Team-BHP - Ford EcoSport : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Ford EcoSport : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/136854-ford-ecosport-official-review-26.html)

Awesome review of the Ecosport Petrol edition. Great detailing captured. clap:

Kudos to Ford for introducing some excellent new features in the Ecosport. I feel the Diesel will be true VFM with 1.5 engine under the hood with added advantage of fuel efficiency. Await the Ecosport Diesel review :)

Unless there is a huge price difference, the 85ps duster with its better ride and space seems to be a better choice than the diesel Ecosport.
But with the 4m benefit, I hope Ford does comes up with a good value pricing for the diesel Ecosport.

Quote:

Originally Posted by damager21 (Post 3137109)
EcoSport Trend variant was spotted by a TAI user. In the first pic you can see EcoSport with black door handles and without roof rails.

In the second pic behind Titanium variant you can see Trend variant without chrome front grill and fog lamps.

In the second picture, the EcoSport in the front (the Titanium one) appears to have damage in the left rear quarter - looks like the bumper is peeled off, or its the tail-lights. Any idea what happened?

Also, does the Trend variant have body coloured mirrors? That isn't visible in any of the 3 pictures.

Hey spoke to SC ford in Malad Mumbai, they confirmed the launch in 10 days, i am going over to give an advance of 50,000 (this officially through Ford and not the dealership) this they tell me is refundable amount.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vid6639 (Post 3132022)
Ford has not released detailed feature list for each variant. But from what we saw, the AT variant on display did not have the start/stop button and leather seats.

Vid, I revisited 1st page of this thread. Please see 4th pic of post # 3. I see start/stop button and a lit letter "P" on instrument cluster. Now if this letter "P" is park, then I am sure it is AT version and has start/stop button. If so then I'm very happy. This checks one more box for me.

today I enquired about the launch date here in guwahati and they also mentioned 11th june, they also say that engineers will be trained on the ecoboost version. I am quite excited about the launch, The SA also mentioned that they had ecosport on display a few days back and there was a mad rush of walk in enquiries. no idea when the bookings open though. So it looks like a lot of people are actually waiting for it.
I just hope they price it well. if the automatic titanium plus is close to fiesta automatic titanium plus, this baby is mine in some time.
I checked with them about the DCT warranty and they say ford is offering 2 years/ 100000 km warranty on fiesta and 10 year/240000 km warranty on the gearbox separately. I hope the warranty hold true for ecosport auto as well. can somebody confirm this please ?

Thanks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by arunphilip (Post 3137288)
In the second picture, the EcoSport in the front (the Titanium one) appears to have damage in the left rear quarter - looks like the bumper is peeled off, or its the tail-lights. Any idea what happened?

Also, does the Trend variant have body coloured mirrors? That isn't visible in any of the 3 pictures.

No clue on what happened there but as can be seen in the third pic, the 2 guys seems to be trying to fix something.

As can be seen in the third pic, Trend variant will not have body colored mirrors.

Both Ambiente and Trend variant will not have chrome finished front grill, roof rails, body colored mirrors and body colored handles. However, Trend will have rear wiper and defogger which Ambiente wont have.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pgsagar (Post 3137419)
Vid, I revisited 1st page of this thread. Please see 4th pic of post # 3. I see start/stop button and a lit letter "P" on instrument cluster. Now if this letter "P" is park, then I am sure it is AT version and has start/stop button. If so then I'm very happy. This checks one more box for me.

Good at my friend!

I did some more research on the review pictures and look what I found:

AT but no S/S button.

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-fordecosport07.jpg

P with S/S button.

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-fordecosport33.jpg

So the two images are contradicting the 'P' logic. Or are they both different variants? I strongly hope so they include start stop in AT variant.

Quote:

Originally Posted by zen kobane (Post 3137586)
Good at my friend!

I did some more research on the review pictures and look what I found:

AT but no S/S button.

http://www.team-bhp.com/carpics/Ford...cosport-07.jpg

P with S/S button.

http://www.team-bhp.com/carpics/Ford...cosport-33.jpg

So the two images are contradicting the 'P' logic. Or are they both different variants? I strongly hope so they include start stop in AT variant.

The first image was taken at the media drive on the AT car. This car was Titanium spec. It did not have leather, side / curtain airbags, start / stop with keyless entry.

The second picture was from Ford. That could be an international variant.

From the specification sheet we received from Ford, they have clearly mentioned that 1.5L AT is available only in Titanium and not in Titanium (O).

The cars we drove were Titanium (O) EcoBoost and Diesel. Both these cars had leather, start / stop and side / curtain airbags.

Going by this I am pretty sure that the 1.5L AT will be Titanium only.

Yes you don't get the extra stuff but never the less it is pretty well loaded. side / curtain airbags, leather and start / stop will easily add a 80K to a lakh on the price of the Titanium. That will price the AT out of range for the majority.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vid6639 (Post 3137598)
The first image was taken at the media drive on the AT car. This car was Titanium spec. It did not have leather, side / curtain airbags, start / stop with keyless entry.

The second picture was from Ford. That could be an international variant.

From the specification sheet we received from Ford, they have clearly mentioned that 1.5L AT is available only in Titanium and not in Titanium (O).

The cars we drove were Titanium (O) EcoBoost and Diesel. Both these cars had leather, start / stop and side / curtain airbags.

Going by this I am pretty sure that the 1.5L AT will be Titanium only.

Yes you don't get the extra stuff but never the less it is pretty well loaded. side / curtain airbags, leather and start / stop will easily add a 80K to a lakh on the price of the Titanium. That will price the AT out of range for the majority.

Thats a shame :(

More than the start-stop, the lack of leather and key-less entry would hurt me more, since I am so spoiled by Elantra...stupid: Now I have to get them from Stanley...

Hey VID, why don't you post the spec sheets that you received from FORD at the event for all variants? That would surely answer a lot of questions for us.

Here is the Full Spec of an EcoSport Variant.

Vehicle Line: EcoSport 2013
Body Style: 5 Door UAV
Series: Premium Version
Engine: 1.0L EcoBoost 120PS/125PS - Fox
Transmission: 5 Speed Manual Transaxle - B5/IB5
Drive: RHD FWD
Axle Ratio: 4.25
Air Conditioning: Automatic Air Conditioning
Paint: Mars Red

I've not seen any comments about the transient overboost in the EcoBoost that temporarily puts out 200 Nm of torque instead of 170 Nm.

@Vid6639 - any comments on how this felt, was it detectable, was the difference noticeable, how is it triggered?

Also, would it be possible to retrofit the engine protection present on the diesel to the petrol EcoSports?

When can we expect the AT review ? That will help us decide between Ecosport vs Polo GT.

Got a call from dealer today. She said the launch is on 10th June and they will call again 2 days before the launch for test drive. Didn't quite understand if Ford is going to make test drives available 2 days before the launch.

First of all - excellent review. . I have been thinking of a second car after my recently purchased vento tdi (only 3 weeks ago) and saying a good bye or making my OHC automatic as our third car. What I really like is this car is really well thought in extreme minutest details. Kudos to Ford.. I love such craftsmanship. I dont know if its a micro suv or a tall hatch its just a good compact smart package. The 3 things that are refraining me right now are:
1- underpowered engine (diesel or petrol automatic)
2- light hyundaisque steering
3 - thick A pillar

My question is who would buy this car? Someone looking to upgrade from a small non-premium hatch, correct? I mean will someone having a honda city or a vento or a verna or cruze may want to exchange it? Ofcourse as a second or third is a diff equation. But I want to know from an enthusiasts point of view woild you prefer a premium c class sedan (tdi) or ecoS (after all the bling settles down) ?

Btw I have extensively driven a friends duster 85ps diesel. .I found it underpowered and doesnt inspire any confidence to overtake on highways. The interiors are just ok to be in, the only good thing is a commanding view of sorts. The nvh is not that great either. (This is just my opinion and is not meant to hurt anyone's feeling) what I feel is ecoS really would make a case and shoild snatch duster sales - especially those not looking for luggage amd 5th passenger space