Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th July 2013, 12:24   #2641
BHPian

Re: Renault Duster : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdman View Post
Reagring the USB starting all over again when the engine is shut off, I think if I power down the radio and then the engine the rUSB seems to pick up where it left out. But, if I turn off the engine while the USB is still on, then it start all over again when engine is restarted. I am getting tired of listening to the first song on the USB drive over and over again.

The blue tooth seems to be a mess too. If you are on the phone, get into the car and start the engine, there seems to be no way to transfer the call over to the car. Is there? On my 2007 Bimmer, it would transfer automatically.
You need to reformat your drive and again copy songs. It happens when USB is corrupt. No other time. I have faced this, reformat fixed it.

Yes, OEM bluetooth in Duster is bane. It is poorest of the poor. Unreliable with a very very poor range. Nothing much we can do. I think I will switch to a better alternative in a year or so.
acroback is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2013, 13:07   #2642
BHPian

I am repeating this topic since i need some help.
I find the parking assistant tough to read since its only giving audio feedback.
Specifically, when the beeping becomes continuous, I find it difficult to know how much more gap I have to the obstacle.

I asked the Renault chaps if I can integrate a visual distance indicator (like the ones found on aftermarket parking assistance systems) to the factory sensors. They say NO. The medianav system does not have an input for camera also.

Could other Duster owners share their experience/views. Ampere, Acroback, any input?
Old 5th July 2013, 13:51   #2643
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himadrimondal View Post
The OEM BT is fine, infact it streams music too. I am most of the times on internet radio through BT while on the Duster.
Hi himadri, very interested to know how you manage this given pathetic 3G speeds in the country. Also, have you had difficulties pairing the BT with Android phones as some others have reported?
Old 5th July 2013, 16:14   #2644

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroback View Post
You need to reformat your drive and again copy songs. It happens when USB is corrupt. No other time. I have faced this, reformat fixed it.

Yes, OEM bluetooth in Duster is bane. It is poorest of the poor. Unreliable with a very very poor range. Nothing much we can do. I think I will switch to a better alternative in a year or so.
Reformat your drive using HP usb format tool this worked for me.
navin00 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2013, 23:10   #2645
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeshmani View Post
Specifically, when the beeping becomes continuous, I find it difficult to know how much more gap I have to the obstacle.

Could other Duster owners share their experience/views. Ampere, Acroback, any input?
I understand your problem, as you know there are "three" kinds of beeps (with two varying frequency and the last one is continuous). Once you reach continuous, you are almost near the obstacle (about 1.5 feet, 450 mm I guess), you can move another half feet without any worry, best way is keep reference of rear-view mirror with some fixed object near to the mirror (sometime, other car's mirror!!!).

After seeing the Media-NAV in Duster, the first question I had asked was the same as yours, the SA told "NO". I am sure, with the current sensor, even in future version (Media-nav can be updated), we may not get the video option.

If you are not comfortable with the "distance" sensor, you can fit a rear-view camera (might cost about 10K) with a separate display. Please check without "distance" displayed on your screen, how easy you can reverse the vehicle with a camera alone, that too "very" close range.
Old 6th July 2013, 12:30   #2646
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazydave View Post
Hi himadri, very interested to know how you manage this given pathetic 3G speeds in the country. Also, have you had difficulties pairing the BT with Android phones as some others have reported?
Hi, to surprise you again, my connection is a 2G.
That said, I never knew about this Internet radio.
If I had to listen to a new song in the car, connected youtube and switched on BT.
But used to get irritated with constant stoppage due to slow internet speeds.

Then I came across this internet radio in a magazine and downloaded 'PCRadio' from playstore.
This one surprised me, started giving me uninterrupted music on the go for reasons which I haven't figured out yet.

There is absolutely no difficulty pairing a Android with the OEM BT.
Just have to make sure few things are done correctly.

The best way to make this happen is to remove the google account, pair the car BT and then add google account in the phone.
Switch off the car, restart the phone, car and let the BT connect. All contacts will show in the phone book of the car.

If the phone book still doesnot appear, then follow as below.
After the pairing, the car BT searches for contacts in the phone book of the phone.
But most android phones have contacts stored as google contacts.

Hence the car BT shows phone book as nil. Import contacts from your google account to phone.
All contacts should appear in the phone book displayed in the car.
NB: after BT connectivity, there is a delay of around 15 sec before the phone book gets downloaded in the car.

Last edited by himadrimondal : 6th July 2013 at 12:35.
himadrimondal is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th July 2013, 14:01   #2647
BHPian

A slight issue with the OE ICE system on the Duster (Non medianav). Certain audio files that I have put in the USB donot show up on the System but work in other cars normally. Anyone can help me out with this? (All my audio files are mp3 format)
Old 6th July 2013, 17:22   #2648
VKS
BHPian

Anyone booked the Duster recently ? I read somewhere that there is a facelift Duster coming soon.

What is the waiting period of Duster 85 Rxl these days ?
Old 6th July 2013, 19:36   #2649
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VKS View Post
Anyone booked the Duster recently ? I read somewhere that there is a facelift Duster coming soon.

I was checking the duster at the renault showroom here in chennai yesterday. No mention of a facelift version but the dealer is offering insurance at Re 1 for the top end variant in 85. The waiting period i was told for rxl is 2 weeks to max one month based on the colour.
Seek is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th July 2013, 19:36   #2650
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himadrimondal View Post
The OEM BT is fine, infact it streams music too. I am most of the times on internet radio through BT while on the Duster.
That would need A2DP on your mobile device, isnt it ?

Quote:
I read somewhere that there is a facelift Duster coming soon.
There are some rumors, but nothing concrete. If there was a good, credible information, then you will see it as a new thread here on TBHP
condor is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2013, 21:01   #2651
BHPian

Quote:
I have, dealership has no information on this. What they are offering is a new top-end variant for 110 RxZ, without the rear a/c. Thats 5K cheaper than the one with. Nothing else is new
Old 6th July 2013, 23:48   #2652
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
That would need A2DP on your mobile device, isnt it ?
Yes sir, it does require and the profile should be present on both the transmitter and reciever. All phones with jelly beans has it. The car bt profile has it too, I guess.
Old 7th July 2013, 01:23   #2653
BHPian

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seek View Post
I was checking the duster at the renault showroom here in chennai yesterday. No mention of a facelift version but the dealer is offering insurance at Re 1 for the top end variant in 85. The waiting period i was told for rxl is 2 weeks to max one month based on the colour.
Did they mention if the same was being offered for 110 top-end variant? I think for the 85, this is definitely a direct result of EcoSport introduction
Old 7th July 2013, 06:23   #2654
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazydave View Post

Did they mention if the same was being offered for 110 top-end variant? I think for the 85, this is definitely a direct result of EcoSport introduction
I only checked this for the 85 top end variant. He however said it is only a 2 day offer on jul 6-7. I got a text message as well after leaving the showroom about it being a 2 day anniversary special. But i am sure these are here to stay on the duster.

I have planned to wait till around diwali and hope for some good discounts + year end benefits
Old 7th July 2013, 11:06   #2655
BHPian

I went for my 2nd service (10K) one last week. Total bill was 5200/-. The AC Filter was not changed as it was not available.

A couple of things I came to know are:
1. There is a one way valve just under the water tank for the windshield vipers that gets clogged ever so often and then the water starts going into the passenger compartment. This needs to be cleaned and infact they take this valve out from the right side and put it in the hole on the left side so that rodents do not enter the engine compartment.

2. The initial lot cars would be recalled soon for a re-fitment of the door beading. I'm sure a lot of u would have notices that the 2 ends of the door beading on all sides come and meet in the center of the door and within a few days these 2 ends start separating. The company had issued directives and the dealers are waiting for the door beading to be delivered before they can start calling in the cars for the fitment.

Has anyone else come across any other reasons that the company would be calling in the cars for changes?

Doc
Docster is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks