Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th May 2013, 13:50   #31
Team-BHP Support

Re: Chevrolet Enjoy : Official Review

Great Review Noopster & Parrys! You'll have covered pretty much everything that needs to be.

I get the feeling that the Enjoy is going to be yet another sales dud from Chevy. Pity, because it's a pretty competent package, much like the Sail twins. The problem is that it isn't quite as utilitarian as the Tavera and nor is it as well appointed as the Ertiga or the Innova. The introductory price-tag should help its case, but I don't see too many people shying away from Maruti and Toyota, or even Mahindra products any time soon.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 9th May 2013 at 13:55.
suhaas307 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2013, 13:58   #32
BANNED

I'd be surprised if anyone buys this for personal use. We've been unfairly targetting evalia for it's looks (it looks quite nice from most angles), chevy enjoy deserves the award for the ugliest vehicle on road, if ever there was one. Autocar India can include this category too in their awards. I for one would not even think about buying this car, for it being a chinese product. Why would i spend my money in helping the economy of an enemy state.
Old 9th May 2013, 14:02   #33
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Guys,

Just a note : Picture with 3rd row folded away is coming up shortly. It will be added to the appropriate post in the review.

Thanks
GTO is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th May 2013, 14:14   #34
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by 400notout View Post
I think there should have been pictures of how much boot space is available with third row folded down.
Here it is for now.
Chevrolet Enjoy : Official Review-dsc01646-copy-copy.jpg

EDIT: 2 pics have been added to the end of post #4 as well.

cya
R

Last edited by Rehaan : 9th May 2013 at 14:24.
Rehaan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th May 2013, 14:16   #35
BHPian

Brilliant review! Rated a well-deserved 5 stars!

Enjoy seems to be a competetant but damn-too ordinary to fight the Ertiga in this segment. This just looks too ordinary outside and feels cheap inside. Believe me! I sat in a TD vehicle and the interiors felt like a decade ol'. Ertiga feels special, looks good and is a MUL product, thereby strengthening the recommendations for it. But on the flipside, it is a good half-a-lakh cheaper, has space to carry 4-5 people and children in comfort. Just what the cabbies require!

Hence, if a private customer is out in the market for MPV, he would most probably zero in on the Ertiga.

Keep revvin'
S@ndy

Last edited by S@ndy : 9th May 2013 at 14:18. Reason: Text addition
S@ndy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2013, 14:29   #36
BHPian

Nice review guys. Size comparison pic next to the Ertiga would give us some sense on the two real opponents of this segment. Also, how is the interior space compared to Ertiga? (i.e., 2nd, 3rd row and boot space).
gurudutt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2013, 14:34   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S@ndy View Post
Brilliant review! Rated a well-deserved 5 stars!

Enjoy seems to be a competetant but damn-too ordinary to fight the Ertiga in this segment. This just looks too ordinary outside and feels cheap inside. Believe me! I sat in a TD vehicle and the interiors felt like a decade ol'. Ertiga feels special, looks good and is a MUL product, thereby strengthening the recommendations for it. But on the flipside, it is a good half-a-lakh cheaper, has space to carry 4-5 people and children in comfort. Just what the cabbies require!

Hence, if a private customer is out in the market for MPV, he would most probably zero in on the Ertiga.

Keep revvin'
S@ndy
Thats true, but if this car picks up any amount of volume (cab or private) it could mean discounts/price revisions on the ertiga for customers. All in all its a welcome entry
Old 9th May 2013, 14:48   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aneezan View Post
Nice review. I would say the Ertiga wins this duel hands down in almost everything. The 3rd row seating and configuration is a letdown in both the UVs.
I must agree with this completely. A big let down (although I had already known for a long time now that Enjoy would be an ugly car).

Ertiga is still thinkable, despite its plain looks, for private ownership.

Enjoy is downright ugly. I did not enjoy this at all. No doubt it will be a big hit in the taxi market. Nobody will chose this as a family car - Just like Nissan Evalia was a big let down.

All my hopes pinned on the Hyundai Hexaspace now.
Old 9th May 2013, 14:48   #39
BHPian

Great review as usual!!

The fit here looks really out of place and unfinished too
This is because of per-production lot or angle of the picture or found consistently in all vehicles ?
Attached Thumbnails
Chevrolet Enjoy : Official Review-chevy_enjoy.jpg  

groom is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th May 2013, 14:48   #40
Senior - BHPian

A well detailed review! T-BHP reviews have now become the benchmark for the kind of detailing which can make or break decisions!

I really dont think Chevrolet is here for the long term. Recent products such as Sail UVA, Sail sedan and now the Enjoy seem to be from a "Logan" era than anything else. And chinese tyres on the enjoy? God knows what their reliability is going to be!

Price alone does not dictate sales, I'm not sure why Chevy does not understand this.
Secondly, they have killed the brand "Chevy" by launching these chinese clones. 2 brilliant cars Beat and Cruze are the only saving grace in their entire line up of outdated cars. Do these new cars look like they will last even 4 years? They look outdated as we speak!
Even Toyota had made a similar mistake with the Etios siblings but the "T" badge commands so much respect in India that people may eventually forget and forgive Toyota, but not Chevy! Why couldnt they have launched the Sonic in Hatch and sedan form and priced them slightly lower than the Polo / Vento duo? It would have still made better sense. With Amaze and the ever sucessful dzire around, sail sedan may not really be what you can call competition.
What a disappointment from GM!
motorworks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2013, 14:51   #41
Senior - BHPian

I would consider it to be at par with Versa thus a decade behind of today’s competitive UV market offerings.

Chevy seems to have mind of its own; with three launches in last 365 days and none is doing well. I do agree that sale of SAIL has picked up but still the numbers are far away to feel happy for a player like Chevy.

We see adv. like SAIL 10,000 bookings and counting...but where are the cars? I have started seeing more Amazes on road than Sail (hatch & sedan combined).

May God Bless You Chevy !
i74js is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th May 2013, 14:51   #42
BHPian

From its global portfolio, this is all GM could find for us!.What an ugly duckling! Even the Evalia is more bearable. Does GM seriously expect to compete with Ertiga with this?

Meanwhile, could we some Sail on the road please.

Last edited by Deep Blue : 9th May 2013 at 14:53.
Old 9th May 2013, 14:55   #43
BHPian

Typical Chevrolet launch again. You had some great things, some good and then some essential deal breakers missing. How many of us would like to believe that a starting price of 50k more and then steering mounted audio controls / better plastics / better center console would have been more appropriate ?

Does it take rocket science for Chevy to realise this?

On the positive side, the pricing is awesome to say the least. The diesel driveability has been well tuned as with other Chevy cars (SAIL, UVA and BEAT). Good space all around for passengers.
Old 9th May 2013, 14:56   #44
BHPian

Excellent review Noopster and parrys!

The bland steering wheel and the poor quality plastics all round is a major turn off for customers looking to buy this for personal use. This UV only reminds me again that Chevy is not american anymore.

BTW, Don't the innova and tavera look longer than they are? Or is it just me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post

Parked between an Innova and a Tavera, the Enjoy looks smaller, sleeker and well....different. We attracted a lot of attention while shooting this pic. Some folk referred to it as the "new Innova"
veyron_head is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2013, 15:06   #45
Senior - BHPian

Nice review. GM has missed the trick here. The car is overall ok but not in comparison with Ertiga or Innova. The rear part from side is really bad. Looks like its just missed by the design people in the company. They should have done it Innova style, it would have looked much better. Nothing wrong in copying good things from others IMO. Pricing done by GM is much better i guess. Still i doubt how much it will sell. Ertiga is very popular in private buyers, I don't think this will be. Looks typical MUV. Ertiga is more like car & interiors are far better than this. I see it selling in small numbers mainly for cab market.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks