Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 28th January 2014, 10:07   #181
BHPian

Re: Mahindra Reva e2o : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by harikrishnanm View Post
The E20 may be small, but is tough alright.
Biggest advantage of E2O is its fibre body panel which does not dent easily.
Old 31st January 2014, 20:56   #182
BHPian

E20 Sedan coming soon. No dates or other details though.

http://www.thehindubusinessline.com/...cle5635545.ece
Old 18th February 2014, 16:00   #183
BHPian

Mahindra Reva slashes e2o price by up to Rs 1.7 lakh

News Link:

http://www.financialexpress.com/news...7-lakh/1227080
Old 18th February 2014, 16:25   #184
Deo
BHPian

Just read above article, it seems like a good bargain but it comes with monthly rental of 2599 and it doesn't mention any specific period for these monthly installments.
Old 18th February 2014, 16:30   #185
BHPian

The news headline is actually wrong, the reduction in price is nothing to do with new budget proposed by Chidambaram. The excise duty for EVs were 5.5% which is lesser than the proposed 8% recently. Hence the new budget has no effect on pricing of EVs.

Mahindra Reva has developed a new ownership model which makes the initial acquisition cost less.

The battery cost is paid as a monthly EMI, which also ensures lifetime performance guarantee for the battery.
Old 18th February 2014, 16:39   #186
Deo
BHPian

It seems like a good bargain, but it does come with monthly installments and article doesnt mention any specific period for which owner has to pay these installements. Nevertheless, its worth the effort to push sales of electric vehicles. With electric Verito in pipeline, shall we expect similar ownership model from M&M as well ?
Old 18th February 2014, 16:56   #187
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by slamnos View Post
The news headline is actually wrong, the reduction in price is nothing to do with new budget proposed by Chidambaram. The excise duty for EVs were 5.5% which is lesser than the proposed 8% recently. Hence the new budget has no effect on pricing of EVs.

Mahindra Reva has developed a new ownership model which makes the initial acquisition cost less.

The battery cost is paid as a monthly EMI, which also ensures lifetime performance guarantee for the battery.
This does not make much difference to most people as only the cost of the battery is paid as EMI. At 2599 per month, this is pretty much equivalent to the cost of fuel one uses in a month.
Instead I would have preferred if Mahindra could have introduced a scheme to buy the entire car at affordable monthly payments.
Old 18th February 2014, 17:09   #188
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedmiester View Post
This does not make much difference to most people as only the cost of the battery is paid as EMI. At 2599 per month, this is pretty much equivalent to the cost of fuel one uses in a month.
This does make a big difference in a way that the customers now need not worry about the life of the battery nor the battery replacement cost.
Old 18th February 2014, 20:53   #189
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Instead I would have preferred if Mahindra could have introduced a scheme to buy the entire car at affordable monthly payments.

Sorry, 2599 at 80 bucks a liter of petrol translates to 32.5 liters of petrol which in a hatchback size of a Swift which gives a mileage of 13 to 14 in the city would translate to 455 km, I am sure most people have way more running than that.

In a Diesel Swift for example, with a diesel price of 62, it would translate to 42 liters with an average of 16 per liter it would be 670 kilometers, this too is way lesser than what normally people would use.

I think this scheme will sway the people in favor of the E20 for sure.
Old 18th February 2014, 21:23   #190
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by humyum View Post
Sorry, 2599 at 80 bucks a liter of petrol translates to 32.5 liters of petrol which in a hatchback size of a Swift which gives a mileage of 13 to 14 in the city would translate to 455 km, I am sure most people have way more running than that.

In a Diesel Swift for example, with a diesel price of 62, it would translate to 42 liters with an average of 16 per liter it would be 670 kilometers, this too is way lesser than what normally people would use.

I think this scheme will sway the people in favor of the E20 for sure.
I understand, but 2599 only includes the battery cost. I am not sure whether the free electricity offer is extended to this scheme as well. So you can add another Rs. 700 to Rs 800 for electricity charges for a month, bringing it close to 3500Rs per month.

That's the reason, I wish Mahindra could introduce a scheme for the entire car for around 10K or 12K per month, then it would make far more sense to go for e20 than a similarly priced petrol or diesel car.

If Mahindra could double the range to around 200Kms, I would buy it in a heartbeat as I travel every weekend between Bangalore and Mysore which is around 150Kms one way. I don't mind the 80kmph top speed, as this is the max speed I drive anyways.
Old 19th February 2014, 15:11   #191
BHPian

Hi All,

we bought a new E20 T2 a two weeks back and so far it drives good. I have a daily run of less than 50 km per day and charging once every alternate day is working for us now. We are now using this every day for our daily commute to office . Soon I shall provide a detailed ownership experience.

The points i have noticed so far are;

1. good acceleration in boost mode but no significant drain on battery.
2. Cabin noise is almost non existent and only a slight hum of motor and tyre noise filters in.
3. AC is quite good and we had operated only AC while standing still for almost 1.5 hours in sun on one instance and may be 2 km range dropped.

The recent price reduction came after we bought the car, still I feel its better to buy with battery and not as rental as anyway mahindra warrants the battery and whole vehicle for five years (on extended warranty for a price of 16k) .

The LI-ion battery used is a 48V 200 AH rated battery pack and it has a guaranteed performance of 2000 charge cycles which if I calculate 185 days per year for my usage then will last easily 10 years.
sirius1845 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th February 2014, 15:30   #192
BHPian

Quote:

If Mahindra could double the range to around 200Kms, I would buy it in a heartbeat as I travel every weekend between Bangalore and Mysore which is around 150Kms one way. I don't mind the 80kmph top speed, as this is the max speed I drive anyways.
Chetan Maini (Mahindra Reva CEO), mentioned about having a fast charging unit to be installed between Bangalore & Mysore so that when a commuter stops for breakfast/lunch he will be topped up with full charge.

Having a 200 km range batteries will be considerably more expensive.
Old 19th February 2014, 20:25   #193
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirius1845 View Post
Hi All,

we bought a new E20 T2 a two weeks back and so far it drives good. I have a daily run of less than 50 km per day and charging once every alternate day is working for us now. We are now using this every day for our daily commute to office . Soon I shall provide a detailed ownership experience.
You definitely should post an ownership thread soon. Perhaps this will be the first one on TBHP.
Old 20th February 2014, 07:14   #194
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
You definitely should post an ownership thread soon. Perhaps this will be the first one on TBHP.
Rightly said, Sirius1845 should consider opening a separate ownership thread. But this is not the first one as We already have an E2O ownership thread. The link is here.
Old 4th March 2014, 16:33   #195
BHPian

So 650 km till date. Very comfortable and speed is also good. All my tasks in bangalore is done with this car. I had travelled from whitefield to Bannerghata and came back to whitefield with 30 % charge remaining that too with AC running. so it is indeed good city car.

Funny thing is earlier I used to have a white 94 model tata sierra and people used to look at my vehicle. I sold it off and now with the E20 still people look at my vehicle.

Btw mahindra E20 export variant has 160 km range. they are not providing the high capacity battery to indians as we will not pay for the extra money it seems. sad.
sirius1845 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed