Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th October 2012, 19:26   #1276

Quote:
Originally Posted by snkjr View Post
I didn't get no call from Renault, but I did call their customer care line myself and I was told something similar. In my case they said the allocation will be made in Jan OR Feb 2013 - I too had booked in July. So that means the delivery would be later than that. I love the car, and there is simply no other alternative to this vehicle. But I will be canceling my booking. Another thing is that even if you consent to take the 85RXL, it is still gonna take time - that's what I was told anyway. There are no 85PS models being delivered is what I was told. They (dealer) did say that they could possibly speed up delivery if I want to go for 110PS variants. How can the company deliver 110 models but not the 85 models? This clearly means that (a) the waiting line is not being honored in order of booking date, (b) there is some issue with either the production line or the procurement of 85PS parts, or (c) it's a ploy to milk the cash cow by forcing people towards higher priced variants.
@snkjr: Yes i agree, this definitely seems to be a ploy to push customers to buy the higher variants as the margins might be low in the lower variants.
I would suggest you to talk to your dealer and upgrade the RXL variant if you can spare 1 Lakh additionally. You should push them to deliver immediately if you upgrade. The manager in my dealership in chennai was very good and he prioritized mine first after i upgraded. He quoted the exact same on-road price as before. You would also have the price protection advantage as you have booked very early, i think you should not miss that ( my opinion . )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rada View Post
I really admire your patience. To wait for 8 months to take delivery of the RxE is really not acceptable. No customer is going to wait that long.

At the same time, happy to note you did not cancel the booking. As a satisfied user of the RxL (O), I must say, the Duster really delivers on key fronts.

I know it's a stretch, but please see whether you can go for the RxL with option pack. Airbags and ABS are vital accessories while driving on the highways. The rear parking sensors are really useful and the alloy wheels really add to the overall majesty of the vehicle.

Renault Mount Road actively discouraged me from fitting the additional jump seat and once I saw the accessory, it was not difficult to see why!
@Rada: Thanks, I have already stretched to get the RXL variant. I wanted to get a vehicle below 10L. Also, i think they should made atleast ABS standard with RXL (disappointment). But i think absence of air bags would force us to promptly use the seat belts . And am planning to get the rear camera for reverse parking assist. Yep, i went to the showroom and saw the Jump Seat. My head hits the roof if i sit on that. Also climbing from the rear is difficult, we need to jump into the that. Not much use i guess, but still can use that for short distances in city for short people.

Note From Team-BHP Support: Please use the EDIT / MULTI QUOTE function within 30-minutes instead of posting consecutively. Thanks.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 29th October 2012 at 00:09.
Old 28th October 2012, 19:46   #1277
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by h.s.r

Here in Delhi dealer is not giving anything for free.They are charging Rs 3790 for Mudflaps & Footmats.
Are you sure its 3790, it might be 2790. In Bangalore thats how much they charge for compulsory accessories.
Old 28th October 2012, 20:16   #1278
BHPian

Re: Renault Duster : Official Review

The price should be 2740 or thereabouts. A difference of 1000/- is certainly not fair.

For prices please see my earlier post in this thread at http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post2866827

You may ask the dealer to show you prices in their DMS (dealer management system).
Old 28th October 2012, 21:35   #1279
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dusty View Post

I would suggest you to talk to your dealer and upgrade the RXL variant if you can spare 1 Lakh additionally. ... You would also have the price protection advantage as you have booked very early, i think you should not miss that ( my opinion . )
I have told the dealer that I'm ready to take the higher version. I am not getting any commitment after that too. You are very right that missing the price protection would be an opportunity lost, but then it's not really possible for me to wait anymore. I'll make one final call to the dealer on 05/11, and unless they get me a November delivery date, I'm afraid I'm gonna have to cancel my booking - not that I want to.
Old 28th October 2012, 22:42   #1280

Quote:
I have told the dealer that I'm ready to take the higher version. I am not getting any commitment after that too. You are very right that missing the price protection would be an opportunity lost, but then it's not really possible for me to wait anymore. I'll make one final call to the dealer on 05/11, and unless they get me a November delivery date, I'm afraid I'm gonna have to cancel my booking - not that I want to.
Yes that makes sense. There is a limit for anything. We have already been treated so badly. But you can talk to the dealer and give a last try. I think they should definitely do this for you. Else everyone will loose faith in Renault as a brand. In fact the customer service guy from Renault who called me had asked me to change to RXL to get delivery faster. So you can contact Customer Care also if the Dealer did not respond properly. But first talk to the dealership manager and keep the Renault customer care as last option.
Actually i think my dealer is far better because he requested me to change to RXL in August itself and promised me to deliver by August end, but i refused and said i will wait. And now in mid october, when i went there, he requested me to change to RXL and i agreed and he promised me to deliver the vehicle by this month end. I gave the cheque for remaining amount yesterday and if everything goes fine, will be registering the vehicle by this Friday (hopefully). Praying that everything should go smooth.
Thanks.
dusty is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2012, 22:53   #1281
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by snkjr
The price should be 2740 or thereabouts. A difference of 1000/- is certainly not fair.

For prices please see my earlier post in this thread at http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post2866827

You may ask the dealer to show you prices in their DMS (dealer management system).
In Coimbatore they are charging Rs 3000 for the mud flaps & floor mats. You can ask for the break up and it should be roughly 50:50. I that case maybe you can get only the mud flaps and get a good 3D mat from outside. I am still in two minds as the dealer is saying mats are available only in beige and it will be impossible to maintain them. But the flip side is I am unable to find any aftermarket 3D kagu mats for duster as of now. Other duster owners please let me know if you have found 3D kagu mats for duster.

Thanks
Old 28th October 2012, 23:56   #1282
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by h.s.r View Post
So what was the feedback.

I have few questions for all Duster owners.
I will be getting delivery of the 85 PS near Diwali.
1.How is the quality of mudflaps & footmats provided by Renault. Are they worth buying.
2.The dealer is quoting 45k+ Taxes for Megaudio OEM HU.
Has anybody upgraded to this?
Mudflaps are good and completely worth getting at Rs 1300. Floor mats are also good at Rs 1600 and fit well. Driver side does not slip. I didn't see better mats at accessory shops in Milan Subway here in Mumbai.

The 3D Kagu mats will probably be better looking if you are willing to spend around 4500 for mats. I didn't see the point.

I have seen Witson units for Duster online at around 300-400 USD - http://www.witson.com/en/displayprod...roID=101675146
They seem to be equally good but are not readily available in India and need to be imported. This will obviously not suit everyone given the dealer fitted one will have warranty etc but at a price.
raul is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2012, 10:58   #1283
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dusty View Post
@Thalavoy: That's really surprising. Hope you gave the feedback about the problems customers are facing here. And i think i saw your vehicle (The Grey Duster) outside your home (Just 2 streets away from my home). It looks awesome. I was looking at the duster and accidentally noticed the name board outside your home with your name. Hopefully am right.

Dusty. Yes you are correct. That is me and my car except it was my dad's home. Where is your home?

My feedback was overall positive and mainly complained about the rattles that I was hearing in the trunk, wiper leaving traces of water, not able to see switches in dark (suggested it should be backlit always), no rear vents for other trims than top trim. not so comfortable driver seat for long drives (firm and no lower back support and does not feel snug, and bluetooth phone connectivity has echo on the other side occasionally. For each of my complain they asked if this is a deal breaker and I told them that it was not
They didn't ask for dealer feedback though.
thalavoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2012, 13:38   #1284
gemi_kk

Quote:
I didn't get no call from Renault, but I did call their customer care line myself and I was told something similar. In my case they said the allocation will be made in Jan OR Feb 2013 - I too had booked in July. So that means the delivery would be later than that. I love the car, and there is simply no other alternative to this vehicle. But I will be canceling my booking. Another thing is that even if you consent to take the 85RXL, it is still gonna take time - that's what I was told anyway. There are no 85PS models being delivered is what I was told. They (dealer) did say that they could possibly speed up delivery if I want to go for 110PS variants. How can the company deliver 110 models but not the 85 models? This clearly means that (a) the waiting line is not being honored in order of booking date, (b) there is some issue with either the production line or the procurement of 85PS parts, or (c) it's a ploy to milk the cash cow by forcing people towards higher priced variants.

I was given a time frame for delivery according to which I should have received the vehicle already. No communication or commitment from the dealer as well as Renault has now turned me off. It is clear that the shared plant for the Renault-Nissan Alliance is actually not such a bright idea when it comes down to meeting demand. They do not have the proper structure to support both marques when both are indeed growing.

I'm gonna have to buy some other vehicle and I'm not happy about it.
Dude... sorry to hear this.
I agree that renault should deliver the cars in time. They cant expect a customer to wait for 3 - 6 months. Any potential customer would move out because of this delay.

But from the manufacturers perspective, they are new in this country and they already have invested a lot. They are able to produce 4000- 5000 vehicles in a month. which means, per day they are making 170 vehicles. If they exceed this, the quality goes down. The only way to increas is by adding additional assembly lines. To be in sync, the suppliers should also be able to double the supply.

We cannot expect all these to be done in 3-4 months of lauch. It would be done but down the line. may be after 8-10 months. This is 4th month after launching the duster. Down the line this will definitely happen as renault cant keep on loosing customers. I hope you would wait, do some negotiatioins and take the vehicle. your choice of selecting duster is correct.
  (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2012, 13:53   #1285
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeshmani View Post
Are you sure its 3790, it might be 2790. In Bangalore thats how much they charge for compulsory accessories.
Quote:

The prices for essential kit are Rs 3790.
I have attached the price list,ironically it only states mudflaps.

I am attaching both old & new price list,old states Rs 5790 for mudflaps & footmats, which is total rip off by dealer.
Old price list
Renault Duster : Official Review-duster-pl-delhi.jpg
New price list
Renault Duster : Official Review-untitled.gif
RXE Models in Diesel both 85 & 110 PS are omitted,which means dealer is no longer taking bookings for RXE in Diesel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raul View Post
Mudflaps are good and completely worth getting at Rs 1300. Floor mats are also good at Rs 1600 and fit well. Driver side does not slip. I didn't see better mats at accessory shops in Milan Subway here in Mumbai.

The 3D Kagu mats will probably be better looking if you are willing to spend around 4500 for mats. I didn't see the point.

I have seen Witson units for Duster online at around 300-400 USD - http://www.witson.com/en/displayprod...roID=101675146
They seem to be equally good but are not readily available in India and need to be imported. This will obviously not suit everyone given the dealer fitted one will have warranty etc but at a price.
Thanks for the link.
I guess Megaudio will be better buy if sourced from outside other than dealer.
Old 29th October 2012, 14:21   #1286
BHPian

For those from Mumbai - Saw an interesting site .
http://ajantain.com/new_products/renault_duster

Some accessories are available with this vendor.

Old 29th October 2012, 20:27   #1287
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by h.s.r View Post
The prices for essential kit are Rs 3790.
I have attached the price list,ironically it only states mudflaps.

I am attaching both old & new price list,old states Rs 5790 for mudflaps & footmats, which is total rip off by dealer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeshmani View Post
In Trivandrum, TVS charged Rs 2650/- for the mudflaps and for the mats (colour Black), including tax. Fitment charges - Rs 309/- total Rs - 2,959/-.

The mats fit well especially the driver's side that has slots to fit into the lugs given on the floor carpet for a snug non-slip fit. Get the Black colour mats - I would say they are worth it. The Beige colour ones would be difficult to keep clean and may look shabby after few months use.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pradeepkm View Post
For those from Mumbai - Saw an interesting site .
http://ajantain.com/new_products/renault_duster
Some accessories are available with this vendor.
The Duster has a monocoque (unibody) shell. I'm not sure whether its advisable installing the bull-bars and rear-bars as shown on the vendor's web-site. Similarly, the side-step needs to be designed to fit into the slots given under the body. Its perhaps better to go in for OEM recommended accessories only.
Rigid Rotor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2012, 20:48   #1288
BHPian

A friend of mine had booked a 110 rxz in july. His car has now arrived at the dealership. Unfortunately, he has lost his job today. Is there anyone (in delhi) who would be keen to take it. He can transfer the booking. Or else he would have to cancel it and lose 5k. He has a window of about 3 days to decide. The car is still available with price protection (about 40k less than its current price). Any one interested pls email me or leave a message. I will connect you to my friend.
shivmarwaha is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2012, 09:19   #1289
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivmarwaha View Post
A friend of mine had booked a 110 rxz in july. His car has now arrived at the dealership. Unfortunately, he has lost his job today. Is there anyone (in delhi) who would be keen to take it. He can transfer the booking. Or else he would have to cancel it and lose 5k. He has a window of about 3 days to decide. The car is still available with price protection (about 40k less than its current price). Any one interested pls email me or leave a message. I will connect you to my friend.
Are you sure the dealer will offer price protection? With the way the dealers seem to be behaving these days, he might just say that a transfer will be treated like a new booking.
Old 30th October 2012, 11:10   #1290
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharninder View Post
Are you sure the dealer will offer price protection? With the way the dealers seem to be behaving these days, he might just say that a transfer will be treated like a new booking.
I will ask my friend to confirm with the dealer and revert. Apparently he was sure that the price protection will be there since the booking was done earlier and only a name change is being done. He can cite financial reasons etc for changing the name.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks