Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th October 2012, 09:19   #61
Senior - BHPian

Re: Honda Brio (Automatic) : Official Review

Good decision by Honda, I feel. This car will surely appeal to a lot of buyers. Especially those looking for a second car in the family (for the wife or for general usage). And also, going by the traffic conditions nowadays, getting an AT is a wise choice. The A-star AT never appealed to me much, and i20 AT is way too costly, I think. Brio seems to be a great choice, at least for now, as a second or a third car in the family.

However, I am not at all an AT person. I still feel you get much more fun driving a manual transmission car. There's a lot of fun in playing half clutch on inclines and in bumper to bumper traffic, which you can't get out of an AT car !!
Old 14th October 2012, 10:58   #62
Senior - BHPian

Definitely a great move by Honda in bringing the Automatic in the Brio. The only place where Brio slightly loses out is the pricing with a difference of almost 2L between Brio and the cheapest available in market today i.e A Star.

Honda claims a mileage of around 16 kmpl is achievable with Brio Automatic, I feel it is going to get a good response from the cost concious indian consumer.
Old 14th October 2012, 14:27   #63
BHPian

A detailed and professionally laid out review of Honda Brio (Automatic) hatchback.
Great attention to detail and minimalistic things as always.
Thanks much for sharing.

An automatic + small turning radius + compact dimensions + honda reliability.
Perfect for city commutes and occasional high-way drives.
Old 14th October 2012, 19:38   #64
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
The dampers and springs both decide road behaviour. The springs alone do not hold up the weight of the car. Both act in conjunction.
Sorry, I beg to disagree. Unless they are gas filled you take a damper and it can be compressed or expanded to any position and it will hold. Try it on any from a shop. The spring will come back to its default length. Put its differently while the spring decides z (the height), the damper takes care of dz/dt, i.e. rate of movement. Just think about it.
sgiitk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2012, 09:17   #65
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Nope. The Dzire comes with ABS but no disc brakes for the rear. rear brakes are drum.
Then must be the i20. When researching I found one of the Duo with Discs and BS in the rear in the AT version. I have deleted the brochures so cannot comment now.
Old 15th October 2012, 18:48   #66
Senior - BHPian

Dear Friends,
A colleague of mine is planning to buy a Brio V variant.
At Bangalore, the Ex-Showroom price after all discounts for a V(MT) is 5L.
With the AT being new, close to 40K discount being offered on the V(MT) won't be offered on the AT.
The current estimate from the B'lore dealer is that it should be around 6L Ex-showroom for the V (AT). Question is, is it worth 1L for just the auto tranny.
Cheers,
Deepak
Old 15th October 2012, 19:26   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by starter View Post
Dear Friends,
A colleague of mine is planning to buy a Brio V variant.
At Bangalore, the Ex-Showroom price after all discounts for a V(MT) is 5L.
With the AT being new, close to 40K discount being offered on the V(MT) won't be offered on the AT.
The current estimate from the B'lore dealer is that it should be around 6L Ex-showroom for the V (AT). Question is, is it worth 1L for just the auto tranny.
Cheers,
Deepak
I'm sure everyone considering the Brio AT will have this same question on their minds.
My two cents: From the economic point of view, the 1 lac is not an amount well spent. Besides the initial cost, the AT will probably consume more fuel, and the resale value will not be great.
It is also likely to be considerably slower, when compared to the manual.
But, if it's the sheer convenience of an AT that your colleague wants, there is no other option worth considering at this price-point. It's either convenience or economics.
one-77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2012, 22:26   #68
Senior - BHPian

One should get the wider tyre for the Brio. Looks cool from rear on wider tyres. Will try to post a pic of a car I see now and then near by house.

And, guess the Brio sedan story is true then since the thai Honda website now hints at one.

http://motoroids.com/news/honda-teas...-thai-website/
Old 16th October 2012, 08:58   #69
BANNED

Booked my Brio AT last evening. Urban Titanium in Honda Speak, Copper Brown to me. Expected delivery around 29th.
sgiitk is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 16th October 2012, 09:06   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Booked my Brio AT last evening. Urban Titanium in Honda Speak, Copper Brown to me. Expected delivery around 29th.
How much did it cost you OTR and Ex Showroom?
Old 16th October 2012, 09:15   #71
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by chennai-indian View Post
How much did it cost you OTR and Ex Showroom?
Still to sort that out. The AT prices have not reached the dealership so far. Gave a 50k cheque as advance.
sgiitk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2012, 09:21   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Still to sort that out. The AT prices have not reached the dealership so far. Gave a 50k cheque as advance.
Quick move sir. Waiting for a detailed ownership report from your end.
Just thinking loudly - isn't 50k too much for booking amount of a car that might cost around 6 lakhs? IIRC I paid 10k as booking amount for my i10.
Old 16th October 2012, 09:35   #73
BANNED

@blackasta; Maybe. I gave 100k for my Civic. What I normally do is to get a draft or rather pay order for the balance (minus about 50k) since my bank does not charge a commission, when the car arrives, typically the day before delivery. The final difference I pay be cheque. Also, I give my full list and then discuss the price of the package and not necessarily the split up. Also, in India prices vary a lot due to local taxation. I think TN, KA or AP is the highest and Chandigarh the lowest.
Old 16th October 2012, 09:44   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations

Have been following your posts regularly on this thread as well as the brio thread in the indian car scene section.

Waiting for a detailed owner's review from your end.

I am also looking to upgrade from my santro a/t to the brio auto ,guess your reviews will help me make that decision.

RR
Old 16th October 2012, 09:51   #75
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by starter View Post
It seems a little high, since most C-sedan ATs are a lac or so higher than their MT counterparts. The Brio should be around 60-70K higher, like to like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by one-77 View Post
My two cents: From the economic point of view, the 1 lac is not an amount well spent. Besides the initial cost, the AT will probably consume more fuel, and the resale value will not be great.
It is also likely to be considerably slower, when compared to the manual.
All very good reasons. But the point is that the AT market appeals to a completely different customer, dare I say one that gets mocked a lot by the enthusiast community .
All I can say is, buy the AT if you value comfort and convenience over outright performance. Your left knee will thank you when you crawl through 5 km of bumper-to-bumper traffic in an hour. Please remember that the Brio AT lacks a manual override and even an S mode, so you will be at the mercy of the gearbox and its whims, unless you want to drive in D3 all the time.

Quote:
But, if it's the sheer convenience of an AT that your colleague wants, there is no other option worth considering at this price-point. It's either convenience or economics.
Spot on!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks