Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Search this Thread
Old 26th March 2023, 11:31   #5356
BHPian
 
Vj13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: udumalaipettai
Posts: 30
Thanked: 10 Times
Re: Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karvel View Post
Ofcourse, Varta batteries are useless. Also the sensitivity of the sensors/electronics too play spoilsport as the voltage range for proper operations is very narrow.

On the Pro DIN74, post the replacement was any coding required? Doesn't Octavia has some code which limits or keeps open the charging based on the battery status and with new battery replacement does this need to be reset to new or normal? And is this the reason for faster battery degradation.

I too faced this issue, first one replaced under 2 years on goodwill+1.5k and that too died in 30 months are so. Went with Amaron, though vehicle is in extended warranty till next month. Same issue of slightly bigger form factor, but was able to fit the felt after opening the glued part. Got all weird sensors go off for some time. But all settled okay in about 2-3 mins. Hoping that this one lasts for next 25 months (already 15 months done)
Coding wasn't required post the DIN74 install. A couple of warning lights showed up on the console. Took the car for a short drive and they vanished.The Amarons will easily last 3 years.
Vj13 is offline  
Old 12th April 2023, 17:24   #5357
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 142
Thanked: 101 Times
Re: Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)

Dear All, I own the 2017 Octavia 1.8TSI which I bought in 2018. For last couple of days I am seeing a message when I start the car, " Please park the vehicle only in position P: visit workshop" message. after few minutes the message goes off. I have also noticed couple of times that when I had parked the car and had not applied the hand brake, I did'nt see the message. Not sure if there is any link here or it is just a coincidence.
Wanted to check in the forum if anyone has encountered this issue and any suggestions?

Last edited by srikrishna717 : 12th April 2023 at 17:25. Reason: typo
srikrishna717 is offline  
Old 12th April 2023, 18:26   #5358
Distinguished - BHPian
 
itwasntme's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: BANGALORE
Posts: 6,304
Thanked: 10,847 Times
Re: Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by srikrishna717 View Post
Dear All, I own the 2017 Octavia 1.8TSI which I bought in 2018. For last couple of days I am seeing a message when I start the car, " Please park the vehicle only in position P: visit workshop" message. after few minutes the message goes off.
Battery health? Mileage run?
itwasntme is offline  
Old 12th April 2023, 18:36   #5359
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 142
Thanked: 101 Times
Re: Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Battery health? Mileage run?
Mileage is around 48K. Replaced battery to Exide a month back, as the Skoda battery gave warnings that it is dying
srikrishna717 is offline  
Old 13th April 2023, 11:50   #5360
Distinguished - BHPian
 
itwasntme's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: BANGALORE
Posts: 6,304
Thanked: 10,847 Times
Re: Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)

Seems to be a common VAG DSG error, and probably requires a child component to be replaced. Suggest you take it to Skoda once - you don't want a unresponsive car in the middle of the road somewhere!

https://www.vwroc.com/forums/topic/3...in-p-position/
itwasntme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th April 2023, 14:50   #5361
Senior - BHPian
 
Desmosedici's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: White Village
Posts: 1,456
Thanked: 519 Times
Re: Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)

My coolant leakage issue was diagnosed with a faulty water pump. AC cooling was also low.

Got the water pump replaced and gas filled in.

Overall damage of 15k at JMD Skoda Mumbai.
Desmosedici is offline  
Old 13th April 2023, 18:05   #5362
BHPian
 
revsperminute's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Navi Mumbai
Posts: 247
Thanked: 835 Times
Re: Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by srikrishna717 View Post
Dear All, I own the 2017 Octavia 1.8TSI which I bought in 2018. For last couple of days I am seeing a message when I start the car, " Please park the vehicle only in position P: visit workshop" message. after few minutes the message goes off. I have also noticed couple of times that when I had parked the car and had not applied the hand brake, I did'nt see the message. Not sure if there is any link here or it is just a coincidence.
Wanted to check in the forum if anyone has encountered this issue and any suggestions?
Donít bother with it, itís part and parcel of Skoda ownership. I too get this warning once in a month or so. I assume it goes away in ~30s for you too and the gear shifter itself is smooth to operate. After some extensive research, Iíve come to conclusion that it will never hamper the carís operation in any way whatsoever.


PS- Asked the Skoda ASC when it came up for the first time, they suggested replacing the whole gear shifter assembly.
revsperminute is offline  
Old 15th April 2023, 16:59   #5363
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2023
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 27
Thanked: 33 Times
Re: Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)

Hello members,
Our Octavia MT 2.0 TDI turned 9 years and has aged very well. Out of the 4 cars in our garage this is our most favourite one. This car was primarily used by my dad and now since he is ageing he's finding automatic transmission more comfortable and hence this would be my primarily used car. In these 9 years we have never faced any issues other than dead batteries and recently fuel flap was stuck. Also our running is very low as it has done 46000 in all these years.Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-img7829.jpg
So thought of spicing it up a bit as its not the primary family car now. So started off with alloys and ended up with Lenso Jager Dyna in 17''. And the rubber was ContiSportContact5 as Michelin PS4's were not of recent stocks.Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-img7831.jpgReview: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-img7832.jpgReview: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-img7833.jpg
P.S. The Benz E-class behind also opted for same design although in different shade.
Now next plan is to upgrade the suspension to Bilstein's. Have kept remap in mind as well but pondering over it as i'm content with the stock power for most of my usage.
THE FINAL LOOK.
Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-img7837.jpg
RahulRV is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 20th April 2023, 15:20   #5364
Newbie
 
anaghp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 24
Thanked: 80 Times
Is air suspension for MK3 Octavia a good idea?

I asked this question in a different thread, but I haven't gotten any response yet. So posting this here in case anyone here has any input.

Air suspension for MK3 Octavia (Suspension upgrade for the Skoda Octavia?)
anaghp is offline  
Old 20th April 2023, 21:48   #5365
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2021
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,151
Thanked: 3,109 Times
Re: Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RahulRV View Post
Now next plan is to upgrade the suspension to Bilstein's. Have kept remap in mind as well but pondering over it as i'm content with the stock power for most of my usage.
THE FINAL LOOK.
Attachment 2440588
My TDI MT is running on 225/17/45 CSC5 due to non availability of PS4 during Covid times and trust me I am super impressed with Conti. So much that, even after being a die hard fan of PS4, I am doubtful of my next change.
Please do get it remapped and also go for B6, it will easily move up 2 segments in the way it drives.
sunikkat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st April 2023, 16:02   #5366
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2023
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 27
Thanked: 33 Times
Re: Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunikkat View Post
My TDI MT is running on 225/17/45 CSC5 due to non availability of PS4 during Covid times and trust me I am super impressed with Conti. So much that, even after being a die hard fan of PS4, I am doubtful of my next change.
Please do get it remapped and also go for B6, it will easily move up 2 segments in the way it drives.
Yes, I am mighty impressed with ContiSportContact 5, I had an option of PS4 but they were more than an year old. Remap is on back of my head after switching over to bilstein. Would love to meetup and check out the setup you're running. Have you made any upgrades in the braking department? like big brake kits?
RahulRV is offline  
Old 21st April 2023, 17:42   #5367
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2021
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,151
Thanked: 3,109 Times
Re: Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RahulRV View Post
Yes, I am mighty impressed with ContiSportContact 5, I had an option of PS4 but they were more than an year old. Remap is on back of my head after switching over to bilstein. Would love to meetup and check out the setup you're running. Have you made any upgrades in the braking department? like big brake kits?
Surely
On brakes, I upgraded to Brembo Xtra (drilled rotors) in stock size and Brembo Xtra pads. My plan was for big brake kit, but based on suggestions decided not to go for it as it was not really required. My Brembo rotors are again due for replacement now.
sunikkat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2023, 00:40   #5368
BHPian
 
Dr.Vikas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Sangli
Posts: 270
Thanked: 432 Times
Re: Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)

Instead of the scorching heat out here, my Octavia achieved the new feat or 51k kms of safe and pleasant driving experience.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-img20230419162944.jpg  


Last edited by Aditya : 23rd April 2023 at 11:01. Reason: Typo
Dr.Vikas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2023, 14:19   #5369
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Vadodara
Posts: 22
Thanked: 7 Times
Re: Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)

And yet another DSG failure feather in the Skoda India cap!

My 2015 Octavia 1.8TSI is in the garage with a Multi-Clutch and Mechatronic component failure. Expected expense of ₹2Lakhs. And add to that it's been at the dealership 7 weeks now!

Well all cars have their pros and cons; and for their engine and sheer performance of my Octavia I am willing to overlook the component failure. One of the things that I am happy to take in my stride.

But wait a minute. 7 weeks to get a part!?! Just doesn't stop me from thinking about the supply chain management process of Skoda India. Probably they need a more efficient operations person.

While I was typing this, I got a reply from Skoda India. It's the kind of email that is sent when one has nothing concrete to say! So, alas the wait continues.

If some Skoda Brand or PR personnel happens to view this thread! My only request: You've got a great machine; failures can happen too! But such supply chain issues on service! My NPS has fallen from a 10 to a 3 already!
Attached Images
 
sedatecruiser is offline  
Old 25th April 2023, 20:55   #5370
Senior - BHPian
 
Desmosedici's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: White Village
Posts: 1,456
Thanked: 519 Times
Re: Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sedatecruiser View Post
And yet another DSG failure feather in the Skoda India cap!

My 2015 Octavia 1.8TSI is in the garage with a Multi-Clutch and Mechatronic component failure. Expected expense of ₹2Lakhs. And add to that it's been at the dealership 7 weeks now!

Well all cars have their pros and cons; and for their engine and sheer performance of my Octavia I am willing to overlook the component failure. One of the things that I am happy to take in my stride.

But wait a minute. 7 weeks to get a part!?! Just doesn't stop me from thinking about the supply chain management process of Skoda India. Probably they need a more efficient operations person.

While I was typing this, I got a reply from Skoda India. It's the kind of email that is sent when one has nothing concrete to say! So, alas the wait continues.

If some Skoda Brand or PR personnel happens to view this thread! My only request: You've got a great machine; failures can happen too! But such supply chain issues on service! My NPS has fallen from a 10 to a 3 already!
Assuming that the car is out of warranty, did you try independent garages who can repair. There are a few threads I believe on the same.
Desmosedici is offline  
Reply

Most Viewed
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks