Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th November 2019, 20:39   #3856
BHPian

re: Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by satish_appasani View Post
May I know from people who booked Onyx petrol how much discount you are getting?
Is it mandatory to buy basic accessories kit with the car? Hyderabad dealer is not agreeing to either not sell the kit or sell just what i want. They are saying it is mandatory to buy the full accessories kit even if i don't need them. It is company policy.
I had enquired with both the dealers in Bangalore and neither of them are offering any discount on the Onyx.
One of them was ok with me not taking the essential accessories kit but were not ready to sell selected accessories that I wanted.

Hope this helps.
Mistakenguy is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 12th November 2019, 00:14   #3857
SLK
Senior - BHPian

And here it comes the New Octavia 2020
https://www.motor1.com/news/381471/2...ia-livestream/

My first impression. This is clearly a looker.

The interior is also next-gen. Well, this was always expected, but it actually has turned out to be better than expectations.

https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/skoda/...ket-interior#2

Last edited by SLK : 12th November 2019 at 00:32.
SLK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th November 2019, 01:42   #3858
Distinguished - BHPian

Looks like there are no diesel engines, at least at launch? Surprising, given how many 3rd gen diesel Octavias one sees in Europe, literally every other taxi is a Diesel Octavia there. Even in India, the range and practicality of the TDI will be much missed.
Old 12th November 2019, 10:14   #3859
Distinguished - BHPian

Want to change my pre-facelift Octavia's front & rear parking lamps + indicator bulbs to CANBUS error-free LEDs.

Any tips please? Happy to import from the UK/EU if needed but confused by the specs. They must be CANBUS error-free as I don't have any appetite for VAS coding. Thanks!

Couple of sites I was looking at:
https://www.powerbulbs.com/eu/
https://www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk/
Old 12th November 2019, 13:59   #3860
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
Looks like there are no diesel engines, at least at launch? Surprising, given how many 3rd gen diesel Octavias one sees in Europe, literally every other taxi is a Diesel Octavia there. Even in India, the range and practicality of the TDI will be much missed.
Well as per the below article by Autocar India, the 2.0TDi will be offered in three states of tunes - 200hp, 150hp, and 115hp. The 200hp version will be all-wheel drive and DSG only, achieving 0-100kph in a claimed 7.1sec.

Now, all it remains to be seen is which all engines will come to our Indian shores as Autocar says India will only get petrol engine options :(

Source

Last edited by Venku2015 : 12th November 2019 at 14:02.
Old 12th November 2019, 14:02   #3861
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timothy View Post
Hi Sumesh,
Do post some pics of the interior also.
Sorry for the delay. I am posting some of the interior pics of the Onyx.

Regards

Sumesh

Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-img_20191110_163718.jpg

Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-img_20191110_163654.jpg

Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-img_20191110_163621.jpg

Last edited by aah78 : 13th November 2019 at 22:47. Reason: Pictures inserted in-line.
Sumesh_Jazz is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 12th November 2019, 16:32   #3862
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistakenguy View Post
One of them was ok with me not taking the essential accessories kit but were not ready to sell selected accessories that I wanted.

Hope this helps.
I called Skoda customer care helpline and checked if they have mandatory accessories package policy. They said it is mandatory and is dealer's decision to make it optional or not. Looks like there is no option other than paying for essential package if you want Skoda car.
Old 13th November 2019, 10:54   #3863
BHPian

The essential accessories kit comes in a box separately and it is transported from the plant in Mladá Boleslav in Czech to Aurangabad as informed to me by the sales executive in Skoda. This means they will have a kit supplied for each vehicle. Some of the accessories like the front mud flaps and the rubber mats are really useful. The rubber mats are having elevated borders thereby keeping the dirt/dust collected within the mat itself enabling easy removal/cleaning. The remaining items like cushions and sill covers are also very premium. IMHO the accessory kit would be a very nice and useful addition to go for.
Sumesh
Sumesh_Jazz is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th November 2019, 11:40   #3864
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumesh_Jazz View Post
The essential accessories kit comes in a box separately and it is transported from the plant in Mladá Boleslav in Czech to Aurangabad as informed to me by the sales executive in Skoda. This means they will have a kit supplied for each vehicle. Some of the accessories like the front mud flaps and the rubber mats are really useful. The rubber mats are having elevated borders thereby keeping the dirt/dust collected within the mat itself enabling easy removal/cleaning. The remaining items like cushions and sill covers are also very premium. IMHO the accessory kit would be a very nice and useful addition to go for.
Sumesh
Tend to agree with Sumesh here. One of the rare occasions that I have liked OEM 'bundled' accessories. Go for it I'd say. Only the cushions are extraneous - flog them here on TBHP Classifieds :-)
itwasntme is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 13th November 2019, 17:09   #3865

I'm having some strange problems and any help in this regard would be appreciated:
1. Had my mechatronics replaced a few months back. After I received it I noticed a peculiar behaviour almost every evening when i start the car and leave for home. The first time the car shifts from 2nd to 3rd there is a jerk. Doesn't repeat again and does not usually happen at any other time other than late evening. Could it be because my car is parked on a slope? Rather strange...

2. Last week my headlights refused to turn on either in auto or manual mode. Funnily after about 4 hours it started working normally again!
3. Today while I was driving to work the EPC warning light turned on, the AC stopped cooling and the safety mode engaged which means The power was severely reduced and I had to cruse at 30-40km. Within 5 minutes the engine started overheating and there's a loud whirring of the fan!!!
Towing the car to Tafe tomorrow.Can anyone help me with what I need to look out for. I feel like my car is possessed

Sorry forgot to mention that my car is a 1.8tsi and driven in Bangalore

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 13th November 2019 at 17:30.
Old 13th November 2019, 21:49   #3866
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaygojer View Post
I'm having some strange problems and any help in this regard would be appreciated:
Hi Jaygojer, worrying developments after your mechatronics change, and I would have ordinarily said 2 is because of a failing battery. But 3 is probably linked to 1 and is serious stuff worthy of engine damage.

Please keep us posted and can you upload your mechatronics change bill? Do hide all personal details!

Last edited by aah78 : 13th November 2019 at 22:47. Reason: Quote trimmed. Don't quote large posts entirely please.
Old 13th November 2019, 21:59   #3867

Hi itwasntme, thanks for the response. I just replaced my battery a month back so it's unlikely that could be the problem.
I'll keep you all posted. In the mean time if any of you has any inputs or things that I need to be aware off, please do let me know.
Thanks!
Old 13th November 2019, 22:00   #3868
BHPian

Quote:
My guess would be, that Rat has done its job, hope the damage is not too serious.
Old 13th November 2019, 22:06   #3869
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The last issue is most likely the thermostat which has failed. It leaks coolant onto its own electrical couplers causing a short and triggering the EPC. Since the thermostat isn't working either, the engine starts to overheat and the ECU restricts performance by limiting revs to 4000.

I don't mean to scare you but the thermostat assembly is around Rs. 50K. It's surely on the expensive side. As for the jerks, ask the service centre to thoroughly investigate if they have messed up in installing the new mechatronics module. Do a DSG adaptation reset just Incase but if the problem persists, it's quite obvious you have to open the GB up again and check.

Same for the headlamps. Hook it up to a Diagnostics machine and see if the AFS throws up error codes through the BCM. That's your best bet. Else it might just be a loose contact.

Cheers,
Ananth

Last edited by aah78 : 13th November 2019 at 22:48. Reason: Quote trimmed. Don't quote large posts entirely please.
Old 13th November 2019, 22:39   #3870

Thank you tirthankard : hope it's only a minor issue

Thanks vishy76 for the detailed explanation - this really helps. I'm hoping your last statement is what it is ...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks