Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 13th December 2012, 09:30   #1711
BHPian

Re: Renault Duster : Official Review

@amitdan, I have taken my vehicle delivery on temporary registration and registered it on my own at Hyderabad RTA. Of course, the dealer has given all the documents to me (including tax receipts) with in 2 weeks after the delivery.
nistala is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2012, 13:41   #1712
Team-BHP Support

Some mods for Duster. They also talk of an ECU remap from 110 to 122.

http://www.rushlane.com/renault-dust...d-1255398.html

Last edited by ampere : 13th December 2012 at 13:42.
Old 13th December 2012, 17:34   #1713
Senior - BHPian

Does the 110 RXL duster have atleast ABS/EBD, i went to a dealer in Delhi today and the salesman told me that Rxl doesnt even have abs whereas i read on renault site that rxl 110 has abs?
Old 13th December 2012, 18:19   #1714
BHPian

@ampere, clouseau, mpksuhas, micrographics: Thank you all for responding to my post !!!

It seems like the situation in NCR is slightly different. Even though I need to get Delhi registration- the dealer provided me with a Haryana (Gurgaon) temp registration (since I assume their main branch is in Gurgaon or coz of their RTO connections)

The validity of this temp registration is 1 month from the date of issue and the dealer is supposed to apply for Permanent registration within this time.

In Delhi, the system would probably be similar to what is there in Bangalore.
Infact the dealer actually have Login IDs to register their new vehicles.
BUT, the Delhi RTO has not given this facility to any of the Renault dealers till now (probably due to low sales etc) and hence the old "contact" system comes into play here.

@closeau: I spoke to Pankaj & Bashir too.. Seems like their contact at the RTO is no more. Literally.
And he says that they have lost/misplaced some files and are in the process of compiling data. I asked them for a timeline and he responded that things will be done in 2-3days.
He also said that "most probably your registration would already have been done" !

I will give them time till the weekend and then I go all guns blazing at their showroom on Sat/Sun and gonna give them a royal scre$ing
BUXX is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2012, 18:32   #1715

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
Does the 110 RXL duster have atleast ABS/EBD, i went to a dealer in Delhi today and the salesman told me that Rxl doesnt even have abs whereas i read on renault site that rxl 110 has abs?
Yes the 110 RXL has ABS/EBD but no airbags, while the 85 RXL does not, you have to go for the 85RXL(O) for the said features.

He was probably mistaken between the 110 and 85.
superdunkaroos is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2012, 22:59   #1716

Friends, Its been 2 weeks since I took the delivery of my Duster 110PS. Am absolutely loving the away it handles herself. Have clocked 1750 kilometres. I am trying to maintain RPM under 2.5. However I have touched 120KMPH on few occasions on highways.
I took my Duster for light off-roading in a Jungle area near Mehrauli (Delhi). Never once the duster lost its composure. Posting few pics.
Attached Thumbnails
Renault Duster : Official Review-9.jpg  

Renault Duster : Official Review-1.jpg  

Renault Duster : Official Review-2.jpg  

Renault Duster : Official Review-3.jpg  

Renault Duster : Official Review-4.jpg  

Renault Duster : Official Review-5.jpg  

Renault Duster : Official Review-6.jpg  

Renault Duster : Official Review-7.jpg  

Renault Duster : Official Review-8.jpg  

nariyani is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th December 2012, 07:01   #1717
BHPian

Lovely pictures. But, I like to address the car in muscular gender, because, it has such manly looks. When I see the above pictures inside the jungle, I have a feeling of, an elephant roaming around secretly.

Last edited by vskesavan : 14th December 2012 at 07:08. Reason: better reading
vskesavan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2012, 10:47   #1718
BHPian

Hi Duster experts,

It seem my woes are endless.

I had a new experience today. The engine started revving spontaneously while driving and I had to switch off for about 15 seconds on a busy road to get the problem to settle. The nearest service center is in Coimbatore and I'm due to give my car for service on 18th.

Have anyone had a similar experience of engine racing automatically in a running car?

I have posted a thread under 'Technical Stuff'. Please give your inputs there.

The link is here.

Thanks,

Rajesh
Old 14th December 2012, 11:40   #1719
vij
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xploSID View Post
I again went to the Renault Showroom (Sprint - South Delhi) to inquire about the whereabouts of my Duster. My nightmare came true. Now the delivery date is further postponed to Feb. I had booked a Diesel RXE (85 ps) in Woodland Brown on 20th of July. The sales manager told me, that they are yet to deliver a few cars booked in June. Apparently, Renault is sending only 2-3 Diesel RXEs in a lot of 100 cars. Are we third world beggars to be treated like this ? I am seriously contemplating taking my deposit and pre-booking a Ford Ecosport. Even though i was one of the first to trust the brand and put down my money on the Duster, this turn of events has left a bitter after-taste.
Dont know what the delays and stuff are about

Going to the dealer in hyderabad to collect my 'father in laws' Duster RXE Petrol. We were offered next day delivery on the day of booking(a month back) but my FIL refused as he is only just beginning to shift from Kolkata. A month passed and dealer called again with another Duster RXE Petrol ready for delivery. hoho!
Old 14th December 2012, 15:02   #1720
BHPian

A new twist in my Duster (85PS RXL(O)) Booking tale:

Dealer has called me up to check whether I have got the delivery already or not. I enquired back as to why they have no record of bookings and delivery. She said there is some confusion in their bookings record and they are not able to make out who all have got delivery and who have not. I shouted and called up the Manager. He apologised and tried to cover up by saying that they just wanted to know whether we have taken delivery from some other dealer due to the delay here.

I lost the trust and complained to Renault Customer care. No response till 2/3 reminders. Then I wrote a complaint in their Facebook page. 2 days later (yesterday) some one called back from Renault India and said that the normal delivery for my booking would be in March, but as a special case they will try to deliver in February. They confirmed that my booking is since Sept 06, 2012.

God knows what is Renault is upto. Obviously we are to blame for keeping the booking despite this behaviour of Renault.

One thing is for sure. Often we think Foreign MNCs are better managed than Indian counterparts. Skoda, VW and now Renault is proving it otherwise.

ramesh
Old 14th December 2012, 15:21   #1721

Quote:
Originally Posted by vij View Post

Going to the dealer in hyderabad to collect my 'father in laws' Duster RXE Petrol. We were offered next day delivery on the day of booking(a month back) but my FIL refused as he is only just beginning to shift from Kolkata. A month passed and dealer called again with another Duster RXE Petrol ready for delivery. hoho!
Petrol versions are available off the shelf, or so i have heard. But when it comes to the Diesel ones, its a different story altogether
Old 14th December 2012, 16:13   #1722
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vij View Post

Dear Vij

I have been serching this forum like a madman since three months for a Petrol Duster owner .
And now I have found you
Please do write a detailed ownership review , difference between diesel and petrol , what you have liked and what not vis a vis diesel variants , FE, city driveability , highway driving capabilities, accessories planned ( as RXE is bare bone ) etc.
I am eagerly looking forward to this ,hoping to see your comments soon.
Thanks n best regards
Old 14th December 2012, 17:30   #1723
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUXX View Post
[b]

@closeau: I spoke to Pankaj & Bashir too.. Seems like their contact at the RTO is no more. Literally.
And he says that they have lost/misplaced some files and are in the process of compiling data. I asked them for a timeline and he responded that things will be done in 2-3days.
He also said that "most probably your registration would already have been done" !

I will give them time till the weekend and then I go all guns blazing at their showroom on Sat/Sun and gonna give them a royal scre$ing
Hi BUXX,

I'm sure your registration would have been done by now. Would suggest you make daily visits to the dealership and go through the files. In fact I had to also go through their registration file to track down my permanent number when that registration guy was "not sure" if it had been done. When they saw me going through their file they sure got a little more animated and energetic! And sure enough we found it...

G'd luck - Cheers!
Old 14th December 2012, 22:05   #1724
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodcrawler View Post
Hi Duster experts,

It seem my woes are endless.

I had a new experience today. The engine started revving spontaneously while driving and I had to switch off for about 15 seconds on a busy road to get the problem to settle. The nearest service center is in Coimbatore and I'm due to give my car for service on 18th...
I have posted a thread under 'Technical Stuff'. Please give your inputs there.
Rajesh,
I agree with N Devdath's response in the other thread - please ensure that the mat or any other object was not fouling with the accelerator pedal.

If you ensure the same and the problem re-occurs, you will need to show it to the technical staff immediately.
Rigid Rotor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2012, 07:13   #1725
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rigid Rotor View Post
Rajesh,
I agree with N Devdath's response in the other thread - please ensure that the mat or any other object was not fouling with the accelerator pedal.

If you ensure the same and the problem re-occurs, you will need to show it to the technical staff immediately.
Thanks Rigid rotor, but I'm sure about that part. Nothing fouling with the pedal. It has not occurred again and if it does, I'm due for service on 18th anyway.

Most Viewed