Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th May 2013, 15:02   #271
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Honda Brio (Automatic) : Official Review

Honda launches new VX trim for Brio. VX trim available in both manual and automatic guise

The upgrades include a driver’s seat height adjust and a rear windshield defogger.

Variant Price (In Rs)
E M/T 412,000
EX M/T 428,000
S M/T 460,500
V M/T 506,000
VX M/T 534,500
VX A/T 612,500

(All prices are ex-showroom, Delhi.)

http://www.autocarindia.com/News/342...-for-brio.aspx
volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th May 2013, 21:02   #272
BHPian

After waiting 5 long months, did the PDI of Brio VX AT (yes VX AT and not V AT) this morning. Will take delivery of the car next Monday.
Honda has now introduced features that were badly missed until now in the V AT viz.a rear de-fogger and driver seat height adjuster.

- The rear-defogger has a landline telephone kind of spiral cable connecting it to the frame of the frame of the boot. Found this a little funny but nonetheless Honda has responded positively to feedback received from its customers.

- The seat height adjusted is similar to one in the Amaze with the seat moving up by 50 mm.
At the highest position headroom is compromised but the view of the road improves quite a bit.

Overall two useful features after a long and patient (at times impatient) wait for petrol hatch.
vikramk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th May 2013, 09:02   #273
BANNED

@vikramk; Do I take it that the dead pedal is still missing. A small piece of advice, take out the sticky mat cover, and cut a piece and put it where the shoe rests on the carpet in the absence of the dead pedal. Keep the rest of the sheet, every service they will remove and throw away the plastic sheet bit. Alternatively, cut open a small self sealing pouch and fix it there. This is important if you do not want a nasty darkening of the mat!
sgiitk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th May 2013, 20:52   #274

10 days ago informed by SA in New Delhi (Courtesy, Okhla) that wait times for VX AT are around 3 months with 6-7 customers in line. Went ahead and bought close second choice Figo, awaiting registration. Honda SA called today to say now they have stock available for ready purchase. Said the hold up was because of the two new modifications and now they have supply. Those considering the VX AT and bothered about wait times please check with your dealers. The situation seems to have improved. On road price quoted was 7.06 for VX AT. No discounts, as expected.
Old 6th June 2013, 09:09   #275
BHPian

Got my VX-AT a couple of weeks ago. Cost 7.6 OTR in Bangalore. They have discontinued every other AT variant (V & S). Freebies were hard to come by for the AT but I guess they felt a little sorry for the wait I had to endure (6 months) and have promised to throw in some freebies by the first service. Any pointers with respect to driving for the first 1000 kms?
Old 10th April 2014, 16:45   #276
Senior - BHPian

Guys,

We are considering a Brio VX AT. The current offer given to us is ₹ 6.83 and we are negotiating for further discounts with the 2 dealers. White VX AT 2014 make is readily available.

The SP was new and wasnt exactly aware of "maintenance package for 40,000 kms / 2 years. Cost = Rs. 9,996". What is it exactly? Can someone explain pls.

Also what are the realistic kmpl figures people are getting? He claimed that his few customers are getting 12.5-13 after completion of 5k kms.

Our useage is 90% City and 10% close by highway runs and with a max running of 800-1000 kms a month. There may be months where car wont cross 500 kms a month. The plan is to have the car for atleast 5 years and hence Honad badge was preferred. I TD the Hyundai Grand i10 AT as well, honestly, we were not VERY impressed. Both cars have their respective Pros & Cons, but Brio met our requirements better.

Regards,
Old 10th April 2014, 16:52   #277
Senior - BHPian

Hi Guys,

I took delivery of the VX AT on 31st March in Ralleye Red, for my wife.

Enjoying the 'zip, zap, zoom' feel from a week
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Brio (Automatic) : Official Review-brio-delivery.jpg  

getsurya is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th April 2014, 18:30   #278
BANNED

I will not be surprised if the AT migrates to the CVT very soon. So this may be transitional. With ATs becoming more popular I doubt whether Honda will give it a miss.
Old 12th April 2014, 09:47   #279
Senior - BHPian

Booked a White VX AT yesterday. Delivery on Wednesday.
Final deal 6.83 on road with 5k worth accessories free , 0 deep insurance free and reverse parking sensors. I sold my 40k kms done 2010 Punto to the dealer and they gave me the best price for that too, almost 25-30k more than outside used car dealers.

We had to buy an AT for mom due to her left knee issues. TD grand and this. Liked Brio over all and for a little extra it was worth considering the safety features included. After the over all deal, I tink the Brio worked out cheaper than Grand i10 .
Old 12th April 2014, 12:23   #280
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by h@r$h@l View Post

We had to buy an AT for mom due to her left knee issues. TD grand and this. Liked Brio over all and for a little extra it was worth considering the safety features included. After the over all deal, I tink the Brio worked out cheaper than Grand i10 .
Not only that maintenance will save you a fair bit of cash. I hope you get it soon. I booked an Amaze AT forf my d-i-l and after almost four months was forced to go for an MT.
Old 12th April 2014, 12:31   #281
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Not only that maintenance will save you a fair bit of cash. I hope you get it soon. I booked an Amaze AT forf my d-i-l and after almost four months was forced to go for an MT.
Thanks.

So hows your Brio AT keeping up? I think yours was the 1st Brio AT delivered soon after launch. Hows the maintenance like? What sort of mileage figures you get?

Our Brio will be doing just about 500-600 kms a month and may be hit the highways once in a blue moon. The sales person said that to be realistic i should expect figures in range of 11.5 to 13.

Regards,
Old 12th April 2014, 18:29   #282
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by h@r$h@l View Post
Thanks.

So hows your Brio AT keeping up? I think yours was the 1st Brio AT delivered soon after launch. Hows the maintenance like? What sort of mileage figures you get?The sales person said that to be realistic i should expect figures in range of 11.5 to 13.
18 months, 14k. I am getting 10-11 in town. Never hit the highway. Only routinne maintenance, I am using Mineral/semi oil.A joy to drive, esp after our Santro AT. I do have a thread on my Brio
sgiitk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th May 2014, 08:24   #283
BHPian

Hey Guys, looking to replace our 2010 Punto 1.3 MJD EPK with the Brio AT. Totally appalled at the dismal resale value of the Fiats, 40k Kms, decent condition and not getting a quote anywhere close to our expectations!

Anyway, Magnum Honda refuses to offer any kind of discounts on the BRIO AT. Is it even worth checking with Whitefield & Dakshin or will all Honda dealers toe the same line?

Any refreshes coming to the BRIO soon (within this year)?

Last edited by raamki : 30th May 2014 at 08:25. Reason: typo
Old 30th May 2014, 12:03   #284
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raamki View Post
Hey Guys, looking to replace our 2010 Punto 1.3 MJD EPK with the Brio AT. Totally appalled at the dismal resale value of the Fiats, 40k Kms, decent condition and not getting a quote anywhere close to our expectations!

Anyway, Magnum Honda refuses to offer any kind of discounts on the BRIO AT. Is it even worth checking with Whitefield & Dakshin or will all Honda dealers toe the same line?

Any refreshes coming to the BRIO soon (within this year)?
I heard a rumor of a facelift on the Brio but i am not sure Since they are prioritizing the brio to produce City & Amaze. Once the second factory starts to function to peak capacity, i expect a Brio facelift & with probably a diesel engine too. I hope the facelift gives a better front grill, revamped interiors which are much needed. Also I expect a faux cover on the boot to hide the complete glass door which seems to repel many buyers.
Old 30th May 2014, 17:50   #285
BANNED

Expect the CVT to show up very soon in the Brio, smaller, lighter and better FE. The Thai Brio has a CVT.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks