Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th September 2012, 20:04   #901
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by werfish
I have changed the seat covers,had to leave the seats for factory fitting.
Don't understand "had to leave the seats for factory fitting " line. Did you mean that you removed the seats and left them with the accessories shop ?
Old 19th September 2012, 20:30   #902
BHPian

Re: Renault Duster : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by thalavoy View Post
Don't understand "had to leave the seats for factory fitting " line. Did you mean that you removed the seats and left them with the accessories shop ?
Yes,I had to leave all the seats except the drivers at the accessory shop since they do not have a template yet for the duster seat covers and had to send the seats to their factory for the fitting.
Old 19th September 2012, 22:43   #903
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clouseau View Post
On a similar note, I may have reached ~3000rpm a couple of times without noticing. Anybody have any ideas on what happens if we cross 2500 rpm during running-in?
With modern engines, you don't have to worry too much . Occasionally hitting 3000 rpm during run-in period will not cause any damage.
4x4addict is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2012, 10:38   #904
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
No no... I meant when I test drove the 85bbp Duster. The engine felt very good and did not feel like it was lacking in power.
Ok. Thanx for the clarification. On the other hand I first drove the 110 and the turbo lag was clearly evident. When I asked the sales reps if they'd driven the 85 they all said yes and almost exactly what you said above
In fact I bought the 85 without the test drive. 2 days before my sales rep told me to trust him - "Why test drive the 85 when you will get yours in a couple of days!"
Old 21st September 2012, 09:49   #905
BHPian

Got Delivery of my Duster :)

A few days back I wrote to Renault regarding the multiple issues that (potential)customers were facing with their Dealers or their new vehicles..
  • Power steering failing in TD car
  • Door lock not working (issue seen in Delhi & Bangalore showrooms (I went there..)
  • AC Drain pipe getting clogged
  • door rubber beading falling off
  • Tyre burst
  • Shuddering Wipers
  • No info on delivery schedule from Renault

I got a reply from their CC and then later from Len Curran , VP S&M ( pun intended!) Saying all izz well and they are working hard to check any potential issues AND resolving them at the Factory itself. Good enough.

I went for a trip to Bangalore and had forgotten all about it..

On my return , I see that they have delivered a Duster to me !!! Yipppeee !!!
Here are some pics ! Enjaaaaayyyyy !

Even if I am not yet convinced to go with the Duster or not, its a nice gesture from the company
Attached Thumbnails
Renault Duster : Official Review-img_20120920_204805.jpg  

Renault Duster : Official Review-img_20120920_204836.jpg  

Renault Duster : Official Review-img_20120920_204917.jpg  

Renault Duster : Official Review-img_20120920_204936.jpg  

Renault Duster : Official Review-img_20120920_204950.jpg  

Renault Duster : Official Review-img_20120920_205010.jpg  

Renault Duster : Official Review-img_20120920_205024.jpg  

Renault Duster : Official Review-img_20120920_205242.jpg  

BUXX is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st September 2012, 11:38   #906
Team-BHP Support

Re: Got Delivery of my Duster :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUXX View Post

Here are some pics ! Enjaaaaayyyyy !
I hope you conducted the PDI before taking delivery?

It's great to see Renault India being proactive. It's a little unnerving to note that there are more than a few niggles in the Duster. The AC issue is something many have reported. The quality of rubber materials is below average. this is something I'd noticed during my short TD. The two-speed setting for the wipers is shocking to say the least. Not to mention the quality of the wipers reported in the official review. Even the tyre-burst was reported by someone else on the Forum. The temperamental door-lock mechanism and the failing power-steering are things we can't afford to overlook. I genuinely hope they get these issues sorted ASAP.

But these issues don't take away the fact that the Duster is one of the best cars to have been launched in India, IMO. And I say this because of the crucial overall-package that it is.

We're going to be in the market for a new car in about a years time. The Duster is a strong contender, but the petrol variant is devoid of safety-features and this is what's pushing us away from the Duster and towards the EcoSport, when it arrives.
suhaas307 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2012, 12:29   #907

Quote:
Originally Posted by werfish View Post
I have changed the seat covers,had to leave the seats for factory fitting.
Attachment 988210
Attachment 988211
Good Choice of leather (or are these art leather?) . Brand and price please ?

Last edited by manson : 21st September 2012 at 13:28.
Old 21st September 2012, 13:04   #908
BHPian

^^ I think all these niggles are down to the low quality suppliers they would have inherited from their Mahindra JV.
This is a vehicle that's been around for 3-4 years now. These can not be design flaws, otherwise they would have been sorted out till now.
The Duster may actually be built with low cost/poor quality parts to fit to a built-to-a-price model. Who knows..
Old 21st September 2012, 13:06   #909
BHPian

Re: Got Delivery of my Duster :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUXX View Post
Oh man, they sent you a left hand drive...

(But that's really sweet of Renault to do this, I'm going to send a complain mail too now )
Old 21st September 2012, 21:42   #910

The list of 'faults' is rally pretty minimal for a new car that has only just started coming down the production line. My car had a leaking A/C condensate pipe when I bought it and the dealer fixed it in five minutes. These tiny things just happen.

And any car can get a burst tyre too, just as any car can have juddering wipers. Sometimes the glass just needs cleaning properly. The rubber seal detachment certainly is annoying, and Renault does need to make sure that the Duster sealing works. Doubtless these small glitches will be corrected as the production teams get used to the car.

As for the power steering failing, well, what happened exactly I wonder, and anyway, parts can fail on any car?

In fact most of these things are not worth worrying about.

I will be very interested to see the RHD Duster when it arrives here, but, we are also getting the Sandero, which is smaller but built on the same chassis. The 'Stepway' version gets increased ride height and might just tick more of my boxes than the rather large Duster does. Let's see.

And the Sandero is cheaper too.

The real beauty of all these cars is the fabulous ride and the relative simplicity. These things are getting rarer in new cars and really need to be celebrated I reckon.

By the way, I read a review of the Brazilian Ford Ecosport, which praised the handling but commented on the very poor ride. No good for me then

Nice toy by the way. Keep it in its box and it will be worth a bit in about fifty years
Old 22nd September 2012, 02:03   #911
BHPian

Got delivery of 110 BHP RXL on Ganesh Chaturthi. As a background, I had booked for the 85 RXL(O) but the wait was killing me and I jumped on when the SA gave me the 110 option in the same color. The delivery process itself was very smooth, as everything was in readiness when I arrived including the IND number plates I had asked for. I thank Tejas @ Whitefield Renault for his good service in the entire process. He is quite knowledgeable, has most of the information handy, responds quickly and doesnt haggle you for anything.

Free Accessories:
1. Mud flaps
2. Floor mats (Beige color, black would have been better)
3. Bhagwat Gita book
4. Some chocolates (Car shape chocolates, wifey likes)
5. Mini Ganesha idol
6. Breakdown warning indicator

Went to the Mahadevpura Shell, and got a shock not aware of the recent hike in premium diesel. Rs 68/l for diesel. Thats more than petrol in some Tier II cities!

Everything has been great about the vehicle up until now, except that the Bluetooth, callers are hearing an echo of their voice. Is anyone else having this issue or is it just my phone model (Samsung Galaxy Nexus)?

Attaching some pictures. More details in ownership review in a month or so.
Attached Thumbnails
Renault Duster : Official Review-img_5444.jpg  

Renault Duster : Official Review-img_5455.jpg  

Renault Duster : Official Review-img_5465.jpg  

Renault Duster : Official Review-img_20120918_084600.jpg  

Renault Duster : Official Review-img_20120919_095705.jpg  

Renault Duster : Official Review-img_20120919_095747.jpg  

suchit23 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2012, 06:52   #912
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulpian View Post
The list of 'faults' is rally pretty minimal for a new car that has only just started coming down the production line.

And any car can get a burst tyre
In fact most of these things are not worth worrying about.
I beg to differ. I was the victim of tyre burst. I shudder to think what might have happenedif the tyre had been front instead of rear. Agree with you that tyre failure can happen to any car brand. However, the overall costcutting efforts that are glaringly visible makes me suspicious if this exercise was extended to the choice of tyres too. If that is the case, it implies that renault is more concerned about it's profit than the customer's safety.
As of now, no one even called me to find out how the tyre burst.Here, the pricing of Duster is premium and hence we expect premium quality, in all aspects. This is here the Duster falls below expectations, because of it's cheap feel vis a vis the amount that we are paying.
Ride quality alone really does not warrant this price if you procure from third quality vendors under the guise of cost cutting. What is the use of good design with poor implementation.
Neil Roy is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2012, 12:25   #913
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suchit23 View Post
Got delivery of 110 BHP RXL on Ganesh Chaturthi. As a background, I had booked for the 85 RXL(O) but the wait was killing me and I jumped on when the SA gave me the 110 option in the same color.

Attaching some pictures. More details in ownership review in a month or so.
Congratulations on getting your Duster. Good move to go for the 110 RXL for faster delivery. Moreover you get increased power, torque & an additional gear. The choice of alloys is excellent, the hyper finish alloys look awesome on the red Duster.

Looking forward to more pictures & a detailed ownership review.
AutoIndian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2012, 12:28   #914
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suchit23 View Post
Got delivery of 110 BHP RXL on Ganesh Chaturthi. As a background, I had booked for the 85 RXL(O) but the wait was killing me and I jumped on when the SA gave me the 110 option in the same color. The delivery process itself was very smooth, as everything was in readiness when I arrived including the IND number plates I had asked for. I thank Tejas @ Whitefield Renault for his good service in the entire process. He is quite knowledgeable, has most of the information handy, responds quickly and doesnt haggle you for anything.
Congrats for the new SUV. You get a good choice of the alloys, add to your car's stance .

Last edited by GTO : 24th September 2012 at 13:55. Reason: Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting an entire long message inconveniences our mobile users
CARDEEP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2012, 14:27   #915
BHPian

Suchit23 - thanks for the pics and congrats on your Duster! I think there is a bit of a mystery here, how come all Duster owners on the forum are cribbing on these threads about delivery nearly daily and as soon as they get the cars they make themselves scarce.

Guys what's happening? Where are all the regularly updated ownership reviews? I know there are 3 or 4 but these are updated sporadically, and I am sure there have been more than 4 deliveries on this board.

Don't you guys love your cars? Where are the detailed pics, the various updates and perspectives that only an owner can give. Are these guys too busy driving around the country with their new suvs'?

There are not many in-depth regularly updated threads that see for instance for the Yetis. Some Duster owner needs to step up here. No offence guys - just in good spirit.

Last edited by raul : 22nd September 2012 at 14:29.
raul is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks