Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th December 2012, 17:40   #1801

Re: Renault Duster : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitdan View Post

A couple of questions which I might need answers till I return to the showroom:
1) the agent told me to not to cross 60 in the run in period, and not worry about the power. I have never heard this before. I will be keeping the revs under 1500-2000, but I guess I can speed up to 100 as long as the revs are low...Right?
2) the music system is going into a radio code mode with 0000 flashing and all ice functions disabled. If I turn of the ignition and restart I can play any media, but then after.a couple of minutes same story...anybody else faced this?

And by the way...absolute pleasure to drive. Got a chance to test it over both asphalt and dirt. Both flattened with aplomb.
As long as you keep it under 2500 rpm for the first 1000-1500 kms it should be fine and for your second question, I faced a similar issue with the music system, in there hurry to deliver the car the dealer forgot to put in the access code for the music system , its a built in security feature as a result of this the music system automatically shuts off after every 10 mins, I had to take it to the service centre and then they got the unique access code from their database its unique for each vehicle and then the guy there entered the access code and its been fine ever since.
Sharkpin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th December 2012, 19:36   #1802
BHPian

^^ no speed sensing locks. silly omission , i would say...
Old 27th December 2012, 19:55   #1803
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUXX View Post
^^ no speed sensing locks. silly omission , i would say...
Very true.
I spoke with some Renault guy over phone.

We told me that Renault may consider enabling it in near future, though I know he was just bluffing to pacify me.

Looking at how mechanical is this mechanism, it won't be so easy.
Old 28th December 2012, 00:11   #1804
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkpin View Post

As long as you keep it under 2500 rpm for the first 1000-1500 kms it should be fine and for your second question, I faced a similar issue with the music system, in there hurry to deliver the car the dealer forgot to put in the access code for the music system , its a built in security feature as a result of this the music system automatically shuts off after every 10 mins, I had to take it to the service centre and then they got the unique access code from their database its unique for each vehicle and then the guy there entered the access code and its been fine ever since.
Regarding the code, you can even take it over phone from your SA. No need to visit the dealer
Old 29th December 2012, 01:58   #1805
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeshmani View Post
I didn't know the Option Pack included speed sensing locks.
Can any of the 85-PS(0) Duster owners confirm this?
Option pack does not have speed sensing lock.
If you start the engine, boot does not get locked automatically.
acroback is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th December 2012, 09:51   #1806
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkpin View Post
...I faced a similar issue with the music system, in there hurry to deliver the car the dealer forgot to put in the access code for the music system , its a built in security feature as a result of this the music system automatically shuts off after every 10 mins....
How is it a security feature? If this is stolen & put into another vehicle, won't it work? Can the owner change the code later?
Old 30th December 2012, 06:18   #1807
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious

How is it a security feature? If this is stolen & put into another vehicle, won't it work? Can the owner change the code later?
Couple of things on this one. This security code is generated for your VIN number and is generated at the dealership. It can also be generated only once. So when the dealer tells you your code, write it down and keep it. As if the radio gets locked again you cannot dial the service folks and ask them for it again. The manual says that one of instances the radio gets locked is if you disconnect the batteries and then reconnect them.
Old 30th December 2012, 12:58   #1808
BHPian

Just updated the thread on the Water Leakage Problem in the Duster. The problem persists and I'm at my wit's end. I hate going anywhere near the car now and the Renault Service people's response has been pathetic.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ml#post3002835
Old 30th December 2012, 13:27   #1809
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodcrawler View Post
Just updated the thread on the Water Leakage Problem in the Duster. The problem persists and I'm at my wit's end. I hate going anywhere near the car now and the Renault Service people's response has been pathetic.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ml#post3002835
Hey Woodcrawler.
I do not know what are you waiting for? Just write a strong worded email to someone high up in Renault.

EDIT: Are you sure this is a manufacturing defect and not because of some user/service error? I hope that is the case in all probability.

They have to fix this. I just gave my vehicle for first service today and I will pour a mug of water on the windscreen to verify this. I appreciate your efforts to triage the issue and sharing with us. I have faced some annoying issues but not this big.

Please do write to Renault Management and keep us updated. I am sure there is nothing service people can do now.

Good luck

Last edited by acroback : 30th December 2012 at 13:37.
acroback is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th December 2012, 16:42   #1810
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vij View Post
I drove my FIL petrol 85ps duster. Its ok for city driving I guess - but lacks power and there's no punch - feels like driving a common hatch. Ride quality is good though!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pavthebiker View Post
Can someone please shed some light on the Performance differences between the 85 and the 104 Petrol (tested or probable)?? I'm inclined to get the Petrol (my understanding of the two engine types tells me this will be the smoother, faster and more silent one!)
In short, as mentioned by Vij above, driveability of petrol is not good as compared to diesel.
Old 30th December 2012, 22:28   #1811
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroback View Post
Hey Woodcrawler.
I do not know what are you waiting for? Just write a strong worded email to someone high up in Renault.

EDIT: Are you sure this is a manufacturing defect and not because of some user/service error? I hope that is the case in all probability.

They have to fix this. I just gave my vehicle for first service today and I will pour a mug of water on the windscreen to verify this. I appreciate your efforts to triage the issue and sharing with us. I have faced some annoying issues but not this big.

Please do write to Renault Management and keep us updated. I am sure there is nothing service people can do now.

Good luck
It does appear to be a manufacturing defect. I've posted this on Renault's FB page, mailed the company but there is absolute silence. The morons at the service center still insist that it is an A/C leak. I'm going to take it to the dealer who sold me this (Renault Kochi) and ask them to have a look.

Meanwhile, if anyone here can help me with getting hold of email IDs of the higher ups in Renault, I'll be very grateful.

Thanks for the concern
Old 1st January 2013, 22:46   #1812
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodcrawler View Post
It does appear to be a manufacturing defect. I've posted this on Renault's FB page, mailed the company but there is absolute silence. The morons at the service center still insist that it is an A/C leak. I'm going to take it to the dealer who sold me this (Renault Kochi) and ask them to have a look.

Meanwhile, if anyone here can help me with getting hold of email IDs of the higher ups in Renault, I'll be very grateful.

Thanks for the concern
This is ridiculous. I had same problem with the Xing.
Leaves used to block the water which exits from the scuttle panel,which would result water seeping through air duct in the cabin.
I can understand your problem, because i have experienced somewhat similar situation.

Last edited by GTO : 6th November 2013 at 16:33. Reason: Lets value the privacy of others and refrain from posting contact details on the open forum
h.s.r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2013, 07:03   #1813
BHPian

Thanks h.s.r, I've mailed some of them earlier (shared by BUXX) and still awaiting replies. I got an instant response from infocorporate.communication@renault.com when I sent a mail on that ID. I got this ID from Renault International's website. They have forwarded the complaint to Renault India. I hope things move. I don't want to take a legal recourse if it can be fixed early

Rajesh
Old 2nd January 2013, 09:01   #1814
Senior - BHPian

Perhaps sending a complaint to Renault by registered post will help. It will also serve as a proof that you tried to contact the company, in case you take a legal course of action, copy to the CBE service center as well.

Send an email to autocar India. They have a section where they try and help in such issues.
smsrini is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2013, 09:42   #1815
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smsrini View Post
Perhaps sending a complaint to Renault by registered post will help. It will also serve as a proof that you tried to contact the company, in case you take a legal course of action, copy to the CBE service center as well.

Send an email to autocar India. They have a section where they try and help in such issues.
That is the next logical step before I consider any legal option. I have a scanned copy of the job card issued by Renault Coimbatore on 18th December in which they have mentioned the leak. However, the leak has worsened after they worked on the car! I am waiting for the call / mail from Renault since they have contacted GTO here and asked for my contact info.

I guess, I'll give them a couple of days before I do anything drastic

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks