Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th November 2012, 20:59   #181
Senior - BHPian

Re: Honda Brio (Automatic) : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by drrajanvr View Post
Is there any technical difference between the GB of the ATs today, I mean between the A Star, i10 and Brio, apart from additional gear, are all Torque converters or are any of these CVT.
Honda autos are very different from normal autos. Countershaft rather than epicyclic.
Not that it matters to the driver.

Regards
Sutripta

Last edited by Sutripta : 12th November 2012 at 21:01.
Old 13th November 2012, 18:46   #182
Senior - BHPian

Does anyone know whether they will ever bring a CVT to the brio or whether we can expect some other updates to this car apart from the 3 box amaze?
Old 13th November 2012, 18:52   #183
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
Does anyone know whether they will ever bring a CVT to the brio or whether we can expect some other updates to this car apart from the 3 box amaze?
No!, why would they do double work.

Its a possibility for the next gen Brio which is probably 5 years away!
Old 13th November 2012, 18:55   #184
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan
I don't think honda is going to bring another auto' box for such a low volume product.
After the amaze, there would be the diesel Brio, but that is at least a year away or even more.
Old 13th November 2012, 20:05   #185
Senior - BHPian

Heard about the Polo 1.2tsi that might come here with a DSG. I suppose that should give Honda enough reason to think about offering the same things they do in Thailand, here for the Indian Brio
Old 13th November 2012, 20:28   #186
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan
Heard about the Polo 1.2tsi that might come here with a DSG. I suppose that should give Honda enough reason to think about offering the same things they do in Thailand, here for the Indian Brio
The DSG with the 1.2 TSI will be the infamous DQ200. That box is pretty much destined to fail. So, I don't think Honda has much to worry about.
Old 13th November 2012, 21:10   #187
Senior - BHPian

I would think the Polo 1.2 TSI + DSG would be to counter the Ecosport + Powershift, if needed.

Regards
Sutripta
Old 13th November 2012, 21:46   #188
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post
The DSG with the 1.2 TSI will be the infamous DQ200. That box is pretty much destined to fail. So, I don't think Honda has much to worry about.
True but the DSG has gone through a couple of improvements I am sure it cannot be that bad and I will definitely take a more modern technology that would be more efficient, quicker and less of a burden on performance over Honda's conventional auto box
Old 15th November 2012, 15:55   #189
BHPian

Wow, so with the Ritz AT also comin in and now this news of Polo DSG our carmarkers are getting serious about AT cars ! Hope we soon have a spurt of Diesel AT too

Congrats Sgiitk and Fraz..looking forward to read about all your Brio AT user reviews.

Last edited by rxpaul : 15th November 2012 at 16:00.
Old 16th November 2012, 16:18   #190
Senior - BHPian

Heard from the dealer today that there is some uncertainty in terms of the dispatching of the Brio AT vehicles from the factory. Since I am going in for a company lease car program this time, the leasing company is ready to release the P.O and make the payment but the sad thing is that there is no delivery date available as yet and the dealer is clueless on when he can expect deliveries of the AT from the factory. Any other prospective Brio AT buyer witnessing a similar situation elsewhere in India ?
Old 16th November 2012, 16:35   #191
BHPian

According to Honda guys the new batch would come only from Jan 13 onwards. Not expecting anything in December or this month.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rr_zen View Post
Heard from the dealer today that there is some uncertainty in terms of the dispatching of the Brio AT vehicles from the factory. Since I am going in for a company lease car program this time, the leasing company is ready to release the P.O and make the payment but the sad thing is that there is no delivery date available as yet and the dealer is clueless on when he can expect deliveries of the AT from the factory. Any other prospective Brio AT buyer witnessing a similar situation elsewhere in India ?
MindSpeeDs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2012, 20:18   #192
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post

It's only when you start driving with medium accelerator inputs that you start discovering the gearbox' shortcomings. With the accelerator pressed halfway, the otherwise well-sorted transmission ends up feeling puzzled. You'll frequently find it revving the engine by holding onto a gear unnecessarily, or upshifting when the same isn't required. I had to make the Brio AT upshift at times by releasing the accelerator pedal and, conversely, pressing it a little harder to drop a gear.
I just had a fairly long drive of the Brio AT today and this was the biggest irritant I found. With feather light inputs the AT was fine in keeping the highest possible gear but even a slight input on the acc results in unnecessary down shifts. The gearbox goes to a lower gear with just medium inputs, when you can easily see that it can do it in a higher gear. Sometimes it's the other way on medium gas it doesnt go down when you want it to go. You cross a speed breaker and usually you would be in second but here the box goes to 1st and revs out unnecessarily.

I tried D3 and found it similar for slow speeds but since it doesn't go into 4th it was a bit better. It still keeps downshifting randomly though.

While it's good to see that the AT box responds to inputs but sometimes it's not needed and a higher gear should suffice.

This will result in lower FE as well. Good car but the confused box in traffic had me a bit disappointed.
Vid6639 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th November 2012, 20:51   #193
BANNED

I found another issue - totally due to Honda or the dealer. I checked and found all tyres inflated to above 40 psi, against the recommended 29/26 f/r. Considering the car was with the dealer's workshop for no more than three hours, this could have been from Honda themselves.

I had found the same thing when I got my Civic in 2010 - 42 psi all round!
Old 16th November 2012, 21:17   #194
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
I found another issue - totally due to Honda or the dealer. I checked and found all tyres inflated to above 40 psi, against the recommended 29/26 f/r. Considering the car was with the dealer's workshop for no more than three hours, this could have been from Honda themselves.

I had found the same thing when I got my Civic in 2010 - 42 psi all round!
sgiitk, it's actually mentioned in our PDI check list:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buying...heck-list.html

It's a well known and documented thing. The reason that the pressures are inflated is to increase the GC marginally and prevent the car from scraping during unloading and loading from the truck.
Vid6639 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th November 2012, 09:14   #195
BANNED

vid6639; This is the dealer's responsibility to make sure he delivers the car at the right pressure level. Also, I did not have a pressure gauge when taking delivery except for an 8 year old VDO/Yenkay in my Santro.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks