Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th December 2012, 11:20   #1651
BHPian

Re: Renault Duster : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by micrographics View Post
Today while visiting my Doctor, I saw one white color Duster RXL (used one) for Sale.

I assume it was 85 BHP and the dealer told it is 4 months old.

It had 5 Spoke Silver Blank Alloys. I think it belongs to some Fellow TBHP member.
Not surprising Rakeshji. You might find a graphite gray 85PS RxL(O) also very soon. The honeymoon is over. Duster is a nice car but Renault is not backing it up well with their service. They are taking Indian customers for granted. My email regarding the leaking of water is still not acknowledged.

My family is already talking of selling it off while there is still demand. Talk about killing a goose that was going to lay golden eggs!
Old 8th December 2012, 11:49   #1652
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodcrawler View Post
Not surprising Rakeshji. You might find a graphite gray 85PS RxL(O) also very soon. The honeymoon is over. Duster is a nice car but Renault is not backing it up well with their service. They are taking Indian customers for granted. My email regarding the leaking of water is still not acknowledged.

My family is already talking of selling it off while there is still demand. Talk about killing a goose that was going to lay golden eggs!

Well in that case how much do you expect for an 3 months old 85RXL(o) taking into consideration the recent 40,000 price hike?

Even I am in the same boat after my recent horrible experience with the service guys and I am wondering how these guys are going to cope in future when lot more Dusters are sold and brought for service.

My two problems in regard to FM reception and BT echo has not been addressed in spite of repeated reminders the only answer from the SA is they are waiting for a patch to the software or replacement from Renault and those fellows are not in a mood to rectify or find a solution to it soon.

Compare Renault with Honda and Toyota where they are recalling vehicles with defect in mass and rectifying at their cost and that shows their commitment to the customers satisfaction level.

Last edited by sathyaprakash : 8th December 2012 at 11:51.
sathyaprakash is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2012, 11:52   #1653
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by XLR8 View Post
I am going to be one of the first one's to book the 4WD version.
Renault, hope you are listening
I will beat you to it :-). I too am waiting for a 4WD version to replace my 4WD Scorpio. If they don't launch by 1st quarter of next year, I will be forced to go for an AWD XUV500 or Storme 4WD.

They thing is that Renault is snug as they don't have much competition in this segment as other options in the price rage are very much inferior to the Duster, but this will change once other roll out their compact SUVs in the coming year including Nissan's version of the duster.

In India many models become a hit mostly because there is limited competition in that segment.

Last edited by 4x4addict : 8th December 2012 at 11:54.
4x4addict is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2012, 12:05   #1654
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathyaprakash View Post
Well in that case how much do you expect for an 3 months old 85RXL(o) taking into consideration the recent 40,000 price hike?

Even I am in the same boat after my recent horrible experience with the service guys and I am wondering how these guys are going to cope in future when lot more Dusters are sold and brought for service.

My two problems in regard to FM reception and BT echo has not been addressed in spite of repeated reminders the only answer from the SA is they are waiting for a patch to the software or replacement from Renault and those fellows are not in a mood to rectify or find a solution to it soon.

Compare Renault with Honda and Toyota where they are recalling vehicles with defect in mass and rectifying at their cost and that shows their commitment to the customers satisfaction level.
Aah! Welcome to the gang bro . I have started a separate thread for problems with the Duster so that we can pool compare notes and pool resources. Please contribute your thoughts here

Thanks,

Rajesh
Old 8th December 2012, 12:44   #1655
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathyaprakash View Post
What I have been told is that the manufacturer is very much aware of the problems with respect to FM reception and BT echo. Renault is testing new software and within a month, all vehicles will be recalled for this software upgradation.

Another issue they are working on is the audio system, which in some vehicles produced before Sept 2012, is switching off within 10-15 minutes of switching on. First they will run a diagnostic and cancel error codes (whatever that may mean!) and the system should work just fine. If the problem still persists, the dealer is supposed to register a warranty claim and fit you with a brand new ICE!

Hope this helps!
Rada is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th December 2012, 13:16   #1656
BHPian

Scary, to already hear service issues and lacking customer support from Renault.
I had booked my Duster in September and was looking forward to the delivery around next March/April.
Now when i see fellow members planing to sell Duster, i am left confused. As it is I was stretching my budget
to pay the almost 13L on-road price (Bangalore). To add to that, we have had a price hike,
spare wheel being changed to steel from alloy.
The only thing that kept me on-track was the feedback on Duster on team-bhp.
I plan to keep the car for long term (~5-8 years). So I was hoping Renault would build a better and larger
service network as the sales continue to top the chart.
To sum it up
I wonder if Renault will ever take us seriously or will just have the "LOOT" mentality.
Old 8th December 2012, 14:11   #1657
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rada

What I have been told is that the manufacturer is very much aware of the problems with respect to FM reception and BT echo. Renault is testing new software and within a month, all vehicles will be recalled for this software upgradation.

Another issue they are working on is the audio system, which in some vehicles produced before Sept 2012, is switching off within 10-15 minutes of switching on. First they will run a diagnostic and cancel error codes (whatever that may mean!) and the system should work just fine. If the problem still persists, the dealer is supposed to register a warranty claim and fit you with a brand new ICE!

Hope this helps!
In last 3 days, my cd player has hung twice. It starts producing a long continuous beep sound, which just roasts your brain. The engine has to be cut down for atleast 10 mins before ICE resumes operation. 2nd time my colleagues were sitting with me in car and it gave them perfect opportunity to take some pot shots at my prized possession.
engrohit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2012, 19:31   #1658
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rada View Post

I had a similar issue & resolved it myself.

Details as under:-

Cause- I pulled out a mobile charger from the cigarette lighter adapter with the power supply ON (Ignition key was in accessory mode and powering the lighter. There was probably a minor spark because the mobile charger was pulled out with the power on. As a result the affected fuse blew.

Effect. The Radio went dead and so did the mobile charger points (both). However, when I pressed the radio power button OFF and then ON, the radio came back on-line. But the radio would now auto-switch OFF exactly every 10 minutes. The reason? - Well, it also gets a signal from the ignition, which is also the supply line given to the mobile chargers. I reasoned that out since the manual says that the radio with the ignition OFF will auto-switch OFF after 10 min, if left ON. And since the charging points were also dead - hence 2+2.

Rectification, took about 10 min - I opened the fuse box cover on the left outer portion of the dashboard panel. The box cover has a nice easy to read pictorial representation of which services are assigned to which fuses. Pulled out the appropriate 15 amp fuse for the radio- found it had blown and replaced with a spare.

Voila - all normal thereafter. Am now careful to pull out chargers only after the power is totally off.

Hope this helps !

Last edited by Rigid Rotor : 8th December 2012 at 19:32.
Rigid Rotor is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th December 2012, 21:13   #1659
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xploSID View Post
I booked mine in Delhi on 20th of July. I was promised a delivery date in mid Nov. Then it was postponed to Dec. Now January. I hope you get yours by Jan. That will ensure i get mine by then.
Is it worth waiting that much for any vehicle? I am simply confounded by this attitude on part of Renault. Awaiting the Ecosport. The way the waiting list for the 85 bhp variants is going, chances are that the Ecosport will be delivered close to the expected date for Duster. ( provided Ford launches by February.)
Old 8th December 2012, 21:50   #1660
AWD
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeshmani View Post
Scary, to already hear service issues and lacking customer support from Renault.
I had booked my Duster in September
Now when i see fellow members planing to sell Duster, i am left confused
Guess I missed the Service issues part faced by owners of Duster on t-bhp alongwith members wanting to sell it. Could you please point me towards to posts/threads which speak of these issues...

I've also booked a Duster but the thought of Renault's service standards still irks me at times to the point that I want to cancel the booking. If memebrs here confirm these fears, Im pretty much done with it already!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajneeesh View Post
Is it worth waiting that much for any vehicle? Ecosport will be delivered close to the expected date for Duster
I believe Renault will try hard to deliver previously booked vehicles before Ecosport launch to do its part in taking the fizz out of new vehicle launch.

Last edited by bblost : 8th December 2012 at 22:24. Reason: back 2 back
Old 8th December 2012, 22:01   #1661
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rigid Rotor View Post
I had a similar issue & resolved it myself.

Details as under:-

Cause- I pulled out a mobile charger from the cigarette lighter adapter with the power supply ON (Ignition key was in accessory mode and powering the lighter. There was probably a minor spark because the mobile charger was pulled out with the power on. As a result the affected fuse blew.

Effect. The Radio went dead and so did the mobile charger points (both). However, when I pressed the radio power button OFF and then ON, the radio came back on-line. But the radio would now auto-switch OFF exactly every 10 minutes. The reason? - Well, it also gets a signal from the ignition, which is also the supply line given to the mobile chargers. I reasoned that out since the manual says that the radio with the ignition OFF will auto-switch OFF after 10 min, if left ON. And since the charging points were also dead - hence 2+2.

Rectification, took about 10 min - I opened the fuse box cover on the left outer portion of the dashboard panel. The box cover has a nice easy to read pictorial representation of which services are assigned to which fuses. Pulled out the appropriate 15 amp fuse for the radio- found it had blown and replaced with a spare.

Voila - all normal thereafter. Am now careful to pull out chargers only after the power is totally off.

Hope this helps !

I have not used the cigarette lighter adapter even once in the past three months and still my HU hung more than 3-5 times on different occasions mostly while I toggle with the media songs stored in my Sony pen drive and the worst part is it refuses to come alive after repeated attempts but chooses its own way of correction which I am still not aware of.
Old 8th December 2012, 22:06   #1662
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
I will beat you to it :-). I too am waiting for a 4WD version to replace my 4WD Scorpio. If they don't launch by 1st quarter of next year, I will be forced to go for an AWD XUV500 or Storme 4WD.

including Nissan's version of the duster.
If Nissan is reading this, I hope they launch the 4X4 variant along with regular 4X2 ones. And please Nissan, not just top-end ones. Basic kit along with ABS & rear wash/wipe shall do the job.

Hope Renault listens to its aggrieved customers & rectifies the faults.
Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2012, 22:26   #1663
BHPian

Visited trident renault today. Sales guy said min 9 months for 85 P.s Diesel engine. 110 waiting period was 3 months apparently. How is the scene in other cities?
Old 8th December 2012, 22:51   #1664
BHPian

Hi all,

Encountering a problem with the USB playback. It just refuses to play newly copied songs from the USB. I tried renaming the folders, cutting and pasting back all the folders once, but it simply doesn't detect new songs. Please advise.
Old 9th December 2012, 05:38   #1665
BHPian

Had visited my dealership in Hyderabad to check on the status of my delivery. I had been reading that the 85bhp models no longer have an alloy spare. Was hoping that at least the top end rxz would not have the same case. However the dealer confirmed that even the new rxz models also do not have an alloy in the spare. Also the delivery time has come down to a couple of weeks for the 110 top end models.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks