Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 16th March 2020, 17:24   #4381
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post

Just posted my Octavia on the TBHP Classifieds. Other plans afoot.
http://classifieds.team-bhp.com/buy-.../Octavia.html/
Wow. So upgrading to the Germans? Or getting ready for PHEV model of Superb/Octavia?
Karvel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2020, 10:15   #4382
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karvel View Post
Wow. So upgrading to the Germans? Or getting ready for PHEV model of Superb/Octavia?
All plans out of the window unless COVID-19 settles down. Was actively considering both options .

Last edited by itwasntme : 21st March 2020 at 10:26.
itwasntme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2020, 23:46   #4383
BHPian

We bought home a Black Octavia Diesel L&K two weeks back.

Must say it was a well-executed one from booking to delivery by Arun - Sales Manager at Tafe Access looking after both HSR and JP Nagar showroom.

Made an inquiry on 28th Feb with Arun, but then no diesel L&K was left in Bangalore, he called me back in an hour with an option of quartz grey in Hyderabad, both I and my wife were not IN for that color as we were looking at either Black or White. Again received a call later in the evening with a confirmation on availability of our first preference Magic Black at Cochin. Since it was the last piece available in South on that day, I did an electronic transfer of INR 1,00,000 as a booking amount.

The next day (29th Feb) I and my wife visited the HSR showroom in the evening, met Arun and agreed on the financials.

Car was bought in from Cochin on a truck on 5th Mar morning and moved from Kudlu Gate stockyard to St Marks Road showroom as we requested for delivery in St Marks Road which is 6 km from our home. Visited the showroom around 4 PM did a quick PDI check and gave a green signal to proceed with RTO formalities.

Decided and agreed for delivery on 6th Mar the next day. On reaching the showroom, we were provided with a brief demo of the vehicle followed with a customary photo session and then the delivery. Arun agreed to our request and made himself available for the delivery at St Marks Road showroom. We were out from the showroom within an hour, must say it was a memorable experience.

Cheers!
Attached Thumbnails
Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-octavia.jpg  

Last edited by treadmark : 22nd March 2020 at 00:04.
treadmark is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2020, 10:30   #4384
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by treadmark View Post

Again received a call later in the evening with a confirmation on availability of our first preference Magic Black at Cochin. Since it was the last piece available in South on that day, I did an electronic transfer of INR 1,00,000 as a booking amount.

The next day (29th Feb) I and my wife visited the HSR showroom in the evening, met Arun and agreed on the financials.

Car was bought in from Cochin on a truck on 5th Mar morning and moved from Kudlu Gate stockyard to St Marks Road showroom as we requested for delivery in St Marks Road which is 6 km from our home. Visited the showroom around 4 PM did a quick PDI check and gave a green signal to proceed with RTO formalities.
Cheers!
Heartiest congratulations on your acquisition and wishing you many happy motoring miles ! You are are lucky to have laid your hands on one of the very last few remaining pieces. Considering how expensive the newly launched cars like T-Roc and Tiguan All Space are, you do get so much more car for what you pay with the current Octavia. Cheers and enjoy the experience !!
Timothy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2020, 18:41   #4385
BHPian

Quote:

Cheers!
Congrats! Welcome to the Octavians club. It's fully loaded and will pamper you. Hope you have taken the 6yr warranty. All the best for Happy Miles.
Karvel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2020, 09:36   #4386
BHPian

Quote:

Cheers!
Congrats on the purchase treadmark ! Can you share the cost here?
Old 23rd March 2020, 11:08   #4387
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avinash_R View Post
Congrats on the purchase treadmark ! Can you share the cost here?
Thank you Avinash.

Below is what I got it for.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-inkedwhatsapp-image-20200323-11.05.01_li.jpg  

Last edited by suhaas307 : 24th April 2020 at 01:29.
treadmark is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2020, 13:11   #4388
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you Avinash.
Below is what I got it for.
Hi, I was wondering how you have received the Ex-Showroom price of a LNK 1.8 TSI Octavia AT i.e. INR 23,59,599 for a LNK 2.0 TDI AT.

I received this price-list from Autobahn Mumbai last week where it states the price for an LNK 2.0 TDI AT INR 25,59,599. Did you get a price-discount of the difference? If so I'd ask for even a better deal on the Petrol AT.

I was contemplating to buy a BS4 Octavia 1.8 TSI LNK AT & replacing my New Gen Hyundai Verna Petrol AT. I'm getting a good deal on the same but the Ex-Showroom price is INR 23.59 lacs. Sadly the decision has to be made quickly since they hardly have any cars left & the RTO cut-off to register a BS4 car is 31 March, 2020. They do not have a know-how on the extension if any due to the lock-down in Mumbai.

Any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-octavia-pricing1.jpg  

Old 23rd March 2020, 13:59   #4389
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fidaford View Post
Hi, I was wondering how you have received the Ex-Showroom price of a LNK 1.8 TSI Octavia AT i.e. INR 23,59,599 for a LNK 2.0 TDI AT.

I received this price-list from Autobahn Mumbai last week where it states the price for an LNK 2.0 TDI AT INR 25,59,599. Did you get a price-discount of the difference? If so I'd ask for even a better deal on the Petrol AT.
Hi, Yes this is an offer from Skoda itself on diesel L&K variants, the price is even updated on their website.

I don't think these offers are applicable on Petrol from Skoda but then you may get some deals from the dealer directly though.

Cheers!
Attached Thumbnails
Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-octavia-price.jpg  

Last edited by suhaas307 : 24th April 2020 at 01:30. Reason: Spacing
treadmark is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2020, 15:33   #4390
BHPian

Quote:
Hi, Yes this is an offer from Skoda itself on diesel L&K variants, the price is even updated on their website.

I don't think these offers are applicable on Petrol from Skoda but then you may get some deals from the dealer directly though.

Cheers!
Thanks a lot for this information. Had there been any stocks for the Diesel LNK, I'd have definitely picked one instead of the Petrol.

I wish you a bliss ownership experience happy miles. Also congratulations on getting the Black color, the car looks real good.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 24th April 2020 at 01:30. Reason: Spacing in quoted post
fidaford is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2020, 15:57   #4391
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks a lot for this information. Had there been any stocks for the Diesel LNK, I'd have definitely picked one instead of the Petrol.
The 1.8 Tsi L&K is a great car, just go for it ! But negotiate and try and get a decent discount as the company will also want to dispose the last few pieces before the deadline. Just FYI in Dec. & Jan. they were giving discounts to the tune of 2L. Hope this helps. Cheers !
Old 24th March 2020, 10:05   #4392
Distinguished - BHPian

Does Skoda have any stocks of the BS-IV Octavia left at all? I should think not given their sales blitz in the last few months. Would be interesting to know. I believe Superbs are there, but Octavias?
Old 24th March 2020, 10:22   #4393
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timothy View Post
The 1.8 Tsi L&K is a great car, just go for it ! But negotiate and try and get a decent discount as the company will also want to dispose the last few pieces before the deadline. Just FYI in Dec. & Jan. they were giving discounts to the tune of 2L. Hope this helps. Cheers !
Yes, going ahead with the 1.8 TSI LNK. Thank you for clearing my apprehension.

Also getting a pretty sweet deal, shall keep you guys posted.
Old 24th March 2020, 16:35   #4394
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, going ahead with the 1.8 TSI LNK. Thank you for clearing my apprehension.

Also getting a pretty sweet deal, shall keep you guys posted.
Wonderful ! Do share the deal also once you take delivery. I also picked up one in Jan. this year. But like another Bhpian bro mentioned, I am also pretty surprised that you are managing to lay your hands on a L&K 1.8 Tsi as I thought they were all sold out. Cheers & all the best !!
Old 24th March 2020, 17:40   #4395
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Does Skoda have any stocks of the BS-IV Octavia left at all? I should think not given their sales blitz in the last few months. Would be interesting to know. I believe Superbs are there, but Octavias?
I checked with TAFE last week and they had a few Superb TSi L&Ks left with 3-4L off. The sales guy told me that the 1.8 petrol Octavias were sold out in February.

Most Viewed