Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th July 2013, 20:29   #2326
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post
I haven't bought the car yet, but from what I talked about at the dealership, Kotak Mahindra is offering the best deal at 9.8% for 3 years. Per lac EMI is 3348.
This 9.8% may not be valid for 5 years or 7 years. 3348 per lac will be a huge amount for most of us. Any idea about sbi?
Old 6th July 2013, 20:32   #2327
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasanthn21 View Post

So, although I have been drooling over this car for some time now (especially after the prices were announced), I have to look somewhere else with a heavy heart.
I too had a heart break today morning. I too love the way it looked, and the pricing was very good as compared to duster. Everything seemed perfect for me until i took the test drive. Front seat comfort is very good, but the rear seat is flat, stiff and has no cushion. we tried different recline angle but it was not a comfy ride at the back. Plus the stiff suspension made us feel every pothole and even the blinkers in the middle of the road.

So my conclusion was we cant really compare the duster and ecosport. Ecosport is purely an urban car meant for working couples who will only have occasional guests.

I still feel the Dealers are overhyping the waiting period. Every one who has booked till now will surely get a call within a month or two max.
rajshenoy is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2013, 20:36   #2328
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zteg View Post

This 9.8% may not be valid for 5 years or 7 years. 3348 per lac will be a huge amount for most of us. Any idea about sbi?
I was at Lathangi ford here in Bangalore and he mentioned its currently 10.45% floating.
mazda4life is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2013, 20:42   #2329
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I heard SBI is offering at 10.45 with no pre-closure charges.
I didnt ask for the term though as i am still thinking of going with Kotak who happens to be my loan provider for current car.
PrideRed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2013, 21:08   #2330
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
I heard SBI is offering at 10.45 with no pre-closure charges.
I think SBI could be the better option, ask them for the MaxGain option in which you can save a good amount of interest.
Old 6th July 2013, 21:19   #2331
BHPian

Finally booked trend diesel today at Harpreet ford. Dealership was a total chaos but when they saw me with the chequebook, their senior manager came promptly. They say two to three months is the waiting period. I will now have to start searching for an appropriate loan, probably from Sai. Don't want to keep emi too high, so will have to go in for a seven year term, though I would like to prepay in three to four years max. I need help as to how to arrange insurance for a new car. I was told that I can get my own insurance.. Can I get icici Lombard insurance for a new car online or is it advisable to go along with the dealer for first year insurance.
Old 6th July 2013, 21:23   #2332
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxTorque View Post
I think SBI could be the better option, ask them for the MaxGain option in which you can save a good amount of interest.
Isn't MaxGain only available for housing loan, and not for depreciating assets like car?
Old 6th July 2013, 21:25   #2333
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post
So my conclusion was we cant really compare the duster and ecosport. Ecosport is purely an urban car meant for working couples who will only have occasional guests.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seek View Post
So with a 10 L budget i have the entry level duster to choose against the fully loaded titanium ecosport! Tough call looking at all the features in the ecosport.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vasanthn21 View Post
With a very heavy heart, I decided not to buy the Ecosport.
Guys wait for 2-3 months if you can. I am very sure, we should see quite some windfall on Duster pricing. But still it wont be anywhere close to Ecosport top end. I had estimated this same predicament with Ecosport space last year itself (based on my need) and went with Duster (And this after driving the Fusion for 7 long years!). I would have been the most happiest to take the Ecosport.

You should give a serious thought to Ertiga top end too, if the looks are OK with you guys. Utility wise, its unparalleled!

Last edited by ampere : 6th July 2013 at 21:31.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2013, 21:31   #2334
BHPian

Have been following up with Planet Ford here re. demo vehicle for 1.5 AT. Stock answer is - 6 months delivery & we do not know when the 1.5 AT demo vehicle will come, if at all.

So looks like Ford have done only a paper launch. This is also corraborated by the fact that there are no media reviews other than one in Autocar. And that looks like it has been written based on a company handout.
Old 6th July 2013, 21:36   #2335
BHPian

Quote:
Did you book at Elite or Lathangi?

Are you planning to change your tyres ? DId you decide upon anything?
Lathangi. And no, I will request for Goodyear. If I get MRF, I will not change immediately.

I am waiting for some mileage numbers for EcoBoost before I make a decision. Can somebody help?
But I am inclined to buy.
Old 6th July 2013, 21:37   #2336
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I noticed 10.8Kmpl on the MID of Ecoboost. If we were to believe their 20% extra mileage claim, then normal 1.5ltr should only return 8-9kmpl max. may be 10 if you drive light footed. Even with Ecoboost, dont expect miracles when it comes to mileage. 10-12 is the range i would be happy with it. highways it can give 15ish may be. Diesel can give you 15-16kmpl in city.
Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick145 View Post
So 1.5 petrol seems to fit the bill for me. Mileage is not really an issue and anything around 9-10 in city is fine for me.
Mileage figures for EcoSport (in brackets), are all ARAI certified:
  • The 1.5-litre petrol engine 5-speed manual gearbox (15.8 kmpl) and 6-speed gearbox (15.6 kmpl).
  • The 1.5-litre diesel engine 5-speed manual gearbox (22.7 kmpl).
  • The 1.0-litre EcoBoost petrol engine 5-speed manual gearbox (18.9 kmpl).
And like all new launches, the hype will die down in 2-3 months and along with it the waiting period too, so just wait and watch.

Last edited by dadu : 6th July 2013 at 21:40.
Old 6th July 2013, 21:43   #2337
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parth46 View Post
but the VW supply chain and dealer attitude is another long story.

It's pathetic that even though we have several options right now to choose from, the dealers are spoiling everything for the customer. A new car purchase is supposed to be a happy occasion, not a migraine inducing slugfest.
In addition, I would add arrogant Honda to the list. Its a sad reality that our market is still a sellers market and not a buyers one. You have to put up with unreasonable waiting periods, dealers whims and fancies et al.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaronikar View Post
Do you guys have any idea on the waiting periods of other dealers in Bangalore? Do let me know. Waiting period of 3-4 months is okay, but 1 year is atrocious.

Suggest me whether to go ahead with booking now and wait till eternity for delivery or may be some time afterwards after the initial euphoria dies down?
Its the same at all the dealers. I've given up hope and looking for used cars for a year or two.

If anyone intends to sell their current vehicles, please put it up in the classifieds section. It would benefit a lot of us to buy this, while the waiting period for Ecosport goes on endlessly.
Old 6th July 2013, 22:11   #2338
BHPian

Quote:
I still feel the Dealers are overhyping the waiting period. Every one who has booked till now will surely get a call within a month or two max.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Guys wait for 2-3 months if you can. I am very sure, we should see quite some windfall on Duster pricing.

You should give a serious thought to Ertiga top end too, if the looks are OK with you guys. Utility wise, its unparalleled!
Good comments. I have booked an Ecosport, the waiting period mentioned to me was 6 months. Im ready to wait for 3 months, by then we would have enough reviews out on the vehicle and the initial hype would have settled.
Also competition would start handing out discounts. Ertiga, Vento, Rapid and Duster are my backup plans.

Quick addition: Just read on another forum that a new Ecosport has encountered engine problems (weird sounding engine noise). Not sure how true it is.

Last edited by sansvk : 6th July 2013 at 22:29. Reason: Additional comment
Old 6th July 2013, 22:29   #2339
nmo
BHPian

Received AVK Ford's promotional mailer on Ford Ecosport with pricing, color list, variant list today. To my horror, the dealer has mentioned cancellation charges as 3% of the showroom price in the price list which is totally outrageous !!! I did not notice this in the hardcopy handed by them on June 26th as the print was too small but I double checked and it was present there as well.

I had assumed that cancellation charges were Rs 3,000/- as per the verbal discussion I had with them earlier.

Has any other dealer mentioned higher cancellation charges than Rs 3,000/- in their price list or verbal discussions with the T-BHP members? Any suggestions on how one should handle this? I do not intend to cancel my booking in any case but this seems to be unethical (or is my understanding incorrect?) and I intend to go and discuss this with them tomorrow.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf EcoSport Price List - Jun 2013.pdf (99.8 KB, 2049 views)
File Type: pdf Variant Map.pdf (180.7 KB, 1784 views)
File Type: pdf Colors.pdf (535.0 KB, 1013 views)
nmo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2013, 22:45   #2340
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seek View Post
I am in a similar situation regarding ecosport's space but havent yet made the final decision. My situation involves our pet- a labrador and compared to the large space in the duster where he can get in for day trips, i dont see that a possibility in the ecosport.

So with a 10 L budget i have the entry level duster to choose against the fully loaded titanium ecosport! Tough call looking at all the features in the ecosport.
Yeah, entry level duster vs. the top end ecosport is a tough choice. Especially for you since you have to think of your pet (only a SUV will work), I am back to choosing between the Sedans!

Quote:
I too had a heart break today morning. I too love the way it looked, and the pricing was very good as compared to duster. Everything seemed perfect for me until i took the test drive. Front seat comfort is very good, but the rear seat is flat, stiff and has no cushion. we tried different recline angle but it was not a comfy ride at the back. Plus the stiff suspension made us feel every pothole and even the blinkers in the middle of the road.

Did you check the tyre pressure?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Guys wait for 2-3 months if you can. I am very sure, we should see quite some windfall on Duster pricing. But still it wont be anywhere close to Ecosport top end. I had estimated this same predicament with Ecosport space last year itself (based on my need) and went with Duster (And this after driving the Fusion for 7 long years!). I would have been the most happiest to take the Ecosport.

Yes, hoping for a price cut on the Duster, I guess I will wait for 3-4 months and see the developments. Though improbable, I am also hoping for the Terrano to be priced interestingly because of the Ecosport.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks