Team-BHP - Ford EcoSport : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Ford EcoSport : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/136854-ford-ecosport-official-review-19.html)

As per ACI, the EcoSport's bookings have commenced. Expected launch date for the EcoSport is mid June (11 Jun 13, as per Autojunction.in), & the Booking amount is Rs 50,000 with deliveries by end June or early July.

http://www.autocarindia.com/News/344...-commence.aspx

Quote:

Originally Posted by nipcarlover (Post 3133785)
Hey Vid6639 or GTO,
Do you have any info on what colours are going to be available? Checked Ford's websites and even the downloadable brochure, but did not find any info.
Please share if possible.

As per reports from various forums, the colors include Mars Red, Kinetic Blue, Sea Grey, Moondust Silver, Panther Black, Diamond White and Chill Metallic. Yellow isnt mentioned anywhere. Might introduce later or after a facelift.

Quote:

Originally Posted by zen kobane (Post 3133800)
Re-asking... any clue on this?

Or any clue on any of the external accessories?

Ford has not informed us of any accessories. This is usually available only after launch. Even at Launch the accessories offered are usually limited.

They probably may offer the spare wheel cover since customers might want it but expect after markets to come out with their own as well.

http://www.autocarindia.com/News/344...-commence.aspx

Autocar says Ecosport bookings have commenced. I called Talera ford, pune and he flatly denied. Said that bookings will commence only after official launch in June.

This is all getting so damn confusing.

Vidyut,
One of the best reviews where you and GTO have covered the SUV for every possible nook and corner. Such a sad pity that I did not get to see this thread for a full 3 days from its upload. Rating it a 5*.

Million Dollar Question not quite sure if anybody has already asked

1) Expected Cost
2) What was the mileage you folks got during the testing
3) When is the actual date of release?

Awesome review...cherished reading it!

This car truly seems to be an enthusiasts delight...but i am worried if it will die the death of other enthusiasts delights like the Fiat Palio or Ford's own Fusion ( I have always been a big fan of the Fusion).

The point I am trying to make is the Indian market is very VFM conscious... Given the high tech features of this car, regular maintenance and repairing costs may be on the higher side atleast for the initial period, and that can be a deal breaker...our penchants for "jugaad' can be a major factor, as Jugaad for this car will be hard to come by.

Also the fact that the rear will not seat 5th passenger can be a deal breaker...we often try to squeeze in a 6th!!! Long highway drives with just 4 passengers and limited luggage space? We usually prefer to carry the whole family and the neighbourhood street dog along with us!!
One of the positives in favour of Figo was rear bench comfort for 3 (they highlighted 3 passengers in the TV ads as well!!) and I remember how we often discussed the Vista and Figo as benchmarks for 5 passenger hatchbacks. That along with a decent Diesel mill is what set the Figo charts on fire.
Just 4 people for a price nearing 10 Lakhs is giving me some serious premonitions!

While i love everything about the car from the review, I am worried it might not register the kind of sales Ford expects.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ku69rd (Post 3133831)
Vidyut,
One of the best reviews where you and GTO have covered the SUV for every possible nook and corner. Such a sad pity that I did not get to see this thread for a full 3 days from its upload. Rating it a 5*.

Million Dollar Question not quite sure if anybody has already asked

1) Expected Cost
2) What was the mileage you folks got during the testing
3) When is the actual date of release?

Just got info that the launch date is 11th June. Anyone else has heard something?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vid6639 (Post 3133801)
Ford has not informed us of any accessories. This is usually available only after launch. Even at Launch the accessories offered are usually limited.

They probably may offer the spare wheel cover since customers might want it but expect after markets to come out with their own as well.

I hope they offer the accessories available in Brazil. Managed to download some pics from the Brazilian site.

Excellent review Vid, one of the most detailed ones I have seen (in and out of TBHP).

Over all an excellent preposition for SUV wannabe's who want to upgrade from a hatch or sedan.

It looks cute from the front (I can't call it anything else) & muscular from the back. The cockpit setup is worth drooling for with all the gizmos and functionalities.

However, a disappointment for SUV enthusiasts like me for being:

a. Too small &
b. A soft roader

But still a great effort from Ford which should put the roads on fire.clap:

Excellent review Vidyut!

Certainly an urban SUV. It really stands out in a crowd and if crowds are any measure of success, there were hordes of them wherever Ecosport was displayed. Ford certainly has a winner on its hand and we have to see the pricing to really see how it plays a winning hand here :)

It sure is a 'bling' SUV !!!

Most cars in India have a lead time of at least 2-3 weeks (unless you choose a piece from the inventory). The assembly line time, as I understand it is just a day or two. Which means that car manufacturers can "build to order" on the back of an online demand chain (dealer management system) and online supply chain (with integrated MRP runs) as opposed to manufacturing on anticipated demand. That being the case, I don't know why car-makers in India don't offer more variants. I think Ford should catch the bull by its horns and offer the Ecoboost across ALL trim levels with say, a slightly longer wait period transparently communicated to the customers. Most customers will not mind, Ford will sell more 1.0 Ecoboost engines, which will help bring deeper localization and lower component prices on the back of larger volumes. FORD India, are you listening? Please don't let the opportunity pass you by. If you miss it on launch date, no amount of "schemes" or "tweaking" can stimulate demand later. EcoSport has all the ingredients for success, give it the backing it deserves.

Great review Vid! Like GTO mentioned, the details are awesome. I haven't seen any other review of the Ecosport (on various other websites) go through so much (painful) details! Thank you for that.

Undoubtedly the most anticipated launch of the year. I am sure that the market is waiting keenly. The solo run that Duster had for the past year or so is about to end - and its good that it will be to a car with such credentials. The line about the price reminded me about what Rehaan mentioned in his New Fiesta's review. 'Getting it right" i hope Ford has learned a lesson by 'not getting it right' the first time with Fiesta and gets the price absolutely spot on this time around.

If they do that, they have a winner & a volume driver in their hands(showrooms)!

Awesome review! Haven't read the whole review yet - need to do it once I go back home! Car looks very good - I am sure this is going to be the best Indian car launch this year!

Quote:

Originally Posted by amitayu (Post 3133836)
Just 4 people for a price nearing 10 Lakhs is giving me some serious premonitions!

None of the reviews say that EcoSport is designed to seat only 4 people. It is designed for 5 people but given the size from outside, the space inside looks limited specially when 5 people are travelling. The legroom is decent but width of rear seat looks to be a squeeze.

I came across following tweet from Hormazd Sorabjee. According to him 3 people in rear is better in Ecosport than Swift and i20.

If Ford was to price EcoSport in the price range of i20 which is 6-9 lacs, I think it looks to be a better all round package and should sell like hot cakes.

Quote:

Originally Posted by naveen.raju (Post 3133788)
As per reports from various forums, the colors include Mars Red, Kinetic Blue, Sea Grey, Moondust Silver, Panther Black, Diamond White and Chill Metallic. Yellow isnt mentioned anywhere. Might introduce later or after a facelift.

I am curious to see how silver and metallic are different from each other? I wish they had regular red that we see in figo.