking for these models

But these dirty tricks are going to hold them only till Eco sport and Safari Launched ( Safari : Proper launch all over India )..May be three more months
Old 14th November 2012, 12:46   #1397
BHPian

Hi fellow Duster Owners

Pls help me with this one:

I was connecting the iPod through the Aux cable and it was working fine. However i tried connecting the same through USB input couple of days back and it showed the following message" iPod detected...pls wait...." and then nothing happened and the player resumed with CD (Which was playing before i connected iPod). I tried this atleast 3 - 4 times with same result.
Now surprisingly when i tried connecting the iPod through Aux cable it refuses to connect and i am now left without any option to connect iPod to HU.

Can someone suggest some way to resolve this? The guys at Service center are absolutely clueless about these features and their functionalities.
Thanks
Old 14th November 2012, 15:58   #1398
BHPian

Anyone installed reverse park assist outside showroom for duster?
Showroom version comes for 15k which I feel bit costly
Does it affect the warranty if we fit from outside?
I heard there are wired and wireless type sensors
Please share your views in terms of brand, type, cost etc
Old 14th November 2012, 20:44   #1399
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunrajk81
15K with cam? Way too expensive! Please browse / go to a good accessories shop, they should be able to do a good job. Scared of losing warranty? Buy the stuff you want & ask the A$$ guys to fix it. You will end up paying a higher labor, but they can't deny warranty after that. As a matter of fact, somehow I believe electrical connections are best done in A$$ than outside except proper ICE installs.

As for wired/wireless, I assume wired will last more & cost lesser. I have no experience though. Red Soul is a nice brand, Autocop is good.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 14th November 2012 at 20:47.
Old 14th November 2012, 22:12   #1400
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunrajk81 View Post
Are you talking about only the reverse parking sensors or sensors with camera integrated? Only the sensors range between 3K - 7K. Along with camera will set you back by 10K - 12K depending on brand, Red Soul being a good one. And add a premium that dealers charge, 15K is round about correct for sensors+camera.

I got the sensors only from showroom for 5.5K, brand Steel Mate http://www.steelmate.in/product-deta...p?product=NDc= . Wireless model. I chose wireless because it involves less prying open the paneling along the sides. Only the rear bumper is opened up to fit the sensors and the ECU. And the monitor is fitted in the front which receives signals wirelessly. And yes, like you I was apprehensive about warranty so I got this accessory from the dealer only. If you do any electrical work from outside, they have more chance of denying warranty, at least right now its good to play safe not knowing how Renault is dealing warranty claims. We will know in a years time I guess.
Old 14th November 2012, 23:14   #1401
BHPian

Apologies for going OT here (maybe). Does anyone bought a petrol version (RXE)? I am planning to buy one, since my usage is not that high and I might just hit 12-15K per year. Need some good review of the petrol version. Also, is it possible to order the RXE with ABS? TIA

Cheers
Old 14th November 2012, 23:23   #1402
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0ckstar.1
Apologies for going OT here (maybe). Does anyone bought a petrol version (RXE)? I am planning to buy one, since my usage is not that high and I might just hit 12-15K per year. Need some good review of the petrol version. Also, is it possible to order the RXE with ABS? TIA

Cheers
Your usage of 12k + is high enough to justify the extra money for the diesel engine.
So i would suggest that you get the diesel version.
No, you can't order ABS or Airbags in petrol version since they were not homologated with them
Old 14th November 2012, 23:40   #1403

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post
Your usage of 12k + is high enough to justify the extra money for the diesel engine.
So i would suggest that you get the diesel version.
No, you can't order ABS or Airbags in petrol version since they were not homologated with them
I guess 1200 km per month usage is not too much so that a diesel varient is bought. A petrol Duster makes sense here than a diesel varient. However, it depends on Renault if they are willing to manufacture few petrol dusters for potential petrolheads.
Old 15th November 2012, 00:41   #1404
BHPian

Has any TBhpian got delivery of 85 RXL.
If anybody has got the 85 RXL, i would like to know when was it booked.
I have booked 85 RXL on 8th of July, but i haven't got delivery yet.
Dealer is not giving any assurance on the delivery, stating delayed of the Renault.
I was told that 85 RXE variant is discontinued and all bookings were diverted to 85 RXL, hence the delay.
I was also told that the company is producing very less 85 RXL variants,
therefore it is taking longer to the delivery & that the 85 RXL variant would also be discontinued in the coming months.
I am really concerned about the delivery of Duster, as i have marriage coming up in the family.
Dealer wants to sell me 110 PS as it is readily available.
I am very frustated by all this attitude of Renault & dealer.
Guys i need your suggestions on how to go over this & how can i approach Renault so that i can get to know the status of my booking.
I need vehicle positively by November end so that i can use it on my brother marriage, which is in Early December.
The wait for the Duster seems endless.
Over & above unfair trade practices by the dealer is aggravating me.
Old 15th November 2012, 05:47   #1405
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by h.s.r View Post
That does sound like a long wait. Here at Bangalore I have a friend who got delivery of his 85 couple weeks back, he had booked it on July 20th. However he did not get the color he wanted (brown). He compromised on the grey. The only suggestion I can give is to check with the dealer if any other color in 85 is available quicker.
Old 15th November 2012, 08:39   #1406
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by nariyani View Post
I guess 1200 km per month usage is not too much so that a diesel varient is bought. A petrol Duster makes sense here than a diesel varient. However, it depends on Renault if they are willing to manufacture few petrol dusters for potential petrolheads.
While Going for a Petrol Duster, also keep in mind that its ARAI fuel Consumption is about 13.5 Km/L. This figure is shockingly low as compared to everything else in this segment. A More Powerful Honda City delivers 16.5 Km/L and even with an Auto 'box it stays at 15Km/L.

So. the running cost between a Petrol and Diesel Duster is huge and can easily offset the initial extra cost if you run 12-15K per year.
In fact, with this kind of running, you can justify buying the diesel version of any car over its petrol version

While i do know that ARAI fuel efficency isn't accurate, but it is good enough to compare the FE.
Old 15th November 2012, 09:33   #1407
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post
While Going for a Petrol Duster, also keep in mind that its ARAI fuel Consumption is about 13.5 Km/L. This figure is shockingly low as compared to everything else in this segment. A More Powerful Honda City delivers 16.5 Km/L and even with an Auto 'box it stays at 15Km/L.

So. the running cost between a Petrol and Diesel Duster is huge and can easily offset the initial extra cost if you run 12-15K per year.
In fact, with this kind of running, you can justify buying the diesel version of any car over its petrol version

While i do know that ARAI fuel efficency isn't accurate, but it is good enough to compare the FE.
The petrol version is lugging around quite a bit of weight and the lesser torque from the petrol engine makes it work harder. Anyways the petrol version and variant is bare bone.

How many petrol Duster would have Renault sold, an interesting point to ponder over.
Old 15th November 2012, 09:41   #1408
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by h.s.r View Post
Dealer is not giving any assurance on the delivery, stating delayed of the Renault.
Hi hsr, I had booked 85 RXL (White) on 12th July and got it delivered on 27th Sept (2.5 Months). This was at Renault Thane. During the waiting period, dealer did try telling me that i will get a call from Renault with delivery schedule etc. One day (Saturday, so lot of potential customers in) I just banged into the showroom and started throwing lot of tantrums around and making lot of Halla. The team leader then took me aside and made me speak to his Head of sorts, that guy promised me a delivery in 7 days and they lived upto it.

So try different tactics with these guys, also try writing / calling Renault as many times as possible.

All the best.
Old 15th November 2012, 10:59   #1409
BHPian

Thanks All.

15K price I saw from duster accessories price list which some one forwarded some time back in same post I believe. Some RXZ owners might can give details about if its sensor only or sensor+camera+LCD

Now I am looking to buy it outside and get it fitted by Service center guys
This might be slightly older price since reverse park assist new price is slightly above 15k now. Might be after recent hike

1 B00911HD01 Exhaust Finisher - 816
2 8200810243 Alloy wheel - 9,630
3 7711544530 Car Cover (Silver) - 1,690
4 7711544542 Mud Flaps - 1,050
5 284475753R Reverse Park Assist - 14,256
6 7711544518 Seat cover - Leather Vinyl (Integrated 3 rear seat head rest) - 14,900
7 7711544551 Seat cover - Full Vinyl (Integrated 3 rear seat head rest) - 7,390
8 7711544554 Seat cover - Leather Vinyl (Integrated rear centre seat head rest) N- 14,900
9 7711544556 Seat cover - Full Vinyl (Integrated rear centre seat head rest) - 7,390
10 7711544519 Steering wheel Cover (Leather) - 700
11 7711544500 Jump Seat - 5,490
12 7703602090 Bolt for Jump Seat - 75
13 7711544552 Textile Mat (Black) - 1,690
14 7711544528 Textile Mat (Biege) - 1,690
arunrajk81 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th November 2012, 11:51   #1410
BHPian

What about mats.

The Mud Flaps and Mats are not available in hyderabad now. They told one month time.

looks like Renault has got everything waiting period.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks