Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th December 2012, 21:13   #1696
BHPian

Re: Renault Duster : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by micrographics View Post
Doctor,

The guy is selling 110 RXL with Allows MINUS Airbags.

I've driven both 85 and 110 and definitely 85 is better suited for city driving and 110 for highway cruising and I know how Renault engine behaves because I own Logan at present.

The person selling 110 RXL is shifting abroad on a job assignment for 2 years and he is not able to keep the vehicle idle hence selling it.

I just thought of provided he agrees to my offer.
Yes Sir,
I know you still have that Logan. I have mentioned in another place that between the Renault K9 engine and the Fiat Multijet (in my Punto), I've started liking the K9 better. I wish Renault would take care of their QC as they take care of their engines

If you get a good offer grab it with both hands. I'm sure the first Dusters may not have all the niggles that we are experiencing. If you are not going to fly on the highway I guess absence of an airbag will not matter. I still own cars without airbags. Besides, I also have an experience of my Optra hitting the rear wheels of a double axle truck at close to 140 kmph and the airbags did not open. That car is solid so all five of us lived to tell the tale with nothing but bruised egos.

Happy buying, and hope to see you join the Duster family,

Rajesh
woodcrawler is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2012, 00:30   #1697
Senior - BHPian

Renault Duster 4×4 likely to be launched in March 2013

Came across this article by CarToq, so thought of sharing among you all. It could be a very good car given if priced right. Mini SUV market is heating up given EcoSport impending launch.

Source.
Old 12th December 2012, 10:08   #1698
BHPian

Now I am facing a very peculiar problem. I got my RxL 85 (Option) on 11th Nov from Renault South Delhi dealer.
For the past 3 weeks , I have been calling them up and even went to their showroom - to get them to do my permanent registration.
My temporary registration expired on Monday and consequently I am now unable to drive the vehicle currently. Its parked at my home :((

No explanation at all from the dealer just false assurances that it will done "by today or tomorrow".
I suspect that they are just using that ~1Lac rs (of the registration money) as an interest free loan and using it as their own bl$$dy capital.

Clearly,as feared, this vehicle is going to be let down completely by the terrible Renault dealer network and after sales experience. (in my case, poor Sales experience)
The dealer are behaving like hungry wolves who are seeing money and footfall in their showrooms for the first time since they hitched their wagon to Renault and Renault seems too oblivious/uncaring to the whole mess.

Having said that, one model does not a success make and Renault may realize this soon when the Ecosport launches in another 2-3 months.

By that time, word of mouth negative publicity from current/prospective owners ; will spread even more...
BUXX is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2012, 11:06   #1699
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post
I strongly feel its a trick by dealers/Renault to convert 85 booking into 110 or Rxz

If you analyze the pattern as observed in this very same thread, it goes something like those who booked 85 variants get to opt for the 110 bhp variant for immediate delivery.
You may be right, probably Renault built up a larger inventory for 110 (specially white) and are now trying to clean it up and in the process gaining additional profits from people who are in a hurry to get the delivery and not willing to wait for the 85.
Old 12th December 2012, 12:59   #1700
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_upreti View Post
You may be right, probably Renault built up a larger inventory for 110 (specially white) and are now trying to clean it up and in the process gaining additional profits from people who are in a hurry to get the delivery and not willing to wait for the 85.
Why would they build up inventory ? every manufacturer has certain production capacity, so his production lines needs to be utilized for say Petrol/diesel or Lxi,Vxi,Zxi etc.

Successful models like Swift, Duster or Ertiga means the production lines are running at maximum capacity and only option they have is to bump up production of specific trims at the expense of lower production of other trims.

In case of Renault, what we are seeing is majority of us want the safety over extra power if offered at same price range, so its obvious that we want to go for 85(0) or plain 110. which roughly cost the same

But this is where Renault is playing greedy. they are forcing customers to change their mind and go for 110 variants either RxZ or RxL but not diverting more production of 85 bhp variants. Even a school kid will know higher end means more margins

If we compare this with what is happening with Maruti for Ertiga, They seem to have more lower trims but people are going for the high end with alloys. Totally opposite where dealers push you to go for Vdi or Zdi with steel wheels over Alloys

That sounds like a genuine production crunch, they are unable to meet the gap of Airbags or Alloys !! unlike in case of renault.

I only wish these booking systems were little more transparent to customers !!
Old 12th December 2012, 13:26   #1701
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUXX View Post
Now I am facing a very peculiar problem. I got my RxL 85 (Option) on 11th Nov from Renault South Delhi dealer.
For the past 3 weeks , I have been calling them up and even went to their showroom - to get them to do my permanent registration.
My temporary registration expired on Monday and consequently I am now unable to drive the vehicle currently. Its parked at my home :((
Pardon my ignorance, I am surprised. I thought they take the vehicle to the RTO and give the orginal documents
(road tax receipt, invoice etc) after registration.

The original documents of the car (now a smart card) comes almost after a month or two. But within the same day/next
day you get to know the registration number and you get the number plate done. So, till the smart card arrives, you can drive with the
invoice and road tax document copy. (Insurance documents would be there off course).

Is that not the case? I did not understand the temporary part.
Old 12th December 2012, 14:08   #1702
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
The original documents of the car (now a smart card) comes almost after a month or two. But within the same day/next
day you get to know the registration number and you get the number plate done. So, till the smart card arrives, you can drive with the
invoice and road tax document copy. (Insurance documents would be there off course).

This is exactly how it was done atleast in my case when I got my Verna. When the car was handed over to me the Advaith Hyundai guys had got the number plates done. I drove around for the first 2 months with the invoice and road tax copy till I got the smart card.

Yes, temporary registration part is a little unclear.

Last edited by champ27 : 12th December 2012 at 14:11.
Old 12th December 2012, 15:32   #1703
Distinguished - BHPian

Previously even in KA the process was like what Buxx has mentioned. You buy a vehicle, you are given a temporary registation with a validity of one month (?), pay life time tax and insurance along with that and you can drive around till validity of temporary registration is over. You are free to apply for permanent registration and get your RC book and number within that one month.
I guess the new system of getting registration done before handing over the vehicle was started some 3 years back. Not sure if the same is followed in all states or only few including KA.
Old 12th December 2012, 16:23   #1704
BHPian

Quote:
No explanation at all from the dealer just false assurances that it will done "by today or tomorrow".
I suspect that they are just using that ~1Lac rs (of the registration money) as an interest free loan and using it as their own bl$$dy capital.
By that time, word of mouth negative publicity from current/prospective owners ; will spread even more...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Pardon my ignorance, I am surprised. I thought they take the vehicle to the RTO and give the orginal documents
(road tax receipt, invoice etc) after registration.

Quote:
Originally Posted by champ27 View Post
This is exactly how it was done atleast in my case when I got my Verna. When the car was handed over to me the Advaith Hyundai guys had got the number plates done. I drove around for the first 2 months with the invoice and road tax copy till I got the smart card.

Yes, temporary registration part is a little unclear.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
Previously even in KA the process was like what Buxx has mentioned. You buy a vehicle, you are given a temporary registation with a validity of one month (?), pay life time tax and insurance along with that and you can drive around till validity of temporary registration is over. You are free to apply for permanent registration and get your RC book and number within that one month.
I guess the new system of getting registration done before handing over the vehicle was started some 3 years back. Not sure if the same is followed in all states or only few including KA.
Hi,

This is in response to BUXX's problem. I got my Duster from the same people. There wasn't any issue with them but it does require following up from you. There is no way they are sitting on the registration money because they can be prosecuted for that and quite frankly I saw the dealership as a decent bunch of guys - albeit a wee bit overwhelmed by the response to the Duster in July/August when i got my Duster.

Strongly advise you to go to the showroom YOUSELF and find that johnny who handles registrations. He is a bit of a smart alec so you will need to be patient. From him get a copy of the HSRP application which he would have got by now, or the proof of permanent number that he would have got already if the HSRP receipt is not yet available. You can then get them to (or independently) put you permanent number on a cardboard plate for the time being. You will then have to visit and follow up with the Pushp Vihar HSRP people for your actual HSRP number plate but the cardboard plate with the permanent number could be up in a day.

Let me know if you need more help/info. You can also contact Mohit/Pankaj for help at Sprint.

Cheers!
Old 12th December 2012, 16:31   #1705
BANNED

Quote:

Clearly,as feared, this vehicle is going to be let down completely by the terrible Renault dealer network and after sales experience. (in my case, poor Sales experience)
The dealer are behaving like hungry wolves who are seeing money and footfall in their showrooms for the first time since they hitched their wagon to Renault and Renault seems too oblivious/uncaring to the whole mess.

Having said that, one model does not a success make and Renault may realize this soon when the Ecosport launches in another 2-3 months.

Buxx

It looks like Dealer is playing with you otherwise you should have received Car Registration Number within 1 week as per Standard RTO Practice.

Give them final warning by visiting them in person and not over phone or email and if they say it will happen in a day or two then ask them to give in writing with clause that if they fail to perform they will refund full TAX Amount alongwith Interest and if still they don't budge then you can approach Automobile Association of Upper India office and they will help you in getting the registration.

Automobile Association of Upper India has their office in Delhi at following address :

C-8, Behind Qutub Hotel, Qutab Institutional Area, DELHI - 110016 | +(91)-(11)-26965397 | 26852052 | 26852033 | 26611034 +(91)-(11)-26866302, 26857304

They also have website as http://aaui.org

@BUXX

I also found following information which may help you. The info extracted from RTO, Delhi website :

Q4 Can dealer deliver vehicle without registration ?

No, the dealer cannot deliver unregistered vehicles to the customers. The dealer gets the vehicle registered in the name of customer first then will hand over the vehicle to the customer. If Un-registered vehicle is found plying on the road shall be liable to be prosecuted under MV Act. A trade certificate is issued to the dealers by the Transport Department to drive the unregistered vehicles upto the zonal office for registration purposes only.

After allocation of registration numbers, fee receipt is given to the applicant on the same day and above documents are kept by the zonal office. The registration fee receipt can be retained as proof of having made an application for registration.

The registration certificate i.e. Form − 23 A can be collected after preparation of smart card.

Last edited by micrographics : 12th December 2012 at 16:46. Reason: Added more info
micrographics is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2012, 18:38   #1706
Team-BHP Support

I think people should fundamentally refuse possession from the dealer,
till they see the RTO receipts for road taxes and other documents.

Till the time dealer does not deliver these things, dont take the vehicle and force him to complete that aspect.
Old 12th December 2012, 19:05   #1707
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by micrographics

I also found following information which may help you. The info extracted from RTO, Delhi website :

Q4 Can dealer deliver vehicle without registration ?

No, the dealer cannot deliver unregistered vehicles to the customers. The dealer gets the vehicle registered in the name of customer first then will hand over the vehicle to the customer. If Un-registered vehicle is found plying on the road shall be liable to be prosecuted under MV Act. A trade certificate is issued to the dealers by the Transport Department to drive the unregistered vehicles upto the zonal office for registration purposes only.

After allocation of registration numbers, fee receipt is given to the applicant on the same day and above documents are kept by the zonal office. The registration fee receipt can be retained as proof of having made an application for registration.

The registration certificate i.e. Form − 23 A can be collected after preparation of smart card.

I am purchasing my vehicle in Hyderabad and the dealer is refusing to do the registration. I need to get it done on my own. Is this how it is in Hyderabad/other cities? II checked with my dad in Delhi and I believe the dealers over there hand over the car only after registration.
Old 12th December 2012, 21:32   #1708
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitdan View Post
I am purchasing my vehicle in Hyderabad and the dealer is refusing to do the registration. I need to get it done on my own. Is this how it is in Hyderabad/other cities? II checked with my dad in Delhi and I believe the dealers over there hand over the car only after registration.
IMO you should not take possession without registration and settle the final amount only once you know of the registration number. How much have you paid up as the booking amount?
Old 12th December 2012, 21:59   #1709
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_upreti View Post

It could well be as simple as Renault getting greedy. If they are anyways producing 4000+ vehicles a month, might as well produce those variants that cost 12 and 13 lacs than those that cost 8 & 9 lacs- milking the cash cow as much as possible; and then force the customer to buy those by threatening absurd waiting times for lower variants.

How low could a company stoop?
Old 12th December 2012, 22:30   #1710
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by champ27

IMO you should not take possession without registration and settle the final amount only once you know of the registration number. How much have you paid up as the booking amount?
Just a little over the booking amount...I need to confirm if it is illegal for the dealer to not to register the vehicle at the RTO.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks