Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th February 2024, 22:02   #5551
BHPian

Re: Need advice on insurance claim

Quote:
Originally Posted by anaghp View Post
I need some urgent help from the forum. I met with an accident on the 8th of January and the car has been in the workshop since then. The insurance claim is going back and forth and no repair work has started.
Hey, How did things turn out finally ? Did the Insurance company settle the bill with you ?
Old 26th February 2024, 11:29   #5552
BHPian

Re: Need advice on insurance claim

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivek.ks View Post
Hey, How did things turn out finally ? Did the Insurance company settle the bill with you ?
Hey, thanks for checking up on this.

I was waiting to write a detailed post after everything was done. The short version is this:
  1. Skoda ASC gave me a quote that was more than 75% of the IDV. Royal Sundaram made a salvage offer in such a way that I'd get the car and 6 lacs.
  2. I didn't want to accept the offer. Instead, I took the car to Code6 where they expected they could repair and reuse parts, unlike the ASC which could bring down the cost. But even their estimate was high.
  3. So I was left with no choice but to accept the original offer of 6 lacs + my car. I got the car towed to a garage in Bangalore last week owned by a friend of a friend. I will be getting it fixed here. It should take around 2 months before I get the car back. So a total of at least 4 months without the car. :(
Old 29th February 2024, 16:35   #5553
BHPian

Re: Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)

Hello members,
Just wanted to update on an experiment in fixing the Octavia’s brittle steering wheel scroll button. The button started to crack within 3 years of ownership & it wasn’t pressed hard or manhandled. One fine day it fell apart in pieces. The irritating part was the display was stuck in “finding bluetooth” mode. Usually i leave it in digital speed reading mode. This was always on back of my mind and had casually enquired ASC regarding the same. The only option is to change the whole MFD control switch which includes for both the sides and costs a good 26k iirc. Thinking about the price I could stop thinking about it for few days & after that it would be on my mind again. Was scouting through youtube & found a channel from northern part of India working on similar problem on a skoda Rapid. He was selling the wheel/button on flipkart & I figured why not give it a try. Received the part in 3 days & after office I rushed home and started the job.
Tools required were T6, T8 screw bits & a screw driver to remove the airbag module. Mr Parth from Autoholics (the seller) helped me out throughout the process and I’m thankful for the same. This might be an easy 30 min work for the pros but I surely took a lot more.
The process is to remove the airbag module by moving the clip which can be accessed behind the steering wheel. The pull out the frame where the button are affixed to. Then carefully remove the screws and open that switch & remove the broken pieces of the scroll button. The part I got was not the exact one as used originally but you have to trim the thin stick holding the wheel in order to put the new scroll in & fix it. Have to be careful as if it breaks then its not gonna be good.
Have attached few pictures of the process.
Opening the Airbag Module.Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-img_2513.jpeg
Opening the buttons assembly/unit.Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-6b6ce50f170b464e92d07776d5306eec.jpeg
Removing the screw to remove the scroller inside.Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-img_2518.jpegReview: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-img_2520.jpeg
After putting the new scroller button.
Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-img_2522.jpeg
Hope this is helpful to the members.
RahulRV is online now   (8) Thanks
Old 29th February 2024, 19:29   #5554
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RahulRV View Post
Hello members,
Just wanted to update on an experiment in fixing the Octavia’s brittle steering wheel scroll button. .
I had the volume side broken when I had got my car pre worshipped a couple of years back. I had got my cousin from canada to order it via Aliexpress and get it down for me.

Got it fixed at Skoda ASS last month.

Funny thing is my muscle memory, hand goes towards the main volume button every time.
Desmosedici is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2024, 15:50   #5555
Distinguished - BHPian

Received today for my sold Octavia 1.8TSI:

Greetings from RAJA SKODA LLP!!!! Campaign for air bags

This notice relates to a free campaign checkup

Skoda is replacing the front air bag on the driver's side for security purposes.

It is advised that you schedule an appointment with us in advance if you require quick delivery.

If you're done, ignore this message.

Thank You Sir !
Old 15th March 2024, 15:42   #5556
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumesh_Jazz View Post
I dont know if it is the case with your car, but my jetta had the same issues. Turns out BCM was unseated from its position. The connectors were removed, cleaned and reattached. Please see if it is the case with your car as well.
blogslogger is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2024, 12:15   #5557
BHPian

Friends,
I saw this error on my 3rd Gen Skoda Octavia (purchased in 2018 Jan).
"Error: gearbox:
You can drive on.

Attached the image as well.

Checked with Skoda TAFe access Bangalore. They were mentioning it could be mechatronics failure or may be the whole assemble may have to be changed. ( Anywhere from 60K to 1.2 Lakhs).

Wanted to check if anyone in the group has experienced this and any advice here..
Also this is error pops up for a second or so and it disappears.

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-img20240226wa0004.jpg  

Last edited by srikrishna717 : 20th March 2024 at 12:16. Reason: added additional information
srikrishna717 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2024, 14:20   #5558
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srikrishna717 View Post
Friends,
You can drive on.

Wanted to check if anyone in the group has experienced this and any advice here..
Also this is error pops up for a second or so and it disappears.

Thanks
Please get the gearbox and mechatronics oil replaced. I had a similar issue and was told the same by Skoda. Got both oils changed and it’s been around 3k kms now. All good.

Better to try this than getting a gearbox replacement done.

Cheers,
Raj
Desmosedici is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st March 2024, 14:25   #5559
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Friends,
You can drive on.

Attached the image as well.

Checked with Skoda TAFe access Bangalore. They were mentioning it could be mechatronics failure or may be the whole assemble may have to be changed. ( Anywhere from 60K to 1.2 Lakhs).

Thanks
If your car is not under warranty take it to a good FNG. There are many good ones in Bangalore.
Old 21st March 2024, 15:56   #5560
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desmosedici View Post
Please get the gearbox and mechatronics oil replaced. I had a similar issue and was told the same by Skoda. Got both oils changed and it’s been around 3k kms now. All good.

Better to try this than getting a gearbox replacement done.

Cheers,
Raj
Thanks Raj, am checking with them. Also, would you know this message maps to the same error code in their diagnostic tool?
Old 21st March 2024, 15:58   #5561
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunikkat View Post
If your car is not under warranty take it to a good FNG. There are many good ones in Bangalore.
Hi Sunikkat, yes Car is not under warranty ( 6+ years old ). If you know of a good reference to an expert Skoda service guy in bangalore please let me know, I will reach out to them as well
Old 21st March 2024, 18:48   #5562
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Raj, am checking with them. Also, would you know this message maps to the same error code in their diagnostic tool?
Yes, it will display mechatronics issue. I first faced the issue when i took the car on a very steep incline. Parked it for the day and next day morning i got the error message. A simple switch off / on would get rid of the error message and the car would run absolutely fine.

I read quite a bit regd this. Though vw claims GB and Mechatronics oil is sealed for life, it’s not so. Periodic change is suggested on most forums, even in countries with better climatic conditions than ours.

The oil change will hardly take an hour.
When you get the oil changed, please check how much oil has been drained and refill the same quantity or maybe 50 ml more as the mechatronics module will have some residual oil left inside (maybe 100ml).

GB oil should be 1.7 litres and Mechatronics oil capacity should be 1 litre however as mentioned above, check the quality drained.

Post the oil changes, coding needs to be done. During coding the GB will be re calibrated and you will hear lot of ‘khat khat’ sounds where the system checks the gears.

After this you are done. Cost for all of the above should be approximately 6k.

Trust this helps.

Cheers,
Raj
Desmosedici is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st March 2024, 20:21   #5563
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Sunikkat, yes Car is not under warranty ( 6+ years old ). If you know of a good reference to an expert Skoda service guy in bangalore please let me know, I will reach out to them as well
I give my Octavia at CarMed (Code 6). Super happy with their service, facility and the guys. All the repair jobs done from there have been great.
Engineering Exponent is good too based on my experience.
sunikkat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2024, 21:51   #5564
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blogslogger View Post
I dont know if it is the case with your car, but my jetta had the same issues. Turns out BCM was unseated from its position. The connectors were removed, cleaned and reattached. Please see if it is the case with your car as well.
Thank you for the suggestion. Would be really useful information as many times the service centre fails to identify the real cause for the issue.
Regards
Old 7th April 2024, 11:28   #5565
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desmosedici View Post
Yes, it will display mechatronics issue. I first faced the issue when i took the car on a very steep incline. Parked it for the day and next day morning i got the error message. A simple switch off / on would get rid of the error message and the car would run absolutely fine.

I read quite a bit regd this. Though vw claims GB and Mechatronics oil is sealed for life, it’s not so. Periodic change is suggested on most forums, even in countries with better climatic conditions than ours.

The oil change will hardly take an hour.
When you get the oil changed, please check how much oil has been drained and refill the same quantity or maybe 50 ml more as the mechatronics module will have some residual oil left inside (maybe 100ml).

GB oil should be 1.7 litres and Mechatronics oil capacity should be 1 litre however as mentioned above, check the quality drained.

Post the oil changes, coding needs to be done. During coding the GB will be re calibrated and you will hear lot of ‘khat khat’ sounds where the system checks the gears.

After this you are done. Cost for all of the above should be approximately 6k.

Trust this helps.

Cheers,
Raj
Raj> I have got the oil changes done as per your suggestion, Tafe access insisted that they keep the vehicle for a day so that they can do longer road tests post the suggested oil changes. They encountered no errors. So far I have driven about 400 kms and have'nt seen the error. Fingers crossed!
Thanks to you for this suggestion Raj. Appreciate it!
srikrishna717 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks