Search this Thread
Old 8th December 2019, 00:17   #4006
Senior - BHPian

re: Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almetal View Post
Michelin Primacy 4ST: 8390/- Per Tyre.
Goodyear NCT5 Buyback: 5000/- Per Tyre.

I think tyres are priced lower in Delhi/NCR than down south, so you might not get same price.
I paid 2000 for each Michelin Primacy 4ST tyre in Hyderabad.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 8th December 2019 at 09:20. Reason: Corrected typo.
satish_appasani is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2019, 08:48   #4007

Quote:
Originally Posted by satish_appasani View Post
I paid 2000 for each Michelin Primacy 4ST tyre in Hyderabad.
Thats a great deal, where did you get your tyres changed? Wanting to change tyres on my Octavia as well.

Thanks,
Raviteja

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 8th December 2019 at 09:20. Reason: Quoted post edited.
Old 8th December 2019, 09:25   #4008
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 773.raviteja View Post
Thats a great deal, where did you get your tyres changed? Wanting to change tyres on my Octavia as well
Xenex in Madhapur. +91 92465 40555 is the contact person's number.
Old 8th December 2019, 13:02   #4009
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 773.raviteja View Post
Thats a great deal, where did you get your tyres changed? Wanting to change tyres on my Octavia as well.

Thanks,
Raviteja
Check if the Primacy 4ST tyres have a warranty or not.
Authorized Michelin outlets will give a 3 yr warranty, while the imported tyres don't have any warranty and are consequently cheaper.

It's similar to mobile phones, the grey market ones are cheaper than those sold through the authorized channel.
Almetal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2019, 14:02   #4010
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almetal View Post
Check if the Primacy 4ST tyres have a warranty or not.
Almetal has a good point and your warranty should already have been registered by Xenex and you will have received a SMS like below:

Dear Customer, we welcome you to the Michelin family. Thanks for purchasing Michelin tyre from "xxxx".Your Digital Warranty no. "xxxxxxxx" for Michelin "xxx""No. of tyres" tyre(s) has been activated. Please visit www.michelin.in for Warranty T&C. If you wish to unsubscribe from any further communication from Michelin, please call us on our toll free number 18001036424 and we will help you with the needful. Regards, Michelin India

Last edited by itwasntme : 8th December 2019 at 14:16.
Old 8th December 2019, 14:28   #4011
Senior - BHPian

I did receive warranty SMS from Xenex within 15 minutes after i left the shop.
Old 8th December 2019, 14:44   #4012
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satish_appasani View Post
I did receive warranty SMS from Xenex within 15 minutes after i left the shop.
Super! Then simple supply and demand dynamics or just luck. Do compare manufacturing dates too.
Old 8th December 2019, 20:43   #4013
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vickyP View Post
Hello Timothy - What is the IDV for this quote and is this including the 3 year 3rd party cover (which I think is around 20K+ INR in itself)? When I was checking for an IDV of 19.99L for the Onyx i.e, for one year zero dep + 3 year 3rd party insurance policy, it was around 65-70K or so from HDFC Ergo and thus the query as NI seems very impressive if the coverage is same.
Hi Vicky,
I just put a preliminary inquiry on Policy Bazaar for Skoda Octavia with a market price of 20L and this was one of the options that came up. Since you have taken into account 3rd party insurance for 3 years (which I believe is mandatory) then your premium accordingly come down significantly for year 2 & 3.
Old 8th December 2019, 20:58   #4014
BHPian

Quote:

Hello All - I am planning to book the Skoda Octavia 1.8 TSI in the coming few days. I just wanted to get some point of view whether it would be good to book now or wait till new year for better discounts? Is there any specific discounts that can be expected if booked in early Jan 2020? Also, what is the feel around the stocks for 1.8 TSI? Currently, without the Skoda insurance & extended warranty, I am getting the L&K for around 27L and Onyx for around 23.5L. I have already asked my SA to improve this, if he wishes to close the deal this month.
I believe the best discounts are in December as there are no ready inventories of octavia that dealers have to get rid off in the New year. They are mostly assembled & dispatched according to order. So I don't think the discounts would be any better in Jan. There are sufficient kits around so the chances of them running out is relatively less. In Delhi the prices are cheaper than what you have mentioned as there is a lot of competition and we easily have around 6 dealers in the Delhi NCR region. You can press for more discounts on the L&K & the difference between the two should come to around 3L only. Hope this helps.
Old 9th December 2019, 10:22   #4015
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timothy View Post
Hi Vicky,
I just put a preliminary inquiry on Policy Bazaar for Skoda Octavia with a market price of 20L and this was one of the options that came up.
Thanks - I shall have a check too. But I think, the IDV values were lower on many lower quoted premiums and thus the query. I shall check again for the best offer. As of now, I am planning for HDFC Ergo as my current car is on it too and I have NCB to transfer as well.

Quote:
I believe the best discounts are in December as there are no ready inventories of octavia that dealers have to get rid off in the New year. They are mostly assembled & dispatched according to order. So I don't think the discounts would be any better in Jan. There are sufficient kits around so the chances of them running out is relatively less. In Delhi the prices are cheaper than what you have mentioned as there is a lot of competition and we easily have around 6 dealers in the Delhi NCR region. You can press for more discounts on the L&K & the difference between the two should come to around 3L only. Hope this helps.
Thanks again. Yes, the Bangalore road taxes are crazy high and thus the higher pricing overall. For the discounts, I am trying the best deal to be worked out and would keep all posted on how that shapes up. If I get a good number, then I shall book in the next few days.
Last time I went to the stock yard of one of the dealers (late October), there were a fair number of Octavia they had in stock (at least 10+) - but could be customer orders.
Old 9th December 2019, 17:44   #4016
BHPian

Hello All - I am finalizing the Octavia 1.8 TSI L&K for the final price of 26.5L without the Skoda Insurance & EW. This translates to a discount of 2.3L on the L&K in Bangalore. Is this a good deal to proceed with?
Also with regards to the manufacturing month, what should I expect the same to be? I have informed the SA that I would expect a Nov 2019 (or Oct to be the oldest) model for sure. Any thoughts or recent experiences please?
Old 10th December 2019, 18:27   #4017
BHPian

Quote:
Hello All - I am finalizing the Octavia 1.8 TSI L&K for the final price of 26.5L without the Skoda Insurance & EW. This translates to a discount of 2.3L on the L&K in Bangalore. Is this a good deal to proceed with?
Also with regards to the manufacturing month, what should I expect the same to be? I have informed the SA that I would expect a Nov 2019 (or Oct to be the oldest) model for sure. Any thoughts or recent experiences please?
It looks like a good deal. I am also planning to go for L&K 1.8 Tsi . What is the break of the 2.3 L discount ? Cheers !
Old 12th December 2019, 13:05   #4018
BHPian

Quote:
It looks like a good deal. I am also planning to go for L&K 1.8 Tsi . What is the break of the 2.3 L discount ? Cheers !
Well, it is more of a rounded off number - but I know it includes loyalty bonus (as I currently own a VW Vento) and also some benefits due to lower RTO charges in effect from the lowered ex-showroom.
Old 12th December 2019, 14:31   #4019
BHPian

Quote:
Well, it is more of a rounded off number - but I know it includes loyalty bonus (as I currently own a VW Vento) and also some benefits due to lower RTO charges in effect from the lowered ex-showroom.
Are you saying that the RTO charges would be charged based on the discounted value and not the listed price ? I was told by my SA that the road tax will be charged on the actual ex showroom price and not on the discounted price.
Old 12th December 2019, 15:29   #4020
BHPian

Quote:
Your RTO charges won't come down. It is a static amount and your dealer / loyalty discounts have no bearing on it. So do reconfirm.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks