Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 6th October 2022, 12:08   #5236
BHPian

Re: Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by revsperminute View Post
Am I the only one who feels Zac was a major reason we trusted the Skoda brand’s support? One of the greatest personalities in the Indian Auto Industry.

Radarbot on your phone will also be a nice thing to have when the passenger seat is unoccupied. Do check it out.
Thanks revsperminute,

Indeed Zac has transformed the fate & future of Skoda India with his customer centric approach much needed for the Skoda owners here in India.
He eventually has set a benchmark for Petr Solc who is taking on the responsibility henceforth.

One more thing, Vibhu Hajela, the main person behind Zac's customer-centricity program has also got retired on 30th September only and was present at the farewell meet that night. Hope both these developments won't affect the 'much improved' customer care services by any means.

Regarding Radarbot, I do have heard about it but still haven't used it. Will sure check it out someday.
However any discrepancy therein would sure to cost a challan then.
Old 6th October 2022, 12:36   #5237
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by surya.drives View Post
Honestly, I'm leaning more towards to petrol (or VRS ) now after driving two diesels and steering wheels vibrated a fair bit in both. Don't know if it's an issue specific to these cars.
I was just three months away from
booking the RS245, but booked the diesel just because it was more practical. RS230 has tempting performance, is one of a kind and it’s sure to please like no other car in the price bracket. But between the 1.8TSI and 2.0TDI, choose the TDI because:

1. More torque, more aggression
2. Better gearbox any day
3. Easier to live with
4. Much more fuel efficient
5. Higher tank range
6. More high speed stability
7. Remap ready engine, post remap, even a RS/330i will not feel like an upgrade

1.8TSI is more refined, has more horses, and a Multi-link suspension. And between the Jetta TDI and Octavia TDI, the former is just the better buy, just an Octavia TDI with a much better suspension setup. My suggestion would be: stay away from the 1.8TSI, get a well maintained 2.0TDI or wait and get the RS.

Last edited by dieselhead01 : 6th October 2022 at 12:38.
Old 9th October 2022, 13:43   #5238
BHPian

Quote:
The creaking noise is due to some kind of a dry contact surface in the lower control arm or anti roll bars in the front as far as I remember. Get them lubed up. That solves it. I also get the same thing once in a while.
Hi revsperminute: Where to get this lubed up?. Checked with Skoda ASS yesterday, but was denied as there is no such thing as lubrication / greasing according to the floor mechanic as well as SA. You got it from the ASS or outside?. I am getting some squeaks once in a while and hence thought of addressing this. The entire suspension got checked out by hoisting the car, all bushes and joints were given a clean chit, unfortunately could not get a longish test drive done to simulate the sound as it was pouring cats and dogs here in gurgaon yesterday.
Old 9th October 2022, 13:59   #5239
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karvel View Post
Hi revsperminute: Where to get this lubed up?. Checked with Skoda ASS yesterday, but was denied as there is no such thing as lubrication / greasing according to the floor mechanic as well as SA. You got it from the ASS or outside?. I am getting some squeaks once in a while and hence thought of addressing this. The entire suspension got checked out by hoisting the car, all bushes and joints were given a clean chit, unfortunately could not get a longish test drive done to simulate the sound as it was pouring cats and dogs here in gurgaon yesterday.
My car is in the workshop right now. Asked my SA (who knows my car) to do the usual suspension lubing and tightening. He said he would carry out the same. I get this done all the time. I’ll attach the job card for you.
Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-b5fe90c9f4de443485d3e6f568c8c48f.jpeg
revsperminute is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2022, 21:28   #5240
adv
BHPian

Hello, looking at a pre-owned 2019 Octy and this message was displayed on the instrument cluster: “please insert a data storage medium with valid navigation data”. Please see photo below.
Is this navigation SD card needed to be separately procured from Skoda or another source or did it usually come along with the car? If it’s needed to be bought separately, what’s the price? Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-fed15dbcd3774165b2dc200fd4069744.jpeg  

Old 12th October 2022, 23:56   #5241
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adv View Post
Hello, looking at a pre-owned 2019 Octy and this message was displayed on the instrument cluster: “please insert a data storage medium with valid navigation data”. Please see photo below.
Is this navigation SD card needed to be separately procured from Skoda or another source or did it usually come along with the car? If it’s needed to be bought separately, what’s the price? Thanks!
Yes, its needed to be purchased (if you misplaced it). I don't know the exact price, but an amount of 10k is what I remember from some random discussion.

Its good to have, when you pay for the L&K and it comes with it (for free). But you almost never use it. Its 10x less used than auto park.

Last edited by SLK : 12th October 2022 at 23:57.
SLK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2022, 21:40   #5242
adv
BHPian

Thank you @SLK If only there was a survey for each car for how many of the ‘features’ are actually utilized and to what extent, it would make the car purchase experience much simpler!
Old 16th October 2022, 20:50   #5243
BHPian

The worst thing about my car is the badge on the hood.

I got into a minor crash on the day before Dusshera in my Octy. You can see the damage below. Nothing major, just a lick of paint fixed it.
Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-img3909.jpg

But what did leave a sour taste in my mouth was how my car was treated while in the workshop.

Firstly, I confirmed over a phone call if my car was ready or not before I visited the workshop to collect it. I was given the go-ahead. I skipped lunch and went directly from my college so that I did not cause any delay. When I arrived at the workshop, my car was parked on the road. Smack bang in the middle of a lane frequented by huge trucks owing to the fact that the workshop is located in an industrial area. Then after almost an hour, the car was washed and presented to me for delivery. This is when all hell broke loose, the car had polish residue all over it, most noticeable on the bonnet and there was no number plate fixed. Keep in mind, the car had been in the workshop for a week. Upon pointing these out, a half-hearted polishing was carried out on the bonnet and the car was handed over to me. The staff was so rude that one of their delivery drivers kept on honking at me while I was showing security my gate pass.

Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-img_3908.jpg

Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-img_3907.jpg

The windshield was full of polish droplets. I had to stop at night in an industrial area to clean my windshield with a handkerchief I was carrying.

In fact, you can still see the droplets on the glass.

Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-img_3906.jpg

I have spent more than 2 hours since last night cleaning the car and will probably have to send it for a full detail.

Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-img_3904.jpg

This is how the car looked on the day I gave it for repair. I, like all BHPians, am very attached to my car and keep it in absolutely perfect condition.

Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-img_3911.jpg

The car also has an ABS warning light now which was not the case when I dropped it off. I understand a sensor may fail at any given time but the least they can do is let me know about it in advance.

I have spent 6 figures at this service station over the last 10 months and I am fed up with Skoda's service. A Superb is in contention to replace this car but I don't think we are going to plonk down 45 lakhs on a Skoda anymore.
revsperminute is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 17th October 2022, 11:48   #5244
BHPian

Quote:

I have spent 6 figures at this service station over the last 10 months and I am fed up with Skoda's service. A Superb is in contention to replace this car but I don't think we are going to plonk down 45 lakhs on a Skoda anymore.
You are in Mumbai it seems. You have plenty of spare support and FNGs. If the car is not under warranty, you definetly find a good FNG dealing with german cars.
Old 17th October 2022, 20:42   #5245
BHPian

Hi Team,
My Octavia 1.8tsi went for the 6th year(90k) service. I had already purchased 2 years Skoda preventive maintenance package after completion of 4 years maintenance package in Nov 2020. As per the terms and conditions shared with me then, spark plugs replacement was included in my maintenance package. But, now the service center is saying its not included.
Last spark plug replacement was done in Oct 2020. And they should be replacing the spark plugs every two years. As per that they should be replacing the spark plugs and should include that in service maintenance package.
I am attaching the terms and conditions pdf for reference.
Please enlighten me if I am wrong. And if I am right should I push this with skoda customer care? The customer care is very active normally but they always redirect the querry to dealership.
Old 18th October 2022, 09:13   #5246
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by axe_deo View Post
Hi Team,
My Octavia 1.8tsi went for the 6th year(90k) service. I had already purchased 2 years Skoda preventive maintenance package after completion of 4 years maintenance package in Nov 2020. As per the terms and conditions shared with me then, spark plugs replacement was included in my maintenance package. But, now the service center is saying its not included.
Last spark plug replacement was done in Oct 2020. And they should be replacing the spark plugs every two years. As per that they should be replacing the spark plugs and should include that in service maintenance package.
I am attaching the terms and conditions pdf for reference.
Please enlighten me if I am wrong. And if I am right should I push this with skoda customer care? The customer care is very active normally but they always redirect the querry to dealership.
Sir, is this the package where you paid ~20k for 2 years? I had the same on my car and spark plugs were refused for me too when I sent the car last week. I did not have the Terms and Condition PDF with me. Logically, a maintenance package should cover everything required for a service. I’ll send this to my SA.
Old 18th October 2022, 09:55   #5247
BHPian

Quote:
Sir, is this the package where you paid ~20k for 2 years? ...
I paid around 32k for two year package. As per the dealership, spark plugs are not covered. They shared an image shared by Skoda. That clearly mentions that for packages sold before 12 July 2021, spark plugs are included and those sold after 12 July 2021, spark plugs are not included. But there is a catch there which I could not interpret properly.
I am attaching the image and highlighting the clause. Please help me in this. Excuse me for the image quality as this is what I got from deapership.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-img20221018wa0000.jpg  

Old 18th October 2022, 09:58   #5248
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by axe_deo View Post
I am attaching the image and highlighting the clause. Please help me in this. Excuse me for the image quality as this is what I got from deapership.
If that is the case, I am not eligible for spark plugs replacement. I purchased my package in December 2021 and paid ~20k for it. However, you must be eligible for it given your service meets every criteria.
Old 18th October 2022, 10:03   #5249
BHPian

The problem is that I had purchased the package in Nov 2020 from JMD Skoda in Mumbai and now I am in hyderabad. So, I think Skoda needs to get involved and get it done.
Old 22nd October 2022, 07:06   #5250
BHPian

Hi everyone,
the right hand side multi functional roller on the steering wheel of my 2019 model 1.8 tsi has broken, but the company is not replacing it under warranty saying that broken parts are not replaced under warranty. They say that the part costs Rs. 26,500/- as the entire assembly including the roller on the left hand side (for audio volume control) will also be changed along with it.
Any advise on this would be highly appreciated. Definitely I wouldn't want to spend 26K on this. Is there a possibility for sourcing just the roller from outside...
I remember reading a few months back on a post from Dr. Vikas that it costs 4-5 k to replace it, so I was shocked to hear the price of 26K. Look forward to getting a practical & more pocket friendly solution to this. Thanks

Last edited by Timothy : 22nd October 2022 at 07:11.

Most Viewed