Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th September 2014, 09:33   #301
BHPian

Re: Honda Brio (Automatic) : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin489 View Post
D3 doesn't cut it for me :(

I removed every bit of plastic on the first night itself. The car did have a waiting period a couple of months ago, but I'm still a little confused going through with it. The problem is I am not sure if a replacement exists, given my parking situation.
Why dont you go back & drive the test drive car to see if it responds better due to being better 'run in'? Maybe its a case of running in your car for a 1000 kms or so before it 'opens up'?

Also maybe you can try high octane petrol to see if that works better. I have test driven the Brio automatic & found it more responsive than i10 automatic & Celerio AMT. But of course, Polo TSi is king.
gsurya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2014, 20:18   #302

Dear brio Owners and experts,
I have finalized on Brio vxat and I am stuck with two issues, please provide any inputs may have have;

1. Can the reverse sensors be painted in body color? I am hoping to go for red and would like the sensors parked in red.

2. The accessories dealer in the showroom mentioned it was not possible to fix a regular reverse camera since the boot is inclined, so he was pushing for hilife camera, with a custom clamp that can be attached just around tail lamp. So please any suggestions for reverse camera.

Thanks in advance for any help
Old 14th September 2014, 00:35   #303
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsurya View Post
Why dont you go back & drive the test drive car to see if it responds better due to being better 'run in'? Maybe its a case of running in your car for a 1000 kms or so before it 'opens up'?

Also maybe you can try high octane petrol to see if that works better. I have test driven the Brio automatic & found it more responsive than i10 automatic & Celerio AMT. But of course, Polo TSi is king.
I was thinking along the same lines. I read the owner's manual and fuel higher than RON 89 is recommended, although RON88 is "acceptable" by Honda standards. I sure am going back to drive the TD car again probably during the 1st service.

Apart from the acceleration and cabin sound insulation, I can't find any faults with the lil fella. While I can live with the sound insulation, I really really am hoping that the acceleration improves after the 1st service and better fuel. Otherwise, a turbo-kit may be on the cards down the line (against my better judgement).

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolToddy View Post
Dear brio Owners and experts,
I have finalized on Brio vxat and I am stuck with two issues, please provide any inputs may have have;

1. Can the reverse sensors be painted in body color? I am hoping to go for red and would like the sensors parked in red.

2. The accessories dealer in the showroom mentioned it was not possible to fix a regular reverse camera since the boot is inclined, so he was pushing for hilife camera, with a custom clamp that can be attached just around tail lamp.
1. Back-up sensors now come in different colours (white, black & red AFAIK)! While I did not ask for any specific colour, white ones were installed for me although there is a slight difference in shade. Also, make sure you tell the guy which side you want the LED display to be installed. The genius who installed mine positioned the display on the left side. Magnum Honda's accessory installation is really lousy, as the original side panel of the navigation unit was missing. The backup sensors installation was also really whacky, since 2 sensors were drilled higher than the other two. I would suggest getting the overpriced accessories installed elsewhere, if you are buying from Magnum.

2. My reverse camera was installed by drilling into the bumper. Funny thing is I didn't know that the camera came bundled with the Blaupunkt navigation kit, else I wouldn't have bothered with the reverse parking sensors.

FYI: I would highly recommend Blaupunkt's New York 800 (bundled with MMI maps) as it integrates really well into the center console space.

Last edited by ashwin489 : 14th September 2014 at 01:04.
Old 14th September 2014, 01:14   #304

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin489 View Post
I was thinking along the same lines. I read the owner's manual and fuel higher than RON 89 is recommended, although RON88 is "acceptable" by Honda standards. I sure am going back to drive the TD car again probably during the 1st service.

Apart from the acceleration and cabin sound insulation, I can't find any faults with the lil fella. While I can live with the sound insulation, I really really am hoping that the acceleration improves after the 1st service and better fuel. Otherwise, a turbo-kit may be on the cards down the line (against my better judgement).

1. Back-up sensors now come in different colours (white, black & red AFAIK)! While I did not ask for any specific colour, white ones were installed for me although there is a slight difference in shade. Also, make sure you tell the guy which side you want the LED display to be installed. The genius who installed mine positioned the display on the left side. Magnum Honda's accessory installation is really lousy, as the original side panel of the navigation unit was missing. The backup sensors installation was also really whacky, since 2 sensors were drilled higher than the other two. I would suggest getting the overpriced accessories installed elsewhere, if you are buying from Magnum.

2. My reverse camera was installed by drilling into the bumper. Funny thing is I didn't know that the camera came bundled with the Blaupunkt navigation kit, else I wouldn't have bothered with the reverse parking sensors.

FYI: I would highly recommend Blaupunkt's New York 800 (bundled with MMI maps) as it integrates really well into the center console space.
Thanks for your prompt response. I will just have to push the dealer for a colored sensor or find some off-market product.
Old 24th September 2014, 06:44   #305
BHPian

Since a major complaint for the Brio is the slightly lower ground clearance, would porting the Mobilio's raised suspension to the Brio be possible?

Edit:
Scratch that. Just noticed this from the Mobilio's review:
Quote:
The Mobilio gets 185/65 R15 tyres (Amaze = 175/65 R14) with taller sidewalls. This wheel & tyre upsize is responsible for most of the ground clearance increase.

Last edited by Crazy_Eddy : 24th September 2014 at 06:57.
Old 24th September 2014, 23:58   #306
BHPian

Finally figured out a way to make the Brio AT driveable and build up adequate acceleration.

I stick to D2 until I hit close to the redline (just before the redline@ 6000 rpm), then shift to D3 and stay there until I hit close to the three-figure mark and finally switch to D only after that. Maybe not ideal, but this is what works for me.

D2@ 60-70 kmph
D3@ 80-100 kmph
D@ 100+ kmph

Surprisingly, mileage has NOT taken a hit and has stayed consistent. I guess the transmission no longer is fiddling around trying to figure out which gear to slot.

I wish the car had paddle shifters, which would have made it just perfect!

Last edited by ashwin489 : 25th September 2014 at 00:05.
Old 30th October 2014, 20:31   #307
BHPian

Prices for the Brio VX AT have been hiked by about 14k. Not sure about the other variants.

This is due to some of the Amaze features trickling down to the Brio such as ORVM turn indicators, Retractable ORVM and new combi-meter design.
Old 17th February 2015, 18:22   #308
BHPian

I need to purchase an automatic hatchback, to be used primarily by my wife, with daily commute of 25 to 30 km. I don't want to compromise on the safety features, so the only choice left was Honda brio. I contacted my nearest Honda dealer, I was informed that, I will have to pay the booking amount of Rs 100000/- ( one lac), which will be non refundable, even if I cancelled my booking
Anyone else having similar experience. What to do now?
Old 17th February 2015, 19:38   #309
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsratta View Post
I need to purchase an automatic hatchback, to be used primarily by my wife, with daily commute of 25 to 30 km. I don't want to compromise on the safety features, so the only choice left was Honda brio. I contacted my nearest Honda dealer, I was informed that, I will have to pay the booking amount of Rs 100000/- ( one lac), which will be non refundable, even if I cancelled my booking
Ridiculous practice by your dealer - when i booked my City the amount was 51k and was refundable till the car was allotted & confirmed/accepted by you to be sent for registration. Visit another dealer!
Old 17th February 2015, 19:50   #310
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsratta View Post
Please post the dealer details. This is absurd. There is nothing such as a non refundable booking. Even the amount looks insanely high to me.
BTW, Grand i10 AT comes for the same price as the Brio VX AT does. I would pick the Brio anyday. It has got 2 airbags, a 5 speed gearbox, better steering and a tad better suspension. IMO, it is a true VFM auto.
Old 18th February 2015, 16:50   #311

Honda BRIO (AT) Accessories

The accessories section at the A.S.S, mentioned that AUTOCOP cannot be installed in BRIO AT variant, since it already comes with engine immobilizer.

I was planning to add Autocop, to get additional features like, door and window lock on ignition.

Could someone please advice if its possible to add autocop or any other options.

Thanks.
Old 19th February 2015, 13:48   #312
Senior - BHPian

Re: Honda BRIO (AT) Accessories

Yes you can however that would end up you using 2 remotes, one in the key and the other for security or you just using the latter and the former being just for show. Also it may hamper your warranty.
Old 19th February 2015, 14:03   #313

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altocumulus View Post
Yes you can however that would end up you using 2 remotes, one in the key and the other for security or you just using the latter and the former being just for show. Also it may hamper your warranty.
Thanks Altocumulus,
I will look for someone who can add autocop like security. If I have an option , I would prefer using only that. But I am not sure if there is such an option, especially since the accessories guy at the A.S.S said it cannot done .
Old 19th February 2015, 14:47   #314
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altocumulus View Post
Yes you can however that would end up you using 2 remotes
Not in all cases. Autocop has (had??) integrated solutions. The Autocop fitted in my Civic uses the stock Honda key for locking / unlocking. No separate remote dangling around.
Old 19th February 2015, 15:00   #315
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Not in all cases. Autocop has (had??) integrated solutions. The Autocop fitted in my Civic uses the stock Honda key for locking / unlocking. No separate remote dangling around.
Not sure about if its still there. My best friend just bought a Brio Vx for his wife and when I inquired about the same with Honda for a security system and the reply was we can use Autocop however that cannot be integrated with the system. Also that it will hit warranty.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks