Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10th January 2020, 15:29   #4201
Senior - BHPian
 
itwasntme's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: BANGALORE
Posts: 4,133
Thanked: 4,758 Times
Default Re: Skoda Octavia : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye View Post
If you switch to Manual mode and remain in say 4, there is no noise even when accelerating? How about in 3 and 6?

Saw the videos, used headphones. Looks nasty! I think the noise is coming while accelerating but when you let go of the A pedal there is no noise. I know DQ200 does not shift to N when you let go of the A pedal, it remains in the gear, so this may have to do with belt/chain rather than the DSG(?)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLK View Post
Doesn't immediately sound like the gearbox. Probably something more mechanical like the bearings or driveshaft or some belt or flywheel.
Thank you both.

Verbally been told DSG and/or driveshaft issue, and Skoda tech folks will inspect it on Monday or Tuesday. My take is it is not pulley/idler tensioners or V-belt as those are on the right side, i.e. in front of the driver, and this noise is definitely from the centre left to left (passenger side).

Driveshaft boots look untouched and neither are there any obvious oil leaks or extra noises on full lock or over uneven surfaces.

I am contemplating a full alignment check and wheel balancing as well tomorrow morning just to be sure. I have definitely not had any massive pothole disasters either that could have majorly damaged the front left suspension but better than to take the DSG apart.

@vishy76: thank you for your PM; have been categorically told that the DQ200 is sealed for life, and Skoda does not even have a procedure to top-up the little oil there is inside.
itwasntme is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 10th January 2020, 16:18   #4202
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 26
Thanked: 50 Times
Default Re: Skoda Octavia : Official Review

Quick update on my Booking of L&k 1.8 TSI.

As most of you know, I booked the Quartz Grey Octavia last weekend after a month long testing, discussion on color( Black was initially available but then said not available), pricing etc. Also received a call from Skoda on Monday confirming the booking details. I was happy and eagerly counting days for delivery which was supposed to be around 16th Jan.

The shock came yesterday, when my SA called me to say that Grey is not available, in fact except for one colour (Cappucino Beige), nothing is available in Petrol 1.8. Dealer wanted me to take a diesel version instead, saying they will offer the diesel in same price. I still asked him to check again as I am cancelling my booking otherwise.

The confirmation came today - seems dealer in Mumbai booked all remaining stock (close to 300 as per them) so nothing can be done now. Heartbroken !

I have no idea what to do now as I didn't even consider any other car for a while after setting my eyes on outgoing 1.8TSI. Hopefully they will refund the 25K in a peaceful manner.
Kray is offline  
Old 10th January 2020, 17:08   #4203
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: Chennai
Posts: 38
Thanked: 32 Times
Default Re: Skoda Octavia : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kray View Post
Quick update on my Booking of L&k 1.8 TSI.

As most of you know, I booked the Quartz Grey Octavia last weekend after a month long testing, discussion on color( Black was initially available but then said not available), pricing etc. Also received a call from Skoda on Monday confirming the booking details. I was happy and eagerly counting days for delivery which was supposed to be around 16th Jan.

The shock came yesterday, when my SA called me to say that Grey is not available, in fact except for one colour (Cappucino Beige), nothing is available in Petrol 1.8. Dealer wanted me to take a diesel version instead, saying they will offer the diesel in same price. I still asked him to check again as I am cancelling my booking otherwise.

The confirmation came today - seems dealer in Mumbai booked all remaining stock (close to 300 as per them) so nothing can be done now. Heartbroken !

I have no idea what to do now as I didn't even consider any other car for a while after setting my eyes on outgoing 1.8TSI. Hopefully they will refund the 25K in a peaceful manner.

Hey Kray ! I really didn't want to lose out on the outgoing 1.8TSI just like you and hence I booked one without waiting for further discounts. You know Hyderabad is not that far from Tamilnadu and I really think you should talk to the SA I've been dealing with. He told me that there are White and Black L&Ks in stock ready for delivery. Black is available with the dealership and apparently a lot more whites are available in addition to the white which is already available with the dealer. Don't think about the distance between Chennai and Hyderabad. Anyway it's not that much. Do give it a thought. That is if you want to own one really badly

I hope something like this doesn't happen to me. I've booked a dealership stock brown Octavia and I've got in it in written that they will hold the stock till I get my loan processed before I made the booking.

If you're interested in the White or Black let me know. I'll put you in touch with my SA.
1ManShow is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2020, 21:00   #4204
sud
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 146
Thanked: 124 Times
Default Re: Skoda Octavia : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Thank you both.

Verbally been told DSG and/or driveshaft issue, and Skoda tech folks will inspect it on Monday or Tuesday. My take is it is not pulley/idler tensioners or V-belt as those are on the right side, i.e. in front of the driver, and this noise is definitely from the centre left to left (passenger side).

Driveshaft boots look untouched and neither are there any obvious oil leaks or extra noises on full lock or over uneven surfaces.

I am contemplating a full alignment check and wheel balancing as well tomorrow morning just to be sure. I have definitely not had any massive pothole disasters either that could have majorly damaged the front left suspension but better than to take the DSG apart.

@vishy76: thank you for your PM; have been categorically told that the DQ200 is sealed for life, and Skoda does not even have a procedure to top-up the little oil there is inside.
Sorry to hear this. Hope they diagnose it properly and get it covered under extended warranty.
sud is offline  
Old 11th January 2020, 21:52   #4205
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 94
Thanked: 161 Times
Default Re: Skoda Octavia : Official Review

And the blue beauty arrives!
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Octavia : Official Review-img_20200111_114759.jpg  

praveen789 is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 11th January 2020, 22:19   #4206
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: Pune
Posts: 31
Thanked: 37 Times
Default Re: Skoda Octavia : Official Review

I just got my first service done today. I am surprised that the next service is due ony after 8 months. (as written on the invoice of the service)
In fact even the first service was due only after 8 months. Coincidentally I completed 15k KM at the same time. Has skoda changed the service interval to every 8 months/15k KM?

Also I had the time to talk to the SA in the showroom. 1.8TSI L&K is available in maple brown, Silver and white colors in Pune. The discount was lucrative and much more than what I got on Style TSI. Also surprisingly he said he'll give a 2020 model! (both manufacturing and assembly 2020).

I needed suggestions if someone can help. The underbody cover tore off during my recent trip. I got it tied from a local mechanic there itself for the time being. The service centre has quoted 5000 rupees for replacement. Any Idea where to get it cheaper? I checked online. Left side under body cover only costs € 12 in Europe.

While casually chatting with service advisor about the battery I came to know from him that Skoda has increased the price of the battery to 14000 !! With a 2 year warranty.
I had been to Akoya Skoda Baner (Pune)
vikrantshete is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2020, 10:58   #4207
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 112
Thanked: 160 Times
Default Re: Skoda Octavia : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikrantshete View Post
I just got my first service done today. I am surprised that the next service is due ony after 8 months. (as written on the invoice of the service)
In fact even the first service was due only after 8 months. Coincidentally I completed 15k KM at the same time. Has skoda changed the service interval to every 8 months/15k KM?
1
Hi Vikrant, the initial setting has to be changed by the dealer at the time of delivery. The due dates are programmed into ECU based on shipping date + some time. Looks like your dealer forgot to change this. The subsequent due date is based on the time you had taken to cross 15 k kms. So the tentative next service is calculated based on this. I too had the same question when my second service was quoted as 10 month from first service. Came to know the above details when I checked with SA.
Karvel is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th January 2020, 11:20   #4208
Senior - BHPian
 
itwasntme's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: BANGALORE
Posts: 4,133
Thanked: 4,758 Times
Default Re: Skoda Octavia : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karvel View Post
Hi Vikrant, the initial setting has to be changed by the dealer at the time of delivery. The due dates are programmed into ECU based on shipping date + some time. Looks like your dealer forgot to change this. The subsequent due date is based on the time you had taken to cross 15 k kms. So the tentative next service is calculated based on this. I too had the same question when my second service was quoted as 10 month from first service. Came to know the above details when I checked with SA.
Just do it yourself:
https://seventrumpet.com/skoda-octav...n-light-reset/

Switch off the ignition
Press and hold the 0.0/SET button located on the instrument cluster, and turn the ignition switch to the “On” position, but do not start the engine
Keep holding the 0.0/SET button until Reset Inspection Service appears on the display
Release the 0.0/SET button and then press 0.0/SET button again to reset it
Turn the ignition off and then start the engine to verify the indicator has been reset.
itwasntme is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 12th January 2020, 12:03   #4209
BHPian
 
AMG Power's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: BLR
Posts: 709
Thanked: 3,353 Times
Default Re: Skoda Octavia : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post

Verbally been told DSG and/or driveshaft issue..
This looks like a bearing noise. Some points:

1. It is almost impossible to alienate a drive shaft noise from a wheel bearing noise. They both sound similar (almost same functions / load).

2. Insist on checking wheel bearings first as when a drive shaft is changed - they may find the bearing busted and tell you that it needs to be replaced too or could just replace the bearing, fit the old driveshaft back and Bill you for a driveshaft.

3. If you have a good FNG checking whether it's a bearing issue or not wouldn't take time and you can isolate the cause.

4. Doesn't sound like a gearbox noise - don't know how good the Skoda tech guys are so you may do well to confirm through (3) before they come around to other inaccurate conclusions.

5. A wheel bearing noise is the one that lends itself to a lot of foul play - car left in workshop / "gearbox needs changing sir"/ bearing replaced - noise disappears / customer informed that gearbox has been replaced.

Take care.
AMG Power is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th January 2020, 12:36   #4210
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: Pune
Posts: 31
Thanked: 37 Times
Default Re: Skoda Octavia : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karvel View Post
So the tentative next service is calculated based on this. I too had the same question when my second service was quoted as 10 month from first service. Came to know the above details when I checke dwith SA.
Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Just do it yourself:
https://seventrumpet.com/skoda-octav...n-light-reset/

Switch off the ignition
Press and hold the 0.0/SET button located on the instrument cluster, and turn the ignition switch to the “On” position, but do not start the engine
Keep holding the 0.0/SET button until Reset Inspection Service appears on the display
Release the 0.0/SET button and then press 0.0/SET button again to reset it
Turn the ignition off and then start the engine to verify the indicator has been reset.

Thank you @itwasntme and @karvel. I'll try the trick to reset the service interval.
vikrantshete is offline  
Old 12th January 2020, 13:32   #4211
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 26
Thanked: 50 Times
Default Re: Skoda Octavia : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ManShow View Post

If you're interested in the White or Black let me know. I'll put you in touch with my SA.
Really appreciate your post and offer to help

I went to the showroom yesterday and changed my booking to Maple Brown L&K, same as yours! Haven't seen any maple brown on the road and here on reviews, hence wasn't so keen earlier. But saw it in showroom yesterday and looked good, so fingers crossed will get it.


Quote:
Originally Posted by praveen789 View Post
And the blue beauty arrives!
Congrats on your purchase. Looks stunning!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikrantshete View Post
1.8TSI L&K is available in maple brown, Silver and white colors in Pune. The discount was lucrative and much more than what I got on Style TSI. Also surprisingly he said he'll give a 2020 model!
My dealer shared similar information on colors. Could you please share what range of discounts on L&K they are talking about? It will be a bonus if it is truly a 2020 model.
Kray is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th January 2020, 21:24   #4212
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: Pune
Posts: 31
Thanked: 37 Times
Default Re: Skoda Octavia : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kray View Post
Could you please share what range of discounts on L&K they are talking about? It will be a bonus if it is truly a 2020 model.
I forgot to mention that Quartz grey is available. Without any discount it is 28+ but if you have loyalty he roughly qouted 26 and further negotiations are possible if you are keen on booking. And they qoute prices with an extended warranty. At least that was the case when I bought the car.

It is not surprising to see discounts on L&K. Just a month after I bought my car they had similar discount on L&K as now.

Yes 2020 he said with a CKD route.
vikrantshete is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2020, 21:58   #4213
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 198
Thanked: 274 Times
Default Re: Skoda Octavia : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kray View Post
Really appreciate your post and offer to help

I went to the showroom yesterday and changed my booking to Maple Brown L&K, same as yours! Haven't seen any maple brown on the road and here on reviews, hence wasn't so keen earlier. But saw it in showroom yesterday and looked good, so fingers crossed will get it.
I had seen the L&K in Maple Brown colour at one of the dealer showrooms that I had visited during my extensive exercise of trying to decide between Onyx & L&K. I of course ended choosing the latter but I do remember the L&K in Maple Brown does look quite stunning and it is a great colour for the car. Hope you are happy with your choice and decision. My personal viewpoint, its a brilliant colour choice !! Cheers !
Timothy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th January 2020, 23:28   #4214
BHPian
 
GauravTaneja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 49
Thanked: 17 Times
Default Re: Skoda Octavia : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by praveen789 View Post
And the blue beauty arrives!
Congratulations Praveen. I believe I missed you by a few minutes when I walked into the showroom and was told they just delivered a blue Onyx.

Looks beautiful. Did you get the 3D mats for it?
GauravTaneja is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th January 2020, 11:01   #4215
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 198
Thanked: 274 Times
Default Re: Skoda Octavia : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLK View Post
Same as mine! Colour, version, showroom, ready to go position

Congratulations on the new car.

If you are able to use the MySkoda app and receive the OTP, do confirm here. I've been trying to get a OTP for the last 3 months, but I get none :(
The skoda App installation took barely a couple of minutes. Just check your spam folder, the email with the activation link may have landed in there. It did in my case. Hope this help. Cheers !

I also just wanted to check that the dealer informed me that the extended 5th & 6th year warranty would be received on my email directly from the company. They did not give any invoice for that. Folks , if any of you have taken the extended warranty, kindly confirm if this is the case.
Timothy is offline  
Reply

Most Viewed
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks