Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th March 2015, 14:45   #4786
BHPian

Re: Renault Duster : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilntny View Post
It is for all vehicles.I too got the same updated in my 85 ps duster.
Just talked to the service adviser at Renault Faridabad and he denied any such replacement.

He asked me to get the car, get it checked and they will replace if they see any issues. He was rude and I had to warn him before I could talk any further. He apologized but was firm that there is no such replacement.
Old 11th March 2015, 14:51   #4787
BHPian

I am moving to Bangalore next month and plan on travelling by road. The journey will be around 2500 KM

My current Odo reading is 6300 and it will be 7500 by that time. I think I should get the 10k service done before I start on the journey. What do my friends here think?
Old 11th March 2015, 17:06   #4788
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinghP09 View Post
My current Odo reading is 6300 and it will be 7500 by that time. I think I should get the 10k service done before I start on the journey. What do my friends here think?
No worries. You can get it serviced in Bangalore. With night halts and snack breaks to give the engine some rest, you should be good to go.
HillMan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2015, 12:47   #4789
BHPian

Quote:
Just talked to the service adviser at Renault Faridabad and he denied any such replacement.

He asked me to get the car, get it checked and they will replace if they see any issues. He was rude and I had to warn him before I could talk any further. He apologized but was firm that there is no such replacement.
Its not true, I too got my 85ps power steering hose changed to the newer version under warranty without any payment. In fact in my case the suggestion had come from the service adviser himself of TVS.
Old 12th March 2015, 13:03   #4790
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HillMan View Post
No worries. You can get it serviced in Bangalore. With night halts and snack breaks to give the engine some rest, you should be good to go.
Thanks HillMan, I think I will have general checkup before I start, just to make sure everything is in order and will get the service done in Bangalore.

I am really excited and looking forward to a wonderful drive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepeshh View Post
Its not true, I too got my 85ps power steering hose changed to the newer version under warranty without any payment. In fact in my case the suggestion had come from the service adviser himself of TVS.
Just talked to the Manager-Service Renault Faridabad and he said this replacement was for some of the cars manufactured in the period starting late 2012 to March 2013 and they have already done it. The cars manufactured last year are fine.

What is the manufacturing date for your's?

Do we have some kind of circular from Renualt for this? I don't really have any issue with my Duster but nothing wrong in getting something better for free
Old 12th March 2015, 17:58   #4791
BHPian

Quote:
What is the manufacturing date for your's?
My vehicle is August 2013 make.
deepeshh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2015, 09:43   #4792
BHPian

The air isolation /recirculation tab, below the ac knob, swings to the right to allow outside air when the vehicle is above 100kmph. On its own. I noticed this yesterday on the highway. It would keep pushing away from the left selection till I reduced to below 100. Is this normal? If so, why would this be?
Oh, and my 85(o) is at 6500kms, 4months old. The only issue is some faint squeaking coming from the front passenger seat, when empty.
Old 13th March 2015, 11:35   #4793
Team-BHP Support

2015 Duster

http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-new...kh-393852.aspx
Old 13th March 2015, 14:03   #4794
BHPian

I drive a Duster RXL. About a week back, upon parking my car in the office parking noticed that the silencer pipe was hanging down and the connector from engine till exhaust was broken as you see in the picture here.

Renault Duster : Official Review-duster-silencer.jpg

Has anyone else noticed or experienced anything similar? I had read in one of the thread that duster has lot of rusting issues and quiet a few were recalled in Brazil.

I don't remember hitting something or even scraping on a road-hump for this to happen. Most of my usage is on the highway / toll road and there is no chance of hitting anything for this impact. The service center is quoting 40K to replace the entire silencer or 2K to weld the same. But I am more worried about the root cause and interested to know why this happened.

In case if you have noticed anything similar then you reply is much appreciated.
Dust_Harl is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2015, 14:27   #4795
Senior - BHPian

There is a 'click' on the lock side - you have to push it until you feel the click.

IF you are aware of that and are doing it, I would guess the switch has gone bad.

BTW, does not happen on my Duster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanmd View Post
The air isolation /recirculation tab, below the ac knob, swings to the right to allow outside air when the vehicle is above 100kmph. On its own. I noticed this yesterday on the highway. It would keep pushing away from the left selection till I reduced to below 100. Is this normal? If so, why would this be?
Oh, and my 85(o) is at 6500kms, 4months old. The only issue is some faint squeaking coming from the front passenger seat, when empty.
sridhu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2015, 14:30   #4796
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dust_Harl View Post
I drive a Duster RXL. About a week back, upon parking my car in the office parking noticed that the silencer pipe was hanging down and the connector from engine till exhaust was broken as you see in the picture here.

Attachment 1349242

Has anyone else noticed or experienced anything similar? I had read in one of the thread that duster has lot of rusting issues and quiet a few were recalled in Brazil.

I don't remember hitting something or even scraping on a road-hump for this to happen. Most of my usage is on the highway / toll road and there is no chance of hitting anything for this impact. The service center is quoting 40K to replace the entire silencer or 2K to weld the same. But I am more worried about the root cause and interested to know why this happened.

In case if you have noticed anything similar then you reply is much appreciated.
That is so unusual....not sure how old or new your Duster is, but all the same, this sort of situation should not occur. A duster is meant for fairly 'rough use' and off road driving. Considering your usage is mainly highways you should really question Renault on the quality aspect. You are right about the rusting issue that Renault had, but I doubt rust along could have caused it in this case....probably more like a loose clip or bad joint assembly.....manufacturing or assembly line fitment defect.

If your vehicle is under warrantee, talk to the dealer to see if something can be done. Otherwise like I said before, write to Renault and attach the pictures and see what response you get.
Old 13th March 2015, 14:41   #4797
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhu View Post
There is a 'click' on the lock side - you have to push it until you feel the click.

IF you are aware of that and are doing it, I would guess the switch has gone bad.

BTW, does not happen on my Duster.
It does click at the left end, but..
Old 14th March 2015, 11:59   #4798
BHPian

I have completed 1 year with My Dusty and also finished the 2nd Service with a bill of Rs.4000/-. I was surprised to see a bill as they had also replaced some rubber bushings etc...
Here's some snaps with my Dusty and me...
Attached Thumbnails
Renault Duster : Official Review-jk-dust1.jpg  

Renault Duster : Official Review-jk-dust-2.jpg  

Renault Duster : Official Review-jk-dust-3.jpg  

Old 14th March 2015, 13:22   #4799

http://thelogicalindian.com/story-fe...tion-disposal/

Anyone heard of this and reasons for tha action??
Old 14th March 2015, 13:53   #4800
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanmd View Post
The air isolation /recirculation tab, below the ac knob, swings to the right to allow outside air when the vehicle is above 100kmph ...
That's unusual; could be a problem with the re-circulation flap which is directly accessible only by dismounting the dashboard.

That said I think Duster lets in a noticeable amount outside air/odors even if the re-circulation flap/knob is completely shut. What do you all think ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks