Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 18th June 2022, 00:47   #5131
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (4)
Default Re: Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by revsperminute View Post
HELP NEEDED

I just got a Christmas tree on my dash. ESC and TPMS lights came on after the car was started. My car is driven pretty regularly. (2-3 times a week, 300km/ month). The car kept on beeping randomly when I started to drive. Limped her back home. The car was driving perfectly besides the theatrics. Parked her, switched the ignition off for 2 minutes and started her back up. No lights whatsoever. Drove her around the block a couple of times, car performed like new. Battery SOC also shows 100%
I am almost certain itís the ABS sensor gone kaput. If your car is out of warranty get it done from a good FNG. It might cost around 3k for a single sensor.
Old 21st June 2022, 17:24   #5132
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

Had the 70k (6.5 years) service done for Octavia from a trusted independent garage. This is the first time I am doing the regular service outside Skoda. Though I have been happy with Skoda service in Bangalore, I always felt the OEM service centers do work more like a tick in the box against their checklist. And recently with many Skoda vehicles coming on road and the crowd at service centers I was not confident whether the service guys really get good time to take care of each car.
Now that the car is running on Stage 1 and the warranty is over, I wanted to give some premium service. Overall very happy with the service and this time the bill was 1/3rd lesser than regular service at Skoda. Went for Meguin 5W-30 engine oil and the car definitely feels much more smoother. Cant wait to take it on highways.
sunikkat is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th June 2022, 12:34   #5133
BHPian

Guys the battery for my 1.8 TSi facelift has gone kaput after almost 4.5 years. I want to replace with an Exide but i can't figure out what specs the original battery has. It surprisingly has no sticker, only some numbers. Pics attached:

Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-20220624_120828.jpg

Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-20220624_120907.jpg

What battery is this?
Old 24th June 2022, 17:53   #5134
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnandB View Post
Guys the battery for my 1.8 TSi facelift has gone kaput after almost 4.5 years. I want to replace with an Exide but i can't figure out what specs the original battery has. It surprisingly has no sticker, only some numbers. Pics attached:

Attachment 2324343

Attachment 2324342

What battery is this?
Must be a standard DIN60 Exide Spain battery. Replace with a similar one made by Exide India for ~8K after exchange, no issues.

Skoda will push for a 12K VARTA. Are you still under warranty?
Old 24th June 2022, 18:23   #5135
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Must be a standard DIN60 Exide Spain battery. Replace with a similar one made by Exide India for ~8K after exchange, no issues.

Skoda will push for a 12K VARTA. Are you still under warranty?
Tbf the cost calculator on their website showed around 8.2k and 8.5k including service charges.

I have got Exide Mileage 65 LH installed now and its all good .

Most Viewed