Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th August 2023, 16:23   #5461
Senior - BHPian

Re: Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_petrolhead View Post
Sounds like bad mounts, could be engine, could be gearbox, sub frame mount. Good time to change all, even if you go to your trusted FNG, ensure to source the parts directly from your Skoda dealership. I would not risk with third party spares for critical components like mounts. All major mounts will not cost you more than 20-25000/-
Thanks Adi, that helps.
Yes, will get the OEM spares sourced by them. They normally suggest to put OEM products itself. Will get the car checked next week once I am back to Bangalore.
Old 12th August 2023, 20:38   #5462
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by robby0707 View Post
My octavia is due for its 60000/ 4 yrs service.
The car has so far done 56kms and is under then enhanced 4 year service package which includes one set of brake pad/ disc.
Will I be able to change the pads and discs at a later stage under the service package even if it has crossed 4 years??
Did this work out? Some OEMs allow handing over of un-replaced parts but most don't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunikkat View Post
Hello, my Octavia TDI MT is 7.5 years old and 84k kms run.
Would this be engine mounts going weak? If yes, do you think it’s good to change all mounts together?
Good time to change all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_petrolhead View Post
Sounds like bad mounts, could be engine, could be gearbox, sub frame mount. Good time to change all, even if you go to your trusted FNG, ensure to source the parts directly from your Skoda dealership.
Well said. Please source from OEM and replace all in one go.
itwasntme is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th August 2023, 23:00   #5463
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Did this work out? Some OEMs allow handing over of un-replaced parts but most don't.

Good time to change all!

Well said. Please source from OEM and replace all in one go.
They did not hand me over the old parts. But changed everything under the service package in front of me.
Old 13th August 2023, 08:03   #5464
BHPian

Quote:
Hello, my Octavia TDI MT is 7.5 years old and 84k kms run.

Yesterday while on my drive to Trivandrum, I experienced some shuddering from the engine whenever the car is in 6th gear and the speed is picking from 90kmph. i.e at around 105 kmph for 2 to 3 seconds. Once the speed is increased no issues. No other problem in terms of pick up or drive. Car is stage 1 mapped.
Please get the drive shafts checked.
vignesh.cv is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th August 2023, 11:02   #5465
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Would this be engine mounts going weak? If yes, do you think it’s good to change all mounts together? Also any estimated cost of each mount?
Update:

So took the car to my trusted FNG. They inspected the car and as suspected the engine mount has given up. On further inspection gearbox mount is weak too. So changing all 3 mounts with OEM spares.
Old 17th August 2023, 22:54   #5466

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Guys, a 35k run Octy available for sale. KA 03 MV series in Silver color. If anyone interested, pls ping me.
Hi Condor, I'm a newbie hence unable to ping or email you. Would be of great help if you can ping or email your contact details, please.

Thanks in advance!
Old 18th August 2023, 20:18   #5467
BHPian

Hi friends,

Has anybody here experienced the Samruddhi mahamarg ?

Next week, I'm planning to take on a 'l o o ong' journey to Nagpur via Chhatrapati Sambhaji Nagar (previously known as Aurangabad) & back home (~2k kms) in Octavia 1.8 TSI AT, my ultimate choice for such long drives.

The odometer reading is 54+k kms in 5.5 yrs and all 4 brake pads have just been changed.

We'd be driving about 450 kms one way on the SMM and I'm sure, the stretch would really be very exiting.

My reliable companion:
Attached Thumbnails
Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-img20230813wa0166.jpg  

Dr.Vikas is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st August 2023, 21:00   #5468
BHPian

Hi all,
During carrying out some preventive check up prior to the proposed long drive, one of the front axle boots, found torn.
In fact, there haven't been any symptoms/ malfunction observed while driving.
Anyway, happy to have noticed the issue well in advance, before cropping up any real menace.

I then immediately ordered the spare parts at Škoda ASC alongwith a pouch of the grease (G-052-133-A3) specially required for the job. Today purchased the spares off the counter and the work is planned for tomorrow.

Here are pics of both the spares.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-img20230821145040.jpg  

Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-img20230821174326.jpg  

Last edited by Dr.Vikas : 21st August 2023 at 21:12. Reason: Correction
Dr.Vikas is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2023, 03:26   #5469
BHPian

Quote:
Update:

So took the car to my trusted FNG. They inspected the car and as suspected the engine mount has given up. On further inspection gearbox mount is weak too. So changing all 3 mounts with OEM spares.
Hi! Could you please share the cost of all the three mounts?

My Octy's center bed is also due for change and it was quoted around 10k. Would like to know the cost of A and B beds as well which you replaced.

Thanks in advance!
Old 22nd August 2023, 09:20   #5470
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Vikas View Post
During carrying out some preventive check up prior to the proposed long drive, one of the front axle boots, found torn.
In fact, there haven't been any symptoms/ malfunction observed while driving.
Anyway, happy to have noticed the issue well in advance, before cropping up any real menace.
Glad you noticed! Crucial child part and could have led to driveshaft failure at a later date. Remember the infamous M800 khat khat noise on full lock turns?

Also, is Skoda freely selling spares across the counter? That is a good move as some OEMs are still not complying.
itwasntme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2023, 20:15   #5471
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Also, is Skoda freely selling spares across the counter? That is a good move as some OEMs are still not complying.

Yeah, selling spare parts off the counter is really a much awaited customer friendly initiative by ŠkodaAutoIndia. Lately, the concern was taken up with Mr.Zac and his team, and thankfully it was addressed in a positive manner.

A job card is duly generated against VIN of the car and the required parts are handed over with invoice. Only thing you may miss in the bargain here could be the warranty (in case if applicable to those spares).

Today, got the axle boot replaced at my regular FNG. It was really a sigh of relief for me to having managed to overcome a possible disaster.

Pics for reference:

Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-img_20230822_194610.jpg

Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-img_20230822_194550.jpg

Also to commemorate the event, my Octavia achieved the milestone of 55k kms today.

Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-img20230822124101.jpg

Cheers

Last edited by Dr.Vikas : 22nd August 2023 at 20:24.
Dr.Vikas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2023, 22:03   #5472
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy2345 View Post
Hi! Could you please share the cost of all the three mounts?

My Octy's center bed is also due for change and it was quoted around 10k. Would like to know the cost of A and B beds as well which you replaced.

Thanks in advance!
Attached is the bill for reference. The first 3 parts are the mounts related and associated labour charges and taxes at the bottom. Since it’s the OEM product I don’t expect much difference in price from Skoda vs. FNG.

Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-img_2003.jpeg
sunikkat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th August 2023, 21:01   #5473
BHPian

Hi all,

Never forget to Buckle Up !
You've a very capable machine at your service.

Eventually, I'm back after my successful 'Adventure Drive' on the Samruddhi Maha Marg that ended on SAFE note as desired.

Octavia behaved so well, that even after continued journey of this magnitude, nobody of us faced any kind of fatigue or pain. Remember we had 2 senior citizens on board and they also enjoyed the thrilling experience of the spirited drive. Just believe me, I really had a dream run on the SMM.

Octavia is indeed a superfast car, absolutely phenomenal and more importantly, much stable through out the 'adventure'.

It's a true beast & I can't think of any car which is as powerful and dynamically stable as Octavia in that segment.

For the Octavia 1.8 TSI, usually 650+ kms a tank is the range generally one can look at.
But on SMM that day, I did mistake the range (DTE) in stead of the actual kms to cover somehow & literally messed up things badly.

We were at Mehkar Petrol Pump located immediately after entering on the E-Way with 60 kms of range left (DTE) and I mistakenly thought that 20 ltrs of fuel would easily suffice for the day.
And after some 220+ kms, the alert message popped up once again in the MID & suddenly I realised my mistake.
We then somehow managed to reach the next bunk to observe a great sigh of relief for all of us.

You can find my review on SMM at
Here (Samruddhi Mahamarg: 701 km super expressway will connect Nagpur to Mumbai)

Finally, I'd be hitting the SMM once again next month, but in my Yeti 4x4 this time to explore the capabilities of TDI at the fullest.

Cheers

Last edited by Dr.Vikas : 27th August 2023 at 21:05.
Dr.Vikas is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th August 2023, 19:05   #5474
BHPian

Hey guys, am planning to look at a pre-owned 1.8ysi 2016. I have been offered a good price and was wondering what are the things I need to look out for?

I currently drive a Jetta and am a bit vary of buying a big 3 German car, mainly due to the costs of servicing and parts. I have been very happy with the Jetta 1.4 tsi, but with traffic the way it is, I want to change to an automatic.

I am planning to give the car for a full service to Tafe before I buy, so as to know if there are any issues. The car in question has done just under 50,000 kms.

Any tips and concerns would be most appreciated. Thanks
Old 5th September 2023, 17:49   #5475
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mav2000 View Post
Hey guys, am planning to look at a pre-owned 1.8ysi 2016. I have been offered a good price and was wondering what are the things I need to look out for?

I currently drive a Jetta and am a bit vary of buying a big 3 German car, mainly due to the costs of servicing and parts. I have been very happy with the Jetta 1.4 tsi, but with traffic the way it is, I want to change to an automatic.

I am planning to give the car for a full service to Tafe before I buy, so as to know if there are any issues. The car in question has done just under 50,000 kms.

Any tips and concerns would be most appreciated. Thanks
1.8 Tsi is beautiful to drive however be wary that the Mechatronics might act up and it generally does post 50k kms is what I have concluded after reading several threads.

Set aside around 1.5 L for Mechatronics and ancillary issues. Water pump failure is a known issue.

Long term service will need suspension work, engine mounts etc which are there for all cars.

I had picked up my 2015 Tsi at 40k kms and had a water pump leakage in April this year at 50k kms.

Hope this helps in some way.

Cheers,
Raj
Desmosedici is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks