Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th February 2020, 09:51   #4321
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lambydude View Post
I will check and update the price.

I have taken Skoda shield which comes bundled with 1 yr comprehensive + 2-3 year third party and 5-6 year RSA. Do I have to stick to the same insurance provider when I renew? If yes, what could be the benefits? Will I get a discount on premium since I already have third party insurance.
Hi, sorry no practical experience of the new 3 year TP schemes. But you should definitely have the right to change insurers for the OD portion even while continuing with the original insurer for the TP part.

Best to shop around and walk into any of the private insurers with your existing policy. Meet the Branch Head and you'll get your answer. Personally, I'd be surprised if IRDA doesn't let us shop around.
Old 13th February 2020, 15:35   #4322
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Vikas View Post
Hi Timothy & all,
The warranty of my L&K TSI is valid till 24th Nov 2021. The first owner bought in Nov 2017 & I have purchased it just 2 wks ago.

Now, I'd like to know whether I can 'purchase' the extended warranty for 2 more yrs anytime hereafter.
If yes, then please guide me how I should get it done.

Thanks in advance.
At the time of purchase of the new car the costs for the 5th & 6th year EW was Rs. 55,102 (For L&K 1.8Tsi that I paid in Dec. 2019) you will have to pay a higher price since you would be paying almost 2.5 - 3 years after its purchase so it may cost you somewhere 70 - 80K. You can get it anytime before the start of the 4th year. Just show your RC and vehicle insurance at your local Skoda showroom.

Quote:
Thanks a lot for the details, it's surely helpful.

Now I'll soon visit the nearby dealership & try to get it done for 2 more yrs.

BTW, mine insurance is from Future Generali. Hope, this shouldn't be the excuse for them to reject the proposal.
At the time of purchase of the new vehicle if you want the 5th & 6th year EW then the insurance has to be bought from Skoda dealer. Its a bundled product called Skoda Shield. But you can purchase it in the 2nd - 3rd year with any insurance policy but expect to pay a higher price than the original price of 55K.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 13th February 2020 at 16:30. Reason: Back to back posts.
Timothy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2020, 17:34   #4323
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ManShow View Post
Please let me know their response. Your input will be valuable
Planned visit to Shrine Auto, Kolhapur tomorrow.
I am also doubtful about their response, still would like to take a chance.
Will let you know the result.

If it's not accepted, will try with some other dealer or finally with JMD, Thane, the one from where Derek bought the car 2 yrs back.
Old 13th February 2020, 20:26   #4324
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
As a result, the entire 0CW300049L 00M gearbox is being changed rather than the Mechatron / Mechatronik / Mechatronic heart only.
It's back just now and driving like a dream. Tried a couple of explosive starts and scared the local gentry / nightie brigade . Net cost to me is ~7K!

More tomorrow.
itwasntme is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 13th February 2020, 23:19   #4325
BHPian

Quote:
It's back just now and driving like a dream. Tried a couple of explosive starts and scared the local gentry / nightie brigade . Net cost to me is ~7K!

More tomorrow.
Woahhh ! It's back again ? Congratulations Sir ! Hope your baby is back to it's best
Old 14th February 2020, 01:44   #4326
BHPian

Quote:
Since my insurance is with Reliance can I go for EW? Or would they reject it as my insurance isn't through the dealership ? That seemed to be the criteria at the time of purchase.
Quote:

BTW, mine insurance is from Future Generali. Hope, this shouldn't be the excuse for them to reject the proposal.
Quote:
Please let me know their response. I'm highly doubtful that they'll allow. They wanted me to take the in house insurance to avail the EW at the time of purchase. As mentioned mine is from RIL which is actually tied up with them and on their list too in the picture that itwasntme has shared. Your input will be valuable
No worries. Irrespective of any insurance taken, as long as the vehicle is eligible as per sale date, the additional 2 years warranty is purchasable. I did purchase it last month, with aging of the car being 2yrs 9 months and with insurance from ICICI. My location is Gurgaon.
Karvel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th February 2020, 11:05   #4327
BHPian

Quote:

More tomorrow.
What was the actual billed amount? Would be good info for people out of warranty.
Old 14th February 2020, 16:26   #4328
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karvel View Post
No worries. Irrespective of any insurance taken, as long as the vehicle is eligible as per sale date, the additional 2 years warranty is purchasable. I did purchase it last month, with aging of the car being 2yrs 9 months and with insurance from ICICI. My location is Gurgaon.
How much did you spend on the EW Karvel? The dealer told me today that I can get EW from them after I renew insurance next year with Skoda as my insurance is with Reliance now. I think I need to contact Zac or another dealer. How much did it cost you BTW ?
Old 14th February 2020, 17:57   #4329
BHPian

Quote:
Planned visit to Shrine Auto, Kolhapur tomorrow.
I am also doubtful about their response, still would like to take a chance.
As per planned, visited Shrine Auto, Kolhapur (Service Station) today.
Surprisingly, all the doubts cleared without any problem & I have been offered the EW for 2 more yrs for the price of 48,820 + 18% GST.
And the best thing is, to avail this offer, I have more than a year in my hand.

So, now I'll take my own time to decide over this offer & will enjoy driving with all the peace of mind!
Old 14th February 2020, 19:32   #4330
BHPian

Quote:
How much did you spend on the EW Karvel? The dealer told me today that I can get EW from them after I renew insurance next year with Skoda as my insurance is with Reliance now. I think I need to contact Zac or another dealer. How much did it cost you BTW ?
Looks like that dealer is playing around. This was the case initially with me as well last year. But last month when I enquired again, they did not even ask about insurance. Just took a copy of the RC to check the age and validity. Payment was collected in 5 mins and I was out of the ASS office in 10 mins. I paid Rs 67k including GST.

Quote:
As per planned, visited Shrine Auto, Kolhapur (Service Station) today.
Surprisingly, all the doubts cleared without any problem & I have been offered the EW for 2 more yrs for the price of 48,820 + 18% GST.
And the best thing is, to avail this offer, I have more than a year in my hand.

So, now I'll take my own time to decide over this offer & will enjoy driving with all the peace of mind!
Dr., please do not wait. Take it without delay. Also the rates increase after 1200 days of sales. And you will recover this in any one replacement under warranty (hope that any failure, if it happens, happens within warranty ).

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 15th February 2020 at 17:00. Reason: Typos.
Old 14th February 2020, 21:14   #4331
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karvel View Post
Dr., please do not wait. Take it without delay. Also the rates increase after 1200 days of sales.
Your advice is always welcome.

In fact, my car is at 812 days of its 'age' now.
And the first stipulated time slab for getting EW is up to 1215 days with the price tag of ₹48,820 +GST for the period.
So in any case, there won't be any chance of saving anything/ paying extra for me till 1+ yr.

One thing I failed to mention in my earlier post that the SA was unaware of this revised scheme and had knowledge of the previous scheme in which one was able to purchase the EW up to 2 yrs of his car purchase only.
Even he didn't question me about the insurance details also.

So, all is well at 'Skoda' for now.
Dr.Vikas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2020, 16:06   #4332
BHPian

Took my car out for the first time after the first year service last weekend and found that the rear AC vent is completely blocked/cut off.
AC vent cleaning was done during the service, wondering if it had something to do with this. Has anyone faced the same issue? Rear AC vents were working fine when I gave the car for service.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 15th February 2020 at 16:59. Reason: Typos.
Old 15th February 2020, 18:36   #4333
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lambydude View Post
Took my car out for the first time after the first year service last weekend and found that the rear AC vent is completely blocked/cut off.
AC vent cleaning was done during the service, wondering if it had something to do with this. Has anyone faced the same issue? Rear AC vents were working fine when I gave the car for service.
I have faced the exact same issue with my Jetta too. They tend to insert a cleaning brush into the vents and break the fins. Found both the rear AC vents broken post servicing. VW quoted 3K+ IIRC so decided to live with them, though similar specimens are available on aliexpress for as low as 1.5K.
Old 16th February 2020, 08:17   #4334
BHPian

The rear AC vent is glued to the larger piece and not easy to replace as such, we need to heat to melt the glue and fix the new , it is not a 100% correct fit as well .
Old 17th February 2020, 04:51   #4335
BHPian

The battery on my Astraea (2017 Octy 2.0 TDI Style Plus) gave up all of a sudden yesterday. Looking for replacing the battery outside today. Hope that this does not void the 4 year warranty! I was surprised that my battery lasted 3 years almost.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks