Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th October 2012, 11:07   #1201
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docster
Finally after 6 attempts at becoming a member on Team-BHP, membership finally accepted.
So here goes: I took the delivery of a white RXL (O) on the 27th of Sept after having to fight with my dealer here. I was being told that I would be getting the delivery some time in October and had to really pile on the pressure to get it before the 30th of September.
I've done about 600 Kms with just 1 run of a 100 kms on the highway, and am getting an average of 15.3 at present.
I wanted to know as to how much diesel fills up in the tank? The manual says it is a 50 liter tank, but on getting a full tank I had to fill up 70 liters and that too with at least 4 liters in the tank. Now the best part, the reading is 600 Kms, the fuel gauge shows more than 1/2 tank and fuel used is showing 37.5 liters. STRANGE.
Welcome to TBHP. That is indeed very strange. It takes only 43-44 liters for me to tank full. And I fill up when the light goes on. So the remaining reserve of around 5 liters adds up to 50 liters capacity. I am sure because I record my fill ups using an Android app.
Old 19th October 2012, 11:15   #1202
BANNED

Re: Renault Duster : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docster View Post
Finally after 6 attempts at becoming a member on Team-BHP, membership finally accepted.
So here goes: I took the delivery of a white RXL (O) on the 27th of Sept after having to fight with my dealer here. I was being told that I would be getting the delivery some time in October and had to really pile on the pressure to get it before the 30th of September.
I've done about 600 Kms with just 1 run of a 100 kms on the highway, and am getting an average of 15.3 at present.
I wanted to know as to how much diesel fills up in the tank? The manual says it is a 50 liter tank, but on getting a full tank I had to fill up 70 liters and that too with at least 4 liters in the tank. Now the best part, the reading is 600 Kms, the fuel gauge shows more than 1/2 tank and fuel used is showing 37.5 liters. STRANGE.
Docster, I'm sure that Fuel pump guy has cheated you. Currently I've Logan and it also has same fuel capacity what Duster is having and I always insist on Full Tank at Fuel Station and never found that Logan Fuel is taking more fuel than its capacity +/1 1-2 Ltr. (if Fuel pump is faulty)

Also whenever you go for Full Tank filling, always reset the ODO Meter, specially Trip Meters and remaining other Display counters like KM/L, KM/H, etc.

Last edited by micrographics : 19th October 2012 at 11:16. Reason: Added more info
Old 19th October 2012, 11:23   #1203
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suchit23 View Post
I am sure because I record my fill ups using an Android app.
Hi Suchit,

Which Android app you are using for this ?

Thanks,
Sam
Old 19th October 2012, 11:25   #1204
BHPian

All duster owners,

Kindly share how much different dealerships charged as handling charges.

I'm afraid there is a new scam budding.
Old 19th October 2012, 11:43   #1205
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharanvenu View Post
All duster owners,

None for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam_boy View Post
Hi Suchit,

Which Android app you are using for this ?

Thanks,
Sam
Its called FuelLog. See below, please ignore the last fuel economy, that was because I only filled up Rs 500, it works well if you always tank full.
Attached Thumbnails
Renault Duster : Official Review-screenshot_20121019113730.png  

suchit23 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2012, 12:24   #1206
BHPian

[quote=suchit23;2937616]None for me.

No handling charges, great .

Last week I booked my 85PS Duster at Renault Whitefield (Krishnajapuram Rd).
They have listed handling charges of Rs 7000 . I explicitly asked them if this can not be removed. They refused.

Please let me know where you bought your Duster from? I am assuming its in Bangalore. Clearly I need to speak to my dealer again.
Old 19th October 2012, 12:40   #1207
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeshmani View Post
No handling charges, great .

Last week I booked my 85PS Duster at Renault Whitefield (Krishnajapuram Rd).
They have listed handling charges of Rs 7000 . I explicitly asked them if this can not be removed. They refused.

Please let me know where you bought your Duster from? I am assuming its in Bangalore. Clearly I need to speak to my dealer again.
AFAIK, the both the Renault dealerships in Bangalore are owned by a single entity i.e. Trident Motors. So, if there are any handling charges levied, I guess both dealerships would levy the same. Btw, did they charge this separately or was it included in the on-road price?

These guys also have Hyundai and Chevrolet dealerships in Bangalore.
Old 19th October 2012, 13:34   #1208
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by addyhemmige View Post
AFAIK, the both the Renault dealerships in Bangalore are owned by a single entity i.e. Trident Motors. So, if there are any handling charges levied, I guess both dealerships would levy the same. Btw, did they charge this separately or was it included in the on-road price?

These guys also have Hyundai and Chevrolet dealerships in Bangalore.
They have included it in the on-road price. This is the breakup:

Ex-Showroom Price 10, 48, 481.00
Insurance 37, 950.00
Road Tax 1, 97, 850.00 ()
Delivery Charges 7,000.00
Accessories 2,913.00
-------------------------------------
Total 12, 94, 195.00
-------------------------------------

I might be able to save some money on insurance if I look outside I guess.

Last edited by sumeshmani : 19th October 2012 at 13:36.
sumeshmani is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2012, 14:17   #1209
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Its called FuelLog. See below, please ignore the last fuel economy, that was because I only filled up Rs 500, it works well if you always tank full.
OT:

I would suggest to get the pro version of this app for about 100-150 /-.
The only aspect its adds is that you can now export it to an excel file which you can then save in your computer.

A worthy feature if you want to track your mileage and other statistics over long periods.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2012, 14:43   #1210
BHPian

Folks... How is the general service quality of Renault in cities? (especially Bangalore and metros). Heard not-so-good reviews from ex-city limit centers.

Also any idea of service costs and periodic replacement part costs?

For example: Oil Filter, Diesel Filter, Air filter, Engine Oil and Service charges.
Old 19th October 2012, 21:10   #1211
BHPian

Quote:
...I wanted to know as to how much diesel fills up in the tank? The manual says it is a 50 liter tank, but on getting a full tank I had to fill up 70 liters and that too with at least 4 liters in the tank. ..
The useable volume of the fuel tank is 50 l. The manual advices to use the tank-full sensor of the pump and after cut-off, try two more times on tank-full so as to maximise the intake.

Quote:
Try 'My Cars' by Davag. Its free very comprehensive and does not have any ads. Has option for card back-up or export and even for on-line back-up of saved data. Units including currency are selectable. Full tank and partial-tank refill options are given. Also has time and / or mileage options for service reminders. The good author has only requested for donations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharanvenu View Post
All duster owners,

I believe you are right. The Trivandrum TVS chap charges 6K (or was it 7k?) towards "logistics charges" for transportation of the Duster, etc.
Rigid Rotor is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th October 2012, 00:28   #1212
BHPian

Thanks guys for the welcome.
I too was very surprised by the amount of fuel filled. but here are some of the latest photographs of the on board comp. I still can't understand what is right, the manual or the car computer.

Renault Duster : Official Review-kms-run-fueling.jpg

Renault Duster : Official Review-kms-empty.jpg

Renault Duster : Official Review-average.jpg

Renault Duster : Official Review-fuel-used.jpg

Waiting for some observations on this.

I was charged 7000/- as handling charges, and the dealership was very fixed on the idea that it was something that everyone charged and was very much legal.
Old 20th October 2012, 09:06   #1213
BANNED

Quote:
Thanks guys for the welcome.
I too was very surprised by the amount of fuel filled. but here are some of the latest photographs of the on board comp. I still can't understand what is right, the manual or the car computer.

Attachment 1002714

Attachment 1002716

Attachment 1002717

Attachment 1002718

Waiting for some observations on this.

I was charged 7000/- as handling charges, and the dealership was very fixed on the idea that it was something that everyone charged and was very much legal.
@Docster

The image showing KM to go i.e. 298 @ 15.6 KM/L is exactly equal to fuel what you have in your duster Fuel Tank.

298 / 15.6 = 19.10 Ltrs. of fuel left.

Each Box on Fuel Gauge is of approx. 5 Ltr.

The largest block at bottom is approx. 7.5 Ltr.
Old 20th October 2012, 20:57   #1214
BHPian

So that would mean that I have used up 46.5 liters of fuel and I have about 19 liters in the tank putting the total in the range of 66 liters. Now that is way beyond the 50 liter limit that the manual says.

What is the amount of fuel that the other owners have filled up for a full tank?
Old 20th October 2012, 23:17   #1215
BHPian

Quote:
So that would mean that I have used up 46.5 liters of fuel and I have about 19 liters in the tank putting the total in the range of 66 liters. Now that is way beyond the 50 liter limit that the manual says.

What is the amount of fuel that the other owners have filled up for a full tank?
That Indeed is more weird than anything we have read or heard about Duster till date. I have filled 50 Ltrs (Tank full) twice since I got delivery of my 85 RXL.
It's really scary to even think what else Renault has got up their sleeves.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks