Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd October 2012, 17:25   #1231
BHPian

Re: Renault Duster : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumarsiddhi View Post
Hi All,

Reading all this fuel filling and possible incorrectness of the system measuring this, i have another experience. First time i did the tank full the bars(on the guage) lasted till 45 litres. This time on the tank fill they have lasted till 40 litres and after which the low fuel indicatory came alive.
Sid
This happens when you try to use the auto cutoff. The fuel pump stops when it senses the back pressure in the fuel tank. This actually would imply that the tank is full but in most situations happens due to an airlock in the tank. If you start pumping fuel slowly after the auto cutoff, you allow the air trapped inside to escape and can actually fill in more fuel.

In order to avoid such differences, the most reliable way to measure your fuel efficiency is to fill up fuel beyond the auto cutoff and top up the tank so that you can see the fuel level.
Old 23rd October 2012, 01:34   #1232
AWD
BHPian

Duster is quite popular on Tbhp, which model are bhpians choosing?

How much of a difference is there between 85 & 110PS models w.r.t pick-up/speed?

Any info. on parts prices, paid service costs?

Any niggling problems cropping up so far?
Old 23rd October 2012, 10:43   #1233
BHPian

Renault D Cross Concept.
Looks Wicked.
Renault Duster : Official Review-renaultdcrossconcept.jpg
Renault Duster : Official Review-2012renaultdcross.jpg
The color combination looks stunning, so the LED lights.
Source http://www.motorbeam.com/cars/renaul...ails-pictures/
h.s.r is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2012, 14:30   #1234
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWD View Post
Duster is quite popular on Tbhp, which model are bhpians choosing?

How much of a difference is there between 85 & 110PS models w.r.t pick-up/speed?

Any info. on parts prices, paid service costs?

Any niggling problems cropping up so far?
Well I chose 85 RXL (White), because I wanted a diesel and that's what my budget permitted. I am still within the run in period. The pick up till 2500 rpm is very good and as said by everyone, it's a breeze driving the 85 in stop and go (bumper to bumper) traffic.

Well few niggles which are a daily irritant are:
- Poor FM reception. Reported by few others as well. Planning to take it up during first service
- Echo to receiver while using BT
- Dirty water marks and dirt accumulation on the inside of the doors. probably because of no beeding on the doors.
- Not able to change FM channels from steering mounted controls
- Unable to figure out, how to control ipod from steering controls (Not sure whether that's even possible)

But overall the car is enjoyable and does turn heads.

Regards
Rohit

Last edited by moralfibre : 23rd October 2012 at 16:21. Reason: Please note that high speed mentions are not permitted on the forum.
engrohit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2012, 14:40   #1235
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by h.s.r View Post
Renault D Cross Concept.
Looks Wicked.
That looks like DC's work.

Isnt it?

Last edited by zen kobane : 23rd October 2012 at 14:53.
Old 23rd October 2012, 17:59   #1236
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeshmani View Post
They have included it in the on-road price. This is the breakup:

Ex-Showroom Price 10, 48, 481.00
Insurance 37, 950.00
Road Tax 1, 97, 850.00 ()
Delivery Charges 7,000.00
Accessories 2,913.00
-------------------------------------
Total 12, 94, 195.00
-------------------------------------

I might be able to save some money on insurance if I look outside I guess.
Everyone, I had earlier said that I was not charged the Rs 7000 handling charges and Rs 3000 for accessories. I apologize for the wrong info, I was indeed charged for both these. Today while taking out the file I checked it. It never registered in my memory because it was always there right from the beginning included in the "on-road" price.
suchit23 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2012, 18:56   #1237
AWD
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by engrohit View Post
Well I chose 85 RXL The pick up till 2500 rpm is very good and as said by everyone, it's a breeze driving the 85 in stop and go (bumper to bumper) traffic
Im not well versed to the Duster model line-up, guess 85 RXL is the middle variant because base does not stereo, again if Im not wrong!

Any features you really miss in the variant? Hope FE display is there, ABS may be absent. Interior dash trim is all grey or beige + grey with a dash of silver linings..?

The niggles which you mentioned, if that's all, I sincerely don't mind.

I TD'ed 110 PS variant as that is the only which they have for TD's. Found the pick-up to be Ok. You must have driven both, so what's the difference between the pick up/speed of both?

Did you enquire about spare parts prices & paid service costs?
Old 23rd October 2012, 20:05   #1238
BHPian

@ Rohit, Apart from AWD queries, could you also tell me about the clutch in 85ps Duster ? Is it equally hard as the 110 ps?
Old 23rd October 2012, 20:49   #1239
BHPian

@ Ramesh, I personally feel that when one talks of the clutch, it is a very subjective thing. I used to drive an Alto and when I compare that to the Duster, the clutch on the duster feels lighter. My only grouch with the Duster clutch is the foot placement when one has to press the clutch. The position feels a little strange.

Over filling the fuel (Topping up) it seems will create havoc on the fuel sensors. So that still leaves the question as to how much fuel to fill for a full tank???
50 liters + what will be the correct amount. I talked to the service people and they said that the fuel tank capacity is 50 liters and another 2 - 5 liters might go in, but as Neil pointed out, he could fill in about 70 liters to get a full tank. So very confusing.
Old 23rd October 2012, 23:20   #1240
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWD View Post
Im not well versed to the Duster model line-up, guess 85 RXL is the middle variant because base does not stereo, again if Im not wrong!

Any features you really miss in the variant? Hope FE display is there, ABS may be absent. Interior dash trim is all grey or beige + grey with a dash of silver linings..?

The niggles which you mentioned, if that's all, I sincerely don't mind.

I TD'ed 110 PS variant as that is the only which they have for TD's. Found the pick-up to be Ok. You must have driven both, so what's the difference between the pick up/speed of both?

Did you enquire about spare parts prices & paid service costs?
Yes AWD, this is the middle version considering the fact that there is an Option pack available above this which includes Airbags, ABS, EBD, Alloys, Rear Parking sensor etc. If you search this thread with specific words you would find whole lot of information reg other niggles reported by users and there are fairly good no. of ownership reviews also.
FE display is there and the interior trim is gray+beige with silver lining on doors. Did not ask specifically about spare prices, but I am planning to go to the dealer this weekend (he is just 1.5 KM from my home) and would try and get as much as possible on this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameshdude View Post
@ Rohit, Apart from AWD queries, could you also tell me about the clutch in 85ps Duster ? Is it equally hard as the 110 ps?
It does feel heavy in 85 as compared to 110. And as pointed out by people, there is something wrong with the placement or space around the clutch. I wear a size 10 shoe and the toe end of the shoe gets stuck onto the front wall of the car while depressing the clutch fully.
Old 24th October 2012, 07:42   #1241
BHPian

Some Ideas On Duster Modifications

The DCross Concept must indicate the launch of Duster in Brazil. Why show it as a concept when we have a production ready? Are we looking at the "Kewl" factor here?

Renault Duster : Official Review-02renaultdcrossconcept.jpg

Our Indian Duster owners can take a clue or two from the DCross. The Grille, rear lights are standpoints. Hope some accessories close to these are made by other aftermarket shops.

Last edited by Eminenttismo : 24th October 2012 at 07:47.
Eminenttismo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th October 2012, 08:17   #1242
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by h.s.r
Renault D Cross Concept.
Looks Wicked.

Source http://www.motorbeam.com/cars/renaul...ails-pictures/
Looks like a moon buggy that I had many years ago as a matchbox toy. That one was a sort of freelander type thing on steroids because at the time the freelander per se did not exist.
All in all that DC Duster looks really mean...
Old 24th October 2012, 09:34   #1243
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docster View Post
I wanted to know as to how much diesel fills up in the tank? The manual says it is a 50 liter tank, but on getting a full tank I had to fill up 70 liters and that too with at least 4 liters in the tank. Now the best part, the reading is 600 Kms, the fuel gauge shows more than 1/2 tank and fuel used is showing 37.5 liters. STRANGE.
Pal,

My suggestion is, if possible, fill from your nearest shell petroleum once. Nothing beats shell when it comes to delivering the exact quantity of fuel. The calibration of fuel pumps in IOC, BP, HP fuel stations are not done and certified very often. You will have a definite deviation with the quantity of fuel between these. Try this if possible, so that we can rule out that possibility also and later point fingers confidently at Renault.
Old 24th October 2012, 11:52   #1244
BHPian

Went to Renault showroom yesterday, where i have booked Duster.
Dealer earlier refused to entertain price protection for those who booked before 31 Aug 12, now agreed in the form of 40K discount.
The discount will be only on ex showroom price that means i have to pay registration and insurance as per new rates.I still have to shell out 8K more as compared to older rates.
Any one else in the same situation.
I had decided if dealer would pay price protection only then i would go for Duster.
So now i am now waiting for delivery.
Unfortunately now i cannot go for variant change, which i wanted to do,but that's not a deal broker i guess.
Old 24th October 2012, 12:16   #1245
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharanvenu View Post
Pal,

My suggestion is, if possible, fill from your nearest shell petroleum once.
Diesel from Shell? Thats a no no. They only sell premium diesel and as per the latest price hikes for premium diesel it retails at Rs 68/l, a whooping 17 bucks more than normal diesel.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks