Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th May 2023, 15:11   #5386
BHPian

Re: Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Vikas View Post
Hi Rahul,

I faced the same issue in my Yeti recently.
Eventually got the job done at an FNG.
Go to post #2192 of The Official Review of Škoda Yeti HERE (Skoda Yeti : Review, Price & Pictures)

Hope it helps you.
Thanks
Hello Dr, My window too is stuck in down position. What's interesting is that in your case the motor and the window lifter is different, but as per ASC, Both are a single part and hence the part alone is 13,734 excluding GST.
Will check with them once again. Thank you.
RahulRV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th May 2023, 09:56   #5387
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sedatecruiser View Post
Let's wait till 1st week of May, else will talk to the ASC and go outside. What they say so far is that the Mechatronics need replacement. For me the quote's come higher because they are replacing the dual-clutch and mechatronics both.
What’s the update? Did you get it sorted at the ASC or still in the waiting for the parts.

What cost breakup did the ASC provide for replacement?
Old 18th May 2023, 10:15   #5388
BHPian

Noise from the front suspension - Stabilizer bar replacement suggested

TLDR:
Noise from the front suspension at 47k km. Got it checked and lubricated the components from the ASC. They said it could require stabilizer bar replacement.

Backstory:
There has been a weird noise from the front suspension for a while now. I first noticed this whenever I went over the speed humps in my apartment basement, and later realised that it's there consistently there on broken roads (Just that I never heard it because of other noises around).

I took it to the ASC and they said that it might be wear-and-tear on the stabilizer bar and the part would cost around 12k. They said that we could first try lubricating the components to check if that solves the problem. It did not.

They also assured me that the noise is not something to worry about, and if it becomes too much, I could then change the stabilizer bar. Also, this component is apparently listed in the warranty exemption list as a wear-and-tear component, so I can't claim the warranty.

I am super careful on bad roads and never go over the speed breakers or bad roads even remotely fast. In fact, I drive it as slow or slower than people who drive Ferraris with low GC.

The only stress I believe I give on the suspension is during some sudden accelerations that I do, which is also something that I've only done a handful of times.

Car and issue details:
  • 2019 Octavia L&K (1.8TSI)
  • The noise started at 47k km. Lurbrication done at this point.
  • Current ODO reads at 50k km.

Questions:
  1. Is this a common issue?
  2. Would it make sense to get it checked by a trusted FNG?
  3. Is it okay if I live with the noise (Highly unlikely I would, but still)
Old 18th May 2023, 11:25   #5389
BHPian

Re: Noise from the front suspension - Stabilizer bar replacement suggested

Quote:
Originally Posted by anaghp View Post
TLDR:
Noise from the front suspension at 47k km. Got it checked and lubricated the components from the ASC. They said it could require stabilizer bar replacement.

[*]Would it make sense to get it checked by a trusted FNG?
[/list]
Please check with trusted FNG, These blokes in ASC may try to loot you.
47k and such pampered driving SHOULD NOT be damaging any suspension parts.
DRIVE_ADDICT is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2023, 17:06   #5390
BHPian

Re: Noise from the front suspension - Stabilizer bar replacement suggested

Quote:
Originally Posted by anaghp View Post
TLDR:
[
The skoda suspension especially in octavia and superb is world class and doesn't require such frequent repairs. The more common cause of such noise from front suspension is the "Bushes" getting cracked. Its a rubber part and is prone to cracking due to age. Some lubrication would fix it for a short while but eventually it would require change. It should cost only ~1500 rs for a pair in a Skoda workshop incl. labor.
the pony is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2023, 19:13   #5391
BHPian

I am considering an used Octavia, haven't completely finalised on it. Do you guys think it is still a good buy? If so, what model should I be looking at? I am inclined more towards diesel. I have seen a 2.0 TDi which has done around 53k kms. What is a good price for it in Bangalore. Do you guys think its a good mileage car? Will I run into any issues with spares since the diesel ones are no longer in production?
Old 24th May 2023, 10:16   #5392
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chethan.ram View Post
I am considering an used Octavia, haven't completely finalised on it. Do you guys think it is still a good buy? If so, what model should I be looking at? I am inclined more towards diesel. I have seen a 2.0 TDi which has done around 53k kms. What is a good price for it in Bangalore. Do you guys think its a good mileage car? Will I run into any issues with spares since the diesel ones are no longer in production?
I am In the similar boat as you. I am considering a 2018 example done 53K but 2 owner car. It has extended warranty till 2024.

What would be the ideal price?
Old 24th May 2023, 11:33   #5393
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Downshift98 View Post
I am In the similar boat as you. I am considering a 2018 example done 53K but 2 owner car. It has extended warranty till 2024.

What would be the ideal price?
13 lakh tops provided it has a clean service history with all warranty repair details if any, no major accidents, usable tyres, and battery. Also check if it has already completed the DSG oil service which happens at 4 yrs / 60000 kms mark, whichever is earlier. If not, check if you can buy a service pack which includes the DSG service as well as its a major service and it will cost you around 30K out of pocket.
adi_petrolhead is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2023, 11:41   #5394
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_petrolhead View Post
13 lakh tops provided it has a clean service history with all warranty repair details if any, no major accidents, usable tyres, and battery. Also check if it has already completed the DSG oil service which happens at 4 yrs / 60000 kms mark, whichever is earlier. If not, check if you can buy a service pack which includes the DSG service as well as its a major service and it will cost you around 30K out of pocket.
With current demand for 2.0 TDI since they are out of production, will 13L be an ideal price? I am currently neagotiaing with a dealer for 17L.

Good point about the gearbox oil change. I'll check for that!
Old 27th May 2023, 10:38   #5395
BHPian

My october 2016 Octavia 1.8tsi eventually had the gearbox failure. The odometer is little over 60000km. In October 2022, my 6 year warranty had expired. Then I had purchased the 1 year anytime warranty in January. So, thankfully the replacement will happen under warranty.
The breakdown didn't happen all of a sudden. My car was driveable even at the time of reporting this issue. Just that every now and then I would be getting this message "Gearbox in emergency mode. You can drive on." Also there was loss of power occasionally during driving with another message "depress brake pedal". After restart the issue used to go away. But, as it was becoming very frequent, I decided to get it checked up. And, it was decided that my car needs a Mechatronic replacement. It will take at least 15-20 days for the parts to arrive and only then work will be done.
As it is my only car, I requested for a loaner car. And thankfully after a wait of 2-3 days I got one from the service center, a Skoda Kushaq Ambition 1.0 AT. The dealership is Mody Skoda, Hyderabad. They are a relatively new dealership(may be 2-3 year old) and I am getting my car serviced/repaired with them since October 2022. Although the experience has not been perfect, but their leadership team try their best to keep the customers happy.
Old 28th May 2023, 00:40   #5396
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chethan.ram View Post
Spares are not an issue at all in Bangalore. If not Skoda, the FNGs can source it easier for you. And Octavia TDI is very reliable, my 2016 TDI with 80k kms run did not have any issues till now other than regular running maintenance.
Old 29th May 2023, 14:42   #5397
BHPian

Hello,

Off late, I am facing a couple of issues with the AC in my Octavia. The cooling was nice, but during rainy days I was always having problems with the heater. Whenever I turned on the heater, the passenger side vents near the windshield would throw warm air, but cold air in the driver side vents. Asked around in the web and found that the heater core needs replacement. Haven't replaced it yet as I planned to do it next month.

However, since today the recirculation button is not enabling at all and the blower doesn't throw any air at all even if I change the blower speed. Also, for the past two weeks, there was a thrumming noise when the blower was working in full speed and used to go away when I reduce the blower speed. Now, it has completely stopped working along with the recirculation mode not enabling despite me pressing the button repeatedly. The light in the button does not turn on.

What could be the problem here and kindly advice on how to fix this. I have outstation trips planned for the entire week and couldn't go without AC.

Thanks in advance.
Old 31st May 2023, 10:13   #5398
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy2345 View Post
Hello,

Off late, I am facing a couple of issues with the AC in my Octavia. The cooling was nice, but during rainy days I was always having problems with the heater. Whenever I turned on the heater, the passenger side vents near the windshield would throw warm air, but cold air in the driver side vents. Asked around in the web and found that the heater core needs replacement. Haven't replaced it yet as I planned to do it next month.

However, since today the recirculation button is not enabling at all and the blower doesn't throw any air at all even if I change the blower speed. Also, for the past two weeks, there was a thrumming noise when the blower was working in full speed and used to go away when I reduce the blower speed. Now, it has completely stopped working along with the recirculation mode not enabling despite me pressing the button repeatedly. The light in the button does not turn on.

What could be the problem here and kindly advice on how to fix this. I have outstation trips planned for the entire week and couldn't go without AC.

Thanks in advance.

You can try this for now. Given the array of electronics and sensors, you never know what might resolve the issue.

e.g. - my passenger side window was not having the auto up down function all of a sudden. Watched a few videos, did a simple reset and voila. It works.

All the best.

Cheers,
Raj
Desmosedici is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st May 2023, 17:48   #5399
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desmosedici View Post

You can try this for now. Given the array of electronics and sensors, you never know what might resolve the issue.

Cheers,
Raj
Hi! Thank you for the suggestion. I did try this and sadly it did not work. Upon inspection, it was found that the blower motor is dead. So, I have to replace the blower motor for which the guy is saying you can go with either an import brand or the OE one. The price difference between both seems to be around 7-8k.

Not sure which brand he refers to when he says imported one. The import one costs 7k it seems. I guess the OE is Valeo brand.

Could you all please suggest which one should I go for? Would it be a mistake if I go for a non-OE brand? Has anyone here had replaced the same?

Thanks!
Old 1st June 2023, 09:39   #5400
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy2345 View Post
Hi! Thank you for the suggestion. I did try this and sadly it did not work. Upon inspection, it was found that the blower motor is dead. So, I have to replace the blower motor for which the guy is saying you can go with either an import brand or the OE one. The price difference between both seems to be around 7-8k.

Not sure which brand he refers to when he says imported one. The import one costs 7k it seems. I guess the OE is Valeo brand.

Could you all please suggest which one should I go for? Would it be a mistake if I go for a non-OE brand? Has anyone here had replaced the same?

Thanks!
If you go to the ASC, you will get a two year warranty on the part thats replaced. So please check that option.

Secondly I have not heard of a blower motor conking off frequently so maybe you can take a calculated risk for going for the unbranded one.

Depends on what you deem to be ok.

Cheers,
Raj
Desmosedici is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks